VENOS: keep bramble to yourselves unless asked for it

Options
ExELFine - Heavens Tear
ExELFine - Heavens Tear Posts: 362 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Venos are only ruining it for most MAG classes (ie clerics and psychics) when they decide to randomly cast their bramble all over the place.

I just had one of those issues, once again while grinding with my psychic, and was told very bluntly that bramble was the best way to get rid of us, as we do (clerics and psychics alike) steal aggro and more when brambled.

Hey, venos, you want to play that way? No problem. In that case, I hope you don't mind when we return the favour, either in cleric or psychic form, see how you like it in return.

Now go train your stupid pets in cube and leave us alone.

b:angry
[SIGPIC]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff122/dart2005/PWI/july05.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Crafting:
Tailor: lev 7
Blacksmith: lev 6
Craftsman: lev 6
Apothicary: lev 5
SEMI to 7/8 RETIRED, not from PW but from PWI :)
Post edited by ExELFine - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Whut o.0 . . ?
    As a veno i am only and only cast bramble to tank . . b:victory
    Except the other asking bramble too. b:bye
    I dunno why other veno like to cast bramble to everyone . . b:surrender
    (Me never cast to anyone outside instances xP, lazy to use it basically. Except TW)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ditto for me....i only bramble when asked. b:surprised

FoxRunning, aka, SunriseWind, SilveWind, LagunaStar

Whut o.0 . . ?
    As a veno i am only and only cast bramble to tank . . b:victory
    Except the other asking bramble too. b:bye
    I dunno why other veno like to cast bramble to everyone . . b:surrender
    (Me never cast to anyone outside instances xP, lazy to use it basically. Except TW)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • ExtraTwisted - Dreamweaver
    ExtraTwisted - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Venos are only ruining it for most MAG classes (ie clerics and psychics) when they decide to randomly cast their bramble all over the place.

I just had one of those issues, once again while grinding with my psychic, and was told very bluntly that bramble was the best way to get rid of us, as we do (clerics and psychics alike) steal aggro and more when brambled.

Hey, venos, you want to play that way? No problem. In that case, I hope you don't mind when we return the favour, either in cleric or psychic form, see how you like it in return.

Uh, okay that person is b:fatb, however it isn't like there hasn't ever been a b:fatb cleric before. >.>

I guess since that one venomancer is b:fatb all of them now have the same thoughts as that one. b:surrender
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Oh noes not the p def buff punishment! or is it m def! b:shocked

but seriously, bramble doesn't make you more likely to aggro any mob that isn't attacking you. If a mob does aggro you, it was going to aggro you regardless of what buffs you have.
    youtube.com/chezedude
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hey, don't blame the entire venomancer population. b:shedtear
    Just tell those venomancer that cast bramble to everyone to stop. b:beatup
    Well at last that mean i am a good venomancer . . b:sin love me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Ehh.. I don't see any harm

Bramble does not cause DD to steal aggro nor is it strong enough to hold aggro on its own if you aren't attacking.

there's also not much benefit in casting it on anyone besides the tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    When in a squad, tank gets it. When randomly running around, I might cast it on melee attackers that are questing alone or something (depending on how I feel). There's no point casting it on distance attackers, because really, they shouldn't be getting hit. What use does it therefore serve?

Other than the fact that you do not like bramble being cast on you, I don't know what you're babbling on about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't generally cast Bramble on people unless I see them working alone, or they are melee classes. If they are working alone, they already have agro, so something that does a tad bit of damage to the mob in return for the mobs damage isn't a bad thing imo.

If I am squaded I never cast bramble on arcanes. But even if I did, if the tank isn't able to grab agro from an arcane even with bramble on, they simply fail. You get more agro from your personal skills than you do from bramble, so I don't see what the problem you have is. Probably just stupid.

Sounds more like you just hate Veno's, if that is the case, I wish I was on your server, I'd follow you around and cast bramble on you JUST to **** you off.
  • Ryiah - Heavens Tear
    Ryiah - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I just had one of those issues, once again while grinding with my psychic, and was told very bluntly that bramble was the best way to get rid of us
    I only bramble people if they're melee or ask for it. I only bramble a cleric if they're a total noob (I've run into a few high level clerics who totally suck at playing) or if one of them goes zooming for a mat I was killing a mob near to reach myself. I'll bramble them immediately if they do. Let them pull aggro onto themselves and get themselves killed ideally. Or at least tick those charms a bit.
    edited March 2010
    Options

Hm.. it sound like those venomancer who bramble you . . hate you ? b:surrender
    Well, so that not mean every venomancer. b:bye
    I promise i will never bramble you, because i don't hate you . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    A venomancer should indeed only bramble tank classes, or when asked. (Some clerics and archers DO like it.)

but it doesn't cause you to steal aggro for no reason! It just makes you take more aggro if you're already being hit (by melee)

So there really shouldn't be anything for random monster killing soloers to be afraid of - you take aggro if you take aggro. Not a huge problem.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    If that's the case, won't being brambled make you a better player? After all, if the penalty for stealing aggro is worse when you're brambled, you have more incentive to learn how to avoid stealing aggro, no? b:chuckle

j/k. Bramble only on tanks, never on people who don't want aggro. Though I will bramble squishies if I see them soloing alone and taking melee damage.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    on a psy it isn't as bad as you make it sound, just go defense and it works out fine.
    Another note: on my veno I bramble ALL classes in TT for drummer, since his attack his physical. I tend to Soul of Vangence magic classes if I'm not planning on doing much nearby, I don't get hit often, bramble me all day, it won't hurt me.
    note #3: wanna know the best way to get to a barb/bm? SoV it.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Iluc - Sanctuary
    Iluc - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

goes on HT and makes Veno, will be finding you and following you just to bramble everytime i can...

seriously, STOP QQing OVER VENOS!

bramble is the only buff they have they can give to others, what is next you going to do?

QQ over they send sparks to people, "oh no, now i got an extra spark, what am i to do? what am i to do? b:cry "

please, i beg all you QQ'ers b:shutup if ya dont like the way its played, go play another class... if you hate brambles, so what? you steal aggro, well, then you aint healing but attacking, means you WANT TO STEAL AGGRO! so you just get another kick for that...

learn to heal instead of steal aggro, i dont mind clerics attacking, but they never steal aggro, and if they do they certainly know how to play still.
    "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
    "PWI-forums, when trolling your own forum aint enough" ~ iluc ~
    "dev A: oh hey guys we got a rubberbanding issue
    dev B: psh what ever look how many $100's we got today
    dev C: oh hey somebody can't buy item in botique from some glitch
    dev B: OMG NO MORE MONEY I'LL FIX IT IMMEDIATELY"
    quote from: Kairu_ - Sanctuary
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I've seen a few clerics not only who ask for bramble but have Alpha Male on their genie. No lie. One of them is a good friend of mine.

Nonetheless, on my veno I bramble clerics and everyone in the squad when doing bosses with phys aoe -- without asking. If they have an issue with it, I explain why I did it, and either they look kind of stupid trying to argue that (like one person who told me it pulls aggro) or they go along with it. Either way is fine with me.
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I would agree with the OP...but with that tone in the post, I'm only going to halfway.

I agree and believe only the tanks and whoever else can take a few hits should be Brambled and everyone else (ie. the super squishy people that can't take a couple beatings) be left un-Brambled.

However...honestly, people make mistakes. In fact, a long time ago, I used to Bramble everyone I see that I thought could find it handy and Brambled everyone in TT/FB/ETC squad. Why? Because I thought it was helpful. Just like when a cleric thinks it's helpful of them to dish out their buffs but sometimes it accidentally overrides an apothecary item that was actually better than the buff itself.

Also, it doesn't help when one is first introduced to TT and stuff that things get confusing-- people want Bramble for those bosses that AOE but don't want it any other time. What? Okay sure. But if Bramble was given at any other time (even though the effects of the other one is still in effect from last boss) people rip their hairs out of their scalp and go crazy. s:

So relax. It's just Bramble...I personally like a little more damage that COULD make a difference somewhat in a battle. And if for some reason you attract aggression while having Bramble on and whoever is the one that holds aggro and stuff can't take aggro back from Bramble...then something is seriously wrong.
  • Mistimancer - Heavens Tear
    Mistimancer - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I only cast Bramble on melees, unless asked otherwise.
    In instance, in squad or random buffing to help....

When I was a baby venom (a long long time ago) and was new to the game, yes, I was casting it to anybody I was seeing, thinking I was a good person helping others... but eventually.. I learned.... :)

Although... I had an experience once, and I laugh about it now, but was not at the time...

I`ve been cursed about and a load of badmouthing words yelled at me after I brambled a BM that was AOEing ..... He told me to never bramble him... he was hating it.. he went on saying if he would want one he would have asked.. and did he? NO.. so just never F******* bramble him again 'cause he hates it more than anything.. ( And I am.. beeing reserved with my words right now)...
    So just let me tell ya that.. for a lil while.. I was not random casting Bramble to anybody hahahaa

But now, I only randomly cast Bramble on Barb,BM and Sin, and will bramble other classes only if they ask me... And in instances/Squads I only Bramble Barb and BM ( in case Barb die, or often BM takes adds) and only do all other classes if asked.

I have friends casters that always ask me for it.. either in instances or if they see me pass by when they solo.... and some never ask for it... I guess it all depends of how people likes to play.

I never heard complain about aggroing with Bramble coming from a caster... so I am not too sure what you mean by your story OP... but... sorry if that venom did something to "harm" you.. but.. don't generalize please....

It's like cleric.. often.. my apothecary is erase by a cleric randomly buffing me with his macro.... so what... I don't mind.. I'll just farm more herbs and make more pots :)
    P.S. It's A GAME!!!!!!!!!! :)

Sig1_Jan2010.jpg
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    like others said,having bramble dont attract mobs -.-
    u already pulled aggro by ur self,and even with lvl 11 bramble u dont reflect THAT much dmg so that someone else isnt able to get aggro of u.
    if u dont like it,tell veno next time u dont want bramble.
    i know i surely wouldnt buff u in tw either b:victory
    now i go back in my cube b:thanks
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    And training pets in cube pissed me also. There are usually 10 venos and they took 90% of mobs. Instead of 1m in that room I have to spending there much more just running for some mobs but venos pets are of course faster.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sinalee - Dreamweaver
    Sinalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    seriously to those who can't understand why some venos cast bramble on others than tanks here is a little tip.

New ... seriously if u r new to a game and even more if u r new to mmos so generally, most ppl wouldn't know that some buffs that are good could have an unwanted effect. Now when it happens that a veno bramble the whole squad, then just nicly explain him/her what that do to the agro. who new would think about that the bramble do anything else but cast back dmg (WOOT extra dmg) many don't think what that also lead to which is that the individual deal more dmg if being hit and there for keep agro.

Now don't hate new ppl but tell em what they did wrong and what to do.

I for my part used to bramble everyoen and myself. now i only bramble Tank and BM (and sins if they ask for it).

Its the same with that tideborn skill that eats mana to give u protection. Really not fitting for a tank, still the tank just nicly told the sin/psy (i don't remember who got that skill) to plz not do it.

Bramble is bad IF and only IF u get agro and also only have an effect IF u take agro. So if u get brambled before u can prevent it, just don't take agro, slow down ur cast speed, use weak attacks what so ever. Don't always just blame but try help ppl instead =/
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    seriously to those who can't understand why some venos cast bramble on others than tanks here is a little tip.

New ... seriously if u r new to a game and even more if u r new to mmos so generally, most ppl wouldn't know that some buffs that are good could have an unwanted effect. Now when it happens that a veno bramble the whole squad, then just nicly explain him/her what that do to the agro. who new would think about that the bramble do anything else but cast back dmg (WOOT extra dmg) many don't think what that also lead to which is that the individual deal more dmg if being hit and there for keep agro.

Now don't hate new ppl but tell em what they did wrong and what to do.

I for my part used to bramble everyoen and myself. now i only bramble Tank and BM (and sins if they ask for it).

Its the same with that tideborn skill that eats mana to give u protection. Really not fitting for a tank, still the tank just nicly told the sin/psy (i don't remember who got that skill) to plz not do it.

Bramble is bad IF and only IF u get agro and also only have an effect IF u take agro. So if u get brambled before u can prevent it, just don't take agro, slow down ur cast speed, use weak attacks what so ever. Don't always just blame but try help ppl instead =/

very nicely put, totally agree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    seriously,i am arcane too.
    i always cast bramble on my self,if mob aggro me (example in bh79),i reflect 700 dmg
    omg what i should do now?how barb gonna get aggro of me with reflecting that much dmg b:cry
    if u aggro boss who got melee atk,u did it with ur dmg not cuz u have veno buff on ur self and u gonna be 1shot for him regardless of having bramble or not.
    watch where u going,instead of run into mobs,and control ur dmg so u dont get aggro in the 1st place.
    if ur already brambled and u really hate it that much,relog,if not be patient,buff lasts only 10min.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Personally, I think I am just going to start casting Bramble on EVERYONE I see. Just to **** all you whining **** off.

~S
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Personally, I think I am just going to start casting Bramble on EVERYONE I see. Just to **** all you whining **** off.

~S

I don't mind. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    On my veno, I have only ever brambled tanks, BMs, and perhaps an Assassin if they are doing tanking. I will also bramble solo melee players if I feel like it.

To be honest, you can bramble an archer, psychic, wizard or cleric and it should not matter because they shouldn't grab aggro anyway. If you are a cleric and you are grabbing aggro, then you are either healing too early [and this will teach you to wait until the tank aggros everything, won't it?] or you're doing too much damage [meaning you're probably a high enough level to not care if you steal aggro, otherwise I'm sure you'd be more careful]

So if you are actually having a problem because a veno cast bramble on you then you are doing something wrong in the first place and you shouldn't be crying that it's the veno's fault. Go learn to play your class and it wouldn't matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't mind. b:laugh

lol. But your a Blademaster if I remember correctly. Bramble will HELP you :P

~S
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Yaaaaaaaaay generalization!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2010
    Options
    lol. But your a Blademaster if I remember correctly. Bramble will HELP you :P

~S

I don't have BM. I have just 1 character this1. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    On my veno, I have only ever brambled tanks, BMs, and perhaps an Assassin if they are doing tanking. I will also bramble solo melee players if I feel like it.

To be honest, you can bramble an archer, psychic, wizard or cleric and it should not matter because they shouldn't grab aggro anyway. If you are a cleric and you are grabbing aggro, then you are either healing too early [and this will teach you to wait until the tank aggros everything, won't it?] or you're doing too much damage [meaning you're probably a high enough level to not care if you steal aggro, otherwise I'm sure you'd be more careful]

So if you are actually having a problem because a veno cast bramble on you then you are doing something wrong in the first place and you shouldn't be crying that it's the veno's fault. Go learn to play your class and it wouldn't matter.

This.

I.E. If getting bramble bothers you because you are getting agro..... you are doing something wrong in the first place.

QQ somewhere else dumbasses....

~Saitada

p.s. Thanks Airyll, you said it better than my semi drunk **** could. +111111111

lol

~S
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I don't have BM. I have just 1 character this1. b:chuckle

Wizzie then? Sorry, I'm a bit buzzed and the forum images are a little... unfocused lol.

~S