• Sezan - Harshlands
    Sezan - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    bump, got the same thing today b:shutup

DING98 xD
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i had yesterday one with 9 min left , did a FF run and started another one. After buffer time ran out i tried to start new session but i got the 1 day message. Went to sleep and 6 hours later i could start new session without problems. All this happened in less then 12 hours and within same srv day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    I got to wait like 12hours+ to start a new one.. its like 1hr hyper, 12 hours later at 12am I can start a new one which is annoying cause its so late lol =p
  • TangLung - Lost City
    TangLung - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I haven't used any EXP stones just yet, although I'm curious to do so.

What is holding me back is that everyone is pointing out a bug with the exhaustion time.

This would already hold me back from trying the out. But what's the real kicker is the 10% thing about exhaustion, and I'm not sure I get it, exactly.

1) Does this 10% Experience during exhaustion time mean that a mob will yield only 10% MORE exp than it otherwise would without the EXP stone, i.e. a mob that normaly yields 800 exp will yield 880 exp throughout the duration of exhaustion

or...

2) Does it seriouly gimp exp, meaning it the mob will yield ONLY 10% of what it otherwise normally would, i.e. a 1,000 exp mob yielding only 100 exp throughout exhaustion time?

This is still unclear to me, but would seem to make EXP stones somewhat silly if scenario 2 were the case.

Can anyone point me straight?

Cheers,
    -TangLung
    I came, I saw, I pwned you....QQ
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It was advertised as the latter case.
    The aim of the stones being that people who don't get to play 24/7 can use stones to keep up with those who do.

How it actually works... no idea. No particular drive to find out either.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lovely, all my exhaustion time ran out and still got the 1 day message last night, 31 hours after the previous one was activated... works now, 8 hours later, so who knows.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • VilkasPilkas - Sanctuary
    VilkasPilkas - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I haven't used any EXP stones just yet, although I'm curious to do so.

What is holding me back is that everyone is pointing out a bug with the exhaustion time.

This would already hold me back from trying the out. But what's the real kicker is the 10% thing about exhaustion, and I'm not sure I get it, exactly.

1) Does this 10% Experience during exhaustion time mean that a mob will yield only 10% MORE exp than it otherwise would without the EXP stone, i.e. a mob that normaly yields 800 exp will yield 880 exp throughout the duration of exhaustion

or...

2) Does it seriouly gimp exp, meaning it the mob will yield ONLY 10% of what it otherwise normally would, i.e. a 1,000 exp mob yielding only 100 exp throughout exhaustion time?

This is still unclear to me, but would seem to make EXP stones somewhat silly if scenario 2 were the case.

Can anyone point me straight?

Cheers,
    -TangLung

2nd option b:pleased
    My in-game name is:
    V i l k a s P i l k a s
    where l is L b:victory

Sorry for my bad english b:surrender
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    I hope frankie has some news for us soon guys/gals b:laugh
  • zheekaan
    zheekaan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok im sure myself and some other people have seen this message;

When there is remaining Hyper Exp left in the session, you can not start another Hyper Exp session. You may only start 1 Hyper Exp session per day.

Ok so I have 0:0 Hyper Exp and 0:0 Buffer Time, Exhuastion is at 18:25.
    So how long is the cooldown to start another one? I had a similiar problem yesterday but after 30mins I could start another one, but after 30mins today I still can't start a new one.

Also, this has never happened to me till now b:cry

hypers.png

This is a bug that is very time consuming, I only play to level, can you sort this? b:surrender

Is the same thing for me, I can only activate one hyper session a day. >.<
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    I want it sorted by next patch so I can get level 100 without having to wait 17hours to use another hyper b:sad
  • Paimage - Harshlands
    Paimage - Harshlands Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have been having this prob too but it only started yesterday; I hope the prob can b solved asap.
  • Acky - Harshlands
    Acky - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    sure would be a great thing if you could do more than one hyper session a day like with training esotericas. hehe
    ..patiently waiting for fashion made for White Tigers to become available in the pwi boutique...
  • Swaze - Sanctuary
    Swaze - Sanctuary Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have had this "bug" occur to me more than once. After multiple trials and recording times, I have come to the conclusion that the hyper exp "clock" does not coincide with the server's "clock".

Server resets everyday at 12:00 AM, so naturally you would assume that the hyper exp would as well. However, this does not seem to be the case.

Today, I had my hyper time and buffer time depleted from the day prior. So, I tried to restart a hyper session at 3:59 PM server time. It gave me that annoying error message about how I couldn't start another hyper session yadayada. Right when my desktop clock hit 4:00 PM server time, SHAZAM, it worked.

Conclusion: Hyper "days" are reseted at 4:00 PM servertime, NOT 24 hr times NOR server resets (explaining how we can accumalte buffer and exhaustion time)

p.s. : nothing is concrete but this seemed to hold true everytime I did hyper sessions on back to back days.
    1st sage assassin in sanctuary. That's right, I jumped in with my eyes half closed. b:cute
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Either way this bug is annoying, also..PW is losing cash for this small thing, dont have to buy as much hypers per day lol ;x

I want it fixed asap though b:angry
  • dionysus007
    dionysus007 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This is not acceptable. It needs to be fixed already.b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • quiv
    quiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ok im sure myself and some other people have seen this message;

When there is remaining Hyper Exp left in the session, you can not start another Hyper Exp session. You may only start 1 Hyper Exp session per day.

Ok so I have 0:0 Hyper Exp and 0:0 Buffer Time, Exhuastion is at 18:25.
    So how long is the cooldown to start another one? I had a similiar problem yesterday but after 30mins I could start another one, but after 30mins today I still can't start a new one.

Also, this has never happened to me till now b:cry

This is a bug that is very time consuming, I only play to level, can you sort this? b:surrender

same... i've used this hyper exp alot.. and never had this problem until now... it is seriously annoying... when u pay to use a feature of the game... it would be nice to use it when u want to b:angry

even more annoying.. is when u hit the GM buttom.. it takes u to a form online to fill out b:angry

at least on the pw-my server.. u hit the GM button.. eventually a GM will pm u... to tell u they cant help u in broken english...
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    quiv wrote: »
    same... i've used this hyper exp alot.. and never had this problem until now... it is seriously annoying... when u pay to use a feature of the game... it would be nice to use it when u want to b:angry

even more annoying.. is when u hit the GM buttom.. it takes u to a form online to fill out b:angry

at least on the pw-my server.. u hit the GM button.. eventually a GM will pm u... to tell u they cant help u in broken english...

Aww lol, wonder if it'll be fixed by next patch ? b:dirty
  • Nyvia - Harshlands
    Nyvia - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I feel your pain. I haven't been able to use Hyper Stones for almost a week now. All timers are at zero and I definitely have more than enough stones (I as well thought they were messed up so I continued to purchase more).

Someone....please....fix this.
  • Bludd - Harshlands
    Bludd - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Bump

No answer yet?!? Please let us know something already.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Bump

No answer yet?!? Please let us know something already.

There is no need to bump topics.

And it sounds like a problem with the code, so really, the GMs cannot do anything about that, except make sure it gets to the devs and ask them to fix it.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Lolomgwtfbbq - Lost City
    Lolomgwtfbbq - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    keep this topic bumped until they give an answer becuz i also want ot know how to break 1k hours stack like the said when hypers first arrived most ive had stack was 43 hours then got the samething afterusing three back to back in a row can only use once a day b:shutupb:angryb:surrender
  • Nyvia - Harshlands
    Nyvia - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Bump.

This has lasted long enough.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    god damn people! abuse the hyper exp much? that or some of you are useing it very inefficiently. are you useing these things on regular mobs to grind on? i wish i had money to blow like that. anyways, i thought this topic would be about how it does NOT actually give you the exp it says it does. it gives you a hell of a lot yes but not x12. and it also doesnt stack with the mijis like it says it does. id much rather have an answer to that
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    WOW @ OP....from reading the first page did i get that u went from 96-99 in less than a week?? crazy damn!
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    god damn people! abuse the hyper exp much? that or some of you are useing it very inefficiently. are you useing these things on regular mobs to grind on? i wish i had money to blow like that. anyways, i thought this topic would be about how it does NOT actually give you the exp it says it does. it gives you a hell of a lot yes but not x12. and it also doesnt stack with the mijis like it says it does. id much rather have an answer to that

b:question

It's given around x12 to me. Also, it DOES stack with the "mijis", but probably not in the way you think.

"Stacking" in this game is done on an additive basis instead of a multiplicitive one. You were probably expecting an EXP rate along the line of:

12x (Hyper EXP) * 1.5x (Training Esoterica) = 18x (Total EXP Bonus)

However, that is not the case, as the multiplication is applied to the BASE EXP first, then added together. In reality, the "stacked" EXP rate is:

12x (Hyper EXP) + 1.5x (Training Esoterica) = 12.5x (Total EXP Bonus)

Why 12.5 instead of the supposed "13.5" you'd get with just normal math? Because that 1.5 is actually a mutliplier of the BASE value, meaning the exp rate is multiplied by 150%. The same can be said for the Hyper EXP, where you can subtract 1 unit from that value to get the actual multiplied EXP rate. In other words, Hyper EXP x12 only gives 11 times the exp, and when stacked with Esotericas, 11.5x EXP.

...this is all just theoretical math, though. The additive stacking is 100% true, but the exact math on the rates is my own theory (it does seem to hold water though, as it matches your statements to the T).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    WOW @ OP....from reading the first page did i get that u went from 96-99 in less than a week?? crazy damn!

he blows tons of quid in the game lulz.

It's given around x12 to me. Also, it DOES stack with the "mijis", but probably not in the way you think.

"Stacking" in this game is done on an additive basis instead of a multiplicitive one. You were probably expecting an EXP rate along the line of:

However, that is not the case, as the multiplication is applied to the BASE EXP first, then added together. In reality, the "stacked" EXP rate is:

Why 12.5 instead of the supposed "13.5" you'd get with just normal math? Because that 1.5 is actually a mutliplier of the BASE value, meaning the exp rate is multiplied by 150%. The same can be said for the Hyper EXP, where you can subtract 1 unit from that value to get the actual multiplied EXP rate. In other words, Hyper EXP x12 only gives 11 times the exp, and when stacked with Esotericas, 11.5x EXP.

...this is all just theoretical math, though. The additive stacking is 100% true, but the exact math on the rates is my own theory (it does seem to hold water though, as it matches your statements to the T).

/ enuff said. *uninstalls the game* *cuts wrists after* b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010

The additive stacking is exactly that, and it would make sense that a x12 session of Hyper EXP only actually gives you eleven times the amount of base EXP you would get. At least, given that they probably have the same coding save for the actual increase in EXP, it makes sense.

I also don't care about this Hyper stacking problem. =3 I tend to just wait until a whole session, Hyper, Buffer and Exhaustion is expired before I start another.
    [Typically because I use my Hyper during Frost and as I don't get into Frost runs as often as I'd like, buffer and exhaustion both run out before all my hyper does.]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    he blows tons of quid in the game lulz.

/ enuff said. *uninstalls the game* *cuts wrists after* b:bye

b:laugh Bai-bai! ^^;
    The additive stacking is exactly that, and it would make sense that a x12 session of Hyper EXP only actually gives you eleven times the amount of base EXP you would get. At least, given that they probably have the same coding save for the actual increase in EXP, it makes sense.

I also don't care about this Hyper stacking problem. =3 I tend to just wait until a whole session, Hyper, Buffer and Exhaustion is expired before I start another.
    [Typically because I use my Hyper during Frost and as I don't get into Frost runs as often as I'd like, buffer and exhaustion both run out before all my hyper does.]

Yeah, that happens to me, too. I held onto my Hyper for about a week before I could do Frost again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2010

i was talkin about this to a friend in game and he told me exactly what you just did. so i was on my way here to correct myself :)
    edited March 2010
    i was talkin about this to a friend in game and he told me exactly what you just did. so i was on my way here to correct myself :)

b:victory

No worries.

As much as I'd love 18x EXP, myself...there's gotta be a limit somewhere...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.