Sanctuary Map 100% Red...

_JAKE_ - Sanctuary
_JAKE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Nefarious finally took the whole Sanctuary map. I wonder if the GMs will reset it?
NefSucks-1.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anything important enough to find, isn't worth losing..
Post edited by _JAKE_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    No they don't do anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _JAKE_ - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    I don't think a faction making that much $ each week can be taken down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    No they don't do anything.

This.

Hope their boredom is bigger than their greed and they do the same as Conqueror at Lost City. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _JAKE_ - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    What happened on Lost City? We'e had 1 log time Nef come to Reg out of boredom, people just leave to make it interesting?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    me wants DW like that b:cute, wonderfull looking XD lol
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
    edited March 2010
    Personally I don't see problem of this. No faction can hold so huge territories for long time. Everything is just question of timing. When another factions attack in same time on different territories They don't have chance to win on all attacked lands.
    Max players in TW is 80. So they cannot defend more than 3 territories in same time with full power.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Enjoy.

b:chuckle
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Personally I don't see problem of this. No faction can hold so huge territories for long time. Everything is just question of timing. When another factions attack in same time on different territories They don't have chance to win on all attacked lands.
    Max players in TW is 80. So they cannot defend more than 3 territories in same time with full power.

WL on pw-my keept it like 11 months full red i mean before a server merge. but yeh kidna hard, but its possible XD
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    What happened on Lost City? We'e had 1 log time Nef come to Reg out of boredom, people just leave to make it interesting?

After taking the whole map, Conqueror disbanded and the people went to different smaller factions. Now the map is colorful, at least for some time.

And Heartie: Oh please God, no. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    WL on pw-my keept it like 11 months full red i mean before a server merge. but yeh kidna hard, but its possible XD

I don't think that PWI is the same as Pw-my. Because of all packs and available gear. I bet it will not take so long and the will loose territories.
    Problem will be hold these won land for new faction. I think they will loose them again if they will fight with nefarious. It's important to have ALWAYS some tw fight in same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Well the Cube event was a joke when you look at things like this you see that pwi is on road to predition.

And I just wont participate in silly events which would mean turning my head away from Serious Game issues - like this one.

I WOULD QUIT THE GAME if I was on that server now. GMs good work!

Merging HT and Sanctuary Servers would be a good move now.

On my thread players were saying TW acitity on other Servers is good... very good... And you have only 1 guild doing proper TW.
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
    edited March 2010
    Well the Cube event was a joke when you look at things like this you see that pwi is on road to predition.

And I just wont participate in silly events which would mean turning my head away from Serious Game issues - like this one.

I WOULD QUIT THE GAME if I was on that server now. GMs good work!

Merging HT and Sanctuary Servers would be a good move now.

On my thread players were saying TW acitity on other Servers is good... very good... And you have only 1 guild doing proper TW.

I don't want to merge HT with any server. Is good as is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Problem is, you can only have 3 factions attacking them at any given time.
    And with a faction conquering the entire map, clearly shows their strength, which means that the strength amongst other factions is not so good.

So it will be hard to get 3 strong factions at one time to beat them.
    edited March 2010
    Problem is, you can only have 3 factions attacking them at any given time.
    And with a faction conquering the entire map, clearly shows their strength, which means that the strength amongst other factions is not so good.

So it will be hard to get 3 strong factions at one time to beat them.

What? Just 3 TW in one time? So that will be problem. They should allow at least 5 at same time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    2/3rds of our faction is 100+ but you need 3 factions with that sort of arsenal to make Nef lose land, there's about 5 other factions out there with maybe 20 100+ but they're all spread out, and none will merge. We've only managed to defend them 3-4 times in a 3 hour TW
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Also depends on how many you can get online in one night.
    What's the average for you guys? 150~?
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Regicide had 120 on for the 9am defense but we weren't able to hold, I'm assuming Nef gets 150-160 range
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Are people still moaning for server merges? Really?

You need to learn that server merges really aren't a good thing. When a company can't keep the servers it has full and has to merge them, that's not a good thing. Cause you know, it generally means a lack of players on both servers, which means a lack of customers, and therefore a lack of money the missing customers would have brought them.

Please kindly shut up about server merges now.

If you want the map to not be red like that, go, get a good faction going, work hard like Nef did, get good players, keep the faction going, work hard to make it strong and go take a few territories. You know, the way you are supposed to do it if somebody takes over the whole map in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Aw. Regicide lasted so long too. Hopefully, they can nab some land back next week. b:surrender

While Nef certainly does deserve to have a good chunk of land (they'e worked and paid for it, after all), there is something fundamentally wrong with the TW system if they are able to keep so much of the map for as long as they have.

Something about TW needs to be changed, but we all know that nothing will be. It makes being part of a Sanctuary faction with TW aspirations a great deal more discouraging. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    me wants DW like that b:cute, wonderfull looking XD lol
    yes, but in green, not red b:victory
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    yes, but in green, not red b:victory

Never!

... Actually, I don't support any colour. Fweeee~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Never!

... Actually, I don't support any colour. Fweeee~
    if you're gonna dream, best to do it big :)
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    For all those wanting map reset for more active TW for more ppl etc it would be fun if PW had a second type of TW to run along side the current system (not replace it)

All lands can be attacked at once but rather than Fac Vs Fac . It Sage Vs Demon. Each land owned instead of giving more GC would add a slight boost to various skills

but meh never happen can only dream lol
  • GiaWolf - Sanctuary
    GiaWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    What? Just 3 TW in one time? So that will be problem. They should allow at least 5 at same time.

hmmmm

5 vs 1

5*80 vs 200 (assuming everyone in fac is online and ready to tw)

400 vs 200

any semi-serious tw fac can get 80 people online to fight. 5 attacking at once would ruin tw for any faction with land, no matter how much they own.

tw is already 240 vs 200, if you can't beat a faction with those odds keep trying. And btw for those who QQ tw pay goes into charms for next weeks tw, not armor/etc.
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol i just posted a fix suggestion for this and saw this forum....read my idea in general discusion and tell me what you think :d
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Actually, something else.

A lot of people seem to complain that owning all this land will bring in massive pay which can get used for... well I don't know, use your imagination.

Now I personally have never TW'd or been in a TW faction, but what I conclude is TW pay goes towards charms and other necessities to make a TW... well, a TW, and give the faction a winning chance. If you hadn't realised, this also directly increases with the amount of land a faction holds. A faction that holds one or two pieces of land doesn't get as much TW pay, but depending on the circumstances they are also less likely to be attacked and need less people for their TWs because they only have a small amount of land.

A faction that holds all the land will need a great deal of people online to deal with the TW attacks - especially if they come from strong opposing factions. This means that more of the TW money is going towards paying for people to be at the top of their game for a TW so they can keep that bit of land, and then the next, and then the next.

Yes, so having all the map might produce a small bit of money that, I dunno, goes to the faction bank. But when you consider the amount of people needed for TW and the amount CS players can go to to buy charms to keep themselves alive when they can have 14k+ HP... it's probably still pretty damn costly.

Just my opinion on the TW pay business.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    And btw for those who QQ tw pay goes into charms for next weeks tw, not armor/etc.
    then how does 99% of cala have +5 (or higher) gear? I know several who only use ingame coin
  • GiaWolf - Sanctuary
    GiaWolf - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    then how does 99% of cala have +5 (or higher) gear? I know several who only use ingame coin

Having a bunch of 100+ in a faction means TT, nirvana, lunar spam etc.

In all factions money comes from:
    Packs
    Merchanting
    Instances
    Cash Shopping

Also refining bonuses from owning land. You'd have to be pretty lucky, but i've gone from +0 to +5 with 5 mirage and some tienkang.
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Actually, something else.
    A faction that holds one or two pieces of land doesn't get as much TW pay, but depending on the circumstances they are also less likely to be attacked and need less people for their TWs because they only have a small amount of land.

Was the only disagreement i had with your post, most small factions get ganked every week by every faction imaginable because its the only faction they can attack without trying to team up with 2 other factions.

And about the whole 3 faction team up...most of the serious TW factions ive met have this god complex and refuse to team up with anyone (or are complete asses about it) because they want to solo calamity or some egotistical BS like that.
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Singsung - Sanctuary
    Singsung - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Because 100 Dragon orbs aren't hard to obtain at high levels?
    Or they just merchant or use their land refine advantages. +5 isn't hard to get using land refine.