Hyper EXP bug

Comments

• Nyvia - Harshlands
    Nyvia - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I also don't care about this Hyper stacking problem. =3 I tend to just wait until a whole session, Hyper, Buffer and Exhaustion is expired before I start another.

My problem is that ALL of my timers are at 0:0 (and have been at zero for over a week now) and I still can't activate any Hyper Stones.
  • Nyvia - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Fail quote but whatever; you get the point.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Fail quote but whatever; you get the point.

Hm...I guess all I can suggest is two things.

1) Do you have the necessary amount of Hyper EXP stones in your inventory?

2) If you answered yes to 1...well, sheesh, I dunno, really. All I can suggest is sending a ticket in with a good screenshot identifying the problem.

Either way, you kids these days and your Hyper EXP...back in MY day, we Zhen'd for our chunks of EXP...and gold was 100k a pop...ahh...those were the days...

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Nyvia - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    I played back during those days.

When there was no BH, when miji'ing was the way to go during FC runs and daily grinding, when Just Questing was one of the best ways to get quick EXP.

I miss those days....but anyway....the main problem at hand:

I have a ton of stones I can't use now because of this "glitch". I could send em all to an ALT, but that would defeat my purpose of wanting to hit 99 and wear the gear I've wanted to since I started playing 1 year ago.

That's "Justice Questing" for those of you who just saw the typo
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I played back during those days.

When there was no BH, when miji'ing was the way to go during FC runs and daily grinding, when Just Questing was one of the best ways to get quick EXP.

I miss those days....but anyway....the main problem at hand:

I have a ton of stones I can't use now because of this "glitch". I could send em all to an ALT, but that would defeat my purpose of wanting to hit 99 and wear the gear I've wanted to since I started playing 1 year ago.

That's "Justice Questing" for those of you who just saw the typo

Then I guess just get a good screenshot and send a ticket in...sorry, but that's all that I can think of for now.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Nyvia - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    It's ok hehe. I've tried many things like reinstalling the game, running patches, buying more stones (which are now on my ALTs) and random other things.

I just want a DEV or GM to come on here and tell us that the problem is going to be fixed and we'll all be happy again b:thanksb:victory
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    Sezan - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    b:surrender got this bug on my ALT account, so annoying b:chuckle

Nyvia yours still isnt working after 2weeks or so?? b:shocked
  • TrinityRa - Dreamweaver
    TrinityRa - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    This sucks I havent been able to use the stones for 2 weeks now and Ive sent every possible ticket already b:sad I truly hope its fixed soon, as soon as I started using them they go away... just my luck lol
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    This sucks I havent been able to use the stones for 2 weeks now and Ive sent every possible ticket already b:sad I truly hope its fixed soon, as soon as I started using them they go away... just my luck lol

Great.. hope that doesnt happen to me, so far like 24hours + before I can use a new one :\ keeps increasing in time though.. b:sad
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    QA department is still looking into this, guys, and we'll get you a response as quickly as we can :)
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
  • Manicero - Sanctuary
    Manicero - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Do we get like 5 free hyper exp stones for making us wait so long?
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Hmm, I doubt it but would be nice b:laugh lol

Frankie, any updates at all? ^^
  • frankieraye
    edited March 2010
    Hey guys, bad news; Basically the China Devs need to check this on their version, and for technical reasons they won't able to do it until the end of this month.

For now, the best we can do is ask you to submit tickets with detailed explanations of the Hyper EXP issues you're facing. Please submit those tickets here if you have not done so already:

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

At the end of the month I'll have another update for y'all.

Thanks!
  • Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    The aim of the stones being that people who don't get to play 24/7 can use stones to keep up with those who do.

How it actually works... no idea. No particular drive to find out either.

How it actually works: level 90 cash shoppers last week are level 102 cash shoppers this week. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Hey guys, bad news; Basically the China Devs need to check this on their version, and for technical reasons they won't able to do it until the end of this month.

For now, the best we can do is ask you to submit tickets with detailed explanations of the Hyper EXP issues you're facing. Please submit those tickets here if you have not done so already:

Thanks!

Well at least they will take notice of it b:thanks

Its hard to explain the problem, Nyvia has been having this problem for 2weeks straight and cant start a new one?

Whereas I can start a new one but need to wait till 12 am :| lol
    No idea why it started affecting me, but it never used to.
  • Rakuma - Lost City
    Rakuma - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Char- Rakuma
    Server- Lost City
    Broken hyper- 1 month b:cry

I have no time left on my counter. I click confirm then yes and choose any option nothing happens... I can't wait till this is fixed; it sucks grinding 29 mil exp. I feel we all have been missing out. I really hope this is fixed by the end of the month. I have had 10 guildies go from 90-100 level while i been frozen at 98.
  • quiv
    quiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010

My friend plays on the China server.... she told me that Hyper can only be used once a day there as well.
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I thought the system was actually explained clear enough

each session si a multiple of 24hrs

you can start multiple session at once (up to 4 if memory serves)

before you can start a new one , you need to wait for all the timers of the session to be off.

one session start as soon as you click activate. never click activate, untill you start bashing, or the buffer time or the Hyper time will be depleted.

Once your Hyper is depleted, if you still have time in the buffer, you can xp at normal rate, otherwise, you just get 10% exp ...

- Exhaustion time is decounted when you are offline.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    I thought the system was actually explained clear enough

each session si a multiple of 24hrs

you can start multiple session at once (up to 4 if memory serves)

before you can start a new one , you need to wait for all the timers of the session to be off.

one session start as soon as you click activate. never click activate, untill you start bashing, or the buffer time or the Hyper time will be depleted.

Once your Hyper is depleted, if you still have time in the buffer, you can xp at normal rate, otherwise, you just get 10% exp ...

- Exhaustion time is decounted when you are offline.

Even with everything at 0:00 some people cant start a new one.
    Example

17/03/10 - Start hyper and stop at 0:03 Hyper EXP.
    19/03/10 - Have 3minutes left everything else is at 0:00, I use the remaining hyper exp time and cant start a new one.

^ Sooooo annoying.

20/03/10 - Start hyoer exp, I use all of it on this day.
    20/03/10 - Try to start another hyper exp session on the day, I cant because I get the same messege < never used to happen.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Thanks!

Any new update on this Frankie? b:victory
    edited April 2010
    *Bump* Sorry to double post, but wonderin' if we can get an update on this?
  • PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    PlumDumb - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    exp junkies..wich most of them do not know there is nothing spectacular at high lvl unless u pk,tw and spend more cash..otherwise just dailies..bout it.
  • EPro - Archosaur
    EPro - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I have had this "bug" occur to me more than once. After multiple trials and recording times, I have come to the conclusion that the hyper exp "clock" does not coincide with the server's "clock".

Server resets everyday at 12:00 AM, so naturally you would assume that the hyper exp would as well. However, this does not seem to be the case.

Today, I had my hyper time and buffer time depleted from the day prior. So, I tried to restart a hyper session at 3:59 PM server time. It gave me that annoying error message about how I couldn't start another hyper session yadayada. Right when my desktop clock hit 4:00 PM server time, SHAZAM, it worked.

Conclusion: Hyper "days" are reseted at 4:00 PM servertime, NOT 24 hr times NOR server resets (explaining how we can accumalte buffer and exhaustion time)

p.s. : nothing is concrete but this seemed to hold true everytime I did hyper sessions on back to back days.

Uh, after testing it out myself...this person's theory here seems to hold true. Basically, I activated once before 4 pm server time (it was close to 3 pm) and after an hour of grinding, when it was past 4pm, I was able to activate another one, back to back. Tried for #3, and it didnt work. The next day tried right before 4 pm and got that error message, but right when it hit 4 pm, it worked again for me >.>
  • frankieraye
    edited April 2010
    Yep, so a pretty good-sized patch/content update will be applied in the very near future which should hopefully resolve the issue. If the issue remains, we'll keep on it til it's fixed.

Thanks again for your patience :)
    edited April 2010
    Yep, so a pretty good-sized patch/content update will be applied in the very near future which should hopefully resolve the issue. If the issue remains, we'll keep on it til it's fixed.

Thanks again for your patience :)

Thank you very much Frankie, I'll be lookin' forward to this fix!! b:thanks
  • frankieraye
    edited April 2010
    So guys, is anyone still experiencing this issue?
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Mod that franky guy is trying necro!!! Pls ban him

>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
    edited April 2010
    I dunno Franky, I have no stones atm lulz. Also, I'm at College so unable to log on b:laugh
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited April 2010
    Yea I still get it,

does it work so you can only do once per day?

if I use full 1 hr within say.. 5hrs then try to start a new one I cant.
    Also if I use hyper exp for 30mins, 24hrs later I use remainder 30mins I get the msg and cant start a new one.
    Is it meant to work like that?
This discussion has been closed.