wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
I_sage_i - Harshlands
I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Wizard
is this suppose to happen i die from lyk every single mob i cant even do my freaking quest because of this **** like rlly wtf man i went from 54% to 1.4% lyk really
Post edited by I_sage_i - Harshlands on

Comments

• mulanrouge
    mulanrouge Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ummmm, you lose exp when you die, but why are you dying so much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well magic mobs if they get there poison off ill die in a couple of seconds and anything meele 2 hits me >.< and im spamming healing pots and mantu and im still dieing

EDIT:just died again by long legged toxicon now im at 0.0%
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Um... you have armours on right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yup and useing da fb 19 wep allso on wood mobs i use the glacia barrier but melee mobs i use stone barrier both r lvl 5 which is up to date
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Also try changing your tactics. You should be able to kite the mobs. Slow them and run to a save spot then attack again etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i try that QQ i even spark every time i can after i cast divine pyrogram im trying to sell my grand lobster atm so i can buy a bunch of scarlet fruit and get this lvl over with

EDIT:i get a few kills in but then i die and loose all the exp i just gained guess ill just do my fb....
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Maybe it will sound stupid but do you level up your skills?

Also: never attack more than 1 mob at the time.
    Packs World International
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yup i sure do level up my skills and i only attack 1 mob at a time whats with the wizzards?

EDIT:some skills i dnt lvl up such as crown of flame pyrogram(i dont use this skill at all)umm pitfall o and i skipped hailstorm
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Are you trying to use divine pyrogram more than once?

if I remember correctly, at that level I used divine pyro-gush-pyro-gush/run or repeat pyro til mob died.
    Also take time between mobs to heal. Don't attack Sac. Assault or Increased attack mobs if you're having trouble staying alive also. (avoid increased life and increased magic resistance as well).
  • Aaragontium - Sanctuary
    Aaragontium - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You said you are spamming pots which you are suppose to do. You shouldn't have to consume mantau on every mob though. You should be spending a lot of time meditating.

You said your skills were current, I will assume your armor is too. Is it possible that your armor has some serious holes in it? Sometimes what initially appears to be nice armor (lots of purple stars) may actually have serious flaws. Review your elemental defense (in the character window) and ensure the numbers are consistent for all 5 elements.

For the mobs that you are able to kill, how many shots does it take? Do you see that something could die in three shots but there is that last little sliver of health that turns a three shot kill into a 4 shot kill?

I see you are still using your weapon from FB19. That weapon may be getting a little old. My wiz was using Sage's Pestle at level 29. The high magic stat on it was close to 300.

If you don't find anything obvious, then come back with some more information. From your character screen, provide us with your HP, PDEF, etc.

I just rushed my wiz through the last of the 20's myself. I skipped as many of the quests as I could. I ran a few dragon quests to get some extra leveling.

When I hit 30, I had enough rep to get that nice rank gear
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You said you are spamming pots which you are suppose to do. You shouldn't have to consume mantau on every mob though. You should be spending a lot of time meditating.

You said your skills were current, I will assume your armor is too. Is it possible that your armor has some serious holes in it? Sometimes what initially appears to be nice armor (lots of purple stars) may actually have serious flaws. Review your elemental defense (in the character window) and ensure the numbers are consistent for all 5 elements.

For the mobs that you are able to kill, how many shots does it take? Do you see that something could die in three shots but there is that last little sliver of health that turns a three shot kill into a 4 shot kill?

I see you are still using your weapon from FB19. That weapon may be getting a little old. My wiz was using Sage's Pestle at level 29. The high magic stat on it was close to 300.

If you don't find anything obvious, then come back with some more information. From your character screen, provide us with your HP, PDEF, etc.

I just rushed my wiz through the last of the 20's myself. I skipped as many of the quests as I could. I ran a few dragon quests to get some extra leveling.

When I hit 30, I had enough rep to get that nice rank gear

okey well i just noticed im wearing all quest reward items which happen to be near my level only thing that isnt is my boots which require me to be lvl 3 and my hp is 670 and my elemental thingy is 918 no buffs
  • stillyo
    stillyo Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What normally works really good for me is:

Open with Divine/StoneRain/Sandstorm immediatly followed by gush. Run back till gush cools down then gush again, pyro, and they are not dead by then(which they seem to be) hit em with a phoenix or any other quick casting spell.

You might get hit once...if any

IDK, i rarely get hit by mobs. Im pure and have never found it difficult whatsoever to quest/kil mobs/lvl.

Maybe your play style better suites you to be a melee class.
  • Meeplk - Harshlands
    Meeplk - Harshlands Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    gah i hated those levels >.< so many explodey mobsb:surrender

EDIT: my thing wont update im level 50 not 49 >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

magic mmmb:dirty
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    @ Stillyo the thread starter still lv 28. b:laugh

Well for thread starter on my experience you must kite some times on those lv.
    The most important skill to use at those lv (28) is :

1. Pyrogram
    I don't lv these skills right when it available but waiting for gush available to lv too, so they has same cast range. Why ? Because when pyro has further range than gush it screwed the combo by walking first to reach gush cast range. b:infuriated
    (you may want to change it for divine pyrogram later)

2. Gush
    Usually at those lv i cast these after pyro. (Remember pyro not instantly reach your target) So you has extra time to cast gush before pyro hit your target. b:cool

3. Stone Rain
    Actually depend on the target element. If the target has element that make earth hit weaker i just use pyro again. But if the target were normal or weak to earth = use it as finisher usually.

4. Morning Dew
    These skill not mean to cast while you getting punched, but after battle. b:surrender
    When you realize things going wrong just run away make some distance then try your combo again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Synthetic - Harshlands
    Synthetic - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hmm no good answers for you in here yet brother. I'll make my suggestion... you are using FB19 weap at 29 time to upgrade to a 3* lvl 29 weapon. You said you have a lobster so money is not a problem. Secondly I have no idea what these people are having you do with spell order, think logicaly start with a slow'em'down spell (Gush), then follow with stone rain (big dmg), gush again run back a bit and a pyrogram should finish them off. Also remember to look at mob elements, if its a MeTal mob then start divine pyro, gush, reg pyro. If its a Water mob then start divine pyro (for big dmg) Stone rain, pyro. and if its any other element the do the norm except earth mobs, earth mobs your stone rain will hit like a pyrogram so why waste the time channeling the big rock? just gush pyro gush pyro. Also I'm curious as to how you placed your stat points. Good luck and I hope this helped!
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hmm no good answers for you in here yet brother. I'll make my suggestion... you are using FB19 weap at 29 time to upgrade to a 3* lvl 29 weapon. You said you have a lobster so money is not a problem. Secondly I have no idea what these people are having you do with spell order, think logicaly start with a slow'em'down spell (Gush), then follow with stone rain (big dmg), gush again run back a bit and a pyrogram should finish them off. Also remember to look at mob elements, if its a MeTal mob then start divine pyro, gush, reg pyro. If its a Water mob then start divine pyro (for big dmg) Stone rain, pyro. and if its any other element the do the norm except earth mobs, earth mobs your stone rain will hit like a pyrogram so why waste the time channeling the big rock? just gush pyro gush pyro. Also I'm curious as to how you placed your stat points. Good luck and I hope this helped!

money is defneily not the issue im a cash shopper.

my combo is divine pyrogram gush stone rain gush again and its usally dead and your post did help alot and i do 9 mage 1 str every 2 levels im a pure
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Seriously, your worse on wiz than I am... I fail as a DD, I do everything other than DD as a wiz, Just gush, run back and gush again XD and morning dew... Saves me from death all the time. And crown of the flame is a good DOT unlike what people say, I just kite and let the DOTs do the work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If you're pure magic, what's the problem? I never recall having this sort of problem as a wizard (Except those stoney boogins near 1k, those suck).

Really, all you should have to do is Pyro/Gush until dead.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If you're pure magic, what's the problem? I never recall having this sort of problem as a wizard (Except those stoney boogins near 1k, those suck).

Really, all you should have to do is Pyro/Gush until dead.

The key to the boogins is to go up close (not too close or it whacks you) and damage taken is halved.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Instead of just pots, use life powder. +50hp/sec regen is ALOT with a wizzy's low hp pool.
    10 golden herbs and 15 nectar for 5 life powders, each powder lasts 10 mins.

If you see a cleric around, ask him/her nicely for bufs. Just remember the cleric regen buf will overwrite your life powder, so either ask to not use that buf (if you've used life powder), or use life powder after you've been buffed.

You can use pots to supliment your hp, but you should need alot less with life powder on.

Now your skil order:
    You said you spark AFTER Dpyro right? This will hold you on your place for a few secs while the mob is charging at you/already killing you, and the 1 sec invincible won't save your life any time.

Try to spark BEFORE you use your first skil, for maximum effect of your first nuke (you seem to get the nuke aspect, start of with a long channel/strong hitting skil. Sparking before that will only improve the nuke's power and the channel won't hurt you if you're not being attacked).

Funny thing is, you seem to do everything else right to. Use the right skils, use kiting, ect.
    Can you give us a situation where you fight a mob, what skils you use, when it hits you, ect?

And if nothing else works, ask some people in the area to squad with you. Nothing like having a barb with you to take the hits
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Disagree about not Attacking Sacrificial Assault mobs if you have skills up to date , why? :

1. X1,5-2 exp
    2. They have 1/2 life total than regular

If you die too much try to attack "slow" melee mobs as well keep in mind that after Phoenix most times mob start to run as well Will of Force not freezes mob but causes them run back which sometimes confusing

b:bye
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wnight wrote: »
    Disagree about not Attacking Sacrificial Assault mobs if you have skills up to date , why? :

1. X1,5-2 exp
    2. They have 1/2 life total than regular

If you die too much try to attack "slow" melee mobs as well keep in mind that after Phoenix most times mob start to run as well Will of Force not freezes mob but causes them run back which sometimes confusing

b:bye

im level 30 i do not have will of the phoenix of force of will i do attack sacrificial assault mobs because i 2 hit them
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If you play your class right...you shouldn't be dying this much lolz
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    try play class with higher hp pool (barb or bm) for a while, that might help u adjust the game before playing most sissy class in game. atleast that helped me after i kept nonstop die on my 1st char veno XD wizzards are hard and many people leave game at low levels
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i have a level 71 veno and ive played a wizzy before up to level 37 and never had any problems so i dont know why im dieing this much but im passed that level i just sold some gold to server and bought some scarlet fruits to lvl up now im lvl 32

EDIT:ive played a bm up to lvl 43 and i played barb up to 25(hated barb i killed things too slow) ive played every class up to atleast level 30 except a sin my sin is lvl 25
  • Synthetic - Harshlands
    Synthetic - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hey sage, add me to friends list, I will come down and watch you for a bit see if we cant get your problem fixed!
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If you play your class right...you shouldn't be dying this much lolz

Who the **** are you? b:scorn
    Nice sig though.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    yup and useing da fb 19 wep allso on wood mobs i use the glacia barrier but melee mobs i use stone barrier both r lvl 5 which is up to date

then dont wonder :P

better weapon could be nice and a bit more kiteing

try get +pdef or hp eq.
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Who the **** are you? b:scorn
    Nice sig though.

I'm some random wizzie....who made this name...only to discover that someone else(you) had already been using itb:shocked

anyways...... how long do you think it would take before I have to update my sigb:mischievous

^ you know what I mean...rightb:scorn
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    is this suppose to happen i die from lyk every single mob i cant even do my freaking quest because of this **** like rlly wtf man i went from 54% to 1.4% lyk really

you say you are a cash shopper, buy a friggin CHARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    if that doesn't help, roll a barb.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]