Sanctuary Map 100% Red...

1235»

Comments

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You don't need to look it up, I believe you. :P I never said HT was empty. I'm trying to subjectively compare the populations as best I can, one way is to look at the places of highest activity. One being Bounty Hunter (average activity), the other being 1k Streams (high level activity).

I also just looked at the AH:

On LC:
    9 pages of Top Quality TT mats.
    14 pages of Skill Books

Oh HT:
    10 pages of Top Quality TT mats
    19 pages of Skill Books

Oh HL:
    7 pages of Top Quality TT mats
    9 pages of Skil Books

Of course that doesn't mean a whole lot either as that can fluctuate daily, but I'm finding it interesting to look at :P

I'm not sure what other indicators of activity I can find other than having a GM quote actual figures, if you can think of something, I'd be more than happy to look into it lol

you must be one bored follow, you should re-roll Sanc and fill my inventory with 20 rows of uncannies xD
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    1) Lost City had the first 100, 101, 102.

Sanctuary has the 1st 103. I think. Lack of rankings makes that hard to prove but everyone's been asking the question & the 1st tales of a 103 seem to come from Sanctuary. So, Being that HT & LC both have a bunch of 102s, its hard to say this matters.
    2) Lost City had the first 1 faction dominated map.

Let face it, in all out server wars the only way lost city would loose is because of Drama between the top factions.

Gonna have to call this one out as not proving anything. The door can swing both ways. Either;
    (1) HT has MORE competitive players keeping it hard to have them clustered into 1 guild, but rather in 2 or 3. OR
    (2) LC has the best players at least at the very top able to overcome everyone.

Not claiming either one as it'd be hard to prove which is true. Just saying, that statement proves nothing at all.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I mean 1k that had less people you misinterpreted me again.

Thats actually different on HT BH is crammed and west is crammed most of the activity is in Arch. Lost city used to have a bunch of things but since moved to West. 1k used to look like that but since moved to west.

Yah I get where your coming from.

Oh, ok I misread you. And west is crammed on any server... it's when it's so crammed that people move shops OUT of West and overflow to north/south is what I'm looking at... I did go through HT West District to look at the catshops and compare some prices to LC... other than the faction names being different, you really wouldn't be able to tell the difference in activity from the two servers just looking there.

you must be one bored follow, you should re-roll Sanc and fill my inventory with 20 rows of uncannies xD

Partially, but I kept hearing how HT's population is greater than all the other servers combined BS, so I just wanted to check for myself. My conclusion is that HTdoesn't appear to be significantly larger or significantly more active, just from visiting both, I didn't see any real difference except for faction names and the map colors.

Gonna have to call this one out as not proving anything. The door can swing both ways. Either;
    (1) HT has MORE competitive players keeping it hard to have them clustered into 1 guild, but rather in 2 or 3. OR
    (2) LC has the best players at least at the very top able to overcome everyone.

Not claiming either one as it'd be hard to prove which is true. Just saying, that statement proves nothing at all.

As for the levels, LC had the first 102 way before any other server, and during that time he quit for nearly 4 months, otherwise he would have hit 103 before you could count the 102's on one hand... but yeah, that really doesn't matter and proves nothing.

As for there not being many competitive players, the original core of CQ were from another server, so they had a lot more experience and a head start. It's highly unlikely the map will ever be one color again here. There are just too many well geared 10x to fit in one guild and which one of the strongest factions will win in a TW just depends on who makes the least mistakes. It's just brutal charm **** for both sides until someone manages to win.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Okaj, all HT 1st TW guilds had players from MY servers and China. CQ is no different compared to old Radiance for example or TE - Rad had almost all map at 1 point as well.

Yah I cant rly spend 2 hours reading everyones posts as real life calls, however i saw the point and it was about server population and activity, thats the main thing that would make TW more interesting. And after all if Sanc would have more active players 1 guild would never owne the map.

IT IS IMPOSIBLE TO WIN IF YOU HAVE 2 STRONG FACTIONS AT THE SAME TIME ATTACKING THE STRONGEST FACTION ON THE SERVER. This never happened to HT, not coz strongest faction is bad - but because other factions are good/competetive.

Since we dont have GM or Dev talking here with stats I can only state my opinion again, HT is the biggest with most active players especialy 100+ that do TW, as we have 6 TW factions that are on map or trying to get on map constantly - that have 100+ online for TW's, and we have few more factions that bid for fun.
    And we hade 12 Factions and 5 on map at the point CQ owned the map on LC: Rad,Triad,Enrage,Tao,Caesar. All had good 80 etc.
    Imo its a fail when 1 faction is so better than others. Its no success in anything its rly not good for game.

Every TW faction on HT that is on map has about 100-150 100's, and other factions that bid have about 30-50+ 100+'s.

I care about stating my point now that I think it may get too late. Many friends are unhappy or did quit already or would quit because some aspects of the game (like TW as my friends are 100+ mostly) sux or need reset - re-do so we dont quit to other games now that we have rolled 100+'s.

And I can not believe that Pvp server can be infront of Pve server Gear and Level wise, also COIN wise - where as players on Pve servers can go blue and do what they need to do or want to do freely with no need to think about pvping while: farming mats, aoe grinding, wq, legion events, or just helping friends kill some mobs etc.
    Everyone remembers Blessing, she was top level on all servers for about 1 year since servers opened and she manage to do that by grinding on Air mobs and spiders while no one was pking her.

I mean.. few times some mates told me --- that are on HT -swiched from LC --- that they have to make breaks in instances they are doing to go help in pk sometimes for hours where as they could have finished the FF or TT. IMO thats the same in all pvp games/servers, thats why many dont go pvp, they want more stuff done more money made and less stress hunting and killing red skulls. Get my point?
    b:bye
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    CQ =/= Nef
    why keep compare 2 different guilds on 2 different servers.
    +CQ has owned the map WAY before all other servers did.

/endthread
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It's because of PKing that PvP servers would be ahead in gear and levels. On a PvP server you need that extra advantage a lot more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited March 2010
    stuff

Yes, your dad will beat up my dad. That's all I really get from your posts. b:bye
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It's because of PKing that PvP servers would be ahead in gear and levels. On a PvP server you need that extra advantage a lot more.

b:shutup then why are you guys keep comparing..
    yes the map is red but it's not CQ
    yes you and your guild have owned the map but again you're not CQ
    and of course PvP server =/= PvE server.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    1: Nef can't be taken down with that much money. They get 560million coin per week. No chance of anyone winning.
    2: This is why I basically left Sanc :D
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Lost City has tiers of guilds basically, and all can fill out a complete war. Three top tier guilds where most of the 100's want to go because they can get parties easier for level 100 activities. Then there's a good 4 or 5 second tier TW guilds that all compete well against each other in TW and they are mostly 80~99.

I don't care who has more population, but Lost City has plenty of action and I hope they never open more PvP servers. All the PvE servers will cause its own doom.

I did giggle at the screen shot at 1k for HT, my only question is were they taken at approximately the same time of the day? To the person who said people are trying to burn off red hours, I only see two cat shop with a red name. Look before you speak...?
  • Kinrest - Sanctuary
    Kinrest - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm offline for a few of days and THIS is what happens?! Are you joking?! I think this is disgusting. I've always been pissed off with Nef and the stories I hear(maybe they're just stories, but some of them seem pretty concrete), and this breaks my last straw. I seriously hope that the GMs reset the map. Or give them like a month or two for them to lose a couple territories. If they don't then reset the map. It's hardly fair for any fac to win this.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm offline for a few of days and THIS is what happens?! Are you joking?! I think this is disgusting. I've always been pissed off with Nef and the stories I hear(maybe they're just stories, but some of them seem pretty concrete), and this breaks my last straw. I seriously hope that the GMs reset the map. Or give them like a month or two for them to lose a couple territories. If they don't then reset the map. It's hardly fair for any fac to win this.

May I ask why you are so angry with Nefarious?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited March 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E29iOPSxF94 ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yes, your dad will beat up my dad. That's all I really get from your posts. b:bye

Wata..? I am not a kid..

And what I read in your post is biased view on TW map reset and server mergers coz seems your guild has some decent amount of land or something IMO.
    And you hope that it will never change and you can stay happy way it is i gues.
    I seen how it is in bigger and smaller guild and i still aint biased I just want more fun for everyone.

Map Reset would be a must if they dont wanna improve TW system. And if they do improve the reset would be a must anyway. And they should do it every 6 months or so, maybe give some extra coins to guilds that were about to lose land due to reset but ya.. well you get the point.

I may be wrong but I hope most players want the same.
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • BiNinjak - Sanctuary
    BiNinjak - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I solved all, go read my suggestion http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=677132
    edited March 2010
    I did giggle at the screen shot at 1k for HT, my only question is were they taken at approximately the same time of the day?

With the exception of the BH spot which was about 20 minutes apart, they were taken within 5 minutes of each other. They're both West Coast servers, and even though there is an international audience, the levels of activity should be somewhat similar. Yeah, I did lol at what 1k looked like on that server.

BTW, grats on 8jun if it wasn't a troll. b:surrender
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I wish a server merge would be possible or I could move my char on Lc (both won't be possible). Week after week I do my 1-2 TWs against the big red faction what despite good preparation and 2 more or less even groups of 80 doesn't bring any significant change concerning the entertainement pw may provide. Assuming to be member of the big ruling party the challenge would be even less since the odds are in favour of the "big red". This shall not diminish the effort that was being done to achieve the results of taking the land for the red (-s). But if players initiate themselves a reorganisation of factions (and balance of power) like it happened on Lc then at least this could make pwi reconsider that there should be some change that incorporates the effort of all sides. The goal after all is to have fun b:cute
  • goseri
    goseri Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    "Nefarious finally took the whole Sanctuary map"

OMFG, the red won.... I can't believe it!!! It was sooooooo hard to predict with this dumb mechanic oO

Now i hope nef members are going to thanks the noob dev who designed TW and Regicide for their precious help!
  • Gwtvix - Sanctuary
    Gwtvix - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If they don't then reset the map. It's hardly fair for any fac to win this.

Reset won't fix this. It starts teh process over so the richest faction gets to take it all over again. The system has to be fixed, preferably in a way that doesn't unfairly **** nefarious over for what they've been able to accomplish.

Kudos to Nef for being able to do this.

Shame on PW for making it so Nef was able to do this.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=674712
  • Aureliya - Lost City
    Aureliya - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    CQ did it first IJS.
  • Cauni - Sanctuary
    Cauni - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Personally I don't see problem of this. No faction can hold so huge territories for long time. Everything is just question of timing. When another factions attack in same time on different territories They don't have chance to win on all attacked lands.
    Max players in TW is 80. So they cannot defend more than 3 territories in same time with full power.

Sorry i didn't read all the posts... too much b:chuckle
    But about this... actually the only faction that can have a fight against Nef is Regicide, the other factions can hold a "battle" for less than 10 mins, so the most part of map will be red for a loooooong time.

b:bye

EDIT: btw, NO to reset map, it ill be boring, if the other factions want a territory fight for it against Nef ;)
    well u guys must learn strategy, be organized faction(that means NO GREEDY PEOPLE),etc etc... and spend a lot of money in cash shop...