VENOS: keep bramble to yourselves unless asked for it

Options
13»

Comments

• /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    agree with everything that LingBanamu said,dont want to quote cuz its big post lol.
    also to OP,maybe U dont want bramble,i usually buff only melee classes too but ALOT of clerics or any other classes asked me for buff too.so u cant speak in name of all,if u dont want buff,then u should stay it,instead of being silent then flame all venos on forums.
    in any of parties,b4 run starts (of whatever u doing) people get together for all buffs,then u should make it clear u dont want veno buff.if its while u grind,u are going to atk mobs alone anyway,so i dont understand why u get mad over it?not like u grinding in area wheres 20 melee mobs near u,usually u move wheres more rare spawn.
    also u should grind on poison mobs as cleric or psyhic,not on melee mobs,then having bramble or not dont make any difference.lol
  • AeonieX - Heavens Tear
    AeonieX - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Same reply as everyone else..not all Veno's are the same as the 1 or 2 Veno's you've come across. Personally i only bramble tank in FB/BH and possibly other melee characters in squad. Btw anyone elses avatar on here glitched? I've been lvl 59 since yesterday still showing me as 54. o.O
    AeonieX - Hybrid Vit Veno 6x
    HarmieX - Pure Mag Psychic 6x
    KyraneiX - Axe/Fist BM 4x
    KyranthoX - Axe Barb 2x
    KyyranthoX - Hybrid Cleric 2x
    AskariX - Pure Dex Assassin 2x
    KyraneiiX - Pure Dex Archer 0x
    AeoniiX - Pure Mag Wizard 0x
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    For sucks fake, BRAMBLE does not grab aggro, nor does it nerf anyone. If anything, as many have said before me, that if you have a problem getting brambled, you might need to rethink your strategy. I actually would LIKE to be brambled more often, especially in RB runs where everything's hitting me.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Venos are only ruining it for most MAG classes (ie clerics and psychics) when they decide to randomly cast their bramble all over the place.

I just had one of those issues, once again while grinding with my psychic, and was told very bluntly that bramble was the best way to get rid of us, as we do (clerics and psychics alike) steal aggro and more when brambled.

Hey, venos, you want to play that way? No problem. In that case, I hope you don't mind when we return the favour, either in cleric or psychic form, see how you like it in return.

Now go train your stupid pets in cube and leave us alone.

b:angry

If anyone remembers what I post every now and then, this is the exact behavior I see often - people raging at brambles despite it does not generate extra aggro on mages. FFS. I'm so sick of seeing this misconception. The damage dealt by brambles is not significant enough to generate decent aggro. It only does on melee classes, as LingBanamu said... because the damage generated by brambles is triggered on THE MOB'S melee damage.

Unless you're like me and tank the mobs as you're soloing on a cleric, bramble isn't gonna do ANYTHING to you since most magic users tend to kite. AND IF you don't kite, it's extra damage, thus benificial.

Gawd. I know this thread isn't gonna stop the QQ over brambles as a death sentence, but wow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I've no clue why people don't like bramble. That agro it generates is unnoticeable compared to what that DD is getting per hit on the boss o_O....

Also, I don't understand why people say they bramble people because of boss's aoe....

Last I check bramble didn't reflect ranged damage, physical or magical. I thought only SoV did that? o_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /NiKi - Lost City
    /NiKi - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Also, I don't understand why people say they bramble people because of boss's aoe....

Last I check bramble didn't reflect ranged damage, physical or magical. I thought only SoV did that? o_O

it reflect some phys.aoes like from drummer,soulbanisher or feng.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    During an instance, certainly. But this topic was set off when ExELFine, while grinding on a Psy alt, was brambled by an ignorant Veno that thought (and stated as such) that by Brambling said Psy they could be rid of them (for whatever reason) because said Psy would then inexplicably draw lots and lots more aggro and die.

Now...I don't what it's like for other classes, but I've yet to be in a situation during a grind session where a Veno's come along and Brambled me and I've thought that it was such an issue that I had to sit and wait for the buff to wear off or face an increased risk of death. Especially since it only increases aggro if I take hits...

Hence my confusion at why this is such an issue that it needed to be voiced in such a manner.

This is my confusion as well. In a normal grinding situation, how is bramble going to increase the amount of aggros you draw? If a mob hits you to trigger bramble, they are already aggroed on you as it is.

As near as I can tell, the OP got brambled by a veno who didn't understand how bramble works, bragged about it, and the OP believed them.

Quite frankly, I welcome random brambles on my squishie characters. If bramble activates, I was gonna get hit anyway, so why not return a little of the damage?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Most of us venos ask before buffing anyone. And most of the venos who don't ask first, obviously don't read the forums, so really, b*tching at us venos here isn't doing you any good, unless offending a class of mostly responsible players was your goal.

If you really want to talk about annoying buffs, look at psychic buffs. It's too bad that the class is still newish enough that some psychics don't know to ask before buffing...my Barb got really upset when someone buffed him a couple of weeks ago, because in just a few hits from the boss we were fighting, it drained his MP, and we all know barbs really don't have that much MP to begin with...

And clerics randomly buff people all the time. I don't really mind it, except for when I have an apoth item activated (but, at least I make those myself, so it's not TOO huge a deal for me...).

So really. Venos aren't the only ones who need to ask before buffing people. Everyone does.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Bow_of_War - Lost City
    Bow_of_War - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I dont get why clerics get so upset about this. If we are in an instance, I dont see why they should be getting aggro anyway, all they need to do is heal. But say a cleric does take aggro on a melee mob, wouldnt it be go to refelct some of that damage possibly keeping you alive so the tank can get aggro back? I personally love veno buff, especially when I have to barrage. It helps keep me alive.
    My life is PWI....everything else is hobbies b:chuckle

I attempted to shoot arrows and stun irl b:surrender
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    i likes bramble :d most clerics are pissy cause they take only a few hits to die if bramble caused their death
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan