Question: best way to "cheat" the game?

Comments

• Pickle - Harshlands
    Pickle - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ToS.. read "20. Acknowledgements"
    "20. Acknowledgements
    You hereby acknowledge and agree that:
    (a) WHEN USING THE SERVICES, THE SOFTWARE MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER'S RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (RAM) AND/OR CPU PROCESSES FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH THE SOFTWARE. AN “UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM” AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY “ADD-ON” OR “MOD,” THAT IN PWE’S SOLE DETERMINATION: (i) ENABLES OR FACILITATES CHEATING OF ANY TYPE; (ii) ALLOWS USERS TO MODIFY OR **** THE SOFTWARE INTERFACE, ENVIRONMENT, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IN ANY WAY NOT EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED BY PWE; OR (iii) INTERCEPTS, “MINES,” OR OTHERWISE COLLECTS INFORMATION FROM OR THROUGH THE SOFTWARE. IN THE EVENT THAT THE SOFTWARE DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, IT MAY COMMUNICATE INFORMATION BACK TO PWE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM WAS DETECTED; AND/OR AND PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAINMNET MAY EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS RIGHTS UNDER THIS SECTION OF THE AGREEMENT, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO THE USER.
    (b) PWE MAY MONITOR OR RECORD YOUR CHAT SESSIONS AND OTHER ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION TRANSMITTED OR RECEIVED THROUGH THE GAME OR THE SERVICE AND YOU CONSENT TO SUCH MONITORING OR RECORDING.
    (c) You may not hold PWE responsible for any loss resulting from your use of the Service or any in-game trading activities. You may not hold PWE responsible for any information that is passed between players. PWE does not guarantee the safe keeping of information that is passed between players and will not be held responsible for any resulting losses or consequences arising from the improper use of said information. You may not hold PWE responsible for any in-game feature or item loss. PWE does not guarantee the availability of any in-game items, any Services or any levels to players."

So... did spoonsy violate some of the above?
  • Pickle - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    *Throws down pitchfork* Oh....

OT: I still think 2 Axe BM's would be awesome combo and as an added bonus they don't sway left to right to left to right....

AND... image if you varied the skills... you could stun-lock for at least... 30 secs??

BTW: Would it still count as "soloing" a boss if you did it with the "character clone" method?

(sorry for double-post again... poor timing)
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    AND... image if you varied the skills... you could stun-lock for at least... 30 secs??

BTW: Would it still count as "soloing" a boss if you did it with the "character clone" method?

(sorry for double-post again... poor timing)

You can edit post to add another quote.

Solo'ing means by yourself 1 char so no it wouldn't count lol.

You could stun lock indefinitely if u keyed the skills properly.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Seeing as how the program does not send the information through PW client, or modify PW client, 20 really doesn't apply to it. It is not an add on or mod of the PW client. Unless it is somehow going through PW client as anything other than the normal result of inputting commands to the computer, it isn't doing anything to the client, which is their main concern.

And considering that it states what is allowable is up to PW, and that PW employee said it was fine, is there really a point to arguing something that is already proven the right side being this 'un?
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Alright, some people seem to be confused about my setup and intent.

I have two separate computers sitting next to each other on my desktop.

I can control both computers independently with their respect keyboards. However, I set-up a series of hotkeys that turn on "broadcasting"

This means that whatever I do with one keyboard and mouse will be sent to the other computer.

I can always independently control both computers and view both screens at the same time. I have PMd spoons and he told me that multi-boxing is perfectly legal and any such actions as a result are fine.

Yes, I know I could have two different characters and have them do different things, but I wanted to keep it more simple than that. Just play as if I was playing one character with an attack rating of 100 :-p

Nothing is stopping anyone else from using two computers at once (assuming they have them). Most people choose not to because it does require a lot of setting up to work properly. I don't have any advantage over anyone else that chooses to play the game the way I do.

For example, I choose not to use genies when I play (never liked them tbh). this gives others an advantage over me, but it is just because of a choice I made.

Now it makes a bit more sense, but still as you said at first 'glance' it really does seem like it is a border-line botting.

Meh like I said if they say its ok, then by all means do it, it definitely sounds fun, and a bit more practical that you or anyone doing something like this, to get the help they needed without bothering other people.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear
    PunkinKatt - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ...Psychic that plays with herself. *truncated* .

Coming in a little late, I know, but I SO lmao at all the responses to that! b:chuckle
    There's no such thing as a "Perfect World" full of Jade, diamonds, gold, and other riches and treasures. There is only an imperfect world, with an imperfect society, full of imperfect people, with imperfect idea's about how to be perfectly rich and perfectly perfect. No one cares about being perfectly kind, perfectly fair, or perfectly content.
    It's a perfectly sad world.
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Thank you everyone for helping explain myself, although I do understand why it would appear at first to be against TOS.

Yeah I miss spoons, he was a good guy... if anybody knows why he was let go please pm me? I heard some rumors but they are only spreading through pms... Not allowed in threads I guess. The contact I had with him was before he left.

Haha I can't believe this thread is already at 2k views ^_^

and yeah, although left is the guy and righty is the girl. They are a beautiful fish couple b:chuckle

I know exactly what you mean, Its running more than 1 computer through the use of 1 keyboard, so the the key presses are the same on all the computers that are ( CHAINED ) together. Which also happens to be the same thing that many and I mean many RTM's use to " LEGALLY " bot gold farming.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Question: best way to "cheat" the game?

by not getting banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    1. Keycloning is considered a form of botting. Don't do it.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
    edited February 2010
    1. Keycloning is considered a form of botting. Don't do it.

He already has asked a GM if it was and the GM said no, so he is clear, if this was against the rules this thread would be closed, others have been today so why not this?

edited February 2010
    He already has asked a GM if it was and the GM said no, so he is clear, if this was against the rules this thread would be closed, others have been today so why not this?

Who just happens not to be with the company at this time. They can change there mind as to what is against the rules whenever they want.

The point is its a known method of botters and gold sellers and would be use at own risk.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Who just happens not to be with the company at this time. They can change there mind as to what is against the rules whenever they want.

The point is its a known method of botters and gold sellers and would be use at own risk.

Configuring two keyboards to do the same things i hardly botting, he will be at the computer playing the characters.
    Weather he is telling the truth or not doesn't matter, if it was against the rules this thread would of been locked long ago and he would of received a ban. Yet it hasn't and he has not.

• XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    *Imagines controlling a squad of six identical Clerics*

b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty
    edited February 2010
    *Imagines controlling a squad of six identical Clerics*

b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty

''Okay who's tanking?''
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Does it really matter? The only things you couldn't tank with that kind of healing support would be stuff that 1-shots. XD
    edited February 2010
    And that's why you might wanna add a barb in the mix b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Configuring two keyboards to do the same things i hardly botting, he will be at the computer playing the characters.
    Weather he is telling the truth or not doesn't matter, if it was against the rules this thread would of been locked long ago and he would of received a ban. Yet it hasn't and he has not.

Hes not configuring 2 keyboards, hes conifguring it to 1 keyboard to run both computers. 1 keyboard to run multiple computers.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Hes not configuring 2 keyboards, hes conifguring it to 1 keyboard to run both computers. 1 keyboard to run multiple computers.

Still isnt botting, 2 keyboards that respond to the same button on each. Press 1 on one keyboard presses 1 on the other. Either way its no different to those who play 2 chars using 2 computers, and he will be sat there killing not using a programme to kill for him so again not botting.

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Which isn't botting, because the modifications do not run through the clients themselves and he is also still at the computer at the time.

There is nothing illegal happening to the client, there are no outside programmes modifying the client. When it comes to the client(s) all that is happening is one keyboard is being used to input a command as normal - but this just so happens to be going to two clients (one on each computer) instead of one client on one computer.

As far as PWI is concerned, this player is at his computer, playing the game quite legally, but has managed to play two characters at the same time, in sync, through using only one keyboard. There isn't anything "botting" about that because there has been no modifications to PWI files, nor any outside programmes controlling the character.

It's duel-boxing, but only with one keyboard instead of using two. Nothing illegal about that at all unless outside programmes get involved to run one of the characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pickle - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Ahh 6 clerics that would be insane!!

And just to clarify, I was talking to spoons about this a little bit when he was a part of the company (is it possible to contact him now?? o.O)

The main program I use is called octopus. It's also possible to use the program Synergy to do something similar (although you can't broadcast keystrokes to both computers simultaneously, just switch back and forth what computer the keyboard is currently controlling.

So new method:

Be controlling one character, click a mob, press a macro. then, move the mouse over to the other computer (which the keyboard will now control that computer). Click on another mob or same mob or other character and run macro / buf / whatever.

NEW QUESTION:
    Should I go with a sin and cleric combo or a bm and cleric combo?

A sin would hold aggro pretty well and do very good dps, and the cleric can just IH all day.

But then... AOE... cleric heals... dang. Cleric can just fly / follow, and bm can aoe all day (two bm's might be costly, and it would be hard to manage heal pots, etc.)

WAIT what about a barb and cleric combo??? lol this should be its own thread now.
    edited February 2010
    Which isn't botting, because the modifications do not run through the clients themselves and he is also still at the computer at the time.

There is nothing illegal happening to the client, there are no outside programmes modifying the client. When it comes to the client(s) all that is happening is one keyboard is being used to input a command as normal - but this just so happens to be going to two clients (one on each computer) instead of one client on one computer.

As far as PWI is concerned, this player is at his computer, playing the game quite legally, but has managed to play two characters at the same time, in sync, through using only one keyboard. There isn't anything "botting" about that because there has been no modifications to PWI files, nor any outside programmes controlling the character.

It's duel-boxing, but only with one keyboard instead of using two. Nothing illegal about that at all unless outside programmes get involved to run one of the characters.

Its the similar function as what a virtual windows box , Ie it doesnt modifiy the client and yet still its against the EULA. Even though its run from one pc.

I said its like botting and it is the same thing gold farmers use to run multiple pc's.

Still isnt botting, 2 keyboards that respond to the same button on each. Press 1 on one keyboard presses 1 on the other. Either way its no different to those who play 2 chars using 2 computers, and he will be sat there killing not using a programme to kill for him so again not botting.

L2R please. Once again its 1 keyboard 2 computers.

And just to clarify, I was talking to spoons about this a little bit when he was a part of the company (is it possible to contact him now?? o.O)

The main program I use is called octopus. It's also possible to use the program Synergy to do something similar (although you can't broadcast keystrokes to both computers simultaneously, just switch back and forth what computer the keyboard is currently controlling.

So new method:

Be controlling one character, click a mob, press a macro. then, move the mouse over to the other computer (which the keyboard will now control that computer). Click on another mob or same mob or other character and run macro / buf / whatever.

NEW QUESTION:
    Should I go with a sin and cleric combo or a bm and cleric combo?

A sin would hold aggro pretty well and do very good dps, and the cleric can just IH all day.

But then... AOE... cleric heals... dang. Cleric can just fly / follow, and bm can aoe all day (two bm's might be costly, and it would be hard to manage heal pots, etc.)

WAIT what about a barb and cleric combo??? lol this should be its own thread now.

Now ur new method would be much more exceptable and not used in the same way. However if you're controlling 2 different chars at the same time it would be far easier to use 2 keyboard so you're not delayed when switching back and forth.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pickle - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Now ur new method would be much more exceptable and not used in the same way. However if you're controlling 2 different chars at the same time it would be far easier to use 2 keyboard so you're not delayed when switching back and forth.

All it takes to switch to control the other computer is to move the mouse over to it (it acts like an extra monitor). that way, one mouse and one keyboard are fine.

AND just for the record, both methods are COMPLETELY LEGAL, multi-boxing has been explicitly stated to be LEGAL (Spoons clearly stated it to me in a PM, which I would share with everyone except that sharing private correspondence with a pwi employee IS against tos).
    edited February 2010
    All it takes to switch to control the other computer is to move the mouse over to it (it acts like an extra monitor). that way, one mouse and one keyboard are fine.

AND just for the record, both methods are COMPLETELY LEGAL, multi-boxing has been explicitly stated to be LEGAL (Spoons clearly stated it to me in a PM, which I would share with everyone except that sharing private correspondence with a pwi employee IS against tos).

Multi-boxing isnt what the issue is. Yes Multi-Boxing is allowable. That isnt what Im talking about. The issue is the program being used to link both computers to single keyboard to clone keystrokes, which can be considered botting.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited February 2010

So does that mean I could have 5 severs, remote desktop them all and play them all on the same screen, without this being concidered cheating?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Pickle - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    So does that mean I could have 5 severs, remote desktop them all and play them all on the same screen, without this being concidered cheating?

I do not know of any way to play them all on the same screen... my current setup requires setting both computers next to each other and they are both using their own screen.

If you want to, that is fine, but I would probably consider that a disadvantage, trying to control that many characters. the system is definitely not that efficient, at least it wouldn't be for me.

ON TOPIC, which character combo with cleric would be best? bm, barb, sin, or archer even?
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I do not know of any way to play them all on the same screen... my current setup requires setting both computers next to each other and they are both using their own screen.

If you want to, that is fine, but I would probably consider that a disadvantage, trying to control that many characters. the system is definitely not that efficient, at least it wouldn't be for me.

ON TOPIC, which character combo with cleric would be best? bm, barb, sin, or archer even?

You can have a big screen and play on low resolutions, or have an array of 6 screens, that your mouse can move between. (yes this is posible)

I'd have to say barb. Playing a barb and cleric would be like playing a veno on roids, and you start with a herc. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    Centaura - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    On a sidenote, alot of venos in this thread. b:shocked

I dont care if you do it but if bunch of pw players find ways of exploiting it for a different purpose it would effect the game economy for better or for worst?b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Assassin- Cold, Tough, Relentless, Brave, has a Disturbing Mix of Innocence and Violence.

-Proud Member of Vanquish
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010

zzz........
    okies time to mess with your heads a bit more.
    b:avoid

EEK~
    UNAUTHORIZED 3RD PARTY PROGRAM CALLED OCTOPUS BROADCASTING KEYSTROKES TO TEH CLIENT DETECTED!!!!!
    Q_Q

but sure go ahead.
    d(^.^)
    he be on harshland......what if someone decides to just kill ONE of himself
    lool
    then he would have to fly all the way back to his other self.
    b:chuckle
    yesh me are ebil and know ways to deal with near anything.
    X_X'

also me don't really has any experience with programs that do stuff for me. so.....is it possible to see both screens at once? O.o what if someone PM's teh zombie client? >.<'
    O.o
    when me used to multiclient other games. well...me still be playing multiple games at once. (actually playing 2 different mmorps *PWI and [other game]* and 2 FPS *CS and bioshock 2* while forming this post.)
    me just manually control all meselves at once.

d(^.^)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    Centaura - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    zzz........
    okies time to mess with your heads a bit more.

EEK~
    UNAUTHORIZED 3RD PARTY PROGRAM CALLED OCTOPUS BROADCASTING KEYSTROKES TO TEH CLIENT DETECTED!!!!!
    Q_Q

but sure go ahead.
    d(^.^)
    he be on harshland......what if someone decides to just kill ONE of himself
    lool
    then he would have to fly all the way back to his other self.
    b:chuckle
    yesh me are ebil and know ways to deal with near anything.
    X_X'
    this is bad your giving hamster more technology for his evil planb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Assassin- Cold, Tough, Relentless, Brave, has a Disturbing Mix of Innocence and Violence.

-Proud Member of Vanquish
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yesh...yesh
    ya....for all our technological superiority, we really don't has much that be compatible with human tech.....(think trying to maintain and run an space ship or something....mayhaps a car? 2,000 years in teh past and it be sort of how me are limited.)
    so me are left to make do with what me has myself....and yes teh computer me are using be built from scraps which be really really old.
    b:surrender
    also me are prohibited from accessing teh information on how your systems be set/working. (software side)
    X_X'
    so.....no taking over teh internets for me.
    b:surrender

.....but me can use whatever knowledge me happen to stumble upon and be given by humans.
    b:sin
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]