Question: best way to "cheat" the game?

Pickle - Harshlands
Pickle - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
Haha, I hope the title caught your attention :-p

Seriously though, I have two computers, and I have a program that can send my commands from one keyboard to both computers...

I smell a fun way to grind up to high level pretty easily... I want to make two of the same character, and just have them stand in the exact same place, use the exact same attacks... etc.

So my question to you is this: what two characters should I make? They should be the same...

2 Psychics?
2 Archers?
2 Clerics?
2 Wizards?

It should be a ranged class.

I am leaning towards Psychics... that would be really easy. Clerics would be cool, but might get tricky with healing properly. Archer would be pretty awesome as well.

I DON'T want to have to different characters with 2 different roles (i.e. bm and cleric), I want to keep it "simple" and just play one character with a clone basically standing in the same place.

Thoughts? QQ's? lol
PS: I am going on a PVE server, PVP not a priority (If I ever did pvp, I'd probably just use one of the characters)
Post edited by Pickle - Harshlands on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    2 wizards so they can do mass damage yet heal themselves
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Cheat the game?

2 characters that cash shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Pickle - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Wouldn't 2 Psychics do pretty awesome damage as well starting out? I think Wizards excel over psychics end-game, but start to mid-game I think Psy would be better?

ALSO: I have to gear both characters, so would tideborn be better? Their gear seams to last longer, and the vit boost they give is nice as well. Also, the starting quests for tideborn are way easier, no fb19 too :-)

Also, I don't really plan on using genies... or should I? I think I already trumped any benefit from a genie....
  • Nanannana - Heavens Tear
    Nanannana - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    2 psychics own
  • Damselfish - Sanctuary
    Damselfish - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    2 psychics own

Speaking from the standpoint of a Psychic that plays with herself. I can say from experience that I have yet to meet a creature I can't easily kill.
    I swim therefore I am.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    a Psychic that plays with herself.
    thats disgusting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    thats disgusting.

its a natural thing everyone plays with themself sooner or later.

thats what offline games are for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Speaking from the standpoint of a Psychic that plays with herself.

Haha b:laugh. This is the point we find out your really a male IRL and over the age of 50 b:surrender.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    a Psychic that plays with herself.
    Please refraise thatb:shocked
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    one guy points out a joke, and now everyones doin it! geez!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damselfish - Sanctuary
    Damselfish - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Haha b:laugh. This is the point we find out your really a male IRL and over the age of 50 b:surrender.

But I am really a male in RL, and over the age of consent, so what does it matter? You guys are perverts. I play ALONE.
    I swim therefore I am.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    But I am really a male in RL, and over the age of consent, so what does it matter? You guys are perverts. I play ALONE.
    with your left hand or your right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    with your left hand or your right?

My bets on bothb:laugh
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Pickle - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    ...topic?

10char
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Haha, I hope the title caught your attention :-p

Seriously though, I have two computers, and I have a program that can send my commands from one keyboard to both computers...

Is that even legal according to PWI?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'd say two Clerics, actually. Wizards would work too.

I wouldn't go psychic until the TB get all their end-game stuff and we see how powerful they are then.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Is that even legal according to PWI?

I don't think there's a rule against it.

I'm not sure why someone would do that though. Paying for gear and repairs at higher levels will be a ***** no matter what class you pick. If money is no concern then get 2 herc/nix venos.b:avoid
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Pickle - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    No it is perfectly legal and I have pm's from Spoons on one of my other accounts asking him .

Gearing at high levels actually won't be as much of a problem, since I really only have to worry about weapons.

I'll be killing every mob in the game before it reaches me, making grinding SUPER easy, i.e. coins will flow in
    edited February 2010
    No it is perfectly legal and I have pm's from Spoons on one of my other accounts asking him .

Gearing at high levels actually won't be as much of a problem, since I really only have to worry about weapons.

I'll be killing every mob in the game before it reaches me, making grinding SUPER easy, i.e. coins will flow in

Will you be at the computer while killing or setting up a programme to do it for you?

• Pickle - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Obviously I will be at the computer, I wouldn't need to bot to excel, its liking having a character with an attack level of 100 as a base.
    edited February 2010
    Obviously I will be at the computer, I wouldn't need to bot to excel, its liking having a character with an attack level of 100 as a base.

Ok just checkng.
    How do you want to kill as in moving around and kill or set up for example 'Dragon Breathe' and bring the mobs to you?

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It's actually not a bad idea, having both chars receive input from the same keyboard should keep them in synch. If they really are clones (same stats, gear, etc.) there should be no problem. It would also be kind of fun to have both chars speaking simultaneously, kind of like Baron Ashura in Mazinger Z.

The problem is, for all the extra firepower, having both your chars permasquaded means each will be getting only half the experience/drops from kills. Fortunately having both receiving/turning quests simultaneously should overall make for smooth sailing, and with most xp coming from BH these days i foresee no problems.

I would recommend Psychics not only because of their PvE prowess, but also because lacking higher level skills will save you some coin while you get to a high enough level farming/grinding coin should be relatively more effective.
  • Pickle - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    I want it to be exactly like you are playing one character, but you have a clone that copies your every singly move. So when you click a mob and use an attack, your cloned character does the exact same thing. I'd set them up the same, have them in squad, etc.

They will be in the exact same place, move at the same speeds, etc.

the only real issue I see is with getting buffed, but I could always just invite them to squad and they can click on the individual characters if I need to be buffed for something
  • Pickle - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    It's actually not a bad idea, having both chars receive input from the same keyboard should keep them in synch. If they really are clones (same stats, gear, etc.) there should be no problem. It would also be kind of fun to have both chars speaking simultaneously, kind of like Baron Ashura in Mazinger Z.

The problem is, for all the extra firepower, having both your chars permasquaded means each will be getting only half the experience/drops from kills. Fortunately having both receiving/turning quests simultaneously should overall make for smooth sailing, and with most xp coming from BH these days i foresee no problems.

I would recommend Psychics not only because of their PvE prowess, but also because lacking higher level skills will save you some coin while you get to a high enough level farming/grinding coin should be relatively more effective.

Thanks for the input that is a good point.

sorry for double-post, just poor timing b:surrender
    edited February 2010
    I want it to be exactly like you are playing one character, but you have a clone that copies your every singly move. So when you click a mob and use an attack, your cloned character does the exact same thing. I'd set them up the same, have them in squad, etc.

They will be in the exact same place, move at the same speeds, etc.

the only real issue I see is with getting buffed, but I could always just invite them to squad and they can click on the individual characters if I need to be buffed for something

A wizard could work but if you thought about it an axe bm would be pretty uber aswell. They have an extremely wide range of aoe's so you could gather up the mobs and aoe them too death 2x as fast. It is well known that a good axe bm can aoe grind shed loads of money.

• Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hmm, out of the top of my head I would recomend 2 venos since they're pretty self sufficient. For Clerics, well, that could be a good choice but in this case other classes might be more efficient.

Good luck with the experiment, please tell us how it goes, I'm kinda curious on how this will work out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    A wizard could work but if you thought about it an axe bm would be pretty uber aswell. They have an extremely wide range of aoe's so you could gather up the mobs and aoe them too death 2x as fast. It is well known that a good axe bm can aoe grind shed loads of money.

Dude, that's a scary thought.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Speaking from the standpoint of a Psychic that plays with herself.
    b:dirty b:kiss

Btw which prog do u use to do that with keys?
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Doesn't seem like this idea will work too will with mobs that stun, or freeze. The character that does the higher damage will get stunned and stay in the same spot. While the other character will be able to move. You'll have to make them go into sync manually every time this occurs. Sounds like a lot of trouble.
  • Pickle - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Doesn't seem like this idea will work too will with mobs that stun, or freeze. The character that does the higher damage will get stunned and stay in the same spot. While the other character will be able to move. You'll have to make them go into sync manually every time this occurs. Sounds like a lot of trouble.

However, you would be able to kill everything before it attacked you