Fist/Claw BM for PK...

Options
Hammered_Guy - Sanctuary
Hammered_Guy - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Blademaster
Hi guys!
I wanna make a Fist/Claw BM just for PK. I dont care bout PvE. I wanna use Fists/claws only, with tons of dexterity -> much Evasion, high crit rate. What do u think bout the armor (chest, legs, etc)? I think Light Armor would be good, cause i wouldnt need that much strength so i can put the points on dexterity and there are melee PKers and magic PKers, so why not balanced armory? Its just strange, cause i never saw a Light Armor BM. So, what do u think? Remember, Pure PK.. thanks b:thanks
Post edited by Hammered_Guy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Its just strange, cause i never saw a Light Armor BM. So, what do u think? Remember, Pure PK.. thanks b:thanks

Well, you never see fist-only BM. Go for it.b:victory
  • TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    there is a blademaster section for this kind of questions, they surely know more than me, I can only say that sage fist bms are like machineguns
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hammered_Guy - Sanctuary
    Hammered_Guy - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Well, you never see fist-only BM. Go for it.b:victory

true b:surrender
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    there is a blademaster section for this kind of questions, they surely know more than me, I can only say that sage fist bms are like machineguns

I don't think there's any room in the BM section for more Fist BM topics. O_o

Light armour is a huge no-no for a BM. Magic still hurts you only now you're squishy like a mage. Wheras first in heavy you got owned by magic, now everything owns you.

Fist BM's aren't needed as much in PK. Quite simply, axes will always be the more popular choice thanks to stuns and aoe's. This is especially true in RB and TW. Fist BM's can destroy bosses and mobs in PvE, thanks to channeling cancel skills and extremely fast damage output and can be dangerous fighters in 1v1 duels, but that's about it.
    Definitely a powerful and effective build, but mass PvP is where they tend to fail, not shine.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    lol, that build will NOT work at all if its 'just fist/claw' the severe lack of str, light armor, etc is asking for quick death.

if you want a good PK build go fist/axe + heavy armor so you can switch in between weapons, though itll require some higher refine armor to make up for the HP. youll have good crits, high accuracy, and if you have an axe with the 'berzerk' mod youll be a formidable opponent.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    dont go fist/axe
    I've been down that road, you hardly have ANY room for Vit, and fist BM only shines in late late game PvP and requires A LOT of money and a crapton of skill to play.

Trust me, i was one of the first to argue about fist BMs and PvP and i've done loads of research.
    Back.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Poleblade PVP BM FTW >.> Swords are nice for PVP too. b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i'll save you time: don't use fists for pvp until you are 99.
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    i'll save you time: don't use fists for pvp until you are 99.

and have the Zerker fist.
    Back.
  • darkjagans
    darkjagans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    dont go fist/axe
    I've been down that road, you hardly have ANY room for Vit

uh... what?
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    darkjagans wrote: »
    uh... what?

wadda ya mean what?
    fist/axe enough to use fist and axe.
    its possible but you have very little vit, i had 50 with no equips
    Back.
  • darkjagans
    darkjagans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    wadda ya mean what?

ah i see, misunderstood you there, my bad

that being said, axe+fist build is just plain silly

axe+polearm ftw :)
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    Options
    darkjagans wrote: »
    ah i see, misunderstood you there, my bad

that being said, axe+fist build is just plain silly

axe+polearm ftw :)

not when im able to steal aggro off of barbs my level with my fists =]
    Back.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    not to mention BM only gets 3 more hp than veno per vit, its not that much of a huge diff compared to other classes:P. high refined gear should solve that problem! TT90 has a ton of + vit.
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    wadda ya mean what?

nayiro is correct.

axes is high str and fist/claw is high dex.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=df1e3287ba95aad5 <- axe
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=0bb043459ab75295 <- fist
    above average in cost of gear but not SUPER expensive build. still able to wear 99 berzerk fist things, i dont see the BFD here, the build looks quite nice on paper to go axe fist if you have the money. any objections to the numbers on my pages on why they look bad?
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
  • NEMAE - Heavens Tear
    NEMAE - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i dont know what these people are smoking, but im pure fist and ive had 30+ hours of infamy since lvl 60. AND DONT GET ZERKER FISTS! they will kill you so fast and tick your charm a million times
    When axes aren't enough, use Kung Fu

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Necro... b:angry
    P.S. hours on PvE server doesn't mean sh*t. You at least are hunted by everyone on PvP server if you have hours, but having hours on PvE server is a joke. You can repeatly farm a few lowbies and not many people are going to stop you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Weeddunsmoke - Dreamweaver
    Weeddunsmoke - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i dont think it'll be all dat bad seeing as im a fist BM LA and have been doin pretty well. but all da dex wont start showing up till late in the game and its a difficult character to build takes patience and time and belive me wen i tell u U WILL DIE ALOT. if u still want to go fist BM LA my suggestion would be lvl 1-15 (str 1 dex 1 vit 3) 16-25 (str 2 dex 2 vit 1) 25-50 (str 1 dex 3 vit 1(u can also change it up here and ther like str 3 dex 2 one lvl and something else da nxt lvlafter lvl 25)) after 50 u will need to start puttin more str so i suggest at least 1str from here on out and of course at least 2 dex.now as for using alt weapons u can switch btween spear but remember u can also use bow which is great for pullin. hoped this helped
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i dont think it'll be all dat bad seeing as im a fist BM LA and have been doin pretty well.

LOL! Light Armor?

True Emptiness one-shot. b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • AirunElMarem - Heavens Tear
    AirunElMarem - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't know why BMs just keep up this BM+LA topic. BM is a melee character, so when you go to kill a mob, the mob will hit back. At early lvls fists do like 0dmg. Okay combine this with LA:

1. you will get more dmg--> you will use more pots, and I think sutra wont be enough for killing --> you will spend much more money to buy pots --> you will have less money. For other weapons sutra and some pots are good to do your quests etc...

2. you will have more repair costs --> you will have less money

3. lvling with fists are extremly slow --> you will bored in the game, mainly watching your friends will lvl twice as you. I saw a lot of "only fist BM" who left this game, becouse they didn't have money, or becouse they needed help to do almost all quests.
    BMs are not really welcomed, untill you have HF, AOE stun(this is only my experience). And if you go for fists only it means you won't have HF. Maybe you won't have enough money to buy AOE stun.

4. fists on early lvls are not really good to do dmg.

5. damage is really depends from str, some axeBM can pull agro from me, even if they lower some lvls, and I use my sage spark with relentless courage.

6. ALL high lvl BM say the same: LA+BM=Fail!!!
    One weapon patch is not really good!!!

When I started this game I wanted a swordBM(only sword), becouse almost all BM used axes, so I thought I will be unique and sword looks cool. I never had any LA on me, I used swords till 77. I didn't have money, from 200k stuff I left every time 80-120k in shop for repairs and pots.

I don't know what else I can say to forget this LABM topic.

But if you still choose the LAfist way I wish good luck to you, and I would like to see you some months later, becouse I would like to know how does this path work for you.

Edit:
    eva doesn't really count, becouse there are 4 caster class, they will hit always, archers have high accuracy and they have some spells too, barbs have some 100%hit skill and for barbs with fists you will do 0 dmg( maybe this change on really high lvl, with good equipments), so you will be good against other BMs.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i dont think it'll be all dat bad seeing as im a fist BM LA and have been doin pretty well. but all da dex wont start showing up till late in the game and its a difficult character to build takes patience and time and belive me wen i tell u U WILL DIE ALOT. if u still want to go fist BM LA my suggestion would be lvl 1-15 (str 1 dex 1 vit 3) 16-25 (str 2 dex 2 vit 1) 25-50 (str 1 dex 3 vit 1(u can also change it up here and ther like str 3 dex 2 one lvl and something else da nxt lvlafter lvl 25)) after 50 u will need to start puttin more str so i suggest at least 1str from here on out and of course at least 2 dex.now as for using alt weapons u can switch btween spear but remember u can also use bow which is great for pullin. hoped this helped

Why?!! b:cry

A LA fist BM came up to me one day and said. "Hey lets duel"!! I said, "Sure." We both had fists equipped. His were TT80 mine were TT 70. We fight I win.

He say's oh, I messed up lets go again. I said ok. We fight...I win. (my life still hasn't gone past 3/4)

I look at his gear...i chuckle. He says, 'okay one more time." I'm like "yeah alright." I switch to axes and stun lock him. He dies real fast. No life lost at all for me. I turn and tell him. "dude its your light armor that's holding you back. You just aren't doing enough damage and you get hit real hard." His reply, "Yeah, I'm going to restat to HA....I see him in the 9x'x he has heavy armor and we talk and he LOVES his HA and won't ever go back to LA.

Story over.

Oh, and Necro Necro Necro
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol I don't get why people still say fists at early levels are bad... makes quests really easy and honestly, how many people still AOE grind? By the time you're done with all your dailies and your quests you'll probably level and have new quests. I had a hard time keeping up with my quests 'cause CS + BH give so much exp.

And with Lv60 DQ wrists I've been **** agro off barbs since lv60. I've tanked a lot of BHs from 60 to 80 simply because I can keep agro off even archers.

And what makes them good in PvP... double spark + melee for other heavy armor users. You also build chi much faster so you can keep someone stunlocked for a long time. Along with max Occult Ice on a decent genie I've been keeping people from moving for half a minute more often than once... charmed higher levels. Won't kill them but it's pretty damn funny.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Stop posting on a necroed thread >_>.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Gilforin - Lost City
    Gilforin - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I pve with fist from lv 65 to lv 89. After that you can pvp. Demon fist BM FTW.

Its the best, for single targets of corse. RPK lowbies isnt much fun.

shoot for higher lvs then you, you will learn many things. Your stuns must be perfect or die xD.

I never went light armor just used lower fist till I got to lv 90 .

Good Luck :D
    i WENT TO TIJUANA, HAD A FEW DRINKS AND THE NEXT DAY MY BOLIS WAS BURNING WAAAb:cry
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol I don't get why people still say fists at early levels are bad... makes quests really easy and honestly, how many people still AOE grind? By the time you're done with all your dailies and your quests you'll probably level and have new quests. I had a hard time keeping up with my quests 'cause CS + BH give so much exp.

You just say fists on early lvls are good, but you didn't give any reason why. A lot of ppl do the same, but this doesn't really help. Of course you are right CS+BH really help, but with fists you are useless in bh. On early lvls there are a lot of boss quests also, I think you thought now everybody do those like simple quests, but no. Thats why ppl can stuck, and when they stuck they will kill mobs like in the old ages, and for that fistBM isn't good(I said in my last post why). On lvl 60 quests+cs+bh won't enough to lvl fast, but okay you can level in 4-5 days. But after 70 it will be pain... I saw some fistBM who use 3*weapons on lvl69 and they still save money to buy AOS.

And what makes them good in PvP... double spark + melee for other heavy armor users. You also build chi much faster so you can keep someone stunlocked for a long time. Along with max Occult Ice on a decent genie I've been keeping people from moving for half a minute more often than once... charmed higher levels. Won't kill them but it's pretty damn funny.

After spark you will get stunned, and you will build nothing.

And with Lv60 DQ wrists I've been **** agro off barbs since lv60. I've tanked a lot of BHs from 60 to 80 simply because I can keep agro off even archers.

If you have another character which will push money for your BM then it's okay. Barbs are simply lazy thats the only reason if you really steal agro, so he didn't spam his agro skills.

Maybe after 90 you can pull agro from archers, but till 90 I really don't think. Maybe the archer was poor, or he didn't have skills becouse of the same reason. You need -interval, high lvl fists to pull agro from an archer, becouse they have high crit rate, and they get dmg from dex, not from str. Oh and they also have -interval stuff...

Okay If you answer, please don't quarell, just give reasons why you say what you say, I did this.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    You just say fists on early lvls are good, but you didn't give any reason why. A lot of ppl do the same, but this doesn't really help. Of course you are right CS+BH really help, but with fists you are useless in bh. On early lvls there are a lot of boss quests also, I think you thought now everybody do those like simple quests, but no. Thats why ppl can stuck, and when they stuck they will kill mobs like in the old ages, and for that fistBM isn't good(I said in my last post why). On lvl 60 quests+cs+bh won't enough to lvl fast, but okay you can level in 4-5 days. But after 70 it will be pain... I saw some fistBM who use 3*weapons on lvl69 and they still save money to buy AOS.
    What the hell are you talking about? As a Fist/Axe BM I've been a lot more helpful to any squad than a pure axe BM. At lower levels your single target DPS is higher with fists and it's cheaper to go that route meaning you can max your mastery, sprint, aeolian and roar earlier because fists don't need anything after lv1 shadowless. Since lv60, where I got my DQ wrists and mold fists I've been capable of keeping agro off of every single BM and wizard I've partied with. A few archers/sins have stolen with double spark but that's it.

The only reason BMs are good in BHs is damage and mob control, and guess what? You need chi for stuns, which a fist BM builds faster. You do more damage at bosses too.

I have no idea what you're talking about in the second half.
    After spark you will get stunned, and you will build nothing.
    ...either you use red sprint or you combine it with roar/occult ice. You don't randomly spark...
    If you have another character which will push money for your BM then it's okay. Barbs are simply lazy thats the only reason if you really steal agro, so he didn't spam his agro skills.

Maybe after 90 you can pull agro from archers, but till 90 I really don't think. Maybe the archer was poor, or he didn't have skills becouse of the same reason. You need -interval, high lvl fists to pull agro from an archer, becouse they have high crit rate, and they get dmg from dex, not from str. Oh and they also have -interval stuff...
    No, it's called double sparking with interval gear. I've had -0.05 since 44, -0.10 since 60 and -0.15 since 73. If you double spark with that and add Tangling Mire you're going to do a lot of damage per hit. I think I've managed to steal agro from just about every barb with that...

And all you seem to say is "you can't steal/pull agro"... so tell me, why has it happened so many times? My friend, a cleric, goes to BHs with me and has told me some barbs PM her saying they think they fail before they're not used to agro being stolen from them... fists at 88 and below are still very effective. Especially for leveling... once you get sutra and lv1 shadowless you should hardly be using any HP pots. Occasional MP pot and that's about it. I did fund my BM but it never had amazing gear... only thing I have that has any real value are the wrists.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't know why BMs just keep up this BM+LA topic. BM is a melee character, so when you go to kill a mob, the mob will hit back. At early lvls fists do like 0dmg. Okay combine this with LA:

1. you will get more dmg--> you will use more pots, and I think sutra wont be enough for killing --> you will spend much more money to buy pots --> you will have less money. For other weapons sutra and some pots are good to do your quests etc...

2. you will have more repair costs --> you will have less money

3. lvling with fists are extremly slow --> you will bored in the game, mainly watching your friends will lvl twice as you. I saw a lot of "only fist BM" who left this game, becouse they didn't have money, or becouse they needed help to do almost all quests.
    BMs are not really welcomed, untill you have HF, AOE stun(this is only my experience). And if you go for fists only it means you won't have HF. Maybe you won't have enough money to buy AOE stun.

4. fists on early lvls are not really good to do dmg.

5. damage is really depends from str, some axeBM can pull agro from me, even if they lower some lvls, and I use my sage spark with relentless courage.

6. ALL high lvl BM say the same: LA+BM=Fail!!!
    One weapon patch is not really good!!!

When I started this game I wanted a swordBM(only sword), becouse almost all BM used axes, so I thought I will be unique and sword looks cool. I never had any LA on me, I used swords till 77. I didn't have money, from 200k stuff I left every time 80-120k in shop for repairs and pots.

I don't know what else I can say to forget this LABM topic.

But if you still choose the LAfist way I wish good luck to you, and I would like to see you some months later, becouse I would like to know how does this path work for you.

Edit:
    eva doesn't really count, becouse there are 4 caster class, they will hit always, archers have high accuracy and they have some spells too, barbs have some 100%hit skill and for barbs with fists you will do 0 dmg( maybe this change on really high lvl, with good equipments), so you will be good against other BMs.

ya who uses LA on BM?

LA is only for assassins archers maybe veno and that it cause Barbs get HA of course wiz psy cleric get robes

I know BM most versatile class but LA no way defantly not with Fists

Fists for PK umm maybe depends what fighting Wiz and Cleric yah sure do damage faster and with low HP its fast win with Barb heck no get your butt handed to ya unless ya a 101 Fist BM(oh seen one help me in TT he owned like no tomorrow) Psy no way they nuke ya so hard can't land a hit Assassin umm maybe and Veno no way unless sprint past pet and they have low HP
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
    edited April 2010
    Options
    What the hell are you talking about? As a Fist/Axe BM I've been a lot more helpful to any squad than a pure axe BM. At lower levels your single target DPS is higher with fists and it's cheaper to go that route meaning you can max your mastery, sprint, aeolian and roar earlier because fists don't need anything after lv1 shadowless. Since lv60, where I got my DQ wrists and mold fists I've been capable of keeping agro off of every single BM and wizard I've partied with. A few archers/sins have stolen with double spark but that's it.

I thought we speak about only fistBM, okay axe/fist is good in bh.

Okay let's see:

We have an archer, and a bm, both of them are lvl43. They use lvl 43fist,42bow. They do dmg to a target for 30sec( they meet the statrequirement for weapons):

Fists: Physical attack:179-197 Attack rate: 1.43, so 30*1,43=42,9 (number of attacks). I just pick the maximum dmg, so 197*42,9=8451,3 dmg! With minimum dmg: 179*42,9=7679,1 dmg!

Bow: Physical attack:257-477 Attack rate: 0,67, so 30*0,67=20,1 (number of attacks). 477*20,1=9587.7 dmg! With minimum dmg: 257*20,1=5165,7 dmg!

Okay now you can say, that the archer have low chance to steal agro from you, becouse fistbm's average dmg is higher. This is maybe true on bosses, but you can't reach the mob and the archer will kill it in bh.

But a lot of time if you steal agro from an arhcer that means you have a lot of money, and the archer was poor. The archer have a bit more crit rate, it's 100% that the archer do more dmg than you, becouse you dont get +dmg from dex, but the archer have lower str, and higher dex.

Lvl 43 Fist need 70Str, 86 dex; lvl42 bow need 25str, 128 dex. Okay here we see that the BM get extra dmg from 70 stat point, and the archer get extra dmg from 128 statpoints (you can say that you had more str, but believe me lvl 42 archer almost got 200 dex).
    Archers have higher crit rate, archer do more dmg when they land a critical hit. Archers don't need to run to the mob, this gives them +seconds to do dmg.

This means that the Archers are a bit better from BMs. And this will change only when you get some -interval stuffs(not one), and high lvl fists.

Shadowless kick: I didn't see any percent in the skilldescription, so I thought it will work all time. But I couldn't interrupt Pole's,Nob's aoe. Maybe becouse of lag, but it seems to me that this skill doesn't work all time, and it's hard to time it.

I don't know how did you get -interval stuffs, those are really expensive, as I said if you have money, it doesn't matter which character do you pick, you will shine. This game is about money. I still have lvl 70 armors on lvl90, so I can't imagine how did you put your hands on those expensive stuffs.
    The only reason BMs are good in BHs is damage and mob control, and guess what? You need chi for stuns, which a fist BM builds faster. You do more damage at bosses too.

I agree with this, except with the last two sentence. You need chi for stuns, but you can build enough chi with axe too to stun, becouse roar have 15 sec cooldown, so you can throw you faster chi building with fistBM to the trash.