why is there so much greed on this game

Comments

• Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    In any case question if you buy let's say mats online just to make wine i have had to do this it's hard to farm with a lot of peeps farming in any case lets say u buy 30 mats for 4 or 6 gold now sense the gold is going up and down why is it any differnt to charge more for bh wine they exspect me or other to charge them 40k each for wine split thats what thease 3 kids wanted me to do norm i charge 60k for 79 bh and 70k for bh 89 i can go higher if i wanted sense i had to buy the mats with gold but i dont.
    Wow, like others I'm having a hard time understanding you but it sounds like this:

You paid real-life cash for Zen, bought gold, then bought mats with the gold and want to charge 60-70k to each person in a 6-man squad for BH79/89 ("norm i charge 60k for 79 bh and 70k for bh 89 i can go higher if i wanted sense i had to buy the mats with gold").

These "greedy kids" as you called it found a cheap way to make wines by exploiting a glitch in the marriage wines so that they can charge only 40k to each person in a 6-man squad for the same BH ("they exspect me or other to charge them 40k each for wine split thats what thease 3 kids wanted me to do").

If there are 10 cat-shops on the Head Hunter's Platform offering pre-made BH89 wines for 200k a piece, do you really think that any sane person who knows the "going rate" would be wiling to pay 300k a piece? As best I can tell that's what you're asking! I don't care if you actually paid 350k a piece and are only charging 300k and taking a loss, you're still charging more than 50% over the "market rate" and that's gouging.

Asking people to pay 50% more than the "going rate" makes you as greedy as the kids you want to damn... in fact they're smart shoppers and you're ... not so smart. If you're going to spend real money on this game, learn to do it efficiently. It would be far better for you to convert your gold to coin at the auction house and buy the mats there, than to buy them directly from the boutique.

Right at this moment you could probably sell gold on Sanctuary for 330k / gold.

30 BH89 mats are going for 90k at the Catshops by the wine-maker in west Arch; x4 for the different mat types = 360k = $1.09

The best price I see for BH89 wines on the Head Hunter's platform are 190k ea. x2 = 380k = $1.15

Buying the 30x4 mats straight from the boutique = 3 gold per mat-type x 4 mat-types = 12 gold = $12.00

It doesn't take some New Yorker with a Wall St mentality to realize that the best deal is to buy the mats at the Catshop with coin you farmed or purchased with gold at the AH. It's also pretty clear that buying mats from the Boutique is pretty poor value. But if you're making the argument of greedy kids based on the snippets I posted, you're probably the type to buy a bottle of ketchup for $30 when all the other brands of ketchup are only $2-3 ea... If you don't grasp basic economic principles, don't blame "greedy kids"... get educated and fix the problem YOU have. -_^
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Who the hell buys mats with gold anyway? Talk about stupidity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2010

More like lazy and/or insanely rich.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    More like lazy and/or insanely rich.

Lazy? Perhaps.

Insanely rich? No. The insanely rich players, cash shoppers or not, are usually smart enough to play the market effectively, using their money to make more money, which is what makes them insanely rich in the first place. These people wouldn't be so stupid as to spend gold on mats when they're probably more than aware they can just sell that gold and buy the mats anyway for a cheaper price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010

People who are desperate for their quick fix of exp infusion.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:chuckle op is old and stupid can't figure out how to use tokens for wines

the whole post can summed up as those cool young smart kids manage to figure out a cheap way to make wine for bh89, and op is still labouring away everyday farming mats for bh89
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:chuckle op is old and stupid can't figure out how to use tokens for wines

the whole post can summed up as those cool young smart kids manage to figure out a cheap way to make wine for bh89, and op is still labouring away everyday farming mats for bh89

Don't talk about your elder this way as you could say this about your parents or grandparents.The OP does a real life jop as these kids have nothing better to do than sit and play PWI all day.That is why they are being selfish and greedy.

This person is paying for you to play this game like myself as well as those greedy kids.It is nice to have a subsidized game isn't it.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:chuckle tbh i really dont care, i got job and a decent job :P but i refuse to p2p now, i did recharge about $100-200 early on for mounts while i was a noob. as for playing all day, pft you dont need to play all day to make money, i afk all day make 10mil easily

lol i said old and stupid in 3 words and rest of post is all about how wines, but meh

plus what's wrong with greed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:chuckle tbh i really dont care, i got job and a decent job :P but i refuse to p2p now, i did recharge about $100-200 early on for mounts while i was a noob. as for playing all day, pft you dont need to play all day to make money, i afk all day make 10mil easily

lol i said old and stupid in 3 words and rest of post is all about how wines, but meh

plus what's wrong with greed

5 steps north from West Archo teleporter, then 5 steps east from west archo teleporter.
    This guy is my main Tele supplier :D And subs, when the corals weren't out (again) b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Doesn't matter what the NPC says.
    1 Wedding wine = 1 FB19/29/39/51/59/69/79/89/99 wine.
    Only one I'm not sure about is the 99 one. But I got 2 89 wines for 2 wedding wines.
    So, yeah.
    /thread.

And 50k is the MOST that I'd pay for 79 wine considering tokens are at MOST 15k each, so 2 wines in total cost 300k (300k / 6 = 50k Tadum!)
    And same goes for 89, since I don't care what the Eldest Matchmaker says, the bish still trades 1 wedding wine for 1 BH89 wine. So it's still 300k for 2 BH89 wines, so still at most 50k split per member.

Technically it would have to be 300k / 5 = 60k

If each person paid 50k then the person wining only receives 250k.

You can't count the winer as paying because at 300k for two wines 50k per squad member makes the winer lose 50k per bh instead of breaking even
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010

You can't count the winer as paying because at 300k for two wines 50k per squad member makes the winer lose 50k per bh instead of breaking even

No, he's right. The winer does lose 50k...just like the rest of the squad. Just because he bought the wines doesn't mean that he doesn't pay the 50k like everyone else.

At least, when I buy wines, I always charge myself what I charge the rest of the squad. I expect the winer to pay for part of the wines as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    No, he's right. The winer does lose 50k...just like the rest of the squad. Just because he bought the wines doesn't mean that he doesn't pay the 50k like everyone else.

At least, when I buy wines, I always charge myself what I charge the rest of the squad. I expect the winer to pay for part of the wines as well.

See, I do wines so I can get BH for free, if I wanted to pay 50k to do my BHs, I wouldn't wine.

But I guess I'm just weird..... ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    See, I do wines so I can get BH for free, if I wanted to pay 50k to do my BHs, I wouldn't wine.

But I guess I'm just weird..... ._.

Meh, I don't do it because I wouldn't want someone to do it to me. The most I'll do is if the cost of the wines comes out to be like 47k per person, I'll round up to 50k and pay a bit less. You're probably not the weird one, it's probably me because most people in the game are out for a good deal and don't have the same attitude towards it as me.

Not that it's a BAD thing, just not me b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Meh, I don't do it because I wouldn't want someone to do it to me. The most I'll do is if the cost of the wines comes out to be like 47k per person, I'll round up to 50k and pay a bit less. You're probably not the weird one, it's probably me because most people in the game are out for a good deal and don't have the same attitude towards it as me.

Lol, more power to you.b:chuckle

Before I started grinding during 2x drops I was broke as hell so I couldn't afford bh, so I just farmed mats and wined BHs.

*On Topic*

What I'm seeing lots of people here describing as "greed" I've also seen referred to as "capitalism" in economics.

Without "greed" as you put it, economies collapse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Omegalmesh - Heavens Tear
    Omegalmesh - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    sadly its the way of the world.....b:sad
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010

So you're getting your BH done for free while the rest of the squad covers your charge just because you clicked on a catshop to buy wines? Nice, very nice.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    So you're getting your BH done for free while the rest of the squad covers your charge just because you clicked on a catshop to buy wines? Nice, very nice.

Read all my posts before you post.

IMO, I'm providing a service, I'm not going to charge myself for my own service, I'm not FORCING people to pay my wine fee, they are choosing to. It's a business for me.

You don't like it? Pay the other guy wine fees.

Or *gasp* wine your own bh.

*edit* blah... couldn't come up with a good analogy off the top of my head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blindeyesniper
    edited April 2010
    Read all my posts before you post.

IMO, I'm providing a service, I'm not going to charge myself for my own service, I'm not FORCING people to pay my wine fee, they are choosing to. It's a business for me.

You don't like it? Pay the other guy wine fees.

Or *gasp* wine your own bh.

*edit* blah... couldn't come up with a good analogy off the top of my head.

I shouldn't pay for my share of the pizza because I opened the door to grab the pizza for us, damit!
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    I shouldn't pay for my share of the pizza because I opened the door to grab the pizza for us, damit!

Now, if you drove all the way to the pizza place, waited on the pizza, picked up the pizza, and brought it back, I'd probably not bother you about paying for it.

Good try though. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Now, if you drove all the way to the pizza place, waited on the pizza, picked up the pizza, and brought it back, I'd probably not bother you about paying for it.

...what if the pizza place is just across campus?

b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • blindeyesniper
    edited April 2010

Yea cuz clicking a catshop in archo is the same as wasting gas to get to a pizza place. There is no extra cost to you other than the coins you pay for wine.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Yea cuz clicking a catshop in archo is the same as wasting gas to get to a pizza place. There is no extra cost to you other than the coins you pay for wine.

Thank you
    /10 chars

Now please stop argueing, I'm not going to convince you and you're not going to convince, let the thread die
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    I love when people compare this game to real life. Because we all know that when you play a video game you act exactly the same as you do in real life, right?

If ElderSig can get them to pay the wine fee and not have to pay, more power to him, that's how the game is played. The game doesn't give you coin or exp based on whether the action is 'morally correct' or not, and your worth ingame isn't based on whether or not you pay for your own wines. If you're that worried, instead of asking what your share is on the next random BH, ask how much the wine cost to buy so you can do the math yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    PlumDumb - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i just do the bh's unwined..it dont take long.Now ill wine a bh99-100 anyday..but ill farm the mats too or jsut fine a wine person for free run to keep drops.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    i just do the bh's unwined..it dont take long.Now ill wine a bh99-100 anyday..but ill farm the mats too or jsut fine a wine person for free run to keep drops.

Honestly, I've always felt wining BHs is what makes it so easy for noobs to power lvl (well lvl 70+). Make people earn their BHs by having to kill all the mobs in 69 and 79 and up and they might actually learn something.

(Yes I know it'll take longer, but you can't have easy BHs and then complain that it allows power-lvling noobs, you have to take your pick)

So I don't have lvl 80 clerics on pole saying "What's purify?" b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blindeyesniper
    edited April 2010
    Thank you
    /10 chars

Now please stop argueing, I'm not going to convince you and you're not going to convince, let the thread die

Yes, just like the person who opened the door to grab the pizza shouldn't pay for it right? After all, he paid for the pizza himself and everyone should pay him back the full amount so he can eat for free.

And no, people don't act like they do in real life in a game. They can be as mean and unfair as they want without any real consequences.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I love when people compare this game to real life. Because we all know that when you play a video game you act exactly the same as you do in real life, right?

i guess you never walked outside next to a big fat guy wearing snowboard gear in the mid of summer... only to see some skinny punk from 30 meters away setting off a barrage on him... only to pop the last sutra pill in your pocket and sprint away.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    i Guess You Never Walked Outside Next To A Big Fat Guy Wearing Snowboard Gear In The Mid Of Summer... Only To See Some Skinny Punk From 30 Meters Away Setting Off A Barrage On Him... Only To Pop The Last Sutra Pill In Your Pocket And Sprint Away.

O_o

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited April 2010

It's not just you... I also divide by six and am just as likely to eat a little of the cost as to make a very marginal profit (e.g., charging 50k when it cost me 47k to 53k). I don't blame the people that only divide by five and as long as the rest of the squad agreed to a price up front, why should they care? They didn't: a) front upwards of 400k hoping to be reimbrused; or b) spend hours farming mats and not otherwise earning Exp/Spirit/Coins.

Still I charge myself the same share as everyone else -_^
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i guess you never walked outside next to a big fat guy wearing snowboard gear in the mid of summer... only to see some skinny punk from 30 meters away setting off a barrage on him... only to pop the last sutra pill in your pocket and sprint away.

I generally try to save said pills for the GIANT DAMN WATER DRAGONS COMING FROM THE SKYYYYY
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
This discussion has been closed.