VENOS: keep bramble to yourselves unless asked for it

Options

Comments

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    p.s. Thanks Airyll, you said it better than my semi drunk **** could. +111111111

lol

~S

Really? Because... I have always admired your way with words, drunk, sober or entirely smashed. XDDD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If you were on your psychic then just that one buff that makes them lose MP everytime they take damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wizzie then? Sorry, I'm a bit buzzed and the forum images are a little... unfocused lol.

~S

Np at all b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Really? Because... I have always admired your way with words, drunk, sober or entirely smashed. XDDD

I've been a bit more in my cups the last few days. I have some issue with my arm and even simple movements hurt a LOT. I hate taking narcotics (due to my past) so have been using an alternative pain killer (booze) to deaden the pain till I can get into the doctors and see what is actually going on. TBH, I dread coming back here in a couple days and going over what I have posted because I am not sure I am going to like it b:shocked

~S
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    On my Veno i cast on Barbs & BMs. I used to only cast it on the Tank, but after getting nagged enough, i started on the rest melees. Never has a melee been offended. Tho i have yet to on an assasin, might ask them first. i've never cast it on arcanes or archers & never will.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I've been a bit more in my cups the last few days. I have some issue with my arm and even simple movements hurt a LOT. I hate taking narcotics (due to my past) so have been using an alternative pain killer (booze) to deaden the pain till I can get into the doctors and see what is actually going on. TBH, I dread coming back here in a couple days and going over what I have posted because I am not sure I am going to like it b:shocked

~S

Oh damn, that sucks. =| Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon, that sounds like a pain. [OH HO HO, that pun couldn't have been any worse if I'd tried. Please don't kill me.] But yeah, seriously, hope things look up for you soon in that respect.

And in all honesty, you've seemed a little blunter than usual, but hey, it gets the point across. =D [I also highly enjoy reading you verbally violate idiots for stupidity, maybe because I have been in an absolutely foul mood lately and it's incredibly funny to see failure trolls get slapped across the face.]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    It's okay Venos...feel free to bramble me randomly. I like the little green circle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Oh damn, that sucks. =| Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon, that sounds like a pain. [OH HO HO, that pun couldn't have been any worse if I'd tried. Please don't kill me.] But yeah, seriously, hope things look up for you soon in that respect.

And in all honesty, you've seemed a little blunter than usual, but hey, it gets the point across. =D [I also highly enjoy reading you verbally violate idiots for stupidity, maybe because I have been in an absolutely foul mood lately and it's incredibly funny to see failure trolls get slapped across the face.]

Well, I can no longer raise my right arm level with my shoulder w/o being in excruciating pain. I am fairly certain that the actual issue is due to a long standing neck injury (slipped disk etc.) Sleeping is painful because I tend to sleep on my right side, and that causes a lot of pain as well. The muscles in my Triceps area are locked up as hard as a rock (much like a cramp) and when the pain hits, it radiates all the way down my arm into my forearm/wrist as well.

I have a fairly high tolerance for pain (I was stabbed in the lower abdomen once... it hurt but it didn't seem like a lot of pain to me) but this pain REALLY hurts a lot.

I've been 'politely put' not a very pleasant person to be around of late.

I will be glad when the doctor gives me something to ease it up, and tells me wth is wrong lol.

~S

*edit* Anyway, it is 3am here in Hawaii. I'mma go try and get me some sleep now that I am properly drunk and not feeling much if any pain. Night Ya'll.
  • Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear
    Sacredxstar - Heavens Tear Posts: 916 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Oh this poo again? I'm not sure if anyone mentioned earlier in this post since I didn't care to read after skimming the first page. Please refer to this thread: Click me.

And as a venomancer myself, I don't see any problem with casting bramble. But then again, I only do so for the tank and the other melee class in the party (except in TW, everyone gets it) since both of them at my level each tank a mob when doing runs.
    I call it how I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thanks Santacruz! :D
  • Arkana - Dreamweaver
    Arkana - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I know, when I play on my alts that can be annoying when venos brumble everyone b:lipcurl
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    people at your lvl are still casting bramble on the the enitre party? strange, i havent seen anyone do that in a long time.
    I cast on barb and bm, im not gonna wait for them to ask either. If the BM is too weak to take dmg, then he must suck something awful. A barb shouldnt never deny it, however i come across alot of barbs that use skills that cancel out my bramble and i end up having to rebuff him over and over. Which is no problem with me, its just alittle mana, anyone complaining about using mana needs to not ever party with me. (unless your a cleric, complain all you want as long as you keep freakin healing)
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Vorawrcious - Harshlands
    Vorawrcious - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I can kinda understand the cleric not wanting the buff but it really seems like a non issue. For anyone else in the suqad that range class its just a pretty green effect. If you getting mad about recieving a bramble buff, i say you are a bit too high strung.

As for tank getting bramble buff; im not sure if i like it or not. Some of those reflect buffs seem to turn you around and make you hit a mob again when you trying to switch target mob. That can be distracting, but that being said, im not going to get all worked up about it, cause i know in the end, its inflicting a bit more damage.

Also im not even sure its bramble that does this. Maybe is the bloodsuck buff. Anyone know what im talking about, where it forces you to turn around and hit mob before you totally switch target. A lot of people answer to everything is lag is problem. This is not a lag effect so save that answer.
  • Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear
    Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Venos are only ruining it for most MAG classes (ie clerics and psychics) when they decide to randomly cast their bramble all over the place.

I just had one of those issues, once again while grinding with my psychic, and was told very bluntly that bramble was the best way to get rid of us, as we do (clerics and psychics alike) steal aggro and more when brambled.

Hey, venos, you want to play that way? No problem. In that case, I hope you don't mind when we return the favour, either in cleric or psychic form, see how you like it in return.

Now go train your stupid pets in cube and leave us alone.

b:angry

I've yet to die from being brambled, and frankly, there is this amazing thing called communication. It's where you talk with people to let them know what you want. If that doesnt work, deal with it. You're dealing with a small percentage of venos, anyhow - as most are incredibly understanding. QQing and trashing all the venos just because you got a little booboo from bramble? -- pathetic
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Vorawrcious, I think that's an animation thing... your focus doesn't change when you're shown spinning around and hitting the other. Watch where the damage numbers are going up.

One time in TT, a veno told me I'd died at Drummer because I'd been brambled and gotten aggro... no, I'd died because my VERY squishy butt couldn't survive his AOE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • SeaBass - Lost City
    SeaBass - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LOL. I like going to 1k and finding some people who look like they are about to do rebirth, and then cast demon bramble on the wizzie, archer, and cleric :D
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    LOL. I like going to 1k and finding some people who look like they are about to do rebirth, and then cast demon bramble on the wizzie, archer, and cleric :D

I should try that one day. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Venos are only ruining it for most MAG classes (ie clerics and psychics) when they decide to randomly cast their bramble all over the place.

I just had one of those issues, once again while grinding with my psychic, and was told very bluntly that bramble was the best way to get rid of us, as we do (clerics and psychics alike) steal aggro and more when brambled.

Hey, venos, you want to play that way? No problem. In that case, I hope you don't mind when we return the favour, either in cleric or psychic form, see how you like it in return.

Now go train your stupid pets in cube and leave us alone.

b:angry
    sign of a true noob veno, just because it is a buff does not mean everyone wants it, people!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Can someone explain why this is even an issue during a grind session? I'm confused... =_=;;;
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    because its annoying to have a monster continually attacking you when somethings trying to take aggro back to prevent a death. ive seen some reflects hit for a couple thousand damage, which can be a pain in the ****
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    During an instance, certainly. But this topic was set off when ExELFine, while grinding on a Psy alt, was brambled by an ignorant Veno that thought (and stated as such) that by Brambling said Psy they could be rid of them (for whatever reason) because said Psy would then inexplicably draw lots and lots more aggro and die.

Now...I don't what it's like for other classes, but I've yet to be in a situation during a grind session where a Veno's come along and Brambled me and I've thought that it was such an issue that I had to sit and wait for the buff to wear off or face an increased risk of death. Especially since it only increases aggro if I take hits...

Hence my confusion at why this is such an issue that it needed to be voiced in such a manner.
  • Sinalee - Dreamweaver
    Sinalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    then explain em what the problem is so they don't do it again instead of just go like "f*** noob f*** off" -.- thats not constructive seriously. And again if u take agro from a tank u did too much dmg it wasn't the bramble who did that.

If they do it to annoy u plz oh plz tell em what a noob they are, but most of them think they do somethign right -.- ... its like when ppl shout at a low lvl cler with a low rez, just becuz he/she wanted to be nice and rez u ... THATS RESPECTLESS, and then its the person being respectless that is the noob.

If u keep on just yellign instead of nicly explaining, one day u will start QQing about venos NOT automatically brambling -.-
  • Gaijen - Sanctuary
    Gaijen - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    pfffft When I am solo grinding on any of my toons, I don't mind a good bramble. If a mob is gonna hit me, then he might as well get a bit of his own back. That little bit of reflected damage might save my ****.

b:victory Bramble me baby! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people are like Slinkies. They aren't really good for anything, but you can't help but smile when you see one falling down stairs. b:chuckle

Helpdesk: Double click on "My Computer"
    User: I can't see your computer.
    Helpdesk: No, double click on "My Computer" on your computer.
    User: Huh?
    Helpdesk: There is an icon on your computer labeled "My Computer". Double click on it.
    User: What's your computer doing on mine?
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    No reason to be rude to venos as a class because of some players that can't perform in their role. I have never brambled a Cleric. I always bramble Barb, BM, it's their job after all, and myself. I'll ask sins or archers if they end up doing a lot of melee tanking. Everyone else needs to ask for it if they want it.

I'll agree just brambling everyone in a squad is a noobish thing for a veno to do.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    As a veno, I get pissed about being brambled. I can bramble myself if I wanted it. I can certainly understand veno hate. 9 out of 10 I squad with are lazy wastes of squad space when they should be the most valuable class if not close to.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    As a veno, I get pissed about being brambled. I can bramble myself if I wanted it. I can certainly understand veno hate. 9 out of 10 I squad with are lazy wastes of squad space when they should be the most valuable class if not close to.

For once i agree with you.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    the first part is right, the second part about most valuable id say goes to archer or wizard. we make life simple and easier in your instances
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Fixed. After all, that's all this is anyways.

failed_troll1-300x300.jpg
  • Arhil - Heavens Tear
    Arhil - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I never understood all the complaining from squishies getting brambled in instances. I always accept (and am grateful for) it when I play my cleric. As others have said, it doesn't aggro anything that wouldn't already be aggro'ing you anyway, so it does no real harm.

If anything, I think it stems from squishies who have a nasty habit of running up to the frontlines with the melee fighters... So here's a thought:

Hey squishies! Instead of complaining about somebody giving you a buff, why not stay in the back ranks where you're supposed to be? XD
    Don't mind me, I'm just here for the free food!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LingBanamu - Lost City
    LingBanamu - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wow, how many people who posted here actually read beyond the title line? The whole argument was based on this little gem:

This is not in a party, this is when mobs are probably not going to even be hit by a melee mob. Above level 35ish 90% of mobs have a melee and magic attack. So, having bramble is not going to increase aggro at all; bramble doesn't generate aggro unless you get hit by a melee(when you're grinding is stealing aggro even a problem? Who are you stealing it from exactly? O_o). The only issue I see with having bramble on in the case the op is talking about, is if you are running from a mob you can't handle; in this case it does require a bit longer to lose aggro from the mob, but shouldn't you just fly away if you don't want to be hit?

Heck, even in an instance, Bramble isn't really that bad. The only time it is bad is when somebody screws up and the cleric gets aggro from a mob, and the tank/bm/DD can't get aggro away from a couple of reflected hits. Barb reams, bm stuns, DD stun/freeze, that is all that is needed to get the mob to stop attacking long enough for somebody to get aggro.

When I am in a party on my veno, in an instance I will only buff melees unless asked for it otherwise. If I am grinding in a squad, everybody in range gets buffed. In the situation the OP describes, bramble is not the big of a deal. If it is that bothersome, just go to character selection menu, then log back in on your character and your buffs are reset.

I'm going to say it again for emphasis, Bramble does not cause more aggro to be generated just by having it on, you have to get hit by a melee attack for it to generate aggro. Bramble doesn't magically make mobs want hit you more. Bramble isn't an almighty evil spell that makes range characters get aggro instantly from anything they touch. Bramble is a buff, meaning that it is helpful; it doesn't deal damage to you, it doesn't damage your stats, it doesn't do anything to harmfully effect your gameplay, it reflects a percentage of melee damage back to your attacker.

-Ling

P.S. To the OP: if you actually believe this:

You had better rethink pretty much everything in the game. Reroll on a veno and play to a decent level, at least above 6x. Once you understand what it is a veno does, then you can start flaming them for buffing with bramble. It's true that while in an instance, bramble isn't the most desired buff, but it doesn't do any harm unless somebody screws up.

To this: what are you going to do? Single buff a squad when there is a veno present just to exclude them? Cast SoV on them so it goes to waste by them not getting hit? Attacking them while they are blue named? Rage on the forums some more? what is it that you are going to do?
    I've moved to LC, perhaps permanently. Goodbye Sanctuary, I know that nobody there knows me. :D
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Hey, I don't mind bramble. Anything to nerf me, is what I think. Contrary to popular belief, some psys do NOT like pulling aggro and getting beaten upon while the rest of the squad tries to get it back.