Changes for the Clerics

Options

Comments

• palpdaddy
    palpdaddy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Prove it.

Mayb I shld tell you now that I was being sarcastic and obviously I'm not the original game Dev.

No developer in the world is that un-professional, guy. God.
  • palpdaddy
    palpdaddy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You a Developer, don't make me laugh. You're a bigger idiot than the idiots. Get a life. I'm done with you imbecile

You'll be one of the gamers buying my title that comes out this year for the PC. Lmao!

Good night boys and girls....and "tards."
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    palpdaddy wrote: »

Hello pot, this is the kettle calling. So I heard you were black...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
  • Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

I agree... only about you.... you claim to be a professional... but look at your posts... full of slander and flame....
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

The pot calling the kettle black.Go back to developing your game.I wish you luck on sales for the game.Not that it's gonna sell
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hello pot, this is the kettle calling. So I heard you were black...

I lol'd.

If I was a mod I would close this b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You'll be one of the gamers buying my title that comes out this year for the PC. Lmao!

I won't,I'll flame about how fail it is on ur forums anonymously,under the pretence of being a game Dev of another game.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I lol'd.

If I was a mod I would close this b:surrender

If I was a mod I would find a GM to ban this guy.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What the hell has having a deep know at aggro mechanics as a game developer to do with your original problem, that you take aggro in squads?

I used to program as well, and can still do. How aggro works is simplistic, and a no-brainer to almost any smart person. There's an aggro list associated with every mob, of a player/NPC attacking it, and a value (how much hate). Every damage, or heal skill on someone which the mob 'hates', add same aggro value as amount of damage/heal you did. Unless some special skills have aggro modifiers, which is simply a multiplicative or additive value added to the result (mostly tank skills ofc, otherwise a low damage tank could never keep aggro in any MMO)

Mob always goes for the one top on the list (with most hate). If that person dies, it goes for 2nd etc. I can't believe some people really have hard time understanding how this simple aggro works, I've seen in game so many people doubting how and when would a mob 'reset' instead of going for rest of party, after aggroing 1 specific person. Or same for Shadow Escape, some people suggesting sins to never use it in parties cuz they go for the rest... guess what? Fushma ambushed me from behind while I was chatting, used Shadow Escape, and it went back instead of on rest of party cuz there was no 2nd person on his aggro list... But this isn't really the point of this topic, sorry. b:shutup

Now what you're having problems with, aggro stealing from a barb. It has nothing to do with how aggro mechanics work, only about the amount of aggro heals do compared to a tanks. But from what I saw and nobody complaining, it's fine. Good barbs can keep aggro from good clerics. You or the barb or even rest of party just fail at playing, accept it.

And from what I read of your next posts... wow you're either a childish spoiled kid who went into some rage mode after people don't agree and proved him wrong, ignoring people's posts and only taking short sentences to insult, or you're doing this on purpose being bored: spamming, insulting and annoying others. aka trolling.

What I expect right now is you either to completely ignore my post, or comment only on my last paragraph (except this... which is obvious to anyone but not sure with you anymore >.>)
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What the hell has having a deep know at aggro mechanics as a game developer to do with your original problem, that you take aggro in squads?

I used to program as well, and can still do. How aggro works is simplistic, and a no-brainer to almost any smart person. There's an aggro list associated with every mob, of a player/NPC attacking it, and a value (how much hate). Every damage, or heal skill on someone which the mob 'hates', add same aggro value as amount of damage/heal you did. Unless some special skills have aggro modifiers, which is simply a multiplicative or additive value added to the result (mostly tank skills ofc, otherwise a low damage tank could never keep aggro in any MMO)

Mob always goes for the one top on the list (with most hate). If that person dies, it goes for 2nd etc. I can't believe some people really have hard time understanding how this simple aggro works, I've seen in game so many people doubting how and when would a mob 'reset' instead of going for rest of party, after aggroing 1 specific person. Or same for Shadow Escape, some people suggesting sins to never use it in parties cuz they go for the rest... guess what? Fushma ambushed me from behind while I was chatting, used Shadow Escape, and it went back instead of on rest of party cuz there was no 2nd person on his aggro list... But this isn't really the point of this topic, sorry. b:shutup

Now what you're having problems with, aggro stealing from a barb. It has nothing to do with how aggro mechanics work, only about the amount of aggro heals do compared to a tanks. But from what I saw and nobody complaining, it's fine. Good barbs can keep aggro from good clerics. You or the barb or even rest of party just fail at playing, accept it.

And from what I read of your next posts... wow you're either a childish spoiled kid who went into some rage mode after people don't agree and proved him wrong, ignoring people's posts and only taking short sentences to insult, or you're doing this on purpose being bored: spamming, insulting and annoying others. aka trolling.

What I expect right now is you either to completely ignore my post, or comment only on my last paragraph (except this... which is obvious to anyone but not sure with you anymore >.>)

1.He's gonna say your programming is fail
    2.He's gonna say your experience cannot match his
    3.He's gonna just give 1-liners to prove how "smart" he is.Best part:He has no proof

edit:i dont believe some1 with 130 IQ took 20 years to learn and master this
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Sorry, but you Voice of Reason won't reach this one. For he is using the fabled Earplugs of Ignorance. These wonderful little items prevent a person from hearing any kind of logic, reasoning, explanations, facts, or common sense. His have even been upgraded to the point that they even shield his eyes from posts that argue against him and prove without a doubt that he is the one that is wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sorry, but you Voice of Reason won't reach this one. For he is using the fabled Earplugs of Ignorance. These wonderful little items prevent a person from hearing any kind of logic, reasoning, explanations, facts, or common sense. His have even been upgraded to the point that they even shield his eyes from posts that argue against him and prove without a doubt that he is the one that is wrong.

I think u forgot the Helm Of Idiocy And Kiddish-ness
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Btw for those that still wonder about Veno luring or if it's a glitch or bug that now became too common to fix, it is neither glitch nor bug. At least not a PWI-exclusive kind of bug. It was probably found out by someone who knew how aggro works as well. You send pet into a crowd of mobs, all jump on it because it is inside their attack radius, but pet doesn't have aggro on anyone atm. Pet attacks 1 target, then disappears. All mobs reset, having nothing to attack anymore inside their attack radius, but this one mob who has pet on hate list because of pet attacking it, still would go to chase pet. But since pet is nowhere to be found (unsummoned), it goes for its master instead.

Only thing that I don't know 100% how it works in this game, since it varies from game to game, is how the "attack by being too close" stuff works. It doesn't generate aggro, it's a special attack kind of attack and not by being on top of hate list. In most games a mob chasing some random player into a crowd and killing its target, mob would reset afterward. But in this other game, mob would instead then attack closest player (after killing previous one). It's nothing special just doing the "check close targets to attack" function run after clearing hate list, but it still does a big difference.

I have to test this in this game sometime. If mob resets after clearing its hate list, great. If not, avoid using Shadow Escape when you fail-pulled a boss by mistake and it is near crowd, it will go for closest person afterward, and then blame you on their death lol. Just make sure nobody is in boss's 'attack range' in this case.

Sorry for being off-topic but this is informative for those that wonder how aggro works or if Veno pulling and similar stuff is a glitch. Not that this topic has any importance anymore with this troll and would probably end up closed soon anyway.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Asheera,thank you for explaining what the OP couldnt cared to explain.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What an interesting thread :D
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ^^yes this is an interesting thread, I got alot of laughs. kinda skipped the last 2 pages though.
    IQ only goes to 140 and mine is 130. And I find it hard to believe you're a Game Developer, because developer for starters, don't get in to text fights with a user who is suggesting things for the game.

but on a note on this there is no limit to IQ since IQ is all base on percentages. And it's technically based off of global population. so since average intelligence should always be based at 100, someone with an IQ of 100 is in the 50th percentile. then it goes down from there so since to legally be a genius you need to be in top .5th percentile, your IQ must be 144+ (guess that means no genius's in the world eh) . now since the percentiles are based off of population. the max is at the percentage of smartest person out of the world. so approximately 1/7,000,000,000. which puts IQ tops at between 200-201. but a few years back they actually had an 8 year old get and IQ score of 202, and It was quite an uproar over it, since there would need to be 16 billion people on the earth for an IQ of 202 to exist. so the 8 year old had to settle for an IQ of 200. Oh and either way IQ scores are horribly inaccurate since they haven't reset average intelligence to 100, so the average persons IQ is 115. which really throws big problems into IQ's.

Edit: also wanted to add, I completely agree with you aggro mechanics are way off in this game. I mean if I were a mob and a barb started attacking me, I'd attack the barb. but once I see that there is a cleric healing the barb, I wouldn't care jack s*** about the barb. I'd go and take out that cleric. so really they should have it so heals are automatic aggro pulls.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Edit: also wanted to add, I completely agree with you aggro mechanics are way off in this game. I mean if I were a mob and a barb started attacking me, I'd attack the barb. but once I see that there is a cleric healing the barb, I wouldn't care jack s*** about the barb. I'd go and take out that cleric. so really they should have it so heals are automatic aggro pulls.

Same thing here, but then i think about the name of the barb agro skill.
    Flesh Ream

Sounds a little uncomfortable no?

Maybe the only reason the mob isn't attacking the cleric is because the tiger just took a chunk out of his leg and he's super pissed about itb:chuckle

P.S ~ Oh and OP is fail/troll/fail-troll/fail-developer. Btw I'm sure the only game he's ever developed(if he even has) was a crappy version of Asteroids.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Irrianna - Harshlands
    Irrianna - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    if i was a mob i would attack on the first thing who aggro me. i think the mobs cannot choose which ppl will kill from the squad (if that can happend no one will be sure on what the mob or the boss will do)
    also the bosses take lots of attacks at the same time but still they hit 1 person only: the tanker who has attack first. as for the clerics who steal aggro 1 thing can do before start healing:make sure that the barb hold the aggro (sometimes when im on my cleric i ask the tanker if is ok to start heal now cuz im not sure especially when the boss aoe)
    is all about techinque.
  • Alliptica - Lost City
    Alliptica - Lost City Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wow...this is a total flame war
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What flame war!

b:laugh
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    why this topic is so long? o0

(sry, didnt bother to read)

@OP

taunt skills which u want to be implemented are here already - Flesh Realm (single) Roar (aoe) Alpha Male (aoe). They re-draw aggro immidiately after use and they work quite fine.

end of topic
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Irrianna - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    someone lock it pls
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ._. Wow i wrote such a long response explaining to the OP how it works & how to prevent heal agro & such, but then put wrong symbols in the very beginning & the entire text was removed... W/e I'm too bummed to retype QQ
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    obvious troll is obvious, learn to control your attacks, or go back to your easy peasy old game u referred to.

You have 9x+ clerics telling you that your wrong, no one is agreeing with you, troll elsewhere.

bai.
  • Azus - Heavens Tear
    Azus - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You have been told by other clerics, and I'm a cleric.

There is no balance problem.

Obvious troll is OBVIOUS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"While it is good to have an end to journey toward, it is the journey that matters the most in the end"
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Lol at this thread and the OP

I play a barb and I don't even lose arggo to DDs at least 20 LVLs higher than me. But I never lost arggo from a healer before as a barb b:laugh.

Apparently that barb needs to learn how to use roar/flesh ream/devour properly. I really think its YOUR fault for healing that barb too early.

Here is a little tip for you

Taunt skills > amounts of damage > heals > range

starting how close your range is, you'll arggo. If a cleric or wizard or physic heals, they will arggo the one that got detected. If you deal good amount of damage, you take arggo from the detected or the one that heals. Taunt skills take arggo from damage, heals and detection.

Taunt skills increases the most threat level, THEN follows onto damage over time.

If you ignore this... then your a serious idiot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • wrathmonger
    wrathmonger Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Um, heard of flesh ream? Roar? Alpha male? All barb skills that increase the user's aggro. Except for the last one, which is actually a genie skill that does the exact same thing. Trust me, if you've been dying in dungeons, you need to find a new tank.
  • Irrianna - Harshlands
    edited March 2010
    Options
    there is no point to continue this i think the OP is trolling.
    so many days has passed and he didnt answer.
    this what trolls do right? b:puzzled
  • Aseroth - Heavens Tear
    Aseroth - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    idk wat u guys r saying but if u make the cleric nearly invincable there wont be any fun in even being 1 right? i mean clerics r healers and thats that.

taking the fun out of being a cleric with the chalanges we face is just stupid.

i should know my main is a cleric.

ppl used to tell me the only thing a cleric is good for is healing but thats not true.

the cleric is probably the most powerfull race in pw.

we clerics play the most important role.

we have elite healing capabilities and fighting styles on the side so wats the matter?

if u change the cleric pw will never be the same again.

the traditional cleric is wat makes the pw world go round dont u get it yet?
  • Aseroth - Heavens Tear
    Aseroth - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    idk wat u guys r saying but if u make the cleric nearly invincable there wont be any fun in even being 1 right? i mean clerics r healers and thats that.

taking the fun out of being a cleric with the chalanges we face is just stupid.

i should know my main is a cleric.

ppl used to tell me the only thing a cleric is good for is healing but thats not true.

the cleric is probably the most powerfull race in pw.

we clerics play the most important role.

we have elite healing capabilities and fighting styles on the side so wats the matter?

if u change the cleric pw will never be the same again.

the traditional cleric is wat makes the pw world go round dont u get it yet?
    i am fox face