The ONLY pets a VENO NEEDS.

Comments

• SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    papabear52 wrote: »
    Yes this is all good, but what about Veno's that can't afford herc's and nic's. which pets are the best?

Did you read my first post?
    edited March 2010
    Is the Dark Wanderer now the best DD pet? I see people using that

I've got a lvl 50 Scorpion from wayy before, would it be worth it to switch?

DD pets are really only useful in squads against [?] mobs. ---edits out my comment LOL----
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    DD pets are really only useful in squads. but really... I wouldn't say they're worth it. I'd rather have my pet stay alive then having to worry about it DDing. The best DD for me is to have a tanking pet that is better at staying alive while i amp / ironwood / give sparks / do dmg. Then I don't have to worry about healing it that often.

We're given an major advantage on [?] mobs and bosses because of reduced damage on all but pets. We also pay a lot of coin for a little difference in weapon dmg when it only counts for a small portion of our actual atk. We can make a huge difference in how long it takes a squad to get through something partly by capitalizing on this.

Some numbers to consider (Lvl 100):

Dark Wanderer: Atk-3342 Atk/s-.8 DPS-2674 w/claw-3476.72
    Vericose Scorpion: Atk-4008 Atk/s-.6 DPS-2404.8 w/claw-3126.24
    Baby Hercules: Atk-3210 Atk/s-.8 DPS-2568 w/claw-3338.4

Now consider that putting Claw on a Herc wouldn't be wise because it's more of a tank pet than a DD pet. A DW or Scorpion with claw is going to way out DD a Hercules w/o. A Scorpion doesn't tend to be a great grind pet, but a Dark Wanderer can be great on melee mobs. The differences in DD on these pets is going to be amplified by Amp, Ironwood, Extreme Poison, etc.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited March 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    We're given an major advantage on [?] mobs and bosses because of reduced damage on all but pets. We also pay a lot of coin for a little difference in weapon dmg when it only counts for a small portion of our actual atk. We can make a huge difference in how long it takes a squad to get through something partly by capitalizing on this.

Now consider that putting Claw on a Herc wouldn't be wise because it's more of a tank pet than a DD pet. A DW or Scorpion with claw is going to way out DD a Hercules w/o. A Scorpion doesn't tend to be a great grind pet, but a Dark Wanderer can be great on melee mobs. The differences in DD on these pets is going to be amplified by Amp, Ironwood, Extreme Poison, etc.

Ahh nice. I didn't realize it had that much dps. Wouldn't it steal aggro easily though? So is the dark wanderer the highest dps pet now?
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    as melee dps yea but i think scorpion with skills will do more than dark with skills because of the higher physical atk while dark has better atk speed and less p.atk
  • tweakz
    edited March 2010
    kenlee wrote: »
    as melee dps yea but i think scorpion with skills will do more than dark with skills because of the higher physical atk while dark has better atk speed and less p.atk

Right: The Dark Wanderer is more ideal for times you don't want it to take aggro, but also more suitable for tanking Stygean (because of pdef). The skills take the same amount of time to channel/cast regardless of pet. Dps could actually be hindered by skills on a faster hitting pet so that will make a difference as well. My Scorpion can tank most of the bosses in FF. Haven't tried DW there.
  • /
gellus - Heavens Tear12
    / gellus - Heavens Tear12 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Your playstyle could be different than everyone else's.

I had a v.magmite until level 64 (Is when I got my herc yeh).
    I had a windwalking piggy until 75. (Nix then)

Luring, I like mah cactopod (Lovingly named CactaPWN b:laugh ). Though sometimes I'll just lure with herc.

-shrug-
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I love my wolfb:victory

I'm planning endgame skills as: flesh ream / bloodhunger / pounce / claw

btw does anyone have bloodhunger? is it really better than bloodthirst?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The only downside to some of these pets like sawfly is that you have to upgrade it skills mostly bash.I got bug as well but not sawfly as lvl 32 with a lvl 2 or 3 bash.I wouldn't say a sawfly is the best even skatefish or what it is called.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Aliella - Harshlands
    Aliella - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    okay first off FAIL THREAD!
    you cant tell people that those pets are the ONLY ones you should use, personally i hate the **** huge magmites/walkers i cant see the bosses when i use them and the shadou is so much smaller and is as much affective as both of those. personally i use my piggy as my air pet because it suits ME the best and its cute.....but thats beside the point, i dont like have a bug following me -.-" for luring i use my kowlin because its fast,has pretty good stats and my friends sometimes complain about veno luring being slow. you shouldnt post things like this its like you posted this as flame bait. b:surrender

b:bye okay im done
    edited April 2010
    okay first off FAIL THREAD!
    you cant tell people that those pets are the ONLY ones you should use, personally i hate the **** huge magmites/walkers i cant see the bosses when i use them and the shadou is so much smaller and is as much affective as both of those. personally i use my piggy as my air pet because it suits ME the best and its cute.....but thats beside the point, i dont like have a bug following me -.-" for luring i use my kowlin because its fast,has pretty good stats and my friends sometimes complain about veno luring being slow. you shouldnt post things like this its like you posted this as flame bait. b:surrender

b:bye okay im done

I'm not telling anyone anything. I've giving the best pets for the job. If they're ugly that's your problem not mine.
  • XeLea - Lost City
    XeLea - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    lvl 40

end.

RAWR b:angry

END
  • rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    with skills, the scorp is better than the wanderer,...
  • longerradiskull
    longerradiskull Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    but u know Aleille>.> Not all venos r so rich to buy kowiln and its hard to find him and tame, so i think Marksman is the bestest choice. Well u can tame firefox on lvl 85 as well.

BTW sorry for my english.
  • XxTerraxX - Raging Tide
    XxTerraxX - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I will get a herc and phoenix ONE DAY, but until I do it's

Magmite
    Foxwing
    Turtle

for me. I don't bother with anything else. btw my air pet is a decent lure pet since I added new abilities to it.
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I will get a herc and phoenix ONE DAY, but until I do it's

Magmite
    Foxwing
    Turtle

for me. I don't bother with anything else. btw my air pet is a decent lure pet since I added new abilities to it.

I rarely have to lure thing on the world map, maybe some quest mini-boss like that lv69 tresure hunt quest. Otherwise...tell me that new abilities you added to your foxwing to be able to be used in dungeon? b:chuckle
    edited April 2010
    note: this thread should be entitled "The best pets in terms of stats" b:thanks
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I have only two pets
    Nix and herc
    They do everything I want just fine
    I have no regrets
    Time and money are best spent elsewhere
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    axt57 wrote: »
    I have only two pets
    Nix and herc
    They do everything I want just fine
    I have no regrets
    Time and money are best spent elsewhere

hence my post above yours lol.
  • Aliella - Harshlands
    Aliella - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    b:surrender im not rich either i camped the kowlin and tamed it, i never buy my pets unless im trying to get the herc or nix. but all my pets were tamed by myself no money spent on them. but wasted my time...........
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well..you don't need a good pet for be pro player, just tame a shiit and use it LOL nobody care what fooking pet ya have.

all pets i sued:

1-15 that little blue wolf shiit.
    15-19 mink O_O
    19-42 brown wolf from fb19.
    42-59 Kitty - Plumedrop. ^.^ i still like kittys they are so sweeet <3
    60-86+ <_< my Kowlin still luv it. use him alot in tts..do alot dg ~~ since pets do 100% dg on tt bosses, players only do 25%
    80+ Now i use armored bear,Sawfly - he got lvl 5 bleed/bash/pince/slow ~ will get him claw!
    I saving up for herc O_O only got 1k sof after sold tt90 boots xD

i don't lvl fast bc spend most time in tt2-2 ,tt3-1 ,tt3-2.

blabla-.- i just use that i like and don't care if ppl don't like them..BUT I DO!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • jokerpt
    jokerpt Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010

what about the seamonster? how much DPS does it have?
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Necro much, but I just read a post that made my eyes bleed and fall out and I'm not talking about the post above me.
  • Stxchup - Harshlands
    Stxchup - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    So, what u guys r saying is that the Dark wonderer doesnt take much agro? And here i am to use it to kill mobs, because im tired of taking agro from my GW... hes lvl 58, and i still take agro... it anoyed me... But im saving up for a Herc!!!!b:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"- Gen. Emiliano Zapata. " We dont have a beginning. We dont have an end. WE ARE INFINITE" - Sovereign. "Peace. Trough. Power." - Kane
  • tweakz
    edited July 2010
    Unintentionally stealing aggro from pet is entirely the veno's fault: not the pet's. -Take that from a pure mag 101 veno with a +10 Lv. 99 weapon normally using -48%ch. If you can't learn some simple stuff about aggro playing a Veno: you're likely to flunk as another DD as well.

Consider mobs pdef to mdef. Melee or no when comes to reflect? Wood or Earth? Kill before reaches you? Using applied pet skills even if they do no direct dmg?
  • Stxchup - Harshlands
    Stxchup - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If you can't learn some simple stuff about aggro playing a Veno: you're likely to flunk as another DD as well. ?

Oh... I get agro even when i dont att.... they just ignore my pet, and come after me..... Then tell me.. how do u play ur Veno?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"- Gen. Emiliano Zapata. " We dont have a beginning. We dont have an end. WE ARE INFINITE" - Sovereign. "Peace. Trough. Power." - Kane
  • Miseree - Archosaur
    Miseree - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Seems like people are still confused....

Land: Before you get a herc:
    - Glacial walker (666 170) ~ Level 19

Air: Before you get a nix:
    - Petite Sawfly (382 331) ~Level 8

Water: Just use any water pet near your level till you get to level 80. Than get the Celestial Plumpfish (627 586).

For luring bosses:
    - Eldergoth Marksman (422 755) ~ Level 41

For DPS:
    - Dark Wanderer (691 266) ~ Level 19

*Until you get a herc it will be very hard to solo any bosses unless you are fighting a high magic attack boss and have a pet with high magic defense (froggy/antelope pup)*
    Windwalking piggy is quite a good air tank and for lure pet can use kowlin oso
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL THIS TREAD IS OLD :OO..but anyway xD LET PPL USE THOSE PETS THEY WHAT..i
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    No pets are needed to play a veno. To actually excel however there's a decent sized list of pets you do need, and it varies a bit by level.

Is the wanderer a 7 on the growth chart? I thought scorpions ended up higher because they were both 6's, but if those numbers are right I guess it is a 7. I guess that's what I get for being out of it for awhile, I'll have to update my sheet.

Anyways, if you take bashes into account:
    		Claw+0	Claw+1	Claw+2	Claw+3
    Wanderer	3475.68	3841.54	4207.4	4573.26
    Scorpion	3126.24	3729.55	4332.86	4936.17
    Herc		3338.4	3689.81	4041.22	4392.63

If you use two skills the scorpion takes the lead, with 3 skills it's a 10% lead. Of course, more skills means more aggro so if that's actually better or not would be situational. The reason for this is the .6 attack/sec benefits a lot more from bash.

Wanderer 365.86
    Scorpion 603.31
    Hercules 351.41

Is the amount each pet gains per bash.
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    No pets are needed to play a veno. To actually excel however there's a decent sized list of pets you do need, and it varies a bit by level.

Is the wanderer a 7 on the growth chart? I thought scorpions ended up higher because they were both 6's, but if those numbers are right I guess it is a 7. I guess that's what I get for being out of it for awhile, I'll have to update my sheet.

Anyways, if you take bashes into account:
    		Claw+0	Claw+1	Claw+2	Claw+3
    Wanderer	3475.68	3841.54	4207.4	4573.26
    Scorpion	3126.24	3729.55	4332.86	4936.17
    Herc		3338.4	3689.81	4041.22	4392.63

If you use two skills the scorpion takes the lead, with 3 skills it's a 10% lead. Of course, more skills means more aggro so if that's actually better or not would be situational. The reason for this is the .6 attack/sec benefits a lot more from bash.

Wanderer 365.86
    Scorpion 603.31
    Hercules 351.41

Is the amount each pet gains per bash.

Brael is back :O
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]