why is there so much greed on this game

Black_wolve - Sanctuary
Black_wolve - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Chronicles
What i dont understand is i went to do a bh89 today i started a squad thease kids turn around told me they get there wine from tokens now i figured this out tokens are selling for at least 15,900 each and some selling for 25k each ok .

It takes 60 tokens to get just 6 marriage wines the cost would be if u buy them each for 15,900 is 954.000 now it takes 6 marriage wines to make 1 bh89 wine though the match maker. Now it takes 12 wines for 2 bh89 wines u can imagine the cost is.

Now this kid said it took 50 tokens and tried to get me to do it for 40k each or so i said no way i left that squad.

What i dont understand is why are some of thease younger adults tring to do unless there rich kids and have no responsabilty but collect money of there parents and spend tons of money.

Iam sorry i work for a living and not rich by all means and i just dont see thats cheaper to make bh wine i rather just farm the mats and make the wine then charge cheaper for a bh .

Another thing is i noticed is there selling a mount that only cost 5 gold and selling it for 2 to 3 mil each but a few friends tried selling a mount in ah or in a cat shop no one wants it the exspect u to drop the price and a few people agreed what did pwi turn in to a giant pawn shop buy cheap and sell high it dont make sense to me.

All i see is GREED last year when i first started a mp or hp charm was only 500k or some where 600k now there selling them for 1.2 mil and higher i realy dont understand how this game turn in to a hudge pawn shop im sure a few who reply to this forum will be nasty oh well lol.
Post edited by Black_wolve - Sanctuary on

Comments

• axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Eh? I thought it only took 1 "token" wine to make 1 BH89 wine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Now this kid said it took 50 tokens and tried to get me to do it for 40k each or so i said no way i left that squad.

All i see is GREED last year when i first started a mp or hp charm was only 500k or some where 600k now there selling them for 1.2 mil and higher i realy dont understand how this game turn in to a hudge pawn shop im sure a few who reply to this forum will be nasty oh well lol.

Eh, what? Some kid tried charging you 40k per token, or 40k for the wine fee? I'm confused. Wine fee for bh89 is usually around 65-75k.

As for why people place value on in-game coin? Simple. In-game coin has a relative value to real money. 1 US Dollar = 1 Gold = 300-350,000 coin in-game.

The value of cash shop items will fluctuate with the price of in-game coin. In-game coin can be traded with Gold which can be purchased through the cash shop.

In real life, you're not just going to give away money to strangers, and some people are greedy and expect to make a profit.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    Q____Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The fb89 and 99 wines from the Matchmaker is glitched so it only uses one.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    When gold was 125k, a gold HP charm (4 gold) would logically cost 500k. Therefore, gold at 200k (like right after the chest of coins cam out) would make charms 800k. 300k gold is 1.2 mil for a charm. Do you expect everyone to charge less than gold price so you can get a cheap charm?

There's constantly more coins coming into the economy, and not enough coin sinks, so inflation is bound to happen. And with the sales bumping up gold prices...it's not any one person's fault, and it's not the PWI community being particularly greedy, just smart. The sellers want more money, so they bump up prices. If you don't like the price of gold or charms so much right now, don't buy them. As much as I hate to sound like Zoe, saying that everyone should charge cheaper for you is just as greedy as you claim they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    All wines only take 1 wedding wine to make. As for your gold charms, it goes by gold price which changes all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    There's constantly more coins coming into the economy, and not enough coin sinks, so inflation is bound to happen.

There really hasn't been any inflation... despite all the money that has poured into the game economy, prices have been somewhat stable. 298-317k as of this moment. Without pack sales, it's been pretty consistent for the last 6 months or so, despite all the Perfect Tokens of Best Luck introduced into the game from packs.

As for a coin sink, it's called the cash shop. Many people use the cash shop to purchase charms, dolls, etc... those are consumable and disappear.

I can't really explain it, but there really hasn't been any noticeable inflation recently. From the way the gold prices have claimed since this time last year, you'd think we'd be at a normal 600-800k gold price, but we're not. The market is actually stable and predictable.
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    As for a coin sink, it's called the cash shop. Many people use the cash shop to purchase charms, dolls, etc... those are consumable and disappear.

Only the AH tax is the coin sink, which is a tiny amount.

Just because you payed 1m for a gold charm and it was consumed doesn't mean the 1m coin is sunk - simply changed hands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xerafin - Heavens Tear
    Xerafin - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Question is, how, or what to make prices drop down?
    edited April 2010
    axt57 wrote: »
    Only the AH tax is the coin sink, which is a tiny amount.

Just because you payed 1m for a gold charm and it was consumed doesn't mean the 1m coin is sunk - simply changed hands.

Yes, it does.... it must be payed for one way or another. The charm is consumed, PWI takes the money. The gold used for the purchase of the charms does not reappear magically. Sure you can say that the coin ss still floating around somewhere, and it is, but the gold has been consumed, unlike if you were to cash shop a mount, or other non-consumable item and sell it in game. There is still an item in-game that will be around.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    It's 10 tokens=1wedding wine=1 89 wine...
    So 20 tokens per run
    With Sanctuary prices it's around 45-55k per person
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ViAudi - Archosaur
    ViAudi - Archosaur Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Passes out PWI coloring books..
    b:laugh

Ole by the way it cost 2 gold to get the pack of crayons to color it with..
    b:chuckle

Yeah I too have seen a ton of greed.. Me! Im not greedy.. iI just watch out and stay away from peeps that are .. well .. speechless but I stay away from them..

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yes, it does.... it must be payed for one way or another. The charm is consumed, PWI takes the money. The gold used for the purchase of the charms does not reappear magically. Sure you can say that the coin ss still floating around somewhere, and it is, but the gold has been consumed, unlike if you were to cash shop a mount, or other non-consumable item and sell it in game. There is still an item in-game that will be around.

you has failed human economy.
    b:surrenderb:surrender
    note we be talking about keyword: Coinsinks....the coins which came from mobs to be used to buy the charm never disappeared....again just changed hands...or paws.
    b:
    *ninjas ACLucius*
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2010

This is easy. Everyone who buys CS items using in game coin stops buying it altogether. No one buys charms, fashion, mounts, scrolls, etc. People who are selling gold or cash shop items will realize they aren't making any money and will drop their prices until they get a sale.

However, that is the theory. In practice, it is impossible to drop the prices unless someone on each server spends thousands of dollars and starts selling their gold at the targeted price, forcing all other sellers to sell at that price or lower in order to make a profit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • xxunseenspecxx
    xxunseenspecxx Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This is easy. Everyone who buys CS items using in game coin stops buying it altogether. No one buys charms, fashion, mounts, scrolls, etc. People who are selling gold or cash shop items will realize they aren't making any money and will drop their prices until they get a sale.

However, that is the theory. In practice, it is impossible to drop the prices unless someone on each server spends thousands of dollars and starts selling their gold at the targeted price, forcing all other sellers to sell at that price or lower in order to make a profit.

Finally, someone who understand the theoretical way to do this, but also realizes it will never happen. I nominate you as my spokesperson.
    Guild History:
    Unlimited [retired guild]
    Conqueror [retired guild]
    BloodLusT [FAIL OF EPIC PROPORTIONZ/retired guild]
    RageQuit [retired guild]

Current Guild:
    Wouldn't you like to know?

Current Status:
    Been jumping rooftops in ADC for the past year and a half<3
    Actively PvP'ing foramz style b:cute
    edited April 2010
    note we be talking about keyword: Coinsinks....the coins which came from mobs to be used to buy the charm never disappeared....again just changed hands...or paws.
    b:
    *ninjas ACLucius*

Erm, my wording and logic is somewhat flawed and I'm not thinking correctly right now, I admit that much... ;p

I shouldn't post when I have trouble sleeping b:surrender

As for pure coin sink, the gold trader is a coin sink. There is a 2% fee for trading, and in purchasing coin does disappear. I buy charms often, I see that fee dissapear. The gold that I purchase does not recycle into equity that can be bought or sold after the item has been consumed.

However, if PWI is introducing gold into the system at all to stabilize the market in any way, I would be correct. Ok I'll shut up and go to bed now. lol *sigh*
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    edited April 2010
    b:
    *ninjas ACLucius*

The Assassin gets ninjaed by the Cleric? Something is wrong here.... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The Assassin gets ninjaed by the Cleric? Something is wrong here.... b:shocked

Isn't he a hamsta wizard? o_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    edited April 2010
    Isn't he a hamsta wizard? o_O

Yes he is. Thank you for pointing that out. Now, even more of a problem, a Wizard is going ninja on an Assassin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    As for pure coin sink, the gold trader is a coin sink. There is a 2% fee for trading, and in purchasing coin does disappear. I buy charms often, I see that fee dissapear. The gold that I purchase does not recycle into equity that can be bought or sold after the item has been consumed.
    Watching gold sales on AH, the economy seems to clear several hundred to a thousand gold an hour. At 320k gold, that's about 5-6 mil coin per hour being removed from the economy. It seems to me that regular item purchases through AH (5% fee and a lot more volume) would remove a heckuva lot more coin than gold purchases.

I suspect the reason the price of gold hasn't inflated lately has more to do with the 3 mil fee for Lunar and 600k fee for trophy mode. The coral packs also had a much lower rate of yielding best luck tokens than anniv packs, so injected substantially less coin into the economy.
    However, if PWI is introducing gold into the system at all to stabilize the market in any way, I would be correct. Ok I'll shut up and go to bed now. lol *sigh*
    Hmm, that's an interesting theory, and certainly possible. But injecting gold lowers the price of gold, encouraging people to buy gold with coins instead of with their credit card, lowering PWE's profit. Unless gold prices were spiraling out of control (which even during anniv packs they weren't - they were inflating at less than 100k/month), I think it's unlikely they'd do that.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Name one game that doesn't have as much greed in the player base as PWI. I bet you can't. b:shutup
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    solution : do not squad with randoms
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • SinCityChick - Dreamweaver
    SinCityChick - Dreamweaver Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I kinda wanna know where the discussion on charms came from...wasn't this thread about wines? o.O
    For those times when *facepalm* and *headdesk* just aren't enough, I present...*brickhead*...painful, effective, and guaranteed to make you forget why you hit yourself in the first place.

R.I.P.:
    SkyLight (faction)
    Andracil (teh BEST MOD EVER!)
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    All i see is GREED

If you figure out a way to make prices drop let us all in on the secret...

There are other areas besides wine where the pure greed runs rampant... on Raging Tide if you look at skill books in the auction its enough to make anyone sick.

Yes, RT has more demon barbs than sage barbs... but seriously...

When sage barb skill auction for 500k or less, demon or sage for other classes are 1-3million each, (depending on skill) but EVERY SINGLE demon barb book that shows up people want a min of anywhere from 20-25million....

If that aint pure greed, what is?

b:shedtear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ViAudi - Archosaur
    ViAudi - Archosaur Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Passes out the Jumbo PWI Coloring Books with a pack of crayons and a box of Tissue!
    b:victory

Peace..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2010

The gold is removed from the economy yes, but thats not the problem. The problem is too much in-game coin circulating throughout the economy, so everything costs more coins. It is the 1 mil coins which simply exchanged hands and was no "sunk" or removed from the economy. This is what is talked about when people are discussing that our economy in game is over inflated. Coin doesnt have too many sinks, so the more is gathered, the more people have which is simply exchanging hands from 1 palyer to the next and not removed.
  • Black_wolve - Sanctuary
    Black_wolve - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    1 marriage wine to make 1 bh79 wine thats it. 2 marriage wines makes 2 bh79 wines make any sense?.

matchmaker at archo

6 marriage wine's = 1 bh 89 wine

12 marriage wines= 2 bh 89 wines

8 marriage wine's= 1 bh99 wine

16 marriage wines= 2bh99 wines

thats what it say's at matchmaker go check it out.

Now why pay more coin just to make wine that way when it's cheaper just to farm for it?

What i seen is every one wants to make coin sure but thease kids exspect to buy cheap and sell high i feel like im in new york city at the stock market.

In any case question if you buy let's say mats online just to make wine i have had to do this it's hard to farm with a lot of peeps farming in any case lets say u buy 30 mats for 4 or 6 gold now sense the gold is going up and down why is it any differnt to charge more for bh wine they exspect me or other to charge them 40k each for wine split thats what thease 3 kids wanted me to do norm i charge 60k for 79 bh and 70k for bh 89 i can go higher if i wanted sense i had to buy the mats with gold but i dont.

I just dont think and u all can check it out your self at match maker thats what it takes to make wine for the fb or bh thats no joke call it a glitch if u want but it's there.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    1 marriage wine to make 1 bh79 wine thats it. 2 marriage wines makes 2 bh79 wines make any sense?.

matchmaker at archo

6 marriage wine's = 1 bh 89 wine

12 marriage wines= 2 bh 89 wines

8 marriage wine's= 1 bh99 wine

16 marriage wines= 2bh99 wines

thats what it say's at matchmaker go check it out.

Now why pay more coin just to make wine that way when it's cheaper just to farm for it?

What i seen is every one wants to make coin sure but thease kids exspect to buy cheap and sell high i feel like im in new york city at the stock market.

In any case question if you buy let's say mats online just to make wine i have had to do this it's hard to farm with a lot of peeps farming in any case lets say u buy 30 mats for 4 or 6 gold now sense the gold is going up and down why is it any differnt to charge more for bh wine they exspect me or other to charge them 40k each for wine split thats what thease 3 kids wanted me to do norm i charge 60k for 79 bh and 70k for bh 89 i can go higher if i wanted sense i had to buy the mats with gold but i dont.

I just dont think and u all can check it out your self at match maker thats what it takes to make wine for the fb or bh thats no joke call it a glitch if u want but it's there.

So someone wanted you to charge them 40k per person in the BH run and you didn't agree and ditched the squad? How much were you charging?

It's really hard to understand what you're trying to say without punctuations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Stuff

Doesn't matter what the NPC says.
    1 Wedding wine = 1 FB19/29/39/51/59/69/79/89/99 wine.
    Only one I'm not sure about is the 99 one. But I got 2 89 wines for 2 wedding wines.
    So, yeah.
    /thread.

And 50k is the MOST that I'd pay for 79 wine considering tokens are at MOST 15k each, so 2 wines in total cost 300k (300k / 6 = 50k Tadum!)
    And same goes for 89, since I don't care what the Eldest Matchmaker says, the bish still trades 1 wedding wine for 1 BH89 wine. So it's still 300k for 2 BH89 wines, so still at most 50k split per member.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Shiga - Sanctuary
    Shiga - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    So someone wanted you to charge them 40k per person in the BH run and you didn't agree and ditched the squad? How much were you charging?

It's really hard to understand what you're trying to say without punctuations.

Near as I can tell (and I might be off), the OP made wines with gold bought mats, rather than with the cheaper alternative of tokens. The OP wanted them to split what it cost him to make the wine (which is 70k for each player), whereas the the other people in the group only were willing to pay their split of the cheapest way to make wine (40k for each player).

If I am correct than I will have to side with the group in this case, while I feel for you, just because you went with a more expensive route doesn't justify the group in paying more than the server accepted price for the wine.
  • DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver
    DrazoThePsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    6 words....

Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

Lots of players, lots of competitors, lots of ways to compete.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.