Sage or Demon (Assassins... ofc. lol)

Options
TurboTaxi - Lost City
TurboTaxi - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Assassin
I'm voting for Sage because of my playing style.

dunno if the posted skills are really true, but the ones i'm gunning for are:
1. ofc sage spark (500% inc dmg is one hell of a jump compared to what i do now....)
2. Dagger Mastery from 60% to 90% (hell, thats OVERALL DMG..... hell yea)
3. 3% hp steal from blood paint (safer frost anyone? *high fives blademasters*)
4. chance of 3 sparks from inner harmony (something to look forward to everytime i log in, lol.)

hey ^_^ dont get me wrong, im really very happy with the way the assassin works right now at lvl 93.... because, if played right, you're one hell of a pker, but to freakin get sage/demon?! thats like openning pandora's box..... lol. go sins!

need someone dead? call me at 1-800-LOL-UMAD. b:victory
"Stay cool, be respectful, know your limits, and accept it when you've lost....

...then maybe i'll stick around a bit longer. b:victory" -Anonymous

93 Barb (BattleBurger)
100 Assassin (TurboTaxi)
Post edited by TurboTaxi - Lost City on

Comments

• Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sage does look good. it looks like sage sins will actually be able to kill unlike sage BM's

demon with interval gear is still better and since i'll be going full interval i'll be using demon ofc

stealing your number for my AFK note now on IJS
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • EvAxx - Sanctuary
    EvAxx - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sage is better if you spend 30,000 USD getting the best equipment. Demon is probably better otherwise.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sage is better if you spend 30,000 USD getting the best equipment. Demon is probably better otherwise.

think you got that backwards...unless you're referring to warsoul...in which demon still wins.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • EvAxx - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    think you got that backwards...unless you're referring to warsoul...in which demon still wins.

Well to get a decent sin that is better than a skill spamming sage sin isn't that hard; you don't need godly equip. If a sage sin wants to reach the damage output of a demon sin with 5 aps(with demon spark), it would have to have equipment that gives it 5 aps without using skills. In that case, demons lost their edge and sages are better with their slightly better skills and better spark(no need for additional aps).

Though.. warsoul will probably tip the favor back to demons unless warsoul also has -.xx attack interval.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well to get a decent sin that is better than a skill spamming sage sin isn't that hard; you don't need godly equip. If a sage sin wants to reach the damage output of a demon sin with 5 aps(with demon spark), it would have to have equipment that gives it 5 aps without using skills. In that case, demons lost their edge and sages are better with their slightly better skills and better spark(no need for additional aps).

Though.. warsoul will probably tip the favor back to demons unless warsoul also has -.xx attack interval.

the way the skills are set appears to make the difference between going sage or demon go hand in hand with using CoD or not

if you use CoD: go sage
    if you dont use CoD: go demon

sage sins's will have incredible attack power 35 base attack levels + 8 from daily (which demons could also use sure) + 10 from raving slash (only lasts 5 seconds but still great for popping a hard hitting skill right after) makes 53 attack levels for a sage sin.

a triple spark headhunt popped from stealth (35/43 attack levels) is going to 1 shot a lot of AA users and posibly LA, especially if it crits, and leave them QQing about OP sins
  • TurboTaxi - Lost City
    TurboTaxi - Lost City Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LOL dph or dps...... xD

personally i like dps better.. but jesus christ =D its exciting!
    "Stay cool, be respectful, know your limits, and accept it when you've lost....

...then maybe i'll stick around a bit longer. b:victory" -Anonymous

93 Barb (BattleBurger)
    100 Assassin (TurboTaxi)
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Err....

Demon while spending 30,000 would be better than sage spending the same amount. So.....go demon assassin's.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SaphireDemon - Lost City
    SaphireDemon - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Demon all the way

this is why:
    Demon Sin:
    -few skills will be nerfed if u get them to 11 (maze step, tackling slash)
    -will crit alot more often then sage (power dash, dagger mastery)
    -will do alot more dmg then sage (wolf emblem, throat cut)
    -will have a perfect stun lock (headhunt, shadow tele, deep sting, throat cut)
    -will have faster dps (demon spark, Spilstreak strike)
    -will be more welcome to a HH/ FF/ Lunar when there is no archer (rib strike)
    Angel BEGONE!! b:angry

The Devil has my ear today b:pleased
  • EvAxx - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm not sure why you consider nerfs to be a reason to go demon. Though after thinking about it, a 30 second tackling slash is insanely helpful even if its 50%. I would just stall until it goes off then start your combo.
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    DPH vs. DPS
    sage vs demon

Sage kills the charm, Demon kills the player.
    I don't think sage sin is event rying to compete with demon sin in terms of dps.
    Serves a different function.

Something I like about sage is that the shadow teleport cooldown was reduced to 30. I found the original 60 cooldown to be a little limiting.
    Overall, I find the demon sin more situational (have to apply buffs and wait for cooldowns before striking again) while the sage gives up some damage in exchange for more consistency.

Different playstyles I suppose although Demon is obviously endgame oriented.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    DPH vs. DPS
    sage vs demon

Sage kills the charm, Demon kills the player.
    I don't think sage sin is event rying to compete with demon sin in terms of dps.
    Serves a different function.

Something I like about sage is that the shadow teleport cooldown was reduced to 30. I found the original 60 cooldown to be a little limiting.
    Overall, I find the demon sin more situational (have to apply buffs and wait for cooldowns before striking again) while the sage gives up some damage in exchange for more consistency.

Different playstyles I suppose although Demon is obviously endgame oriented.

normal CD on shadow teleport is 180. i doubt the sage CD is 30. it's probably 150. (down BY 30)

they made the same description errors with many mage skills
  • Aggonist - Sanctuary
    Aggonist - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i gone demon for the dps with a atk rate pot and power dash a HA player goes down in a blink of an eye coz of the 2.2 atk rate with gear so i vote demon if u wanna keeeeel b:sin
  • Revoltech - Lost City
    Revoltech - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    normal CD on shadow teleport is 180. i doubt the sage CD is 30. it's probably 150. (down BY 30)

they made the same description errors with many mage skills

If this were the case, it'd make the decision a LOT easier...
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i dont know, sage is more about one shotting and by passing charms while demon is just power through with fast and hard hits.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Although I initially liked the purify aspect of sage Shadow Escape, the demon version would be quite nice actually. Having shorter c/d means you can pop out-kill one-invis-repeat more often when you are up against a group. I often found myself waiting for Escape to c/d so it's safe to come out of stealth to pick off the squishy in the group then disappear.
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    _Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Probably i'll go sage cause i don't have much time/money to spent in PWI. Sage give a lot of extra power to the skills, demon look too much gear related.
  • SlashSin - Lost City
    SlashSin - Lost City Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    QQ I was so set on going sage for the longest time, now I read this thread and I'm just as unsure as ever, with only 1 level to go b:cry

*edit* spelling fail
    The only sin to go from 1 to 102 completely nude b:cool
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    _Ghostz_ - Archosaur Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm voting for Sage because of my playing style.

dunno if the posted skills are really true, but the ones i'm gunning for are:
    1. ofc sage spark (500% inc dmg is one hell of a jump compared to what i do now....)
    2. Dagger Mastery from 60% to 90% (hell, thats OVERALL DMG..... hell yea)
    3. 3% hp steal from blood paint (safer frost anyone? *high fives blademasters*)
    4. chance of 3 sparks from inner harmony (something to look forward to everytime i log in, lol.)

hey ^_^ dont get me wrong, im really very happy with the way the assassin works right now at lvl 93.... because, if played right, you're one hell of a pker, but to freakin get sage/demon?! thats like openning pandora's box..... lol. go sins!

need someone dead? call me at 1-800-LOL-UMAD. b:victory

I thought sage spark added 700% and Demon added 500%??
    Just don't. This is your final warning.
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    _Ghostz_ - Archosaur Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Im voting sage all the way for PVP. And you'll see why when you get 1-2 shotted with 9k hp. You'll seeb:chuckle
    Just don't. This is your final warning.
  • Munsu - Lost City
    Munsu - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Identical on LC has nirvana daggers with Sac strike on it. Seems like that would be a sick Sage sin weapon. Skills would do massive damage with that.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'm going sage.
    I dont really have the money to deck out my DPS with demon, so I'll go for the DPH with sage ;).
  • Ahknatn - Heavens Tear
    Ahknatn - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

if you use CoD: go sage
    if you dont use CoD: go demon

whats CoD?
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Options
    whats CoD?

Chill of the Deep
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So there's talk that the developers are thinking about changing demon spark. . .
    as in nerfing increased attack speed...
    How do all of you that chose/plan to choose demon feel about that? b:cute
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    skyxiii wrote: »
    So there's talk that the developers are thinking about changing demon spark. . .
    as in nerfing increased attack speed...
    How do all of you that chose/plan to choose demon feel about that? b:cute

i think your full of **** personally and a pretty poor troll. try something original
  • skyxiii
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i think your full of **** personally and a pretty poor troll. try something original

Excuse me?
    Come at me again with your disrespectful rage and I'll report you immediately to the mods. These forums are for sharing news, ideas, thoughts, and helping others - not name-calling. You attack me for originality, yet it is you yourself who lacks this trait - stop playing the troll blame card every time you have the chance. For one, you can be wrong, like you are now. And for two, it's getting old.

I will quote Daji, a level 101 Venom from the Sanctuary server directly from a thread in the General Discussion forum:
    Beta test for new skills open today in CN PWI. Sage version much better than demon one but this may change since it still in beta. Hopefully soon.
    . . .
    PS. Sage force stealth cool down reduce 15 second.

PS. There is a talk that the developer in CN wanting to change demon spark (attack rate and damage). This will affect a lot of BM wished to go fist/claw. So I sent a note to the developer warning them the potential of losing player base in US PWI if the change reaches us but the GM here will need to do their job too.

Think, before leaping to offensive conclusions, think.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sage sucks. you should all go demon. only reterds would go sage :P no im serious
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Options
    skyxiii wrote: »
    Excuse me?
    Come at me again with your disrespectful rage and I'll report you immediately to the mods. These forums are for sharing news, ideas, thoughts, and helping others - not name-calling. You attack me for originality, yet it is you yourself who lacks this trait - stop playing the troll blame card every time you have the chance. For one, you can be wrong, like you are now. And for two, it's getting old.

I will quote Daji, a level 101 Venom from the Sanctuary server directly from a thread in the General Discussion forum:

Think, before leaping to offensive conclusions, think.

Go ahead and report me, like I give a damn. you posted the same thing in 2 threads and expect people not to consider you trolling. your original post was to incite emotion from people here, not share information.

Now that you've shown something actually stating they may change spark:

if they nerfed the Attack speed to 5-10% or even zero but raised damage to be higher than sage it would still make it better than sage in terms of dealing damage to targets. sins could still reach 4 APS outside spark with daggers and 5 APS with fists.

They would have to nerf the Hard caps to actually make much difference
    sage sucks. you should all go demon. only reterds would go sage :P no im serious

we already know you think sage is best. i think both are great really and depend on playstyle as to which is better.
  • skyxiii
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Go ahead and report me, like I give a damn. you posted the same thing in 2 threads and expect people not to consider you trolling. your original post was to incite emotion from people here, not share information.

we already know you think sage is best. i think both are great really and depend on playstyle as to which is better.

Actually I did post to share information. .and to ask about how demon supporters felt about it. I posted in two threads because they were both relevant to my question. It's okay to be suspicious of someones intentions, but you should have asked me to see evidence first instead of calling troll on me.

I'm going to post that quote on the other thread too now though to avoid any more grief.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Options

what...no...you got it all wrong. im going demon. sage sucks