The ONLY pets a VENO NEEDS.

SupaRoyalty - Lost City
SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Venomancer
Seems like people are still confused....

Land: Before you get a herc:
- Glacial walker (666 170) ~ Level 19

Air: Before you get a nix:
- Petite Sawfly (382 331) ~Level 8

Water: Just use any water pet near your level till you get to level 80. Than get the Celestial Plumpfish (627 586).

For luring bosses:
- Eldergoth Marksman (422 755) ~ Level 41

For DPS:
- Dark Wanderer (691 266) ~ Level 19

*Until you get a herc it will be very hard to solo any bosses unless you are fighting a high magic attack boss and have a pet with high magic defense (froggy/antelope pup)*
Post edited by SupaRoyalty - Lost City on

Comments

• Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Soo dumb every other pets than above and use only "best" pets?>_> The best is not always the funnest.. I prefer my Tabby more than herc.
    ^But these are my opinions so..
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Soo dumb every other pets than above and use only "best" pets?>_> The best is not always the funnest.. I prefer my Tabby more than herc.

Uh ... read the title of the thread. These are the only one's venos need to get started. Any other pet isn't going to be as efficient as these are.
  • Jandira - Sanctuary
    Jandira - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm loving the new skates from the Tide area. Can't remember the full name, Cloudchase Skate maybe? I pimped it out w/ all 4 attack skills and that baby is MEAN! Now, my veno's still kinda low and haven't PVP'd with her, but in public quest I can pull the elite mobs off nearly anyone or anything attacking it. Which can be bad cuz if I'm not paying attention then he dies... oops.

Never used a sawfly, but don't see the need to try one cuz I love my skate!

Seriously, try one. b:bye
  • BattleFairy - Lost City
    BattleFairy - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2010

come on now.

herc

nix

end.
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I'm loving the new skates from the Tide area. Can't remember the full name, Cloudchase Skate maybe? I pimped it out w/ all 4 attack skills and that baby is MEAN! Now, my veno's still kinda low and haven't PVP'd with her, but in public quest I can pull the elite mobs off nearly anyone or anything attacking it. Which can be bad cuz if I'm not paying attention then he dies... oops.

Never used a sawfly, but don't see the need to try one cuz I love my skate!

Seriously, try one. b:bye

Lol, my veno has one of those! I love it for two reasons: high attack, and it's pretty! b:cute

Petite sawfly's probably good, but there are definitely other options! ^^
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    use whatever you want, down with the elitism.

*coughiownahercmagsawplumpcough*
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Mitties - Dreamweaver
    Mitties - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    come on now.

herc

nix

end.

troll.

end.
    [Insert pithy quote here.]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    No pets are needed.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • BattleFairy - Lost City
    BattleFairy - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    troll.

end.

lvl 40

end.
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Water: Just use any water pet near your level till you get to level 80. Than get the Celestial Plumpfish (627 586).

For luring bosses:

*Until you get a herc it will be very hard to solo any bosses unless you are fighting a high magic attack boss and have a pet with high magic defense (froggy/antelope pup)*

Ok the ONLY pets a veno ever needs are the one who he/she likes best/fits with his/her playstyle.
    Now i would say FAILmoar but i won't.
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i prefer piggy over both petite and skatefish and cub over glacial walker. i never even had walker or sawly so can't really say that venos NEED them.
  • Baruna - Lost City
    Baruna - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    If you haven't used long enough all of those pets, you can't say which is the best. In the end it's personal preference still.
  • Araya_Souren - Sanctuary
    Araya_Souren - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    i prefer piggy over both petite and skatefish and cub over glacial walker. i never even had walker or sawly so can't really say that venos NEED them.

the only flying pet i ever really liked is the piggy and i had to sell mine cause i needed money and it was way under my level
    seriously after having it i can't stand any other air pet...
    i wish the game had more air pets
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    glacial walker might has the best stats after herc to be a tank. But what pets you need is all to your own playstyle.
    I don't like watching a giant slow rock. I don't like it I can't click anything when having it out, so I don't have one >_>
    I started of with an adalwolf and it's still my ' omg everything died, u gotta save my ****!' pet. ^^
    my froggy is my tank and my kwonlin is there to lure things and kill things quickly.
    air pet... ah well. I hate those! I'm too lazy to lvl them so I just tame anything in my lvl range.
    waterpets? I dont do waterpets b:scorn
    they take up space and for now I don't really need one. b:cool
    I play my own style.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Mitties - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    First off, http://api.ning.com/files/BlNqw1RDnxYYzBT0r0tk54RkjWepgAqnoFBsobR7Syey0BKzGCMPs3mxWl8IOWy2RsWXeEG7CYX7kSd6iGxgm*9qhZSI7IeB/Failboat.jpg

Now, let me just say here what I use, and works for me. I use the Glacial Walker for a main battle pet, yes. But I also use a Snow Hare to lure, and you can't tell me it doesn't work well. I'm considering a Seamonster Guardian for my main 'DPS vs bosses' pet, but I'm more likely to get a Lunar Lupin (Level 5 Howl = WIN). I'm also seriously considering getting a Shadou Cub, just because it's cute. So there's no reason a veno can't use whatever pet she likes best.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited March 2010

For luring bosses:

i agree with everything except the luring pet, i personally use a Kowlin for luring. also is there any way to get a air pet lved fast? (becides the tideborn area, which is still good, i'm not complaining ^^)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
    edited March 2010
    Kowlin is not the best Luring pet!

Seems this thread is attracting more venos that want "cute" pets rather than "useful". Any pet besides the ones I listed won't be as useful as the ones I listed. End of debate :D

b:bye

@tweaks.. you're right :D

Is this thread entitled which is the funnest best?
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Kowlin is not the best Luring pet!

Seems this thread is attracting more venos that want "cute" pets rather than "useful". Any pet besides the ones I listed won't be as useful as the ones I listed. End of debate :D

b:bye

@tweaks.. you're right :D
    I never said that it was the "Best" and i dont think its cute, it moves 10m/s and it looks "cool" (i say that cuz i'm a guy) also whats your opinion on whats "useful"? Because it seems this thread is gas waiting for a spark. Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    edited March 2010
    I never said that it was the "Best" and i dont think its cute, it moves 10m/s and it looks "cool" (i say that cuz i'm a guy) also whats your opinion on whats "useful"? Because it seems this thread is gas waiting for a spark. Lol.

I've read countless threads.. just trying to sum things up for people. Useful as in Best land(tank)/air/water/luring.
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    I've read countless threads.. just trying to sum things up for people. Useful as in Best land(tank)/air/water/luring.
    I agree, and i'm just saying that veno's can use any pets that they choose. I personally use a glacial for tanking, and i have a plumpfish and a sawfly. I just dont like the marksman, he looks ugly XD and my kowlin gets the job done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    edited March 2010
    I agree, and i'm just saying that veno's can use any pets that they choose. I personally use a glacial for tanking, and i have a plumpfish and a sawfly. I just dont like the marksman, he looks ugly XD and my kowlin gets the job done.

Lol, my veno has one of those! I love it for two reasons: high attack, and it's pretty! b:cute

Petite sawfly's probably good, but there are definitely other options! ^^

Well yeah... I'm not saying there isn't other options. I'm just saying these are the best available for what they're meant to do. Some would rather have the best option available rather than the cutest or coolest "lookin". b:victory
  • Little___Fox - Heavens Tear
    Little___Fox - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    What i did to lvl my nix was with the mobs from wedding quest they r easy to kill and they give to a loyal pet 15exp
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Where are those mobs? are they 1-shotable?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
  • Mitties - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    I would just like to interject that any pet can be the "best" if you know what you're doing. A top-tier pet is useful, but it's not necessary. =3
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    I would just like to interject that any pet can be the "best" if you know what you're doing. A top-tier pet is useful, but it's not necessary. =3
    I totally agree with this statment, its not the pet (usually) its about how the veno uses the pet. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    edited March 2010
    I totally agree with this statment, its not the pet (usually) its about how the veno uses the pet. XD

I totally agree. But then again this thread isn't about how venos use their pets. It's assuming the veno know's how to play their character 100%. If that is so, then the stats on pets is the only thing that matters, and these have the best stats.
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    ranged pet > kowlin in luring.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The only time ranged luring failed me was with Farren's guard. Seem to work better simply using Bash on those. Also good for ranged tanking vs weaker magic attack boss or staying out of long range aoe. Or if the boss got a very short range aoe, can be used to DD there without having to heal.

Glacial walker, my general tanking pet, nothing much to say outside of the fact that I don't like grinding with it.

Sawfly, decent air pet, still have it's orginal skill lv too. Not at lv homever since I'm lazy about it.

Still have my lv57 everlasting tortoise in my pet bag. As it's random use, like in FB69 for DDing on one of the mini-boss, as well as tanking normal mob at my lv(very slow killing...). Gonna switch that one when I'm 80.

5th slot is used by my favorite, the seamonster guardian. Great DD, good mdef, I use him for grinding and when not tanking boss without aoe or with a magic aoe. Also teached it a howl scroll I found for cheap, it's only 20% at lv1, but it's still that of gained.
  • GrapeDrink - Harshlands
    GrapeDrink - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Is the Dark Wanderer now the best DD pet? I see people using that

I've got a lvl 50 Scorpion from wayy before, would it be worth it to switch?
  • papabear52
    papabear52 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yes this is all good, but what about Veno's that can't afford herc's and nic's. which pets are the best?