edited March 2010
    lol why Demon is the usual choice in other versions? >.>
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lol why Demon is the usual choice in other versions? >.>

Yeah...

How come sage gets soo much "advertising" here....and demon doesn't

It would be nice if a demon comes and shares his demon-mage experiences with us..

And...is it true "demon mages are too busy owning"b:sadb:surrender)

I want to know how good is demon spark lol
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • Xulin - Harshlands
    Xulin - Harshlands Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Demon is all about "control" which sage doesnt have much of.

Both are very good choices, but sage has more use in TW.

Demon spark wizard + vacuity is pretty much just stand there and get owned
  • brownflamer
    edited March 2010

Both are very good choices, but sage has more use in TW.

U mean they are OP with demon spark?

and ty for taking the time to answer my questionsb:thanks
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    From long time ago every1 has opinion that demon is better because of control skill. BUT with new shopping items like boots, head, robes, jewelry AND lot of +10 refined weapon sage became much more powerful.
    Just 1 example. Sage masteries gives you +5% to damage. It's nothing if you have low weapon you doing low damage. But with high level weapon with high refines this 5% raise exponentially. I did few calculation long time ago. With purgatory +10(today common) the difference in damage was 900+ in compare to demon. With +10 nirvana weapon G.15 it would be at least 2000 more. I didn't calculate G 15 so I just guessing. Now imagine if you critic with sage BIDS.
    Also Sage has much more chi so can launch ultimates much more often. I see it with sage BT it has 50% chance to use just 1 spark and this option is awesome.
    I have to go to work. Continue later.b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ishmah - Sanctuary
    Ishmah - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    How come sage gets soo much "advertising" here....and demon doesn't

Everybody wants to defend their decision as to why they went demon/sage. Once they have made their choice, they don't want to look like they have made a bad one. So they argue their case and in the process many belittle others for their choices (generalising but accurate).

On these forums, the popular consensus (rightly or wrongly) is that sage is better. As it would appear that most people here believe sage wizard to be the 'best' choice, it has been the one most supported. Rather than be left 'in the cold', players now jump on the sage wizard consensus .

It's safer to belong to the herd than to think independently.

To reiterate, I am not saying sage/demon is right or wrong. I am saying that people, rather than researching and making an independent decision, are more prone to join the popular 'wisdom' of the group in an effort to avoid being seen as an outsider to the group.

Demons don't bother posting as it's not worth the vitriol that ensues.
  • Xulin - Harshlands
    Xulin - Harshlands Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    U mean they are OP with demon spark?

and ty for taking the time to answer my questionsb:thanks

Demon spark is just one aspect.

You should look at all aspects before making your choice.
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Like Ishmah said, sages get more advertising (mostly due to the fact that our sage is an ugly pink so we ragequit the game and troll the forums. jk.)

Demons are probably preferred on servers that have been around a long time because maybe it's easier to stack - chan on them. I think one wizard on PW-CN said that past -92% chan, the game glitches and there is no casting. Pretty much you can cast your entire skillbar(s) within seconds.

Here's an example (This particular vid is on a private server I'm pretty sure), but it's been achieved and documented on CN also. I"m just too lazy to search around on the crappy vid qualities on streaming sties like todou trying to decipher chinese with my horrible knowledge of chinese. Watch the skillbar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQWUtAwt_tU

And here's another guy (notice the different wep?):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtWiCYAL2xo
    edited March 2010
    like Ishmah Said, Sages Get More Advertising (mostly Due To The Fact That Our Sage Is An Ugly Pink So We Ragequit The Game And Troll The Forums. Jk.)

Demons Are Probably Preferred On Servers That Have Been Around A Long Time Because Maybe It's Easier To Stack - Chan On Them. I Think One Wizard On Pw-cn Said That Past -92% Chan, The Game Glitches And There Is No Casting. Pretty Much You Can Cast Your Entire Skillbar(s) Within Seconds.

Here's An Example (this Particular Vid Is On A Private Server I'm Pretty Sure), But It's Been Achieved And Documented On Cn Also. I"m Just Too Lazy To Search Around On The Crappy Vid Qualities On Streaming Sties Like Todou Trying To Decipher Chinese With My Horrible Knowledge Of Chinese. Watch The Skillbar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqwutawt_tu

And Here's Another Guy (notice The Different Wep?):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtwicyal2xo

Unbelievable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Like Ishmah said, sages get more advertising (mostly due to the fact that our sage is an ugly pink so we ragequit the game and troll the forums. jk.)

Demons are probably preferred on servers that have been around a long time because maybe it's easier to stack - chan on them. I think one wizard on PW-CN said that past -92% chan, the game glitches and there is no casting. Pretty much you can cast your entire skillbar(s) within seconds.

Here's an example (This particular vid is on a private server I'm pretty sure), but it's been achieved and documented on CN also. I"m just too lazy to search around on the crappy vid qualities on streaming sties like todou trying to decipher chinese with my horrible knowledge of chinese. Watch the skillbar.

b:shocked Oh My God . .
    Wizard truly pawn once they attack with that speed . . b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited March 2010

y, have few ppl with cube of fate gr16 neck and warsong weapon+12 but most of ppl never get it, same with 92% chan.
  • brownflamer
    edited March 2010

I saw a video on pw phillipenes with 95% -chant....b:faint

But I heard that for demon...one shouldn't put -chant only..b:question .. wassup with that?

and lol that was OP.....hard hits coming down that fastb:dirty
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Above 30% is not worth it to invest in channel just to add 6-12 because you lose too much on pdef/HP.
    However, once the 70% barrier is broken + demon spark you can basically be in sutra for about 21 seconds. That is a DPS that cannot be matched by anything.
    Wizard is the hardest hitting class in the game. Yes, some classes might have 1 or 2 hard hitting skills, but we have 3 nukes 3 ultis, SR, undine, DoT. The way the game was designed to keep all that hell from breaking loose is channeling+casting - wizards have the highest channeling in the game for their skills. Now, take away the channeling and you end up being able to basically hit like an archer with skills that do 3-4 times more dmg.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brownflamer
    edited March 2010
    Above 30% is not worth it to invest in channel just to add 6-12 because you lose too much on pdef/HP.
    However, once the 70% barrier is broken + demon spark you can basically be in sutra for about 21 seconds. That is a DPS that cannot be matched by anything.
    Wizard is the hardest hitting class in the game. Yes, some classes might have 1 or 2 hard hitting skills, but we have 3 nukes 3 ultis, SR, undine, DoT. The way the game was designed to keep all that hell from breaking loose is channeling+casting - wizards have the highest channeling in the game for their skills. Now, take away the channeling and you end up being able to basically hit like an archer with skills that do 3-4 times more dmg.

You make it sound sooo OP b:faint

I got chills from reading your post..lolz(and I don't normally get chills)

So...is it possible to reach that 70% barrier..in PWI? Cause it sounds like it's something really hard to achieve..b:sad
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    In PWI I guess is impossible.
    PWI changed a lot of the game that PW-MS and PW-CN have, not as much as character play but item wise.
    Plus, those are old servers, with thousands of players on line for years now, so crafting rare items (2x-6 channel, or 3x-6channel rings/belt/neck/sleeves) is not that uncommon.
    Look at the private servers, that are based on the PW-MS version of the game, it's possible to craft some unique stuff that in PWI is absolutely impossible.

I know a veno on DW (Amarah) got up to 4x% channel before he quit ( I might be wrong, but I think he passed the 50% by the time I quit or soon after)...Getting there was already a close to impossible task and I didn't know at the time anyone to even come close to that, adding another 20% on it to get in the range of 70 ( 85+% while demon spark) I say it's impossible for a PWI player at this moment.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    In PWI I guess is impossible.
    PWI changed a lot of the game that PW-MS and PW-CN have, not as much as character play but item wise.
    Plus, those are old servers, with thousands of players on line for years now, so crafting rare items (2x-6 channel, or 3x-6channel rings/belt/neck/sleeves) is not that uncommon.
    Look at the private servers, that are based on the PW-MS version of the game, it's possible to craft some unique stuff that in PWI is absolutely impossible.

acctually most of pirate server is pw my based because that is older and pw ms its kinda pwi+pw my (few patch seems from pwi on pw my based client )

in pw ms have low population really but already got somebody 12% ring

in our server before crhono/old oth patch somebody reached the 41% if i remember correctly
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    uhm, OHT patch? can anyome bring me up to date with that?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    edited March 2010
    uhm, OHT patch? can anyome bring me up to date with that?

chrono world or old tear heaven (till that was unable to enter there) patch (maybe here this was the lost empire patch or what the correct name) the pw ms got in 2009 december.
    edited March 2010
    Get -59% in PWI with normal gear is possible.
    2x rings -12%
    Armor rank 8 - 6%
    Nirvana pants -3%
    Sleeve -6%
    Helm -3%
    Event or lunar robe -6%
    Jewelry both -12%
    tome -1%
    weapon -10% or even more with nirvana

All together -59%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    yup, but add on top of that at least another 25 ...
    That's why I've said on PWI is impossible to get to sutra state with demon spark.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Get -59% in PWI with normal gear is possible.
    2x rings -12%
    Armor rank 8 - 6%
    Nirvana pants -3%
    Sleeve -6%
    Helm -3%
    Event or lunar robe -6%
    Jewelry both -12%
    tome -1%
    weapon -10% or even more with nirvana

All together -59%

You can theoretically add on another 12% to the sleeves. OHT sleeves with -18% channeling are possible, just impractically rare. That'll make it -71% channeling.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    yeah, but the original 49% was with items that are ingame now or possible to obtain.
    Getting a 2x -6 rings and 3x-6 sleeves....That's going to take a while to craft, no matter how lucky someone is. And I bet no one is lucky enough to craft all those, so buying some is necesary. Now add that on top of the cash spent for rank8 and event gear...and ... how much money is that? Don't want to think about it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear
    PsychicHarpy - Heavens Tear Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    What makes Wizards so powerful?

Make a Wizard with INSANELY LARGE **** and call her McBustyTheWiz

Yes you will pwn all with your Epically large ****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm the only Harpy, Who's Psychic and knows all!b:chuckleb:pleased

Live Life How You wish To Live It.

I love PWI, Teh Forums, and Konari b:thanks

Is currently working on Wizzy (imo better than my Psy)b:surrender name: SaphiraGione
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    the only reason i would go demon is if i could get -50% channeling w/o spark. I was too lazy to get that much so i went sage.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Myriad_ - Lost City
    Myriad_ - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2010

How do you control the others? Do you spam stone rain, emberstorm, pitfall, hailstorm all the time?
    Moreover, the chance stun procs with SR is low, and pitfall&hailstorm is only a freeze but emberstorm seems great on the paper lol.

Can a demon wiz tell the most efficient way to play demon wiz plz? Maybe focus on demon spark? Any suggestions?

Come on, if Elayne and Ehee went demon, there must be a pro reason to go demon >.>
  • TrueDMG - Sanctuary
    TrueDMG - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I am a deamon wizz.

I have choosen deamon because SR,Gush,pyro + triple spark will proberbly the only deamon skills ill ever have. So i looked at the cheap ones and made my chioce.
    getting to 99 and dumping 50m in skills + 120m in gear is only do able for some hardcore players , cashshopers or when you attend a guild like Nefarius at Sanc that dominates TW and pay you every weekend well.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    How do you control the others? Do you spam stone rain, emberstorm, pitfall, hailstorm all the time?
    Moreover, the chance stun procs with SR is low, and pitfall&hailstorm is only a freeze but emberstorm seems great on the paper lol.

Can a demon wiz tell the most efficient way to play demon wiz plz? Maybe focus on demon spark? Any suggestions?

Come on, if Elayne and Ehee went demon, there must be a pro reason to go demon >.>
    /facepalm

you do realize one of them has full nirvana gear and the other rank 8.
    I am a deamon wizz.

I have choosen deamon because SR,Gush,pyro + triple spark will proberbly the only deamon skills ill ever have. So i looked at the cheap ones and made my chioce.
    getting to 99 and dumping 50m in skills + 120m in gear is only do able for some hardcore players , cashshopers or when you attend a guild like Nefarius at Sanc that dominates TW and pay you every weekend well.

Ya, thats why all the demon wizards cash shop amirite?

One of the things that makes sage attractive is that you dont need many lvl 11 skills. I think for a while Haiz only had sage BIDS and first 3 skills and everyone considers Haiz pro >_>
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Lorsis - Lost City
    Lorsis - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    im demon wizzie, so listen to me k

wizzies suck in general but i find hell wizzies better than heaven, sage dragon is hella overrated, so is chi skill thingy. good skils but, thats just 2... rest of them is just pure suckage,.

inb4 heaven pyro, heaven shrink

hell versions still better

and @ this bullsh1t about how much dmg sage masteries give

learn2fckingcountidiot

its ****ing 5%, where did you get 2k extra dmg? how ofter you idot hit 40k dmg to get 2k more from mastery?

3% crit ****, its liek 3rd cv ring, good thing

roll other class, just dont touch wizard
  • Myriad_ - Lost City
    Myriad_ - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    /facepalm

you do realize one of them has full nirvana gear and the other rank 8.

Ya, thats why all the demon wizards cash shop amirite?

One of the things that makes sage attractive is that you dont need many lvl 11 skills. I think for a while Haiz only had sage BIDS and first 3 skills and everyone considers Haiz pro >_>

Yes i fully realize Ehee has +11 rank8 and elayne +10 or better nirvana G15.
    I just want to know the reasons why they went hell.
  • TrueDMG - Sanctuary
    TrueDMG - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    "Only" Sage BDIS ....thats the point for you is buying sage BDIS for like 20-30m an only .
This discussion has been closed.