Account Stash

1235»

Comments

• God - Dreamweaver
    God - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Other than the ability to level one of your low characters while on your high level one. I tried it. If I recall, I leveled an alt of mine from 1-50ish in a pretty short amount of time using my lvl 93 veno at the time.
    The ability to transfer non-bound items between characters bypassing the mailing fee. One advantage not available to those without two computers and two accounts until account stash. Seeing that you got a high level veno on your account, you also have the ability to solo most of your alt's boss quests as well as most FBs. No need for HP pots/save charms when grinding since you have the ability to hover a cleric over your grinding character. One of the biggest adv. of being able to log onto another character while you're on your main is the ability to have a 24/7 catshop.

Let's not forget the ability to do multiple WQs everyday simultaneously. The only benefit of having multiple accounts is the ability to buff yourself? Sure sure sure.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    hard to be a valid point when you cant even read or comprehend simple english to start with. reread and start over.

>.> nothing you have said has been a valid point everything is saying it is simple to implement and blah blah blah how everyone's point fails if it disagrees with yours. if it truly is as easy as you say to implement why dont you code it for them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • FruityMelons - Heavens Tear
    FruityMelons - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wow, what a thread!

As a professional software developer, two accounts can indeed be tied together. In fact, it's done every day. Yahoo messenger for instance allows you to sign on multiple accounts/screen names from just one login through linking. This is not a new practice...

That being said...

What other feature in game has been developed to specifically help two separate accounts or treat them as one in any way?

Does anyone know of any feature that does this? Is there a precedent where a feature in game is implemented in a fashion that benefits two accounts other than the obvious methods of account to account direct trading in game, the mailbox, etc?

I do not believe there is such a feature and I am wondering why suddenly should ANY feature be made to do this?

As far as I can tell this is the only feature (account stash) that even benefits multiple characters at all... so is this a case that given an inch, someone wants to take a mile?

One could take this further and say well i want two (or more accounts) linked even further. i want to log in once and access all 50 of my characters across my 6 accounts (no I do not have 50 characters, I don't even have 8).

On a side (and related) note, the limit of 8 characters is probably self imposed by the developers. There probably is no real reason why you couldn't have 100 characters or even 1000s on one account other than, in my opinion, to prevent account creep...that is..someone who creates account after account after account and ends up not using any of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • restricted1
    restricted1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    hey peoples
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    after reading most of this i feel the need to at least add my opinion. i started this game when it first came out, so there was no acct stash then. i made some chars on diff accts so i could trade stuff for myself, run bosses for myself, and do wq at the same time. after acct stash came out i rolled another char on my main acct so i could use the acct stash and make another char to share my 80 gear and other bond items with. i think ur bein a lil unfair sayin that this feature should be takin away, only for the fact that u urself cant do it or choose not to reroll on the same acct. if that was the case alot of things have came out way after the game was started, should we all complain about these things. no we should learn to live with it or make another char on ur main acct. just cause u urself cant use it doesnt mean we need another acct share item that just seems very selfish in my opinion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    how do i even access the account stash?
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Account stash has some serious flaws in it. It is great for the people who put all their characters on 1 single account but how about people who made a separate account for each character?

-Allows transfer of bound items where you used to need a new set for each.
    -Allows transfer of 400k exp items from 100 BH which give huge advantage in leveling a new character.

This is a huge advantage for people who made alts on the same account. If this option was available from the start that would be one thing but to change it later on is rather unfair.

Possible fixes...

-Remove the ability to transfer bound items that are untradable under normal circumstances. (will upset people who currently have stash)

-Add the ability (new CS item?) to allow the transfer between account stashes on separate accounts. Will require logins for the account you are trading to so you are only able to trade these items between your own accounts. (will increase account stash sales)

This would balance the playing field between players instead of giving a serious advantage to those that made all their characters on a single account. It is very time consuming and expensive to farm/upgrade high end equipment. Giving only certain players the ability to gear and level their new characters with minimal effort is a slap in the face to the rest of your player base.

heeeeeellllllll nooooooooo b:shocked ok i get the idea of using username password to use a account transfer item blah blah blah. but seriously boost the amount of hackers muchb:embarrass i mean if they **** your account they know your password and username, which means they can take your bound gears and other valuable items b:sad now if u added say a message that said if what items were transfered to what accounts
    like ex. Ancient Arbor transfered to account: xxxx at 04/07/10 10:29 a.m. that makes more sense but ya still a huge hacker issue =/
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This is what I see in this thread.

My name is Foxgrit! My IQ is 3! I can count this many b:victory!

You are all mean to me I hate you!

I want the pretty shiny toy you have because you put all your toys in one basket, you get to play with them all.

I tossed my toys all over the place and now I can't play with them all.

It isn't fair!

TANTRUM

TANTRUM

TANTRUM

WAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I WANT MY BINKY!!!!!!!!!!!

It is your own fault for putting all your toys in different baskets. **** and deal with it dumbass.

~S
    Now now, Saitada, don't go insulting those people with an IQ of 3.

I doubt Foxgrit even has that much IQ.

b:laughb:laugh can i say i just lauged my **** off at the comment
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Yondarys - Dreamweaver
    Yondarys - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Um, hello there ppl. Not to be a stick in the mud, but......isn't having two accounts and duel pc'ing not allowed? I"ve been telling ppl that it's a bannable offence if you get caught. Am I wrong, or were the rules about this changed recently. If it's legal, I"m def gunna start a new account. If not, I'll stick with my tried and true method of just ENJOYING PLAYING THIS GAME! ....maybe it's just me....
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe! ~Carl Sagan~
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Um, hello there ppl. Not to be a stick in the mud, but......isn't having two accounts and duel pc'ing not allowed? I"ve been telling ppl that it's a bannable offence if you get caught. Am I wrong, or were the rules about this changed recently. If it's legal, I"m def gunna start a new account. If not, I'll stick with my tried and true method of just ENJOYING PLAYING THIS GAME! ....maybe it's just me....
    It's perfectly level. Week in and week out there are people who use dual PC's for WB's, or for COA. If it weren't legal these people would have been banned ages ago.
  • Siege_ - Archosaur
    Siege_ - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    necro'd thread is necro'd b:chuckle
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    To the OP: Notice it's called an "Account stash" meaning ONE account and ONE stash for that ONE account. It's not called Multi-Account Stash for Multiple acounts.

I necroed cause I'm bored. Had to put my 2 cents in.

/end.
    >.<
  • Puppetmaster - Dreamweaver
    Puppetmaster - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If the account stash dont let your send items from sever to sever on same account then its worthless to me. I can just mail my items to may alt or give them to a friend and get on my alt and get it back from my friend. I have not bought one cuz 3 people have told me u can't send items from one sever to other. But if u can then i think account stash is worth buying
    b:bye
  • kailisu
    kailisu Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You know, I don't think the OP's request is out of line at all. Those of you trolling her - yeah, you're out of line.

I know for a fact that other games allow for one account to be accessed by multiple players. EVEOnline does it - if you all are a member of the same guild, you can share in one account. This is separate from each player's personal account.

I came to the forums to look for more information on the Account Stash option - my husband and I want to be able to trade items back and forth during the game, and I thought that the account stash would work for this. It doesn't. Oh well, $15 down the tubes. But that does not negate the veracity of possibly having a system where members of the same faction could trade items without needing to be face to face.

I do, however, find your treatment of a person's idea appalling. Obviously, if someone has an idea and you don't agree with it, then gee, it must be wrong.

I'm so glad I started playing the game first, before coming to the forums. Otherwise, this kind of treatment would have totally put me off of it. Yeah, I know, y'all don't care, I can go play in a different sandbox, if I don't like it I can leave, blah blah blah. I guess I'm just glad that the people I've met in game are much nicer than the people who hang out in the forums.
  • kailisu
    kailisu Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This is what I see in this thread.

My name is Foxgrit! My IQ is 3! I can count this many b:victory!

You are all mean to me I hate you!

I want the pretty shiny toy you have because you put all your toys in one basket, you get to play with them all.

I tossed my toys all over the place and now I can't play with them all.

It isn't fair!

TANTRUM

TANTRUM

TANTRUM

WAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I WANT MY BINKY!!!!!!!!!!!

It is your own fault for putting all your toys in different baskets. **** and deal with it dumbass.

~S

It's sad that this is the first post I saw in this thread while skimming.

What I see it saying?

"I'm a close-minded git who gets her jollies trashing other people's ideas."

Yeah, you're real mature.