Sanctuary Map 100% Red...

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Was the only disagreement i had with your post, most small factions get ganked every week by every faction imaginable because its the only faction they can attack without trying to team up with 2 other factions.

And about the whole 3 faction team up...most of the serious TW factions ive met have this god complex and refuse to team up with anyone (or are complete asses about it) because they want to solo calamity or some egotistical BS like that.

As I said, I've never personally TW'd nor been in a faction that does so, my post there was all opinion - things that I had concluded based on my very minimal watching of the TW map.

I could very well be wrong about that.

However I'm still under the impression that TW pay and the amount of it that goes towards charms and other such necessity costs is proportional to the amount of land a faction owns. I may be mistaken about this as well, but hey. =3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GiaWolf - Sanctuary
    GiaWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    and just for those super special QQers

full map = 3-4m pay or so

tw cost:

2-3 gold hp charms
    50+ white tea
    2k+ attack charms
    100 crab meat minimum

assuming people TT during the week for gear, and not farm mindlessly

2-3 gold hp charms = 2.6-3.9m with current prices
    50-100 (usually) white tea = 1m or so
    attack charms would = 400k maybe, since you can get perf chi from oht decomp
    100+ crab meat = 200k about there

gosh my math must be really bad, that makes it look like b:shocked no way! money lost from tw!? but thats impossibleb:sad! since everyone thinks owning the map makes you like 10m a week it must be true!?
    OMGWTFHAX
  • DTK - Dreamweaver
    DTK - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    then how does 99% of cala have +5 (or higher) gear? I know several who only use ingame coin

+5 only costs around 200-300k if you're smart with your refining. 200k-300k is easily farmed from a TT which at higher lvls is really fast. Just yesterday i got 1m from soling 1-3 squad mode. 95% of my income is from farming TTs, 4.9% from merchanting, and 0.1 from TW pay. TW pay pretty much just covers the charm cost and apoc/pots.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    hmmmm

5 vs 1

5*80 vs 200 (assuming everyone in fac is online and ready to tw)

400 vs 200

any semi-serious tw fac can get 80 people online to fight. 5 attacking at once would ruin tw for any faction with land, no matter how much they own.

tw is already 240 vs 200, if you can't beat a faction with those odds keep trying. And btw for those who QQ tw pay goes into charms for next weeks tw, not armor/etc.
    It wouldn't ruin the TW. This scenario couldn't happen. Because no faction could own all territories. They could own just as much they could handle, but NEVER ALL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    tbh if it was a fixed number TW would be mindless, what would stop a faction from quenching another by attacking all the land they own at once? hence why we need % values, which is in the suggestion that i made in general discusion b:victory
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    and just for those super special QQers

tw cost:

2-3 gold hp charms
    50+ white tea
    2k+ attack charms
    100 crab meat minimum

assuming people TT during the week for gear, and not farm mindlessly

2-3 gold hp charms = 2.6-3.9m with current prices
    50-100 (usually) white tea = 1m or so
    attack charms would = 400k maybe, since you can get perf chi from oht decomp
    100+ crab meat = 200k about there

gosh my math must be really bad, that makes it look like b:shocked no way! money lost from tw!? but thats impossibleb:sad! since everyone thinks owning the map makes you like 10m a week it must be true!?
    OMGWTFHAX
    you're making assumptions, not relying on facts.

just for the record, I have a plat hp charm from 3 weeks ago still. a charm a week tops for tw (2 if hp/mp)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2010

tw cost:

2-3 gold hp charms
    50+ white tea
    2k+ attack charms
    100 crab meat minimum

Only trouble with that maths it assumes long Tw's and not 10 minute rolls.. Some weeks yes you might lose money but Im sure there are plenty of weeks you make a profit.
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    as much as they are being sarcastic about it I have to agree with the people who say TW profit isnt that much...assuming the numbers for a full map is right (3-4million) and only 100 people TW (just for a pretty number, im sure more show up), thats just 300-400k per person, you can make more than that farming mats for a day.

And this taking out any costs for anything TW related, because to be honest a 2 mintute TW doesnt exactly scream charm cost to me.
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • GiaWolf - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    you're making assumptions, not relying on facts.

just for the record, I have a plat hp charm from 3 weeks ago still. a charm a week tops for tw (2 if hp/mp)

facts: experience
    and this is from a bms viewpoint
    Only trouble with that maths it assumes long Tw's and not 10 minute rolls.. Some weeks yes you might lose money but Im sure there are plenty of weeks you make a profit.

regicide is hardly ever a 10minute roll unless a mistake is made
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2010

I was talking about TW in general not just Sanc map
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    facts: experience
    and this is from a bms viewpoint

Bms/Barbs will always use lots of charm whereas casters don't waste too much. People are still either breaking even or gaining from pay.
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • GiaWolf - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    actually, bms and barbs tend to lose, idk about other classes

plus, my point is people have this odd idea in their head that you join the best tw faction to make tons of money off tw, reality is (like you said) you lose, break even, or gain a couple hundred k.

btw so, assuming I make lets say 200k from tw one weekend, I could just solo a TT and make 1m in an hour.
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    then how does 99% of cala have +5 (or higher) gear? I know several who only use ingame coin

99% i dont think so :(

i wish 99% of us had +5 + gears
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    actually, bms and barbs tend to lose, idk about other classes

plus, my point is people have this odd idea in their head that you join the best tw faction to make tons of money off tw, reality is (like you said) you lose, break even, or gain a couple hundred k.

btw so, assuming I make lets say 200k from tw one weekend, I could just solo a TT and make 1m in an hour.

I'm sure casters will never lose/break even, my costs from TW is minimum as a wizard, 150k off charm and a couple apoths, HP/MP food doesn't account from me since I still have a few thousand stashed from events way long ago. Just sucks to be a BM/Barb. Even so, as a caster, you can make probably ~2.5mil profit + spending your hour in TT is another mil. Everything adds up.
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm sure casters will never lose/break even, my costs from TW is minimum as a wizard, 150k off charm and a couple apoths, HP/MP food doesn't account from me since I still have a few thousand stashed from events way long ago. Just sucks to be a BM/Barb. Even so, as a caster, you can make probably ~2.5mil profit + spending your hour in TT is another mil. Everything adds up.

As a caster you will get just junk form TT. I stopped do TT because of this.
    What is nice profit it nirvana now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    99% i dont think so :(

i wish 99% of us had +5 + gears
    ok, so I find the higher class.. lol
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Farm herbs, mats, TT.... sell, buy gold through gold trader, purchase tishas... mirages. I know several people who have +7'd multiple pieces of gear without orbs. It can be done, with some patience, time and luck.

And about the whole 3 faction team up...most of the serious TW factions ive met have this god complex and refuse to team up with anyone (or are complete asses about it) because they want to solo calamity or some egotistical BS like that.

That's the real reason why there isn't any more competition on the map.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Update, no longer Red on sanctuary. Regicide won his attack.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    for the most part caster/archers dont use up alot of charm unless they have alot of HP
    More HP = more survivability = more charm ticks essentially
    Kind of why BMs and barbs tend to spend more, they usually have the most HP.minus cata barbs because they are primary target.
  • _JAKE_ - Sanctuary
    _JAKE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    GaiWolf this is dircted to you. You are right that even owning all the land, you may lose $ in TW some weeks whenthere are 3 hour TWs. Buton an average week you will gain. Not to mention Regicide (My Faction) gets 0 pay. And we put out nearly as much $ into TW costs. Meaning we always lose a lot of $ wich means our gear will always be under par. I highly doubt that the TW map can change much wthout a change made by GMs.

Side note: We took a land back in a 12 minute TW. ;) Nef owned the whole map for 3 hours :D
    Hahaha.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anything important enough to find, isn't worth losing..
  • meetjazz
    meetjazz Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    PWI have the most terrible TW system from all mmorpgs what i had see. For the most people, town wars basiclly dosn't exist. This game would be way way more funny for (all) people if the maps would be reseted each month or two. I remember by Rohan it was reseted even each week, way more funny as this. PW managment know how to entertain people, but PWI Town war system it's just ridiculous.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    After taking the whole map, Conqueror disbanded and the people went to different smaller factions. Now the map is colorful, at least for some time.

And Heartie: Oh please God, no. b:surrender
    Nefarious will never disband though like aht CQ did.I was on today and never took to notice.Grats to Nef to be the second faction to take a server map.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    How many members do they have? 150? 180? Even if they own all territories, their pay-off is worse than even toilet cleaners. Total income 560m/weak, assuming distribute that evenly 560/180=3.1m per person. Those who went to TW may earn more but they also paid for their charms. With the current skyrocket charm price, sometimes they are even worse off. I doubt those rich Nef like Templar, BP, Skylead and many more rely on TW incomes to get those super gears. Only two paths I can think of-- a) real $, b) Merchanting.
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Some facts about TW...

1) The pay is not that good depending on how your faction splits

2) TW reset will not likely happen

3) Leaving 1 land open will bypass a TW reset if it does exist (which it doesn't by a normal game engine means)

4) TW Length will increase the amount of items used

5) Let's be honest, TTing gives more money than TW.

Some things smaller factions need to understand...

1) Large TW factions are more experienced, of course you'll probably get steam rolled.

2) Don't expect high levels to join, you probably cannot help them in anyway and they will leave at a certain point in time.

3) You need LOYAL and ACTIVE people to TW.

4) Not all TW people are jerks that only cash shop (only most are b:chuckle).

TW's a choice, don't get dragged into the drama if you don't plan to TW.
  • Wizzeled - Sanctuary
    Wizzeled - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    this_is_sparta_06.jpg

eaf96e3242bfaa02573949a6ced1f349.gif
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Nefarious finally took the whole Sanctuary map. I wonder if the GMs will reset it?
    NefSucks-1.jpg

This really brings back old memories when our map was blood read. b:laugh

Good times..

This makes me wonder what they are going to do with the map.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    this_is_sparta_06.jpg
    I think I love you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    CQ disbanded and gave map back since many came from My-en server and knew how much it sucks when 1 faction dominates everything from world-pvp to TW and even HH/mats market and GMs. How it totally kills the fun playing the game if there isn't any fair competition between several strong factions at all.

How ever i dont know if the core players in Nef on Sanctuary has the same history. Im guessing they didn't play MY-EN before they came here so they dont really know what its like being on the weaker side.

I wont judge them at all if they decide to hog the map for themselves tho. Its not their responsibly to make TW competitive, fun and active again. They won and defended their land fair and square b/c other factions on Sanctuary apparently aren't very good.

In their defense it is kinda hard tho to take down the strongest faction on a server, even if you double and triple attack since most other guilds will lack members that actually can compete.

Once 1 faction gets more land than the others they also start getting more and more active members, just the way it works since people are lazy and rather join strong guild than making one themselves.

Than the dominating faction gets even more land and they can pay more salary than the other factions and they get even more active members... On top of that they can offer free guild teleport, amazing pvp-pots and a very active guild. They can even be picky now and only take the really well-geared recruits that makes a different in TW.

While the opposing factions really dont have anything fancy to offer besides a guild chatt where you hate on the blood red map. They might even have to shout for members in WC and invite baddies with +2 gear that gets 1 shoot in TW.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Disable TW, Solve all current TW drama. PROFIT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    By now, who really cares if a map is dominated by 1 faction anymore ?

1. Most players in domination factions are cashshoppers. It's not a rumour, it's a fact.

2. Most high lvls jump over to the dominating factions because they want to be on the winning side.

3. Some factions "buy" high lvl players from other factions, thus keeping those other ones weak and no competition at all.

4. As long as a domination faction keeps most of the map, they don't lose anything in TW. In fact, they gain cash. Don't get fooled by the bullcrap of "charm" costs.

5. Since "most" TW's are over in less then 10 minutes, the "costs" for a TW are negligable. And most high levels , if not all, are always charmed.

My true wish is that NO faction would attack ANY dominating faction that holds all or 90+% of the map. When no one attacks them, there is no TW. When there's no TW, there's NO fun for them in that part of the game.

If you can't beat em, bore them to death. And on a pve server they can't do anything about it. No pvp, no TW....sucks to be on top then, lol.