Nirvana - Casting examples

Options
sidmeyster
sidmeyster Posts: 14 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
I have come across some interesting posts about Nirvana and casting gear. A good friend pointed me to a MY post which I found very interesting. I am posting it here for everyone's viewing pleasure

I apologise in advance if any of this has already been discussed. Please let me know and I will take this offline (or perhaps one of the mod's can?). All credit goes to the OP (Shadowvzs at MY), I am just posting his work with minor changes to make it PWI compatible.

Example 1: TT Gold Dual Axes lv99 ---> Final G15 Weapon)

Get a TT99 Gold Weapon (or TT100 orange) or LG95 Gold Weapon:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqlnXtr

Go to Nirvana (only players lv100+ can enter) collect some mats... (100 crystals for weapon)

Note:
- in this instance, you need to challenge 7 bosses (15 in total - first 3 bosses are fixed, then challenge 4 random bosses from the rest 12).
Bosses drop chests (0-1 per boss, you may get a crystal, mirages, coins etc from the chest)
4-6 crystals per run on average is what you get.
Each run will take about 1-2.5 hours. (taken from PWI thx to Korren)

Now you can upgrade your weapon to the new G13 with phy/mag attack:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxIHtRA

To get to G15, go hunt mats again in Nirvana and this time you need 150. This will allow you to get a G15 with random stats
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Ts15u2V9

If you are not happy with the stats you can refresh the weapon (consumes 7 crystals)
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxIIvIi

Possible additional attributes (taken from PWI thx to Korren): (same for TT and LG)

(The advanced option just has a higher possibility to take effect.)

Fist
fixed Additional attributes:Berserker / Advanced Berserker / crit+3% / crit+4% (one of them)
Possible additional attributes:crit +1%~2%, MP+310, HP +350, STR +18 ~ 19, DEX +18 ~ 19, VIT +18~19,MAG +18 ~ 19 ~ 19, Attack lvl +1~2, Defense lvl + 1~2, Physical Damage Reduction 2%, phy attack +100/+130,attack lvl+3

Claw
fixed Additional attributes:Revenge / Advanced Revenge / crit+3% / crit+4%
Possible additional attributes:crit +1%~2%, MP+310, HP +350, STR +18 ~ 19, DEX +18 ~ 19, VIT +18~19,MAG +18 ~ 19 ~ 19, Attack lvl +1~2, Defense lvl + 1~2, Physical Damage Reduction 2%, phy attack +100/+130,attack lvl+3

Polearms
fixed Additional attributes: Darken / Advanced Darken / Determination / Advanced Determination

Bow/xbow
fixed Additional attributes:Soul Shatter / Advanced Soul shatter ( its debuff :O ) / Stun / Advanced Stun

Pole axe/hammer
fixed Additional attributes:Pierce / Advanced Pierce /requirement-20%/-30%

Dual axes/hammers
fixed Additional attributes:Sacrificial Strike / Advanced Sacrificial Strike / crit+3% / crit+4%
Possible additional attributes: crit +1%~2%, MP+310, HP +350, STR +18 ~ 19, DEX +18 ~ 19, VIT +18~19,MAG +18 ~ 19 ~ 19, Attack lvl +1~2, Defense lvl + 1~2, Physical Damage Reduction 2%, phy attack +100/+130,attack lvl+3

Blade
fixed Additional attributes:Revenge / Advanced Revenge / crit+3% / crit+4%
Possible additional attributes: crit +1%~2%, MP+310, HP +350, STR +18 ~ 19, DEX +18 ~ 19, VIT +18~19,MAG +18 ~ 19 ~ 19, Attack lvl +1~2, Defense lvl + 1~2, Physical Damage Reduction 2%, phy attack +100/+130,attack lvl+3

Magic weapon
fixed Additional attributes(pataka): pdf +289 / +400
fixed Additional attributes(sword/magic orb): crit +3% / +4%
fixed Additional attributes(wand/glaive): chan -6% / -10%
Possible additional attributes:crit +1%~2%, MP+310, HP +350, STR +18 ~ 19, DEX +18 ~ 19, VIT +18~19,MAG +18 ~ 19 ~ 19, Attack lvl +1~2, Defense lvl + 1~2, Physical Damage Reduction 2%, magic attack +100/+130,channeling -3%

Dagger
fixed Additional attributes:Sacrificial Strike / Advanced Sacrificial Strike / crit+3% / crit+4%

Post edited by sidmeyster on

Comments

• sidmeyster
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Screenshots of some of the weapons can be found here:

Nirvana Weapons

All credit to the OP's Archet and Shadowvzs @ MY
  • sidmeyster
    edited March 2010
    Options
    example two from the main post b:surrender

Example 2: TT Gold Heavy Armour lvl99 ---> Final G15 Heavy Armour

Get a TT99 Gold Gear piece or LG95 (Note - Gold Helm & Cloak TT90 can be upgraded too. The new Helm can be HA, LA or Arcane)
    [URL=" http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV9pSSi"] http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV9pSSi[/URL]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    o_O; i think this might be very very old news..............?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    o_O; i think this might be very very old news..............?

It is, but this one is very detailed, and now I understand it completely.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Revoltech - Lost City
    Revoltech - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It is, but this one is very detailed, and now I understand it completely.

Same here b:victory.

Thanks for the info b:laugh.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    But still no answer for the most important question. Do you loose you refines and shards when making first G13 and in next process to G15?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Revoltech - Lost City
    Revoltech - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Oh, on a tangent, do you have the possible additional bonuses for gear? Specifically the Shadow Ashura Greaves and the Myriad Blossom Greaves. Any light shed on that would be appreciated b:victory.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sidmeyster wrote: »
    Go to Nirvana (only players lv100+ can enter) collect some mats... (100 crystals for weapon)

Note:
    - in this instance, you need to challenge 7 bosses (15 in total - first 3 bosses are fixed, then challenge 4 random bosses from the rest 12).
    Bosses drop chests (0-1 per boss, you may get a crystal, mirages, coins etc from the chest)
    4-6 crystals per run on average is what you get.
    Each run will take about 1-2.5 hours. (taken from PWI thx to Korren)

You need 100 crystals for the first recast of TT99 and Lunar weapons to G13 and you need an additional 150 crystals for the quench. 7 Rapture crystals are needed per reforge.. You need 230 Rapture Crystals to convert TT100 directly to G15.

First boss does not drop, but is hyperexp-able. 600k+ xp per run is quite nice. All bosses after the exp boss drop at least one chest. There are several double drop bosses. The last boss does not drop chests, but will drop 2 items, mirage, uncanny or rapture.

4-6 crystals per run is pretty much average.

Average run time is about 45 minutes with an experienced squad, if you're figuring it out for the first time, make sure to have a cleric with lvl11 revive and lots of time. If you can get 2 fist/claw BMs you can get it done much quicker. Our fastest full run so far was about 19 minutes with 3 fist/claw BMs.

Hope that helps.

But still no answer for the most important question. Do you loose you refines and shards when making first G13 and in next process to G15?

You only keep shards and refines during the reforge process. You lose all refines and shards when recasting TT99/TT100/Lunar to Nirvana G13 and also when you quench to G15.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You need 100 crystals for the first recast of TT99 and Lunar weapons to G13 and you need an additional 150 crystals for the quench. 7 Rapture crystals are needed per reforge.. You need 230 Rapture Crystals to convert TT100 directly to G15.

First boss does not drop, but is hyperexp-able. 600k+ xp per run is quite nice. All bosses after the exp boss drop at least one chest. There are several double drop bosses. The last boss does not drop chests, but will drop 2 items, mirage, uncanny or rapture.

4-6 crystals per run is pretty much average.

Average run time is about 45 minutes with an experienced squad, if you're figuring it out for the first time, make sure to have a cleric with lvl11 revive and lots of time. If you can get 2 fist/claw BMs you can get it done much quicker. Our fastest full run so far was about 19 minutes with 3 fist/claw BMs.

Hope that helps.

You only keep shards and refines during the reforge process. You lose all refines and shards when recasting TT99/TT100/Lunar to Nirvana G13 and also when you quench to G15.

Thanks. Another question. Does nirvana armor made from lunar gear additional bonuses? For example if you have 2 pieces do you have increased attack level, or do you have another bonuses for collecting nirvana armor made from lunar components?

Also can some1 post picture of two pieces of nirvana gear made from lunar components?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Really tired of saying this but there is no G13 nirvana weapons. All nirvana weapons are G15; the weapon produced from your TT99/lunar (lunar is G15 already) are immediately turned into G15 - its a mistake that it says G13 on the weapon/notes/forge etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Thanks. Another question. Does nirvana armor made from lunar gear additional bonuses? For example if you have 2 pieces do you have increased attack level, or do you have another bonuses for collecting nirvana armor made from lunar components?

Also can some1 post picture of two pieces of nirvana gear made from lunar components?

Yes, both the Nirvana TT and Lunar armors have set bonuses. Not sure if they're the same or not, but I think it's likely.

Don't have any pictures, check ecatomb, there are pictures there.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    axt57 wrote: »
    Really tired of saying this but there is no G13 nirvana weapons. All nirvana weapons are G15; the weapon produced from your TT99/lunar (lunar is G15 already) are immediately turned into G15 - its a mistake that it says G13 on the weapon/notes/forge etc.

lolwut? Bet you don't even respond to this. :P

Only TT100 goes straight to G15. >.>

They're G13 after recast and the base damage increases again after quench.

Recast = G13 weapon damage. Quench = G15 weapon damage.

Tell me how you figure it's wrong.

2q0iosn.jpg
  • axt57
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lolwut? Bet you don't even respond to this. :P

Only TT100 goes straight to G15. >.>

/pic

Did you read my post? Its a mistake on the forges and on the weapon - very similar to the lunar weapons you receive from anni/coral packs. These "G13" items refine the same as G15 items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Did you read my post? Its a mistake on the forges and on the weapon - very similar to the lunar weapons you receive from anni/coral packs. These "G13" items refine the same as G15 items.

Yes, Lunar does refine as higher than G13, but it is still G13. Just as TT100 is G13 but only refines as G13.

The same weapon below, one is from the recast and then the quench. You notice that the base damage increases. They may refine the same, but one is G13 and one is G15 and the base damage reflects this.

2qi04g9.jpg
  • axt57
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Damage is grade independent. Why does the G13 Beamhoof Slicer do less base damage then the G13 Sinrabansho? They are equal grades.

Grade defines the weapon's refine rate and socket stones required - this is pretty much universal among weapons. These "G13" items refine the same refine rate as G15 items, making them G15 weapons with wrong labeling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Damage is grade independent. Why does the G13 Beamhoof Slicer do less base damage then the G13 Sinrabansho? They are equal grades.

Grade defines the weapon's refine rate and socket stones required - this is pretty much universal among weapons. These "G13" items refine the same refine rate as G15 items, making them G15 weapons with wrong labeling.

you are wrong, get it in your head.

the refinement rate is skewed yes, but that does not dictate the grade of the piece itself. it is not a mistake of the forges and has been expressed by the gm's as best they can.

G13 will have a lower range of attack, whereas the bonus(s) in attack and stats is what makes the G15 a G15.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Frostcicle - Lost City
    Frostcicle - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Michael dark is right.. and you are not.. Base damage is just as much important as the Grade level...
    edited March 2010
    Options

The Beamhoof Slicer is Rank8, the Sinrabansho is TT100. They're two completely different weapons, that is why their damage is different. Is that much not obvious to you? *shrug*

Weapons are determined by two factors:

1) Base damage
    2) Refine bonus

The base damage of higher grade weapons is going to be higher. Period. There are two examples of how the refine bonus do not equate to weapon grade.

Look at TT100 fists and CV Claws. They're both G13, one is two star orange, the other one star gold, yet the one star gold refines better. That doens't make it a G15 weapon, as the base damage are both G13.

The recast of Nirvana is G13 with lower base damage and original stats of the previous weapon. The Quench is G15 with higher base damage and new stats. So what if both refine the same, the G13 is still a G13 piece.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The Beamhoof Slicer is Rank8,
    I thought it was one of those sage weapons.
    The base damage of higher grade weapons is going to be higher. Period.
    Grade 13 lunar weapons have the same base damage as grade 12 TT99 so this statement is false.

Look at TT100 fists and CV Claws. They're both G13, one is two star orange, the other one star gold, yet the one star gold refines better. That doens't make it a G15 weapon, as the base damage are both G13.

Do you have a screenshot of this? pwdatabase isn't accurate with refinement bonuses BTW

Refinement bonus is not only determined by weapon Grade but also weapon type. Some weapons refine better than others. Bows have higher refinement bonus than fists of the same grade for instance (which balances their slower attack speed).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • axt57
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Weapons are determined by two factors:

1) Base damage
    2) Refine bonus

The base damage of higher grade weapons is going to be higher. Period. There are two examples of how the refine bonus do not equate to weapon grade.

Why are you comparing a fist and a claw? They are completely different weapons.

Get this: A lunar G13 fist will start with lower base damage then a G13 TT100 fist. If both are refined to +12, the lunar fist, irregardless of its lower base damage, will do more base damage.

It ends up doing more base damage simply due to the refines it gets.

You could argue with me about it but there is no way of getting around it; the supposed "G13" weapon is in fact superior that its G13 TT100 counterpart as far as base damage goes - even if its initial base damage is lower.

Same with the new nirvana weapons. They are "G13" yet at +12 they will destroy a true G13 weapon and give G14 weapons a run for their money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why are you comparing a fist and a claw? They are completely different weapons.

Get this: A lunar G13 fist will start with lower base damage then a G13 TT100 fist. If both are refined to +12, the lunar fist, irregardless of its lower base damage, will do more base damage.

It ends up doing more base damage simply due to the refines it gets.

You could argue with me about it but there is no way of getting around it; the supposed "G13" weapon is in fact superior that its G13 TT100 counterpart as far as base damage goes - even if its initial base damage is lower.

Same with the new nirvana weapons. They are "G13" yet at +12 they will destroy a true G13 weapon.

Can you show a screenshot of this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I thought it was one of those sage weapons.

Grade 13 lunar weapons have the same base damage as grade 12 TT99 so this statement is false.

Oh, thought it was rank 8, could be rank 6. Don't really pay attention to weapons that don't pertain to me specifically.

Identical or similar? *shrug*.

Do you have a screenshot of this? pwdatabase isn't accurate with refinement bonuses BTW

Refinement bonus is not only determined by weapon Grade but also weapon type. Some weapons refine better than others. Bows have higher refinement bonus than fists of the same grade for instance (which balances their slower attack speed).

I'm confused, are you saying that recast Nirvana is the same grade as quenched though?

I'll get a screenshot when I'm able.
  • axt57
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sure:

20091231141638.gif

Check the refines on both weapons. You will find the NP has refined far better then the TT100. In fact the NP refined exactly as a G15 weapon would have - and at +10 (as a wand) outdamaging the min attack of a TT100 magic sword.

Both magic swords and wands have the same refine rate.

That is not a G13 weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Nirvana bows refine better than Nirvana axes.

AFAIK refinement bonus is some base value times the refinement level multiplier:

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/advinfo/refining

Refining Lv. / Bonus Multiplier (slightly rounded)
    Lv. 1 / 1x
    Lv. 2 / 2x
    Lv. 3 / 3.05x
    Lv. 4 / 4.3x
    Lv. 5 / 5.75x
    Lv. 6 / 7.55x
    Lv. 7 / 9.95x
    Lv. 8 / 13x
    Lv. 9 / 17.05x
    Lv. 10 / 22.03x
    Lv. 11 / 29x
    Lv. 12 / 37.5x

Refinement bonus = refinement base value * refinement level multiplier

For a nirvana bow the base value might be like 26 so a +8 nirvana bow adds 26*13 = 388 weapon attack

The refinement base value depends on weapon type and grade and I don't think anything else... not sure if there is a simple formula for it. This value is equal to the bonus going from +0 -> +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sure:

20091231141638.gif

The NP gained 624 and the Sinra gained 537.

The ratio of those 2 values is very close to 15/13 so I agree with axt57.

Assuming he is right about wands and mag swords having same base refine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • axt57
    edited March 2010
    Options
    The refine rate for a G15 magic weapon is:

1: +28
    2: +56
    3: +85
    4: +120
    5: +160
    6: +211
    7: +278
    8: +364
    9: +477
    10: +624
    11: +812
    12: +1050

Look at +10.

I based my assumption of weapon grade on this - because its universal among magic weapons, unlike the highly fluctuating base magic damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If I have a Lunar Axe with someone else's name on it and I turned it into Nirvana weapon, will the name stay or will my name appear on the Nirvana weapon? What about after I turn it into G15 Nirvana?
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If I have a Lunar Axe with someone else's name on it and I turned it into Nirvana weapon, will the name stay or will my name appear on the Nirvana weapon? What about after I turn it into G15 Nirvana?

Your name will appear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blindeyesniper
    blindeyesniper Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Your name will appear.

Sweeeeet..

Anyone can verify and has done the actual reforging?
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Do you have a screenshot of this?

Base damage (unrefined):

TT100 653-710
    Lunar 498-673

jsox9f.jpg