What makes wizards so strong?

Options
gammazare
gammazare Posts: 54 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Wizard
I heard that wizards can potentially hit loads, im just wondering, is there any spell or weapon they use to hit that much?
Post edited by gammazare on

Comments

• Magical_Orgy - Lost City
    Magical_Orgy - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Level 99 Sage Wizard is what everyone dreams of as they start. Black Ice Dragon Strike Can one shot most classes And Blade Tempest can one shot arcane users
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    gammazare wrote: »
    I heard that wizards can potentially hit loads, im just wondering, is there any spell or weapon they use to hit that much?
    It's in spells coefficient. As you have better and better weapon with higher and higher damage+ refines your output damage is raised exponentially. Thanks to spell definition. Check wizard spell definitions and you will see huge damage increased. For example 500% of weapon damage + basic damage + spell damage like 15000. etc. And also it's game mechanics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Level 99 Sage Wizard is what everyone dreams of as they start. Black Ice Dragon Strike Can one shot most classes And Blade Tempest can one shot arcane users

No. You only think that because 99% of the wizards that post in this forum are sages. I asked one of my friends (lvl 101 demon wiz) why he (and other demon wizzes) don't post on forums.

His reply? "Because we're too busy owning (actually i forgot the verb he used) stuff"

So yeah. If you just look at forum posts, ofc you're going to be biased towards sage. Because we dominate wiz forums eh?
  • Xegeth - Dreamweaver
    Xegeth - Dreamweaver Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sounds like wizzard or Zeratul talking, fizzy. b:chuckle But yea, for me it was a real close decision if I should go sage or demon, because there are a lot of great demon moves as well. But now that I got my +10 wand in combination with sage bids, I feel it was the right decision, especially for TW. I am really excited about today, see if we can tear off some pieces of the big red... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sounds like wizzard or Zeratul talking, fizzy. b:chuckle But yea, for me it was a real close decision if I should go sage or demon, because there are a lot of great demon moves as well. But now that I got my +10 wand in combination with sage bids, I feel it was the right decision, especially for TW. I am really excited about today, see if we can tear off some pieces of the big red... b:victory

Gratz. My purgatory is just +8 and I don't have BIDS yet.b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maikole - Raging Tide
    Maikole - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    gammazare wrote: »

The hardest spells are the ice dragon and the mountain seize. Blade tempest isn't as hard hitting but because it does physical damage and arcane armors have low hp and very low physical def. it's still enough to be considered a one shooter.

What makes a wizard strong is their middle spells. Sandstorm, Glacial snare, Divine pyro and the firebird. All these hit very hard (even one is enough to take 30% out of some players) don't require chi and fired in a short time (sutra combo) can take down any class (even barbs).

As for weapons - wizard can hit hard even without a great weapon. But any +90 magic weapon will hit pretty hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Official embracer of venos on Raging Tide!b:pleased

Switching to Lost City. Inactive.
  • Magical_Orgy - Lost City
    Magical_Orgy - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    No. You only think that because 99% of the wizards that post in this forum are sages. I asked one of my friends (lvl 101 demon wiz) why he (and other demon wizzes) don't post on forums.

His reply? "Because we're too busy owning (actually i forgot the verb he used) stuff"

So yeah. If you just look at forum posts, ofc you're going to be biased towards sage. Because we dominate wiz forums eh?

I never stated what side was stronger or that demon was anything less. I gave my opinion, which a reply to a post is about, right. It is his job to view others opinions and decide for themselves.
  • Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear
    Arma_Geddon - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Sage ftw...
    The doctor will see you now.
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's our high magical attacks, as we're basically glass cannons. And for the record, I'm going demon. >_>
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's our high magical attacks, as we're basically glass cannons. And for the record, I'm going demon. >_>

ewwwww
    10chars
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What makes mages strong endgame:

Best defense and attack power in game combined with distance shrink + range = survivability and killing power

What makes mages weak endgame:

Lowest hp in game combined with little to no crowd control (stuns, sleep, etc) and no stun immunity skills except for pots/genie. Even going demon only helps CC slightly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What makes mages strong endgame:

Best defense and attack power in game combined with distance shrink + range = survivability and killing power

Lowest hp in game combined with little to no crowd control (stuns, sleep, etc) and no stun immunity skills except for pots/genie. Even going demon only helps CC slightly.

purge.

(and no defense skills except like maybe elemental shell but seriously not gonna save you from jack sht haha)
  • Miseri - Dreamweaver
    Miseri - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I wonder are we sage mages more prone to be in the forums cus our name, denotes a certain air of learning and advice giving , and demon denotes, well raising hell and what not b:pleasedb:pleased
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    1. One shot other people (really one shot with warsoul)
    2. Teleport (blink)
    3. Mage with high defense

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • brownflamer
    brownflamer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Well they can atleast post some GOOD vids about them owning b:surrender

Or at least they can just come here and write about how they own...share their experiences or something like that b:victory
    PS......I'm half-joking b:mischievous
  • Zaelmith - Sanctuary
    Zaelmith - Sanctuary Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I wonder are we sage mages more prone to be in the forums cus our name, denotes a certain air of learning and advice giving , and demon denotes, well raising hell and what not b:pleasedb:pleased

was just thinking of that lol b:chuckle
  • _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear
    _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    wiz must be sage. demon it's a waste :P
    Ice dragon sage <3<3<3
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's in spells coefficient. As you have better and better weapon with higher and higher damage+ refines your output damage is raised exponentially. Thanks to spell definition. Check wizard spell definitions and you will see huge damage increased. For example 500% of weapon damage + basic damage + spell damage like 15000. etc. And also it's game mechanics.
    ^Basically all this. And as was mentioned, even without high refines and magic stones, Wizards on a whole were meant to be the strongest dmgers, all based on the skills they have. I mean, why not make Clerics have skills that do base dmg + 1000% wep damge + 100000 extra dmg with e.g. plume shot? xD
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Lorsis - Lost City
    Lorsis - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Don't listen to all those **** tards, wizards hit like ****, weapon plus doesn't matter at all. Difference between snare with +2 and +9 wand is 200. And don't even start talking about sage masteries, they'd add 10 dmg more which is a joke. Without cash shopping you'll be able to get like 5.5k hp. thats 1 true emptiness with dragon, 1 perdition, 1 take aim crit, 3 sec if you get nixed by good veno, 2 sec with a sin, 0.8 sec in duel with zerhee (gg 5 hits per sec). You will do 4-8 k criticals, its not enough to hurt a baby nowadays, you may think we have sutra, thats instant kill. Let me tell you something. Absolute domain, ballance. K thx bai.
    Be like elayne or ehee or roll another class.
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Difference between snare with +2 and +9 wand is 200. And don't even start talking about sage masteries, they'd add 10 dmg more which is a joke.

I cannot believe how HUGE BS can somebody write. b:angry
    Hopefully it was just joke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brownflamer
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Don't listen to all those **** tards, wizards hit like ****, weapon plus doesn't matter at all. Difference between snare with +2 and +9 wand is 200. And don't even start talking about sage masteries, they'd add 10 dmg more which is a joke. Without cash shopping you'll be able to get like 5.5k hp. thats 1 true emptiness with dragon, 1 perdition, 1 take aim crit, 3 sec if you get nixed by good veno, 2 sec with a sin, 0.8 sec in duel with zerhee (gg 5 hits per sec). You will do 4-8 k criticals, its not enough to hurt a baby nowadays, you may think we have sutra, thats instant kill. Let me tell you something. Absolute domain, ballance. K thx bai.

Who is this Elayne btw...

I always see that name popping up...

Was he/she a really pro wiz?(how so?)

Did he/she go sage/demon?
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Who is this Elayne btw...

I always see that name popping up...

Was he/she a really pro wiz?(how so?)

Did he/she go sage/demon?

Elayne is 102 mage. She has nirvana armor and nirvana G15 weapon. We all can have same gear it take just time. Also her wand G15 is not very good what I saw picture. Maybe she changed it already. She got bad add on on weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brownflamer
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Elayne is 102 mage. She has nirvana armor and nirvana G15 weapon. We all can have same gear it take just time. Also her wand G15 is not very good what I saw picture. Maybe she changed it already. She got bad add on on weapon.

K thnx for replyingb:laugh

But why was that guy saying that we should all be like elayne?
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    skills.
    One She/he's one of the skilled wizards in this game.
    A lot of nooblets got to high lvls with wizards, and based on the forum reading they were hoping for a faceroll-keyboard-1shot-on-everyone char. Truth is, that's not that easy to achieve and takes skill + overall class knowledge to be able to pull that kind of stunt.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brownflamer
    edited March 2010
    Options
    skills.
    One She/he's one of the skilled wizards in this game.
    A lot of nooblets got to high lvls with wizards, and based on the forum reading they were hoping for a faceroll-keyboard-1shot-on-everyone char. Truth is, that's not that easy to achieve and takes skill + overall class knowledge to be able to pull that kind of stunt.

Did she quit the gameb:question

And did she go sage/demon

And lol sorry..for asking so many questionsb:laugh
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Did she quit the gameb:question

And did she go sage/demon

And lol sorry..for asking so many questionsb:laugh

I have no idea. She is not in my server. sorry.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brownflamer
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have no idea. She is not in my server. sorry.b:surrender

No probb:mischievous

But this elayne seems to have some legendry status on these streetsb:cool
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Elayne is demon
    she didnt quit the last time i checked
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Myriad_ - Lost City
    Myriad_ - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Elayne and ehee are both demons. Ehee has rank8+11 last time i saw her lol.
    Maybe demon is for the pros b:chuckle
  • Xulin - Harshlands
    Xulin - Harshlands Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Demon is the usual choice in PW.

Sage is more popular on PWI for some reason.

Undine makes wizards the highest skill damage in the game btw.
This discussion has been closed.