What makes wizards so strong?

Comments

• Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I could almost bet that if you go against a sage wizard, both sparked, your 25% channel increase won't compensate for the 25% dmg reduction and the debuffs from Sage GS and DP will hurt more than the additional dmg you have on your uber-awesome demon skillz.
    Demon wiz is indeed powerful, and used the right way can be a menace, but u don't sound like you know how to use it.

My question is, why would you be sparking? Isn't a Sutra -> DP -> Ulti -> more stuff more effective?
  • Doomm/ker_ - Lost City
    Doomm/ker_ - Lost City Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    My question is, why would you be sparking? Isn't a Sutra -> DP -> Ulti -> more stuff more effective?

sage- it is. Demon- hmmb:laugh also thats whx ill go demon. Its a big mistery
  • Ehee - Lost City
    Ehee - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    demon>sageb:bye
    me gush you.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited March 2010

i use often 3rd spark+bt or bids or 3rd spark+sutra (ofc i have alot spark pot because i love it)

only 399 chi combo what i use is sutra+dp+ms+fast skills
  • Inabikari - Raging Tide
    Inabikari - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Six second stun = win.
    RIP Resolve. You guys still owe me TW pay. XD

Varden- <3 you all!
  • Lorsis - Lost City
    Lorsis - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I would tank it with pleasure. -25% damage received from my spark is especially in PVP HUGE ADVANTAGE. I told you wake up and come to back on earth. I'm happy for you, that you can cancel channeling with BTb:chuckle.
    And 50% BIDS is damn huge possibility and you can be sure that in next 10s after at least 1 time I will critic and my critic=you death.b:laugh

so... if you think 25% chanelling < 25% reduction, well go die
    you're wizard, you have to deal dmg not stay there and fap to your reduction k
    spark adds like.. duno 60% more dmg so....... lets say we both have 6k HP
    i do 3k snare on your face, +60% =4800 dmg per hit - your reduction 3600 (hiero tick) (1,57 sec chanelling 1,8 cast)
    then dpyro 2,8k dmg on your face+60%= 4480 - reduction 3360 (1,87s + 1s)
    pyro 2400+60% 3840dmg - reduction 2880 dmg (0,9s+0,8s)
    and you're basically dead

now lets say u are heaven and u sparked in the same second as me, perfect timed spark
    you have no -chanelling spark so.... u do.... 4800dmg (hierto tick) (2,5s+1,8s)
    dpyro 4480dmg (3s+1s) OMG IM ABOUT TO DIE
    then pyro 3840 (1,5+0,8)
    OH NOES IM DEAD... nooo i lost....
    wait... what no,
    cant umm,
    WHAT?
    hell wiz needed 7,94 sec to kill heaven wiz! omg the reduction didnt help cuz heaven wiz need 10,6 sec to kill hell wiz, that means spark saved 2,66.... that means.... YOU WOULDNT HAVE TIME TO HIT ME EVEN WITH 2ND SKILL YOU NEED EXACTLY 8,3 SEC TO LAUNCH 2 SKILLS, WHILE HELL WIZ IS ABLE TO HIT YOU THREE TIMES in 7,94
    THAT MEANS YOU CAN ONLY TICK MY HIERO BEFORE I CRUSH YOU

wheres your god now?b:laugh
    I could almost bet that if you go against a sage wizard, both sparked, your 25% channel increase won't compensate for the 25% dmg reduction and the debuffs from Sage GS and DP will hurt more than the additional dmg you have on your uber-awesome demon skillz.
    Demon wiz is indeed powerful, and used the right way can be a menace, but u don't sound like you know how to use it.

READ ABOVE

you both failed, my point has been proven
    heaven wizards suck, HARR HARR HARR

and out of nowhere, hell masteries stack, i have vid of me killing 1k rams in sundown, its huge movie, my connection is superslow (try to send something having 128kbps uploadkign spd) so i wont upload it unless i change it
    and i posted results of 1st test with me killing 600 rams somewhere on forums

hell > heaven
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010

You know what I always like on demons? They never tell what is better than sage. If they tell something 90% of that is BS. Like sage mastery add 10-30 more damage, or BIDS has low probability to critic, etc. Of course demon has some better skills. No doubt. BUT over all is sage better in my opinion. If nothing else is much better in ultimates because of chi. Sage has ability chain multiple ultimates in row.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lorsis - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    You know what I always like on demons? They never tell what is better than sage. If they tell something 90% of that is BS. Like sage mastery add 10-30 more damage, or BIDS has low probability to critic, etc. Of course demon has some better skills. No doubt. BUT over all is sage better in my opinion. If nothing else is much better in ultimates because of chi. Sage has ability chain multiple ultimates in row.

cuz sage mastery does add **** dmg

lets say u do 3k regular gushes

+5% its 3150

wow amazing dmg, rather have 3 % crit more cause it stack than 5% more dmg

ultis are useless if you have hell spark and hell sandstorm, and we can launch multiple aoes too, dragon save sparks, 20% chance. Imagine undine poison sutra gush dragon **** rock sandstorm (2 ultis ina row huh, means 2x damage = critical hit = we have 20% chance to sutra ulti crit)

WHERES YOUR GOD NOW HUH?

sage isnt better, prove it or quit PWI

and don't talk to ehee like that or he'll 1 shot you with hell crown of flame

damn +12 8jun pure mag hell wizard :<
    edited March 2010
    so... if you think 25% chanelling < 25% reduction, well go die
    you're wizard, you have to deal dmg not stay there and fap to your reduction k
    spark adds like.. duno 60% more dmg so....... lets say we both have 6k HP
    i do 3k snare on your face, +60% =4800 dmg per hit - your reduction 3600 (hiero tick) (1,57 sec chanelling 1,8 cast)
    then dpyro 2,8k dmg on your face+60%= 4480 - reduction 3360 (1,87s + 1s)
    pyro 2400+60% 3840dmg - reduction 2880 dmg (0,9s+0,8s)
    and you're basically dead

now lets say u are heaven and u sparked in the same second as me, perfect timed spark
    you have no -chanelling spark so.... u do.... 4800dmg (hierto tick) (2,5s+1,8s)
    dpyro 4480dmg (3s+1s) OMG IM ABOUT TO DIE
    then pyro 3840 (1,5+0,8)
    OH NOES IM DEAD... nooo i lost....
    wait... what no,
    cant umm,
    WHAT?
    hell wiz needed 7,94 sec to kill heaven wiz! omg the reduction didnt help cuz heaven wiz need 10,6 sec to kill hell wiz, that means spark saved 2,66.... that means.... YOU WOULDNT HAVE TIME TO HIT ME EVEN WITH 2ND SKILL YOU NEED EXACTLY 8,3 SEC TO LAUNCH 2 SKILLS, WHILE HELL WIZ IS ABLE TO HIT YOU THREE TIMES in 7,94
    THAT MEANS YOU CAN ONLY TICK MY HIERO BEFORE I CRUSH YOU

wheres your god now?b:laugh

READ ABOVE

you both failed, my point has been proven
    heaven wizards suck, HARR HARR HARR

and out of nowhere, hell masteries stack, i have vid of me killing 1k rams in sundown, its huge movie, my connection is superslow (try to send something having 128kbps uploadkign spd) so i wont upload it unless i change it
    and i posted results of 1st test with me killing 600 rams somewhere on forums

hell > heaven

Nice construction of fight. You just forgot on PVP DAMAGE REDUCTION. So no charm tick. But I would have to be stupid If I fight against you this way.
    I tell you my story.
    You spark I use FoW + undine.(-60% magic defence) Then I use sutra+sage divine pyro(-20% fire defence)+BT OR BIDS+pyro. You are death.

I'm still more and more convinced that you don't know what you talking about. I would really want to fight with you.
    Also there another 1000 ways how to fight against you for 15s when you have little increased channeling time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    cuz sage mastery does add **** dmg

lets say u do 3k regular gushes

+5% its 3150

wow amazing dmg, rather have 3 % crit more cause it stack than 5% more dmg

ultis are useless if you have hell spark and hell sandstorm, and we can launch multiple aoes too, dragon save sparks, 20% chance. Imagine undine poison sutra gush dragon **** rock sandstorm (2 ultis ina row huh, means 2x damage = critical hit = we have 20% chance to sutra ulti crit)

WHERES YOUR GOD NOW HUH?

sage isnt better, prove it or quit PWI

and don't talk to ehee like that or he'll 1 shot you with hell crown of flame

damn +12 8jun pure mag hell wizard :<

O hell sandstorm. Did you ever calculate how "HUGE" damage will do sandstrom on my +150% earth resistance? Your adding 1200 damage in PVP After reduction is maybe 300more + with my 150% earth resistance will be how much? 10-20 more?b:laugh

You speaking 3K where in PVP or PVE? I did 3K in PVE in lv.60

Demon mastries. Nobody know it it's 3%. Eye show you more critic. Same as critical arrow show you +1% also more critic but it not work.
    And If you had 3% more. I would take rather sage BIDS With 30+ mine 15% = 45% critical rate for 10s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lorsis - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Nice construction of fight. You just forgot on PVP DAMAGE REDUCTION. So no charm tick. But I would have to be stupid If I fight against you this way.
    I tell you my story.
    You spark I use FoW + undine.(-60% magic defence) Then I use sutra+sage divine pyro(-20% fire defence)+BT OR BIDS+pyro. You are death <--- I lol'd.

I'm still more and more convinced that you don't know what you talking about. I would really want to fight with you.
    Also there another 1000 ways how to fight against you for 12s when you have little increased channeling time.

well 3-5k dmg sparked looks like normal dmg to me... a normal dmg AFTER PVP REDUCTION.... unless you cant hit that hard in pvp.... dunno O_o

and you fail, looks like u think that undine debuff and dpyro debuff stack

you're wrong my PvE friend

hey stop being butthurt, i won 1st sever vs server duel and gave u a proof that hell > heaven

i'd just absolute domain your ulti and laugh at you, srsly, you carebears dont know what is this, but thats not my fault, and if you were factor or at least a guy with brain u'd know that BLADE TEMPEST WONT WORK ON HELL WIZARD, or any decent geared wizzy, since my phy def is waaaaaaaaaay higher than mdef, rather **** with pyrogram than tempest on another hell wizzeh

and its what i'd do to your omfg wtf pwn crit lol dragon

domain right after sleep is gone cause BIDS takes 5,6 sec to cast, sleep 4 sec, domain instant, k thx bye
  • Zaelmith - Sanctuary
    Zaelmith - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I can't freakin believe how many people actually say one is better than the other. C'mon guys I'm not even 89 yet and it's so obvious to me that each one is for a certain style of play. You can't have discussions over which one is better because depending on how you handle a certain situation either the sage version or the demon version of a skill is useful to you. You 'just' have to realise which ones will suit you the best and choose the according path, cause both are equal in strength.
  • Lorsis - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    O hell sandstorm. Did you ever calculate how "HUGE" damage will do sandstrom on my +150% earth resistance? ]yeah cause having 75% or 77% earth damage reduction rly matters yes, doesnt matter how much eearth def u have, reduction counts ONLY, and why would i use earth spell on wizard? /facepalm reduction rly matter Your adding 1200 damage in PVP After reduction is maybe 300more + with my 150% earth resistance will be how much? 10-20 more?b:laugh

You speaking 3K where in PVP or PVE? I did 3K in PVE in lv.60 god, who the fk cares about PvE damage huh?

Demon mastries. Nobody know it it's 3%.I said i tested it twice 600 rams with 1 mastery then 1k rams with all masteries, i posted results of 1st test somewhere, it does stack, i ahve movie but as i said my connection is too slow Eye show you more critic. Same as critical arrow show you +1% also more critic but it not work.
    And If you had 3% more. I would take rather sage BIDS With 30+ mine 15% = 45% critical rate for 10s. 45% if it prcos, 50% chance to proc, so its about 30% chance to hit critical dragon, lazy to do all the math for you with probability and stuff

reply in red
    edited March 2010
    well 3-5k dmg sparked looks like normal dmg to me... a normal dmg AFTER PVP REDUCTION.... unless you cant hit that hard in pvp.... dunno O_o

and you fail, looks like u think that undine debuff and dpyro debuff stack

you're wrong my PvE friend

hey stop being butthurt, i won 1st sever vs server duel and gave u a proof that hell > heaven

i'd just absolute domain your ulti and laugh at you, srsly, you carebears dont know what is this, but thats not my fault, and if you were factor or at least a guy with brain u'd know that BLADE TEMPEST WONT WORK ON HELL WIZARD, or any decent geared wizzy, since my phy def is waaaaaaaaaay higher than mdef, rather **** with pyrogram than tempest on another hell wizzeh

and its what i'd do to your omfg wtf pwn crit lol dragon

domain right after sleep is gone cause BIDS takes 5,6 sec to cast, sleep 4 sec, domain instant, k thx bye

OO so you starting using genie. What you afraid of, that you have to start genie?
    What about me if I started use genie. I have genie with some spells but is secret but I can guarantee you, that if I use genie you will not stand for long as in fight without genie.b:laugh
    And BIDS with -30% channeling gear will not be 5.6s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I can't freakin believe how many people actually say one is better than the other. C'mon guys I'm not even 89 yet and it's so obvious to me that each one is for a certain style of play. You can't have discussions over which one is better because depending on how you handle a certain situation either the sage version or the demon version of a skill is useful to you. You 'just' have to realise which ones will suit you the best and choose the according path, cause both are equal in strength.

Lol but what if you are equally skilled in.. and like both "paths" the same...then what do you choose. :P

See my pointb:laugh

Edit: okay wait lemme rephrase that.... You ppl always say that choosing sage/demon should depend on your style of play...but what if someone likes both styles of playing...

That's why we need people to input their experiences of playing sage/demon...so we can kinda get the feel of how the gameplay will be after the choice :D
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
    edited March 2010
    reply in red

You started with hell sandstrom.
    "ultis are useless if you have hell spark and hell sandstorm, and we can launch multiple aoes too, dragon save sparks, 20% chance. Imagine undine poison sutra gush dragon **** rock sandstorm (2 ultis ina row huh, means 2x damage = critical hit = we have 20% chance to sutra ulti crit"

I don't understand this.
    "45% if it prcos, 50% chance to proc, so its about 30% chance to hit critical dragon, lazy to do all the math for you with probability and stuff"

With sage BIDS has 50% chance to increase critical by 30%. My critical will be 15% and if BIDS critic my critical rise to 45%. 30% from BIDS+15%=45%. So almost every second my hit in 10s will be critical of course if you survive undine plus critical BIDS.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lorsis - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    OO so you starting using genie. What you afraid of, that you have to start genie?
    What about me if I started use genie. I have genie with some spells but is secret but I can guarantee you, that if I use genie you will not stand for long as in fight without genie.b:laugh

you're not using genies in PvP on carebear servers?

what spells? want to lol at you
    lemme predict, you have: celestial sword to deal phys dmg, earthquake for grinding, rambling thunder for the lulz and mage star to survive vs evil hell wizards
  • brownflamer
    edited March 2010
    "ultis are useless if you have hell spark and hell sandstorm, and we can launch multiple aoes too, dragon save sparks, 20% chance. Imagine undine poison sutra gush dragon **** rock sandstorm (2 ultis ina row huh, means 2x damage = critical hit = we have 20% chance to sutra ulti crit"

I don't understand this.
    "45% if it prcos, 50% chance to proc, so its about 30% chance to hit critical dragon, lazy to do all the math for you with probability and stuff"

With sage BIDS has 50% chance to increase critical by 30%. My critical will be 15% and if BIDS critic my critical rise to 45%. 30% from BIDS+15%=45%. So almost every second my hit in 10s will be critical of course if you survive undine plus critical BIDS.b:laugh

Lol so it's like demon burst...but instead of increased channeling you see criticals popping all over the place...

I never tried it.......I'm just assuming here :P
    edited March 2010
    you're not using genies in PvP on carebear servers?

what spells? want to lol at you
    lemme predict, you have: celestial sword to deal phys dmg, earthquake for grinding, rambling thunder for the lulz and mage star to survive vs evil hell wizards

Of course we using genie. You just didn't write scenario fight with them. And suddenly you are starting with them. Genie will change all my fight tactic what I wrote above.

And your guess is totally wrong. My PvP genie is totally different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lorsis - Lost City
    edited March 2010

I don't understand this.

i didnt say i'll sandstorm on wiz lol >.< that would be plain fking stupid

that means THERE IS ONLY 50% CHANCE TO INCREASE YOUR CRITICAL RATE BY 30%,

half dragons get 15%+30% =45% crit, half dont -> base crit which is 15%

Lets say u have full chi, you dragon once, it procs, 45% critical rate wooohooo,
    then you **** it again after cooldown, boooooo, didnt proc only 15% chance to crit

45+15% /2 =30%crt overall
  • Lorsis - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Of course we using genie. You just didn't write scenario fight with them. And suddenly you are starting with them. Genie will change all my fight tactic what I wrote above.

And your guess is totally wrong. My PvP genie is totally different.

neither me, 1st spark fair fight was w/o genies and you lost

and i dont think you need pvp genie tho, mr blue name
    edited March 2010
    i didnt say i'll sandstorm on wiz lol >.< that would be plain fking stupid

that means THERE IS ONLY 50% CHANCE TO INCREASE YOUR CRITICAL RATE BY 30%,

half dragons get 15%+30% =45% crit, half dont -> base crit which is 15%

Lets say u have full chi, you dragon once, it procs, 45% critical rate wooohooo,
    then you **** it again after cooldown, boooooo, didnt proc only 15% chance to crit

45+15% /2 =30%crt overall

Only 1 thing. My farting damage output is always higher then your.b:chuckle And I thing this 45% critical rate for 10s will be enough to kill you without problem.

Last thing my boss came I will be here around 1h. We can continue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    It's funny how our demon (get your **** out of PWMY noob, it's called demon/sage) wiz his 'arguments' are:
    You fail, noone cares about your play style, demon (instert skil here) beats sage (instert skil here), while it has actually been proven that demon sandstorm will deal less dmg than sage sandstorm combined with sage mastery (as that 5% will raise exponentially, while demon SS's add is static).
    Go search the wizzy forums for it, I'm to lazy and already know it, you're the one who wants to prove something

Also funny how noone 'cares about PvE'
    I gues that's why PWI has 4 overcrowded PvE servers and is about to get a new one, while we have 2 empty PvP servers

PS: I'm going sage. I'm a chi addict b:thanks
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Lorsis - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    Only 1 thing. My farting damage output is always higher then your.b:chuckle And I thing this 45% critical rate for 10s will be enough to kill you without problem.

Last thing my boos came I will be here around 1h. We can continue.

not going to compare out farth, dont rly want to

45% if it procs, remember
  • brownflamer
    edited March 2010
    IMO b:laugh

Sage:

increases your damage
    and makes you better at territory war
    and gives you the most feared skill in the game

Demon:

Get's rid of some(most) of a wizard's drawbacks

slow casting=fixed
    pdef=fixed
    barely any control skills=fixed

I think the best post about which one is better(sage/demon) is this(I don't know the exact words) :
    people say "f*ck, an 9x's wizard's coming"..........not "f*ck a sage/demon 9x's wizard is coming"

Which shows that....."you can't go wrong either way"(according to some poster)

b:laugh b:laugh b:laugh
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    neither me, 1st spark fair fight was w/o genies and you lost

and i dont think you need pvp genie tho, mr blue name

its very usefull, have alot skill what can save ur life from backstabb :)
    Also funny how noone 'cares about PvE'
    I gues that's why PWI has 4 overcrowded PvE servers and is about to get a new one, while we have 2 empty PvP servers

hehe in pw ms have 1 pvp 1 pve, both lower populate but mainly in pve have less ppl and most of ppl went to pvp.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    its very usefull, have alot skill what can save ur life from backstabb :)

hehe in pw ms have 1 pvp 1 pve, both lower populate but mainly in pve have less ppl and most of ppl went to pvp.

Once again, this is PWI, NOT, and I repeat NOT PW MS, PWMYEN, or any other version.

Besides, isn't PWMS that european server I hear so much about (as in, it sucks)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Mrbungle - Lost City
    Mrbungle - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    pls lorsis...at least try to write like an adult
  • Myriad_ - Lost City
    Myriad_ - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2010

Whoa Ehee posted in wiz forums ^_^

Please teach us how to be a pro demon wiz please >.<
  • brownflamer