Lengendary Pet Guide (Herc + Nix)

Comments

• Aniella - Harshlands
    Aniella - Harshlands Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    DON*T NEED LEGENDARY PETS TO GET THE BEST PETS, MAKE UR OWN!!!!!

Not so many ppl will use all their food money on game to get "lendary pets" y can get pets who is almot better then nix,herc.

kk tank pet:

little bear lvl 20. he have good skills and much HP same as Armored bear.

Damge pet:

Petie sawfly is good pk pet. he is 8. but if y get his lvl higer.
    Train bash to 5 also flash strem he will be good as a nix.
    Kolwin is good too:D

Use ur head before spaming ALOT money on a game!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

QQ If i did Crazy stone at 3x AND not 6x, i had been lvl 105 now!
    Didnt know about Bh/CrazyStone before lvl 6x LOL
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    While you can do that, they're still not the best pets, or anywhere close. A phoenix has 93.3% more damage output than the next closest pet... which happens to be a herc. It has 107% (that's over twice the damage) more damage output than the best free pet which is a level 2 scorpion. Saying it's almost as good as a nix is like saying running from thousand streams to east barrier village is almost as far as running 1k to dreamweaver.

A glacial walker is the best free tank and is still 25% behind a herc, a cub is nearly 33% behind. That's assuming those pets also have all of a hercs buffs.
  • Flixix - Dreamweaver
    Flixix - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *Eyes sore from red text* shesh and dude I spend my money on what I want. I have been here since beta and in the last few months I put money in and hey out comes Tideborn race! I am very happy :D

Enough of that I want to say I love your guide and I found it very helpful. I just got my herc pet so I am very very happy!

Oh would you like to link buddy with me? I made a thread for a mob lvl map I made. It is the entire PWI map with the new TB area included. Take a look at the thread if you wish.
  • Missha - Dreamweaver
    Missha - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    question :D
    is the legendary pet tradeable? if it isnt, how abt the ticket? o.O
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    DON*T NEED LEGENDARY PETS TO GET THE BEST PETS, MAKE UR OWN!!!!!

Not so many ppl will use all their food money on game to get "lendary pets" y can get pets who is almot better then nix,herc.

kk tank pet:

little bear lvl 20. he have good skills and much HP same as Armored bear.

Damge pet:

Petie sawfly is good pk pet. he is 8. but if y get his lvl higer.
    Train bash to 5 also flash strem he will be good as a nix.
    Kolwin is good too:D

Use ur head before spaming ALOT money on a game!!!!!

my gosh that is a load of crapb:shutup
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    question :D
    is the legendary pet tradeable? if it isnt, how abt the ticket? o.O

The ticket is tradable but not the pet egg. Best to just keep 9999 SoF or feathers if you're going to sell it.
  • XoConstanze - Sanctuary
    XoConstanze - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I am nowhere near getting a herc T.T, but I'm just curious. Does one tome work for all your pets? Or is it restricted to one pet?
    Great guide, by the way.^^
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    While you can do that, they're still not the best pets, or anywhere close. A phoenix has 93.3% more damage output than the next closest pet... which happens to be a herc. It has 107% (that's over twice the damage) more damage output than the best free pet which is a level 2 scorpion. Saying it's almost as good as a nix is like saying running from thousand streams to east barrier village is almost as far as running 1k to dreamweaver.

A glacial walker is the best free tank and is still 25% behind a herc, a cub is nearly 33% behind. That's assuming those pets also have all of a hercs buffs.

What about the armoured bear I see lots of Venos with around immolation camp?I agree with on all points.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Vintersun - Sanctuary
    Vintersun - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I was wondering two things about the herc:

1) I know it will take tons of time and coins but is it possible to actually gather all sof without using any gold at all? I can't spend any real money at all on this game but still want to know if it can be done without real money. Also have anyone ever succeeded to get a herc without using real money?

2) Is it hard to find meat to feed the Herc or will that always be a big problem?

Thanx for any replys.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)Gotta Love Bunnies!
  • _Lyra - Lost City
    _Lyra - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    1) Yes its possible. I bought my nix for 52 mil in coins during the year end sale. Regular price is 90-100 mil.

2) First get a tome so you don't have to keep feeding him (christmas tome is the cheapest, found one for 400 k the other day). Second, buy 9 regular tokens of luck and trade them at the Boutique Agent for 25 Perfect Cookies, each of them gives you 200 loyalty on herc/nix
  • Vintersun - Sanctuary
    Vintersun - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    1) Yes its possible. I bought my nix for 52 mil in coins during the year end sale. Regular price is 90-100 mil.

2) First get a tome so you don't have to keep feeding him (christmas tome is the cheapest, found one for 400 k the other day). Second, buy 9 regular tokens of luck and trade them at the Boutique Agent for 25 Perfect Cookies, each of them gives you 200 loyalty on herc/nix

Thanx for great answer :D
    I think I will buy some SoF now and then, recently found a player which sold battle pack so I bought one and got a start of 20 SoF. This will take time O_O lol.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)Gotta Love Bunnies!
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hmm...BloodFire...u named ur character after the faction i started. interesting...not sure if i should be flattered or insulted. guess i'll choose neither.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    BloodFire - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hmm...BloodFire...u named ur character after the faction i started. interesting...not sure if i should be flattered or insulted. guess i'll choose neither.

Unless I am missing something. My Veno is higher than all your characters which meant I came first. So how could I have anything to do with your choices?

Oh and I'll be updating this guide soon. I have a lot of information for you guys.
  • Kalee - Lost City
    Kalee - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Just wondering, how long would it take to lvl a phoenix up to lvl 80? And also I was considering that when ur pet is higher lvl than the monsters ur grinding on, the pet would gain less exp, wat would an ideal grinding mob be to lvl a lvl 70-80+ phoenix? b:thanks
  • Ember_s - Heavens Tear
    Ember_s - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Go to the new Tide-area, next to the tidecity at white beach (i am not ingame right now, i will verify the name as soon i am back on).
    There are little little mini flys over the beach. Something called worms.. sprout worms i suppose...
    They have a HP of 300 and a level ? ... go for it, feed your phoenix those little flys :-)
    Only bad: they tend to escape easily.
    Hope your nix is fast though :-)

Have fun.

Having no nix - yet... but got my herc today :-) yay

EDIT: Here the missing infos for levelling the nix:
    Staunch Worms, lvl 100, 300 HP, White Sand Beach, coords ~644,118,25, Elemental Immunity!!!
  • Kalee - Lost City
    Kalee - Lost City Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    haha thxs for the advice. Gratz for getting ur herc Ember_s
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Unless I am missing something. My Veno is higher than all your characters which meant I came first. So how could I have anything to do with your choices?

Oh and I'll be updating this guide soon. I have a lot of information for you guys.

First off, if u started ur char the first day HL/DW servers started, then we came at same time. I'm lower level cuz i play my alts a lot and have spent several months without a computer.

Second, I wasn't really being serious. Ur on a different server and couldn't have known about my faction.

Third, even if I were being serious, I see no need to be so testy about it.

That being said, I like your name (figured that much would be obvious from my previous post, but apparently not).

Also, in response to the actual topic: my answer to poll is Neither (there should be an option for this, btw). Real men don't need legendary pets. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • Venesh - Dreamweaver
    Venesh - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Just wondering...but would it be worth it more to get a Phoenix then a Herc? I'd rather have the attack power then the defense but if it's really all that much better I don't want to start collecting feathers for no reason.

My avy is glitched btw...I'm a level 26 Veno...dunnoh how to fix it.
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Not really keeping up with this thread lol but just responding to Vanesh's post:

Tbh, I don't really know too much of a Nix's capabilities or whatever because I do not own one, nor do I ever plan to because I am perfectly content with Herc. With Hercules, I could take him insides instances...whereas with Nix, I don't think flying pets will ever be allowed inside instances in the future (and if PW does decide to do this...shame on them!!).

A common thing a lot of Venos do is get a Herc first. Why? So you can take him inside of TT and solo it and what not (just note you can't always do all the bosses...think there's a guide about something like that somewhere). After they rack up enough moolah, -then- they get a Nix...so by then, you'll have both. Also, Hercs happen to be a lot easier to level because you can AoE with it due to the reflect skill and, you can level him off the tombstone-like mobs in Cube of Fate in room four. Not really sure what you can do about Nix 'cept regular mobs...which could take awhile to have it match your level if you're high up...but perhaps those level 100 flying mobs with uh...300 hp? could be used to level Nix? Only downside about that is that they're elemental resistant...

/rambling

Btw...o.o it's okay to collect feathers even if you're getting a Herc because you can exchange the feathers for SoF at the Pet Manager.
  • Ember_s - Heavens Tear
    Ember_s - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    jaeseu wrote: »
    Not really sure what you can do about Nix 'cept regular mobs...which could take awhile to have it match your level if you're high up...but perhaps those level 100 flying mobs with uh...300 hp? could be used to level Nix? Only downside about that is that they're elemental resistant...

see here *smiles*:
    Ember_s wrote: »
    #106 01-17-2010, 06:24 PM
    EDIT: Here the missing infos for levelling the nix:
    Staunch Worms, lvl 100, 300 HP, White Sand Beach, coords ~644,118,25, Elemental Immunity!!!
  • Clarysaa - Sanctuary
    Clarysaa - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I found this guide extremely helpful in answering questions I have been pondering about special pets. It was very thourough.

Thank you so much.

Dahilis b:cute
  • Cleocia - Lost City
    Cleocia - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    hi,i'm a a player in the server LostCity, i dont have any gold but want both lengendarypets, what should i do,

ps, tell me how much cions i need if i'm buying the feather and SOF

thx :D

somebody plz help me!!!DX
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    hi,i'm a a player in the server LostCity, i dont have any gold but want both lengendarypets, what should i do,

ps, tell me how much cions i need if i'm buying the feather and SOF

thx :D

somebody plz help me!!!DX
    It's in the guide.
    Grind and catch rares ,or buy some zen. There is no magical way to get gold fast. And as for telling you the amount you need. Around 200~230 gold. (To know how many coins take that amount and times it by the rate of gold to coin on your sever) Hopefully you average out at 30 a pack but there is not set way that you will.
  • Rabid_Cleric - Harshlands
    Rabid_Cleric - Harshlands Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Great guide BloodFire b:victory
    Tyvm^^
    Its helping me a lot.

11/9999 SoF's.

b:surrender

1 day ill have an herc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty my lav for the Sig ^_^
  • Michiyuki - Heavens Tear
    Michiyuki - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    so far i has 170 / 9999

sof's ^^

awsome guide xD

who do people say the herc is a bad pet to lure ?
    i dont understand :o
    i thought their the best to tank but why not to lure
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Great guide BloodFire b:victory
    Tyvm^^
    Its helping me a lot.

11/9999 SoF's.

b:surrender

1 day ill have an herc

Thanks Rabid ^^. Oh god I remember those days. Keep up the good work. You'll have one before you know it.

Michiyuki- The Herc is slower than a the pets you usually pick for luring. It's better to have a fast pet, if you if you are soloing a instance it's better to use a genie to pull for you and keep your herc out.
  • plaguebeast
    plaguebeast Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You know, I read this guide and it answered everything I needed to know about the Hercules pet. It's pretty sad people will dismiss your FAQ and shop pet guide. By the way, just because someone already made a guide/FAQ doesn't mean I will get answers that I need from it. It's a guide for a video game, not a thesis for a Master's Degree being plagiarized. Anyway, nice guide and thank you.
  • Bunny_blues - Heavens Tear
    Bunny_blues - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    BloodFire - Harshlands
    anyway can i talk in chat i really need know to which fastest way to the other pet going i cant talk to a gm when i need to in the game b:pleasedb:embarrass b:avoid
  • BloodFire - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    BloodFire - Harshlands
    anyway can i talk in chat i really need know to which fastest way to the other pet going i cant talk to a gm when i need to in the game b:pleasedb:embarrass b:avoid
    There is no real fast way to gain a nix or herc besides the cash-shop.
  • Anonome - Dreamweaver
    Anonome - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I thought this guide was very helpful (: Good job !
    i still don't understand why someone would get a nix before a herc. Once you have the herc, you can solo TT, and eventually save up enough for the nix. Doing it this way will get you a nix in no time at all, and you don't have to spend actual money.