Account Stash

Foxgrit - Lost City
Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Account stash has some serious flaws in it. It is great for the people who put all their characters on 1 single account but how about people who made a separate account for each character?

-Allows transfer of bound items where you used to need a new set for each.
-Allows transfer of 400k exp items from 100 BH which give huge advantage in leveling a new character.

This is a huge advantage for people who made alts on the same account. If this option was available from the start that would be one thing but to change it later on is rather unfair.

Possible fixes...

-Remove the ability to transfer bound items that are untradable under normal circumstances. (will upset people who currently have stash)

-Add the ability (new CS item?) to allow the transfer between account stashes on separate accounts. Will require logins for the account you are trading to so you are only able to trade these items between your own accounts. (will increase account stash sales)

This would balance the playing field between players instead of giving a serious advantage to those that made all their characters on a single account. It is very time consuming and expensive to farm/upgrade high end equipment. Giving only certain players the ability to gear and level their new characters with minimal effort is a slap in the face to the rest of your player base.
Post edited by Foxgrit - Lost City on

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Account stash has some serious flaws in it. It is great for the people who put all their characters on 1 single account but how about people who made a separate account for each character?

-Allows transfer of bound items where you used to need a new set for each.
    -Allows transfer of 400k exp items from 100 BH which give huge advantage in leveling a new character.

This is a huge advantage for people who made alts on the same account. If this option was available from the start that would be one thing but to change it later on is rather unfair.

Possible fixes...

-Remove the ability to transfer bound items that are untradable under normal circumstances. (will upset people who currently have stash)

-Add the ability (new CS item?) to allow the transfer between account stashes on separate accounts. Will require logins for the account you are trading to so you are only able to trade these items between your own accounts. (will increase account stash sales)

This would balance the playing field between players instead of giving a serious advantage to those that made all their characters on a single account. It is very time consuming and expensive to farm/upgrade high end equipment. Giving only certain players the ability to gear and level their new characters with minimal effort is a slap in the face to the rest of your player base.

How about a big fat NO.

Players with char on two different accounts can dual comp... which is an advantage that players with chars on the same account don't have.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    How about a big fat NO.

Players with char on two different accounts can dual comp... which is an advantage that players with chars on the same account don't have.

^This

I did both of my sin's weapon token quests on my veno (brought along a couple faction buddies who needed BH while I was at it).b:cute

Then I rerolled my sin on HL and lost that ability.b:cry
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • HeavensWing - Sanctuary
    HeavensWing - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ...........No.
    First...If you have two accounts...what? With two accounts, how would the Game know if both accounts were yours?Yes you could program that but it would take AWHILE. Theyd have to make an account for both your accounts! How does that even work?

Next, the bound items are YOURS, Why cant you share them between characters? Its not like your trading them to random people, its YOURS. You spent time making/Putting Money into binding notes. (That one is kinda an IMO...)

Lastly, Your end statement makes NO SENSE AT ALL. How is it unfair to the other players? The other players can do the same thing! Make their stuff and send it to other characters on their account. The only thing this effects is Players That have 2 accounts for 2 characters, which is Stupid because one account allows 8.

Thank you for your time :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Original Join date: Nov 24, 2008
    Originally Posted by Russiee - Raging Tide

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

^ So pro b:victory ^
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    The only thing this effects is Players That have 2 accounts for 2 characters, which is Stupid because one account allows 8.

Players put chars on diff accounts so that they can play both chars at the same time. I think my arch leveled my alt to 6x without my alt actually killing a single mob.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Account Stash isn't flawed, your decision to create multiple accounts was.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    nice.....a new way for people to steal other peoples BOUND stuff.
    b:chuckle
    1. Get account info.
    2. Buy account stone.
    3. Steal everything including bound gear.
    ???
    4. Profit
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    ...........No.
    First...If you have two accounts...what? With two accounts, how would the Game know if both accounts were yours?Yes you could program that but it would take AWHILE. Theyd have to make an account for both your accounts! How does that even work?

Next, the bound items are YOURS, Why cant you share them between characters? Its not like your trading them to random people, its YOURS. You spent time making/Putting Money into binding notes. (That one is kinda an IMO...)

1st one is pretty simple. It would require the logins for the 2nd account you are trying to trade it to.

Your 2nd argument would actually be in favor of this change. Both accounts belong to the same person so under your logic both should be allowed to use the same equipment.

I am not talking about just a random trade being able to transfer items to anyone. This would require the logins for the account you want to transfer the items to so you will only be able to transfer them to your own accounts.

The account stash was added after a year and a half of the game being released. If this was available from the start then it wouldnt be an issue because everyone would have known from the start that their would be an advantage to putting your characters on the same account.

How about a big fat NO.

People who do use 2 computers paid to have both of them as well. Under your logic the cash shop should cease to exist. 1 person can spend $500/month on cash shop while the next person might not be able to spend any. Guess that should be taken away as well?

If you are trying to use the argument of dual comping against it your argument is completely flawed. If the person wants to play both accounts at the same time only 1 character would be geared with this option. I dont see how this creates any extra advantage for the person with 2 computers.
    edited February 2010
    1st one is pretty simple. It would require the logins for the 2nd account you are trying to trade it to.

Your 2nd argument would actually be in favor of this change. Both accounts belong to the same person so under your logic both should be allowed to use the same equipment.

I am not talking about just a random trade being able to transfer items to anyone. This would require the logins for the account you want to transfer the items to so you will only be able to transfer them to your own accounts.

The account stash was added after a year and a half of the game being released. If this was available from the start then it wouldnt be an issue because everyone would have known from the start that their would be an advantage to putting your characters on the same account.

People who do use 2 computers paid to have both of them as well. Under your logic the cash shop should cease to exist. 1 person can spend $500/month on cash shop while the next person might not be able to spend any. Guess that should be taken away as well?

If you are trying to use the argument of dual comping against it your argument is completely flawed. If the person wants to play both accounts at the same time only 1 character would be geared with this option. I dont see how this creates any extra advantage for the person with 2 computers.

so....you mean to say you managed to get two characters on two different accounts to a high level and would now like to transfer bound gear and stuff?
    b:sweat
    hmm.....
    you sure that the 2nd account be yours?
    xD

also that stone would be very easy to exploit....
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    nice.....a new way for people to steal other peoples BOUND stuff.
    b:chuckle
    1. Get account info.
    2. Buy account stone.
    3. Steal everything including bound gear.
    ???
    4. Profit

Dont give out your account info to anyone. No more issue.

There has never been a single case of someone having their account "****". If people are going to cheat/bot sites and get a keylogger their account wasnt ****. These people deserve to have everything they have stolen because they were looking up ways to cheat the game. A simple virus protection program can prevent all of the cases where people lose their account without directly giving out their information. If they are dumb enough to give out their login information they also deserve to lose everything if for no other reason than it is against the TOS.

My favorite one there is the fake GMs which ask for peoples info. GMs will not ever ask for a players login info. If a GM had a reason to do something on your account they would just modify your account file to give/remove whatever items were in question.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010

Your first paragraph made no sense to me. And your second... its not hard to get a second set of gear for my 2nd or even 3rd/4th character. so if you want to exploit the advantage of using 2 characters at one time... then you'll need to spend the extra time to gather that 2nd set.

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010

There has never been a single case of someone having their account "****". If people are going to cheat/bot sites and get a keylogger their account wasnt ****. These people deserve to have everything they have stolen because they were looking up ways to cheat the game. A simple virus protection program can prevent all of the cases where people lose their account without directly giving out their information. If they are dumb enough to give out their login information they also deserve to lose everything if for no other reason than it is against the TOS.

My favorite one there is the fake GMs which ask for peoples info. GMs will not ever ask for a players login info. If a GM had a reason to do something on your account they would just modify your account file to give/remove whatever items were in question.

So... if people "dumb" enough to lose their pass to a key logger program.. they "deserve" to have everything stolen? then... since your "dumb" enough to create chars on 2 different account without predicting that the said stone will come out a year later... you "deserve" to not be able to transfer bounded gear between the 2 accounts.

edited February 2010

faction leader had a keylogger on her computer.
    person took everything except the bound stuff.
    and she doesn't cheat, ****, bot, or anything.

lol at this, "A simple virus protection program can prevent all of the cases where people lose their account without directly giving out their information. "
    Ahahahahahahah human software protection currently be so pathetically inadequate.
    you do know that most if not all human virus protection softwares catch things after the fact? they has reports/find new stuff then has to develop ways to cancel it out?
    they not really heuristic or self aware which makes them poorly inadequate.

now then me suggest you stop pulling false information from teh air.
    b:bye
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    so....you mean to say you managed to get two characters on two different accounts to a high level and would now like to transfer bound gear and stuff?
    b:sweat
    hmm.....
    you sure that the 2nd account be yours?
    xD

also that stone would be very easy to exploit....

For your information...

LC
    100 veno
    94 bm
    88 barb
    65 mage
    60 sin
    58 bm
    55 psy

HL
    93 veno
    84 barb
    60 bm

Yes I leveled them all. My girlfriend has a similar group of characters of similar levels.

LC
    101 archer
    95 cleric
    60 sin
    55 psy

HL
    93 veno
    83 cleric
    65 archer

Yes she leveled them all herself as well.
    edited February 2010
    For your information...

LC
    100 veno
    94 bm
    88 barb

65 mage
    60 sin
    58 bm
    55 psy

HL
    93 veno
    84 barb

60 bm

Yes I leveled them all. My girlfriend has a similar group of characters of similar levels.

LC
    101 archer
    95 cleric

60 sin
    55 psy

HL
    93 veno
    83 cleric

65 archer

b:shocked
    Why you hax?~
    DX
    and my...my....that be alot of free time in both of your paws.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Your first paragraph made no sense to me. And your second... its not hard to get a second set of gear for my 2nd or even 3rd/4th character. so if you want to exploit the advantage of using 2 characters at one time... then you'll need to spend the extra time to gather that 2nd set.

Getting basic gear is the easy part. How about if you +10 a nirvana set? Do you think that it is fair that some people can buy an item to transfer this to their other characters while others do not have this option? I'd like to see you even obtain a full nirvana set for multiple characters let alone upgrade them both to a decent amount. If you are happy with a basic unupgraded set of equips for a 2nd character then sure thats easy.

Even without the equipment issue the transfer of the 400k BH 100 reward through the account stash makes for an unfair leveling ability for only a certain % of the player base. In under a month these people would be able to level a character from 1-70 and they wouldnt ever have to kill a single mob let alone even leave town. Start a new character and boom 2 seconds later level 27.
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    So you want Account Stash to be modified so you can further exploit the advantage you have had for ages by having different accounts for different characters?

Does a human greed know no bounds?
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    For your information...

LC
    100 veno
    94 bm
    88 barb
    65 mage
    60 sin
    58 bm
    55 psy

HL
    93 veno
    84 barb
    60 bm

LC
    101 archer
    95 cleric
    60 sin
    55 psy

HL
    93 veno
    83 cleric
    65 archer

Hmm, how about you prove it with a proper forum avatar?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • FruityMelons - Heavens Tear
    FruityMelons - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Haha! Other than BOUND items and non-tradeable there is a "shared account stash" you can share with EVERYONE! It's called the MAILBOX! You know that little brown box typically found BESIDE the bank...

Cost of stash stone: 15 gold
    Cost of gold in coins: ~400k
    Cost to mail items: 500 coins
    Number if items you can "share" for 15 gold: 12,000
    It feels like I should add...not knowing how to use the games features: PRICELESS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    b:shocked
    Why you hax?~
    DX
    and my...my....that be alot of free time in both of your paws.

Sadly i agree with you. Not about the hax part but the having WAY too much time. A lot of them leveled strictly by dailies after level 30 though. Burned up a lot of coin just dailying that many characters for months.

Started back when the servers opened so that is a lot of time for just dailying to level. Not as bad as you think but yes we have spent a lot of time on here.
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Haha! Other than BOUND items and non-tradeable there is a "shared account stash" you can share with EVERYONE! It's called the MAILBOX! You know that little brown box typically found BESIDE the bank...

Cost of stash stone: 15 gold
    Cost of gold in coins: ~400k
    Cost to mail items: 500 coins
    Number if items you can "share" for 15 gold: 12,000
    It feels like I should add...not knowing how to use the games features: PRICELESS

Wow you are smart. You actually know how things currently work.

Bound items were not able to be traded up until recently. The issue is only with the items which were enabled to be traded by the account stash. These previously untradable items make it unfair for people who made separate accounts because this option was not originally available. As i stated previously if this feature was available from the start then this argument would be invalid. Because it was added after the fact it makes it unfair to those that created separate accounts because their was no benefit in having them on the same account.
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Hmm, how about you prove it with a proper forum avatar?

I have nothing to prove to you and besides the level of my characters are irrelevant to the issue. Why would I take the effort to log in and out of that many different accounts just to prove something to someone I dont even know and could care less if they believe it or not?
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    maocchi wrote: »
    So you want Account Stash to be modified so you can further exploit the advantage you have had for ages by having different accounts for different characters?

Does a human greed know no bounds?

How is it greed to want to be able to utilize money (both in game and irl) spent to the same advantage as others have been given?

From the start everyone else also had the option of using multiple accounts and multiple computers. Some choose not to own more than 1 computer while others do.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have nothing to prove to you and besides the level of my characters are irrelevant to the issue. Why would I take the effort to log in and out of that many different accounts just to prove something to someone I dont even know and could care less if they believe it or not?

I have a lvl 105 of eavery class. But I don't need to prove it anyway, you are just to believe me on the spot.

Get my point?

Anyway, back on topic:
    ........ NO
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ... How could you access others' Account Stashes?

What about trading already-bound items, making binding have no consequences whatsoever?
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • FruityMelons - Heavens Tear
    FruityMelons - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wow you are smart. You actually know how things currently work.

Bound items were not able to be traded up until recently. The issue is only with the items which were enabled to be traded by the account stash. These previously untradable items make it unfair for people who made separate accounts because this option was not originally available. As i stated previously if this feature was available from the start then this argument would be invalid. Because it was added after the fact it makes it unfair to those that created separate accounts because their was no benefit in having them on the same account.

Welcome to progress my friend. I suppose PWI should just not innovate or implement features because the old way of doing things worked...and new things are just unfair to those who did things differently.

You made multiple accounts for a reason...to take advantage of what was available to you at the time you created them. Trading items directly between multiple accounts using separate computers, using 1 account to assist other accounts with quests.. whatever... now the system has a new feature...and it isn't fair because you personally cannot take advantage of it? There are plenty of people who created toons on the same account (me for one) who cannot take advantage of direct trading to other chars. It's a limitation we live with...and let's not mention the 1000's that can't ever or will never get a stash upgrade. There's a new feature that benefits chars on the same account... THIS IS NOT A NEW CONCEPT as you stated otherwise.

You said there was NO BENEFIT of having them on the SAME account. Wrong. You have always been able to share gold and coins on the same account. The auctioneer lets you deposit coins and gold and then the chars on the same account can log in and withdraw them. The stash isn't a NEW way to do it.. It's just a different way that also happens to allow you to trade items too even if those items may have been previously non-trade-able.

Would you prefer that PWI just wipe out all toons and let everyone start over everytime they implement a new feature that isn't to your liking? I'd think not.

Once upon a time items weren't tradeable at all, now you can trade between toons on the same account... maybe one day there can be permenant account linking. Who knows? I don't... but progress is progress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    For your information...

LC
    100 veno
    94 bm
    88 barb
    65 mage
    60 sin
    58 bm
    55 psy

HL
    93 veno
    84 barb
    60 bm

LC
    101 archer
    95 cleric
    60 sin
    55 psy

HL
    93 veno
    83 cleric
    65 archer

If you did level those up the old fasion way... then suck it up and farm that +10 niv on each char. but if you oracle those chars up... no one is going to give 2 ****s about you anyways.

and since your posting on a level 30 avat... you're going to be treated like a level 30.

• Foxgrit - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    ... How could you access others' Account Stashes?

What about trading already-bound items, making binding have no consequences whatsoever?

Binding already has no consequences for people who have their characters all on 1 account. Items still would not be able to be traded between people because it would require the logins for the 2nd account you wanted to transfer to.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Getting basic gear is the easy part. How about if you +10 a nirvana set? Do you think that it is fair that some people can buy an item to transfer this to their other characters while others do not have this option?
    Everyone has the option. If you choose not to spend $15 on this game, or refuse to convert coin to gold, then that is a self-imposed limitation. If you created characters on different accounts (as I did), then you did so knowing full well that they could in the future add a way to share items between characters on the same account. So again, a self-imposed handicap for the benefit of being able to play 2 characters at once.
    Even without the equipment issue the transfer of the 400k BH 100 reward through the account stash makes for an unfair leveling ability for only a certain % of the player base. In under a month these people would be able to level a character from 1-70 and they wouldnt ever have to kill a single mob let alone even leave town. Start a new character and boom 2 seconds later level 27.
    This argument has merit, and would be easily solved by making the 400k reward unable to go into the account stash.
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    For your information...

LC
    100 veno
    94 bm
    88 barb
    65 mage
    60 sin
    58 bm
    55 psy

Why in the world did you make 2 Venos in LC?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    edited February 2010

maybe one day there can be permenant account linking. Who knows? I don't... but progress is progress.

In a way that is what I am saying. Make it possible to trade between account stashes on separate accounts.
    If you did level those up the old fasion way... then suck it up and farm that +10 niv on each char. but if you oracle those chars up... no one is going to give 2 ****s about you anyways.

and since your posting on a level 30 avat... you're going to be treated like a level 30.

Never used oracles. Personally think they were one of the worst things ever made available to CS.
    I have a lvl 105 of eavery class. But I don't need to prove it anyway, you are just to believe me on the spot.

Get my point?

Anyway, back on topic:
    ........ NO

Good for you.

Besides the point was already stated that whether or not I truly have those characters or only this one is irrelevant to the issue.

Since you are so interested in my characters this one was created solely for the purpose of purging PKers outside west arch when I am bored.

Oh and I forgot my GF also has a 85 veno. There is another one you can refuse to believe if you want and it also has nothing to do with the issue of linking account stashes between accounts.
    sleepcat wrote: »
    Why in the world did you make 2 Venos in LC?

Not sure where you are looking but I only see 1 veno on LC.
    Everyone has the option. If you choose not to spend $15 on this game, or refuse to convert coin to gold, then that is a self-imposed limitation. If you created characters on different accounts (as I did), then you did so knowing full well that they could in the future add a way to share items between characters on the same account. So again, a self-imposed handicap for the benefit of being able to play 2 characters at once.

I have no issue with paying for the account stash. If I had any idea this would have been implemented I might have done things differently. Wouldnt you like the ability to buy an account stash for each of your accounts and be able to share between them so if 2 of your characters use the same type of equips you wouldnt have to farm/upgrade 2 separate sets of the same items at some point?