Dont have anymore patience to be cleric

Options

Comments

• StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Playing a cleric isn't that hard.. You just have to know how to play it. True, we are squishy, but we can heal ourselves, we can slow down the target and we have seals.
    I also put some points into vit so i can survive a bit longer. And guides are usefull, but you have to create your own playing style because some people can't play exactly how a guide says to play (like me, i don't follow the 'cleric-playing-rules' but me and my squadmates still survive ^^)).

Good luck ^^
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • thunde88
    thunde88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Cleric is not hard, but you cant stand still and wait till the monster hit you.

I have died 1 time from lvl 1-37. And that was in a fail squad in fb29.

If you go 1 str 9mag, you need to add some citrine gems to your armor. I have 13 vit (from gear), and 1.2k hp from gems.

Only problem is that i cant attack monster so much in squad bc my plumeshot/cyclone is to strong.

You should make some focus powders and healing powders too.
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^ agreed

Honestly I don't know how anyone really has any trouble with any class... cleric is very easy to solo with, the only time I had problems in the 50's with the tourac mobs. other then that I found the cleric to be mostly a cakewalk.

Oh my God yes. D: I HATE the Taurocs. Once my LC cleric is 59 and I get Tempest, I'm going back and nuking every single one of them.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LA build FTW, I'm only lvl 11, but have yet to come down to less than 1/4 hp. Clerics are pretty beast :)

LA is only good until about lv 20. After that, robes are the way to go.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Dractonis - Lost City
    Dractonis - Lost City Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The only time my cleric died <29 was when she was ganked o,O

She's equipped with much more defensive moves to survive than my archer was, who died a lot more b:sad
  • Lyneris - Lost City
    Lyneris - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    omg another post after drakey b:angry darkedge forum war ROAR

I remember having trouble with my quests lvl 50+, which is one of the main reasons I probably have over 40+ quests waiting to be done in my 'available quests' list. idk but when i was around 50 ish I did pretty sad damage imo, and i was waaay too lazy to spam ironheart before b:chuckle

Now at 60+ its a lot easier :P i don't have to spam ironheart, only wellspring once after a mob :)

and yes i am soooo laaaazy >> anyone who knew me for a long time can tell u that lol (was around 40+ when drakey was 30+ b:surrender)
  • Lynore - Sanctuary
    Lynore - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yup, cleric fails massively! Only can heal buff or revive, when comes to Pvp all classes can one shot him, low Hp poor resistance, plume shell is also fail, if dueling someone strong, he takes my 6.2k!!! Mana in 4 seconds and not able to use skills, what the f*ck is this a fairy elf? How many cleric's in PK do you see? You always end up at being someone's slave b*itch, and don't reply to me with ''all squads needs cleric'' im talking about Pvp, if you try to be mean or dont heal in squad trying to defense yourself, they will kick you and find another. Wizards can heal too.
  • _xXRoXaSXx_ - Heavens Tear
    _xXRoXaSXx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    well clerics aren't as squishy if you know what to do and when to do it

if you're dying alot use your plume shell and use IH before fighting. dont forget to use pots while plume shell is in use

and if you're saying its hard as a cleric and your lvl 29, wait till you can do bh.

and you're putting 1 str 9 mag, what can you expect? you're build is strong but very squishy, i'd say you should add vit in your build for at least some survivalbility.

also, try to up your defense buffs as much as you can, it makes the biggest difference.

i wouldn't say clerics are the squishiest, at least we can heal ourselves

Have fun if you decide to stay with your cleric

Yup, cleric fails massively! Only can heal buff or revive, when comes to Pvp all classes can one shot him, low Hp poor resistance, plume shell is also fail, if dueling someone strong, he takes my 6.2k!!! Mana in 4 seconds and not able to use skills, what the f*ck is this a fairy elf? How many cleric's in PK do you see? You always end up at being someone's slave b*itch, and don't reply to me with ''all squads needs cleric'' im talking about Pvp, if you try to be mean or dont heal in squad trying to defense yourself, they will kick you and find another. Wizards can heal too.

so what if a wizard can heal? its almost completley useless with how long it takes to heal and your tank will probably die before you can throw in 2 heals. PvP clerics are awesome if you know what to do and when to do it, and we are the healing class, we have low defense mostly because if we are in a squad we are not even supposed to be hit and it does happen occasianaly, but thats what heals are for and we all make mistakes, its what makes us better and stronger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roseddesor - Heavens Tear
    Roseddesor - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    sinead777 wrote: »
    I have tried every class and i have to say the clerics class is ridiculously hard to play and not at all entertaining as I had hoped. They have the worst defence and I cannot count the amt of times my cleric has died up to her level - 29. My psychic who is also supposed to be squishy has not died quarter as much.

Its ridiculous bout the way the clerics are created! And please dont tell me oh ive done this and that wrong. I did research i did the whole 1 str and 9 mag for every second level. some of her gear is still npc but there is some good gear there too. Ppl tell me i shud farm for mats to buy epic gear but i dont fancy holding back leveln for bout a whole month or more just to farm. Id rather watch paint dry.

I only use plume shot as my main attack right now and cyclone now and then and the ironheart blessing. I was advised to use the ironheart blessing as skill number 1 before hitn monster and to spam it on my cleric 2/3 times before using my plum shot AND to use hp pot while in the fight.

Now my cleric died 4 times in the space of 15 mins doing a normal quest. What is up with that? Or do you just have to have ridiculous patience to be cleric. Ive been so frustrated with this class that i have stopped playing to be honest.

Why make it ridiculously hard to play cleric?? On top of the abuse I see some clerics get off insensitive ppl in a party, they are the hardest class to play, I think the clerics shud be looked at properly..... My bf's level 72 veno pwned a 90+ cleric from a very strong faction... I mean come on!

Yeah I'll give yah that they are a challenge solo wise, but they come with there perks and without them this game would need a serious re-balancing. If you like to solo then don't be a Cleric, it's just going to drain your pocket book more and make you frustrated. Clerics should only be played by people who respect the class for what it is.
  • Lynore - Sanctuary
    Lynore - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i wont change my mind cleric is to weak for pk. If stunned you can watch him die as there is 0% of survival for cleric which is attacked.
  • Dractonis - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options

Wizards can one shot most things that breathe in this game a lot better than they can heal, I'd rather have them nuke someone threatening the squad than heal someone dying, tbh. They make mediocre healers and clerics can heal and support better than any other class out there. If you're aiding people in PvP it's understandable that you need to defend yourself, but your defense doesn't have to amount to offense in way of protecting yourself; that's an archer's forte. You're much more useful keeping your squad alive than you are taking down your opponents, imo, in the end the same result is achieved. That's not to say that clerics aren't good in PvP, I've met some very good players. However, I don't understand why so many clerics choose that class, and then complain about having to heal and not being allowed to DD, honestly there are better classes for that if that's all you want to be doing.
  • Dractonis - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i wont change my mind cleric is to weak for pk. If stunned you can watch him die as there is 0% of survival for cleric which is attacked.

PK isn't restricted to this one situation, this doesn't prove anything and it's pretty reasonable for any class to experience some difficulty when they're stunlocked and getting beat on b:sweat
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

LOL at the PvP sucks=Massive fail.And i just posted on his thread about him saying sins sucks and r squishy.

Most clerics after 90+ or 80+ have about 4k+hp and 7k~9k mana.I dont think thats pretty squishy when they have Plume Shell on with a charm.Pluem Shell isnt as fail as you think.it prevents the cleric from being 1-shotted unless you can burn off all his mana n hp with 1 atk.

and obviously u dont know the power of buffs/revive/heal since u're still low lvl.At end game that buff will make a big diff in the dmg u take and i'd like to see you run instances w/o a cleric and w/o ticking your charm so many times.Revive isnt just to minimize exp loss FYI,imagine if you die at the last BH boss u have to do.You'd have to run all the way back and ur squad will have to wait for u to get back.

Clerics are a hard class to play already,so stop saying they fail unless u can do better than them.

Edit:Cleric do have sleep u know.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yup, cleric fails massively! Only can heal buff or revive, when comes to Pvp all classes can one shot him, low Hp poor resistance,plume shell is also fail, if dueling someone strong, he takes my 6.2k!!! Mana in 4 seconds and not able to use skills, what the f*ck is this a fairy elf? How many cleric's in PK do you see? You always end up at being someone's slave b*itch, and don't reply to me with ''all squads needs cleric'' im talking about Pvp, if you try to be mean or dont heal in squad trying to defense yourself, they will kick you and find another. Wizards can heal too.

If you try to be mean to the cleric and give him/her hell of trouble,he/she will kick you or leave the squad and find another.

Ironic aint it.Clerics being someone's slave b*tch is not true.And why are u talking about PvE when u say u're talking bout PvP.

Hey,let's not have Barbs anymore.BMs can tank and hold aggro as easily as a barb.

edit:sorry for double post =P
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    PK isn't restricted to this one situation, this doesn't prove anything and it's pretty reasonable for any class to experience some difficulty when they're stunlocked and getting beat on b:sweat

I agree I would rather have Wizards do damage than heal with Morning Dew I can 5 IH off before that. .That makes my jop easier.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    hp pot while in the fight.
    Rofl.... Just.... LOL...
    Mp pot maybe... but hp pots for cleric... during normal questing... Lol... reroll a diff class... nothing can help if you're already dying so easily on such low lvls...
    For most arcane clases if they get stun locked before they can cast anything to protect themselves ure done for.
  • Ayainity - Heavens Tear
    Ayainity - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I was just like this person when I started but on Harshland. I rerolled my Cleric on HT and had so much more fun with cleric. I did learn everything I needed to know from the cleric forums which came is real handy, good and bad info. So I do enjoy the helping and healing when in squad. I loved my cleric way more soloing after Lv.44(wield Thunder)b:pleased. Must do what is fun for you though, for now and later endgame.
  • didi
    didi Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I haven't played all the class to conclude, but imo, cleric is the harderst but most fun class i've played. From my experience, i killed myself and others more then i have with my cleric then any other class, but when you get it right, its more fun then misery. b:victory

All class is hard at one point or another but i don't play clerics drunk in squade anymore b:surrender

No idea what pvp is like though.
  • Teeki - Dreamweaver
    Teeki - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    When I was a noob, the only reason I had difficulty leveling was because I leveled the wrong healing skill (Blessing of the Purehearted instead of Ironheart Blessing). Teeki is my main character, arcane build on a pve server and for me, the easiest class to play.

Some things I did to keep my character strong, level skills when I had enough coin and spirit, also keep her equipment as updated as possible. The other thing that helped was healing before whacking a mob. I would cast Ironheart Blessing between 1 and 3 times before attacking (3x for harder mobs). Also, I would reapply Ironheart during the battle if needed.

Example of what I cast: Ironheart Blessing, Great Cyclone, Wield Thunder (or Plume Shot), Great Cyclone, Plume Shot and Great Cyclone.

If by the end of that cycle the monster(s) isn't dead then I reapply Ironheart Blessing.

My character grew up in a faction filled with lots of clerics so I could always ask them what they would recommend in a particular situation. If that didn't work I could always look through the cleric forum for help b:laugh

P.S. Some points on Vitality never hurt either, or shard your armor with a few Citrine Gems b:victory
    Remember, some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5635101001&dateline=1240242729[/SIGPIC]
    Perfect World International, customer dissatisfaction is guarenteed.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wizards can one shot most things that breathe in this game a lot better than they can heal, I'd rather have them nuke someone threatening the squad than heal someone dying, tbh. They make mediocre healers and clerics can heal and support better than any other class out there.
    The only time I heal someone to keep them alive is when I have enough sparks for sutra, so the heal can be cast in a half a second. Just as a life saver, not to replace the healer. My heal is a lot stronger than a wellspring, so it'll give a bunch of HP in a short amount of time, since I can get it off 3-4 times within a 6 second sutra.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ivelliose - Harshlands
    Ivelliose - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wizards can heal? @_@

(sorry new, haha. And in the gaming world this is a highly unusual ability for a practitioner of the arcane)
  • Nieka - Harshlands
    Nieka - Harshlands Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Please dont whine because you suck at playing a class. your first prob. is your taking other peoples ideas and basically playing by there orders. to really understand how a class plays or what combos work FOR YOU, you have to play around with it. A cleric would never be killed by normal mobs unless there a higher lvl or there are far to many of them. I just started with demon so i can go in there and the lowest lvl mob ive found is 95 and i still can take them out without any problems. In pvp i stand my own ground with al the classes that are same lvl and some even higher, heck i killed a lvl 96 archer just yesterday. the most usefull attacks that we have are plume shot, wirlwing, and wield thunder.However, if you noticed all three have different channeling times so its vering easy to attack quickly if you use them together. i like to start out with wield thunder then go to wirl then plume then wirl or if you spark just use wirl and plume cause you get more attacks out during the time of the spark, but you have to play around to see what you like and what works. another thing that you have to look at is that armor although you may not want to farm Twilight Temple materials ( i would not use molds on a cleric for armor ,however, demon hearts ring a lvl 69 mold ring is something i would look into getting i still use it at 89) it is nessisary to build a good cleric. sharding and refining your gear is also something that you will have to look into. A good thing to do is start out about 10 lvl's before you need a gear set and find out what you need and get friends and faction members to help you get it. Its really not as hard as it looks trust me i just finished getting my TT90 Gold arcane gear.

Good Luck and keep playing
  • Kotasha - Dreamweaver
    Kotasha - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I have two clerics now that I play, and at first it was just for fun that I made one and it's become the character I play the most.
    The only time my cleric ever died was during a bad FB 39 run when we hit HerculeTrioc and that's only because we went in with only 4 in the squad so I don't think it was a total failure.

IMO, there's no reason at all why a cleric should die ever - even when soloing - any quest before level 40.

There is a lot of give & take with a cleric - for one, you need to decide if you want to be more of a squad player or a solo player when deciding which skills you want to level. My main cleric is all about healing and not so strong on DD, so pretty bad at soloing even mobs at the level that cleric is at.
    The reason why I rolled a second one was to see how I could do with focusing more on DD skills.

I love playing cleric and I think it takes a certain mindset to play one.

BTW, I think Thunderball is a useless skill - it takes too much time to channel and the only time it's really useful is for DoT if you can throw it in while in a squad. I'd rather max out plume shot and cyclone than to bother with it. I would skip that one altogether and go for Wield Thunder and Siren's Kiss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Perhaps try a different build ?

1 str 2 vit 7 mag or 1 str 3 vit 6 mag? NOT capping Vit at 50....
    Hello Astoru xP -Cleric from bh 79 with Failune(LA wiz)-
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Blosumm - Heavens Tear
    Blosumm - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lvling a Cleric is not harder or easier then any other class in PWI...I also have tried other classes..but at the end i see no real difference in lvling a class.i think you need a bit more patience, when you are around 50/60 its somewhat easier.b:bye
    hi from fur tv.b:laugh

Ed my comp is doing wierd b:sad, no***problem, im coming ..Ed my comp is not responding after your fixb:shocked...mmm thats just what i thoughtb:angry
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lvling a Cleric is not harder or easier then any other class in PWI...I also have tried other classes..but at the end i see no real difference in lvling a class.i think you need a bit more patience, when you are around 50/60 its somewhat easier.b:bye

I disagree. Lvling a barb was much more faster than my other chars (considering this is pre hype, mass-oracling) especially after +70 when gama, delta & all the FCCing stats.
  • abcyang
    abcyang Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    just a couple things....

Im level 79 and thunderball is level 1 I never use it

Kiting with cylcone is awesome, I have killed many bosses that others my level couldnt get by just doing the ol' hit and run.....

Using Plume Shell takes practise and saves my a.ss regularly

Even though I have high level in many skills my main combo is cyclone-plume-cyclone-plume with an ironheart or sparks used when necessary

Another combo for real hard buggers is IH-cyclone-plume-IH-IH-cyclone-plume-etc

I dont use wield thunder if I dont have to because its less efficient with mana then the cyclone and plume combo

I dont care about getting killed because I dont power level. By trying things that have gotten me killed, I have worked out good combo/survival skills. Its a good practise I think.... Dont worry about getting killed, levelling is so easy now with all the dailies that you need to build up sp and cash to get skills/armour etc - levelling aint required. I think a cleric without current level armour and skills is BAD.....

Apothecary skills are pretty essential - I have 15 different remedies; but Ill be investing a lot in yuanxiaos from here on I think.... Look carefully at what remedies you want and only farm those mats or youll run out of inventory space very quickly

There are a few guides telling u to keep purify at level 1. Mine is level 10 and is much better when the aoe monster de-buffs starting kicking around in dungeons.... or like Slitt - that mana drain de-buff sucks big time.....

I dont PVP and I still get killed pretty easily when someone PVP me - I have no hp shards and havent practised PVP so I can't advise you on that, but it seems correct genie skills are essential from what others have told me....

Thats all for now. I love playing the cleric still by the way... good luck....
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I wouldn't bother with thunderball but it is good on boss and those with increased life.I would though lvl up wield thunder and it good for some tough mobs and can also be used on bosses

We don't power lvl as we solo and getting killed does rob you of some valuable xp.When it comes to armour imho it is ok to use the same lvl even if you just got your new cultivation lvl.This is for pve only though pvp is a different story.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Healdou - Harshlands
    Healdou - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You are doing something wrong XD
    I died like twice... anyway keep with other characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Scarlettlady - Heavens Tear
    Scarlettlady - Heavens Tear Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Dont put 50 points in vit. Thats silly. 1 HP point - 10 HP. How many times do you think youll live with 10-20 HP per level. Now put those points on magic and heal yourself stronger. THATS a plan. Always start with cyclone. Slows the enemy down. Max your Iron Heart as fast as you can, use plume shell against phy mobs. Magic mobs wont hurt you. Get a physical belt instead of a magic belt, same with necky.

To the moron above, come play with the 90+ clerics on HT. We would love to put you back in your place. Matter of fact I had 2 nixs, BM, barb, and archer hitting me last night. Kited a wizzy for about 5 minutes with him losing.

I am full magic (less than 5K HP) 2.5K p def (unbuffed) and know how to use my skills and charms. I have a veno too. Much less fun in my opinion. At least healing a person their is a risk to the party. Healing herc by my self is meh.

Clerics are no ones "slaves". You want to run your BH well? you need a cleric, want to do FF? need a cleric, want to do tt/hh? need a cleric. Have your wizzy heal through polearm next time you think we are your slaves. And if you **** me off I don't leave, that lets you replace me. I sit right down as soon as you hit that boss, and watch us all die.

I use a mixture on my armor of citrines are garnets. I need the citrines because with no gear on I have less than 2K HP. And I use the garnets to keep my pdef up.

My final tip? Get a good genie. Earthquake saved me in my low levels, pushes the mobs off you. We are one of the only classes without a push back skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Where my Tao at, from the front to back.
    ScarlettLady - 101 - BACK IN ACTION
    Scalett - 78 - Mystic to the Gawds