Horrible BH

Options
Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
I won't say everything cuz the BH took so much time, the whole story might crash the forums(though I must say that with the new forum look, a crash would be an improvement). I'll just post the really bad parts.

It was a BH51 Wyvern 1st. I know wyvern first is hard but it turned out much harder than it would've been.

It started out okay. 3 Venomancers, 1 Assassin(me), 1 Cleric, and 1 Barbarian. We pulled, immobilized, killed, and repeated all the way to Rankar, skipping Fushma without too much trouble. At Rankar the barb decided he'd attack Rankar even though he knew we were skipping him, and nearly killed us all. He died and left the squad, no he did not dc, he simply thought it was our fault.

So we got another barb and went back to the entrance to help him with the patrols After we were clear to continue the BH, the barb became incredibly rude, complaining that we were going too slow. HE WAS IN ****IN TIGER MODEb:angry How the hell are we supposed to keep up?! A few more times we ran into Rankar, and I had to be the martyr to save the rest of the squad(I didn't mind, thx to the 1st barb I was already at 0%) but they didn't run away, no they stayed close enough to die anyways. Well, we somehow reached wyvern. The barb used Zeal to pull the adds and we killed them without no problem. Then when we were ready the barb got behind wyvern to turn him around, and the cleric started BB. I went up to wyvern and began to DD. The barb complained that he wasn't in BB range. Well I was in BB range, so instead of tanking from inside the BB, he decided to cause a squad wipe. Then he left, he also obviously thinking it was our fault. Well, after that we got a herc veno and the rest if the BH went fine.

2 fail barbs in a row, thanks to those 2 fail barbs, many members of the squad lost half of the reward they got from the BH.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Tapion_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That doesn't really sound like a horrible bh, just a horrible run of bad luck. :(

Two barbs who leave like that, is rather sad. :( I have seen clerics who do that, but never a barb. =x
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i had some worser bh's =/ but i think they shouldn't go off like that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    why did the barb turn the boss around >> i thought the aoe was not frontal. ive always refused to bb on that boss. when i was doing that bh as the only cleric i nvr had a problem keeping everyone healed without bb
  • Zakes - Heavens Tear
    Zakes - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    As a cleric, I'd have to blame the cleric a little too. BB is certainly not needed there, plus if I remember correctly, Wyvern also debuffs for increased damage...so purify is nice. But yeah, those barbs did sound...not so great.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    we see these kind of threads every day...horrible bh squads...maybe pwi just wasnt designed for group activity
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    we see these kind of threads every day...horrible bh squads...maybe pwi just wasnt designed for group activity
    From what I've heard it was originally intended for solo play, and squads were added later on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    id blame the cleric for bbing on that boss when the barb if lower leveled needs purified unless they want to deal with charm burn. leaving squad however is not nice.. though i have had a few bh51's with my veno while i was leveling through the 60's which made me want to rage quit squad b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gorgonia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonia - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I only leave a squad to pk someone in it who is white named... leaving a squad cuz u think it fails makes u MORE fail than the rest... if ur THAT great you can make the squad succeed.... ppl who leave squads QQing are fail themselves... so dont pay attention to them... just pk them next time u see them... or have them die on purpose if they're blue named b:chuckle
  • AngelicArrow - Harshlands
    AngelicArrow - Harshlands Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    LOL same thing happened to me today, end up tanking fushma and later zimo when barb died. Though our barb got wyvern then just left without helping for rest of bosses.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    How can you run into rankar more than once?

I used to skip him all the time back when BH's only had 1 each, and rankar wasn't part of the BH bosses.
    You let him pass on the spot you usually fight him, than he goes left and you go right to wyvern, and you never see him again.
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sadly enough, sounds like an average BH to me. What has become exceptional is to go through the whole run without hitchs. Just today i had to do some tanking at Rank cuz BMs were apparently intent on letting him go everytime he came around, they kept bouncing aggro and got both clerics killed. Then barb who runned towards squad and got wizzie and cleric dead with Rank's short range AoE. Fush actually managed a near squad wipe and we even had people die before getting to him. I had 6 walk outs and had to wait upwards of hour and a half at BH npc trying to find people. Overall, a good day, Wyvern was actually pretty easy (someone brought higher level barb and cleric guildies) and i didn't die once...
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    *boggle at thread where barbs are the villains and a herc veno is the hero* b:chuckle
    How can you run into rankar more than once?

I used to skip him all the time back when BH's only had 1 each, and rankar wasn't part of the BH bosses.
    You let him pass on the spot you usually fight him, than he goes left and you go right to wyvern, and you never see him again.
    He travels on a 22 minute circuit. He passes the spot most people fight him about every 11 minutes. So if your group wipes fighting him and it takes 11 min for the cleric to get back and res everyone, you're going to run into him again.

I never understood why people skipped him back when he wasn't a BH boss. His molds are rare, but pretty valuable. Demon panther ring typically goes for ~1.3 mil, helm of lion spirit ~3 mil, gale dual hammers ~600k. If he's not there when you're passing by, sure, skip him. But if he's there, I would kill him just for a chance at those molds.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I never understood why people skipped him back when he wasn't a BH boss. His molds are rare, but pretty valuable. Demon panther ring typically goes for ~1.3 mil, helm of lion spirit ~3 mil, gale dual hammers ~600k. If he's not there when you're passing by, sure, skip him. But if he's there, I would kill him just for a chance at those molds.

True. Most people skip him because they are afraid of squad wipe or the cleric/barb ragequitting, which is pretty common nowadays.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The only time I leave is when I end up with a few specific people I know are going to ruin the BH especially one cleric that thinks that just because he's a cleric he can over throw everyone else and boss everyone around like for (a real) example joining a squad for wyvern then demanding that we have to kill fushma first, or if I have to go due to something happening out side of the game then QQing and leaving when he doesnt get his own way, or if some one keeps going afk for more then 20 mins at a time causing everyone to have to wait for like ever which makes it harder for me to get other things done.

Edit: Oh I also leave if people start **** and blame me for dieing or pulling aggro like (a real example) while starting to clear on a BH with no tank since no one would listen to me I started getting yelled at by 2 clerics (one was the one I cant stand) for pulling aggro from a lvl 62 veno even though they kept doing the same thing. I even waited till the monsters were half dead and still I pulled aggro so I tried telling them well maybe I should just stay back and sit around and I got such a rude reply. "Well fine then I guess your going to die" so I just left since they wouldn't listen and find a tank and they kept spewing annoying **** I just left and found a better squad.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The only time I leave is when I end up with a few specific people I know are going to ruin the BH especially one cleric that thinks that just because he's a cleric he can over throw everyone else and boss everyone around like for (a real) example joining a squad for wyvern then demanding that we have to kill fushma first, or if I have to go due to something happening out side of the game then QQing and leaving when he doesnt get his own way, or if some one keeps going afk for more then 20 mins at a time causing everyone to have to wait for like ever which makes it harder for me to get other things done.

Edit: Oh I also leave if people start **** and blame me for dieing or pulling aggro like (a real example) while starting to clear on a BH with no tank since no one would listen to me I started getting yelled at by 2 clerics (one was the one I cant stand) for pulling aggro from a lvl 62 veno even though they kept doing the same thing. I even waited till the monsters were half dead and still I pulled aggro so I tried telling them well maybe I should just stay back and sit around and I got such a rude reply. "Well fine then I guess your going to die" so I just left since they wouldn't listen and find a tank and they kept spewing annoying **** I just left and found a better squad.
    There should be a sticky for people to post there BH stories.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    There should be a sticky for people to post there BH stories.

That would be epic, just think of all the stories.........I wonder if i'll be in any of themb:laugh
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    1) There is no need to turn Wyvern around. His AoE is not a frontal-only AoE, it is quite simple a 360 degree AoE and if you are in range it is going to hit you.

You should have told the second barb to just turn Wyvern around so he was in BB range and your problems would have been solved.

2) That sounds like an average BH. I can recall worse times, nastier stories, and more ridiculous failures than could even be imagined in your scenario.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toshiho - Sanctuary
    Toshiho - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    b:shocked

I would def say the barbs were jerks. But as a cleric i *know* bb is not necassary there. ironheart ironheart purify chromatic iron heat ironheat and so on. I *rarely* have a death in 51. even when i was of level

As level 84 cleric who has friends alts BH 51 level... i want to cry when i get into these fail squads where... i somehow end up tanking >.> because no one was attacking.

yesterday i was in a squad where the veno's (2) wanted to pull EVERY single mob. including the regulars.

the squad was set up

2 barbs
    2 venos
    1 sin

they originally had a wiz in there... but my friend was like... we need a cleric.

thus me.

I figured with brute force the run would have maybe of been 45 mins... if that *leaving and all that jazz* 1.5 hours later and im like... seriously?

I ended up tempesting at most of the mobs because i was tired of luring babies to us.

in the end Blacklisted 1/2 the squad. -my friend and the sin... who are clearly more inteligent than the other three. b:cry

after doing there run i did call them epic fail for ****s and giggles b:chuckleb:victory

but yeeah... unless you play with the same people BH can be a real *****.
  • Cerberu - Dreamweaver
    Cerberu - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Truly sad. I would never do something like that, unless my internet goes out on me, lol. PM when im Lv.100 so i can help you out (will take me 3-6 months to get there).
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I only leave a squad to pk someone in it who is white named... leaving a squad cuz u think it fails makes u MORE fail than the rest... if ur THAT great you can make the squad succeed.... ppl who leave squads QQing are fail themselves... so dont pay attention to them... just pk them next time u see them... or have them die on purpose if they're blue named b:chuckle
    I agree mostly, but there's an exception. I do keep my calm and try to recover and help even fail parties, but when I am not listened or flamed I would leave. By flamed I mean me trying to explain what went wrong and then getting yelled at by the ones who failed: "NO WAY IT WAS X!!!" b:surrender
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    why has there been so much fail esp in BH51?

didn't people lvl on FBs back in the days? and we didn't see threads like this before. we did so many FBs we could do it half asleep. idk why there are so many stories like this now lol
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options

didn't people lvl on FBs back in the days? and we didn't see threads like this before. we did so many FBs we could do it half asleep. idk why there are so many stories like this now lol

Because nobody does FBs any more, they aren't a good source of EXP and they're only really good for the rep.

Seriously.

I have come across a huge number of people who haven't done FB51 at level 80, or better yet, people who didn't know what instance their BH boss was in because they never did their FBs.

Between people not learning to play their class, the old systems like FBs being left because people find it hard to get help [everybody too busy doing... BHs... oh irony] or because they don't think it important, there's been a shift in how squads and players work together. This has been, as far as I can see, spread across BHs 39 and 51, making them the most prevalent instances for something to go wrong and a squad to fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    interesting story. My only question is: Was the sarcastic swipe at the forum design really necessary?
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2010
    Options
    interesting story. My only question is: Was the sarcastic swipe at the forum design really necessary?

Correct me if I am wrong, Frankie, but wasn't the OP posted before the forum's second redesign?

Cause you know, if it was... while there wasn't a need for it I can see why it was posted. Really that initial skin with the blinding white background was really bad.

If it was posted after that date, well meh, can't please everybody.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Doesnt sound so bad, you jsut worded it so the barbs were the scum of the earth by saying "complaining" and "decided to cause".

I guess barbs are the new clerics, they hate everyone because of a few incidents in the past where they got flamed by an archer, and they think everybody is like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Sinalee - Dreamweaver
    Sinalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Two barbs leaving the squad ... too little patience thats sad. I have heard of worse BHs though and been in a few i think T.T. The "u run too slow" i have heard before xD well not everyone run with 6.6 or higher as ground speed, most casters only run 4.8 or somethign like that.

in a TT1-3 i once had to accurally fail my own rush part becuz the barb just went full speed through, making the cleric get behind. The mobs giving up to catch barb had already once killed our wiz and cler the first try. 2nd tiem i had to turn hood and hope i could hold it for the cleric. We had already told barb to slow down like 5times. earlier he tut he woudl take my job as a veno and ended with 4 ranged mobs on his ****, didn't try to agro so cler had to heal him causing mobs to almost kill her. Again i got my **** full of arrows lyign dead after a gang of 3of those mobs, cler was left with 50hp. Not teh first time i need to break a gang into pieces. another time i was in BH59 pure mag squad with psy/wiz tanking 1 cler and 2venos (me included) mega mob pull (lucky not at boss) at least the cleric was smart enough to keep me alive in my hood till the rest coudl take the mobs i was holding.

To all the venos out there practic gang breakign with pet and hood =x saved my **** (funny enough) a few times, but be prepared to die T.T.

To all the other classes who might c a gang break, DO NOT start AOEing the mobs =x cuz then the gang break litterally fail lol. Just kill the mobs one at a time, start with those not being hold by veno, then those who might be attackign veno and at last the once on her pet.

It do work but don't count on it lol.

And those two barbs one last time, don't leave a squad, its sad, tell ppl what to do differend instead lol.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options

Because nobody does FBs any more, they aren't a good source of EXP and they're only really good for the rep.

Seriously.

I have come across a huge number of people who haven't done FB51 at level 80, or better yet, people who didn't know what instance their BH boss was in because they never did their FBs.

Between people not learning to play their class, the old systems like FBs being left because people find it hard to get help [everybody too busy doing... BHs... oh irony] or because they don't think it important, there's been a shift in how squads and players work together. This has been, as far as I can see, spread across BHs 39 and 51, making them the most prevalent instances for something to go wrong and a squad to fail.

Props to us old-school FB junkies. Good times running FBs literally nonstop on a single day. Sadly there aren't nearly as many FBs anymore as servers matured. Oh the hundreds and hundreds of FB bloods I had to NPC because they only stacked to 100 >_>. It does amazes me when higher levels get lost in lower FBs or not even know where to go for FB 51... Players won't get to experience growing with the server, as we did back then, even on the new servers due to oracles. A fun aspect of the game is lost and lucky for us who got to experience it even though it was a lot harder to level back then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    hmmm.... not what most of this thread was about but i wonder at 'bb at wyvern' issue... i usually bbed because there usually were more ppl than just me and tank.. OR tank was bm my level and really needed that 50% dmg reduction bb provides. Actually when i think about it i only _didnt_ bb when it was only me and barb (like 2 times in my whole history of bh 51) or veno with herc was tanking and we didnt have melees in squad (maybe 5 times total maybe less). and now i read it was totally unnecessary o.o

back to 'fail squads' topic... i rarely meet ppl who have no idea about their own class, or other classess, or team play or bossess in that particular fb when doing my own bhs. ok, i prefer going with friends, i like them and know them and trust them, but total random fail squads are actually rare, even if some ppl do annoy me or make me like 'wtf' i havent had a wipe in a long long time. on the other hand some ppl i met when asked to help on lower lvls bh were just... astonishing. and imo 39 and 59 are like magnets for fail players And i call them fail not because they dont know - everybody started noob and had to learn. I call them fail because they dont want to learn, they dont listen, and they seem to be proud of their ignorance and ability to cause a wipe (or near wipe because you cant really get me killed in 39 anymore o.o) most ppl on my black list came from there b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    and imo 39 and 59 are like magnets for fail players And i call them fail not because they dont know - everybody started noob and had to learn. I call them fail because they dont want to learn, they dont listen, and they seem to be proud of their ignorance and ability to cause a wipe (or near wipe because you cant really get me killed in 39 anymore o.o) most ppl on my black list came from there b:surrender

Ugh yeah, 39 and 51. I hate 59 more, but 39 comes pretty close... my trick is, in BH, I keep ahead of the group. I have to, I know people are gonna die if they try to keep up with me. So I just make sure they don't. In a tabbed FB it's harder because most tabbers have to be within range and they don't know their way (if they're new to the game).

And I've had people literally proud of taking aggro from tanks (mostly archers, unfortunately) and causing squad wipes. When I pull aggro off the tank, there's a problem, as I'm totally not suited for 1v1...

Actually happened yesterday. Note that yeah, I dualbox clear 59, and I warn people that I do so. If they pull aggro, they're on their own unless I notice it. I have 2 characters to manage, gimme a break. So this wizard kept telling us that he could tank (and not that he was going to tank...). I wouldn't have minded in general; the dude was 79, decent DD, iunno what was his build... but anyways, I made it clear that even with some high levels I'd end up stealing aggro back, preferable to stick with one tank.

We got to Drake, one of the veno pulled. I was healing the BM, and caught aggro. For a split second anyways. The next thing I know, wiz goes "Crit 24k!" and "Crit 12k o.o!". Of course I lose aggro, Drake gets closer to the wiz, dragging BM in 2 mobs. Problem is that I was stacking a few more IHs before I started DDing on cleric. Had to reposition the BM and AOE like a madman to kill stuff, keep myself alive on top of healing whoever had aggro - me, or the wiz who seemed happy to crit and steal aggro. Thankfully the venos had the reflex to focus on the 2 mobs and they died quickly. I wasn't even trying, and I got aggro back on Drake. Let's just say that I kept aggro on other bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Laurrella - Dreamweaver
    Laurrella - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    A lot of things can really go wrong in BH's and I have been in some real frustrating ones myself. Most of the time it comes down to two things. Lack of communication/listening and lack of patience. Any class can be to blame if the player(s) has either or god forbid both of those qualities. Melees can rush in too quick, take on too much ahead of the group and die. DD's can pull too much aggro and die. Healers can use the wrong skills or drain their mana too quickly.

And then you have the non-combat frustrations of waiting to fill squads, people taking way too long to get to BH site, people leaving in middle to turn in and taking forever to get back, people quitting groups in the middle of the BH, etc.

The exp rewards for doing BH's are good but you sadly have to put up with bad runs now and again. My advice to all is find other players who are patient and communicate well and try to group with them as often as possible. Otherwise try your best and keep your fingers crossed. b:chuckle
    Laurrixa - 64 Sin