Notice anything wrong here?

Options
124»

Comments

• Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    GMs don't give a **** about its community.

+1. Plain and Simple.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Every major city is a Tier 1 territory and Nef owns 4 of the 5. This is exploiting a bug.

I don't do TW and I really don't care who owns the map, but I do care about abiding by the rules. If the GMs/devs care about people pulling mobs through walls, then they should care about this too.

Wrong.

1k Streams & Archosaur are the ONLY Tier 1 territories.

Lost City, Etherblade, Plume City, Raging Tide, & Dreamweaver Port are all Tier 2 territories.

That rule only means that You cant own 1k Streams & Archosaur at the same time.

Of course the TW guidelines still say flying is not allowed in TW.

Time to ignore anything it says & just play the game you're given for free.
  • chelseacrafter
    chelseacrafter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    When are you guys going to learn that GM's are just customer support no matter what they want you to think?

GM's don't control the game play. That's why they don't care.

This game has a total disconnect between it's developers & those who implement & maintain it.

That is why this issue doesn't get resolved.

And actually all it would take to overcome the dominant faction is other players leveling up, learning skills, spending money wisely & most importantly... pulling together to overthrow them. No one has shown the DISCIPLINE or MOTIVATION to do that yet. It won't happen overnight or easily.
  • Loontjuh - Sanctuary
    Loontjuh - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I dont think its up to the gm's to solve a one faction domination anyway.

Like others mentioned before if you dont like it do something about it and organize.
    But i kinda get the impression not enough people on Sanctuary even care about TW and that map, i sure dont.

How would you feel btw if you were in the dominating faction and worked hard to concure the world, some gm comes along and wipes the map?
  • chelseacrafter
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I dont think its up to the gm's to solve a one faction domination anyway.

Like others mentioned before if you dont like it do something about it and organize.
    But i kinda get the impression not enough people on Sanctuary even care about TW and that map, i sure dont.

How would you feel btw if you were in the dominating faction and worked hard to concure the world, some gm comes along and wipes the map?

EXACTLY... but I don't think GM's are even capable of wiping the map... that's not their jobs.
  • chelseacrafter
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yeah but if call it Football the US players think of their girls version of Rugby b:shutup

Totally off topic but WHAT???

Girls version? Obviously you don't have a clue why US football players HAVE to wear full pads & helmets & usually retire the game due to massive permanent injuries. I also don't see rugby players with body builder bodies or biceps as big as my waist. LOL
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Totally off topic but WHAT???

Girls version? Obviously you don't have a clue why US football players HAVE to wear full pads & helmets & usually retire the game due to massive permanent injuries. I also don't see rugby players with body builder bodies or biceps as big as my waist. LOL

Pads = So they dont get hurt.
    Helmets = They remain mentally stable.
    Massive biceps = steroids.

Rugby is alot harsher than american football and rugby players get to protection except a gum sheild. American football is still bloody violent though.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    GMs don't give a **** about its community.
    i think they just know we are old enough to wipe our own ****. Just some players are so lazy and impatient they dont even reach for the toilet paper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • The_Wall - Heavens Tear
    The_Wall - Heavens Tear Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Threads like this is why I enjoy Heavens Tear. So much conflict that still hasn't come to an end. We went from TheEmpire having the most land (Radiance was always stronger) to Radiance having the most land. To Enrage having the most land. To Caesar having the most land (Didn't work for most of it). To Tao having the most land and now back to Enrage having the largest income in our server. I am sure at some point Enrage will have a weakening point and some other faction will be the strongest and or largest owner of land at some time in the future. Main reason for this is a culture of taking down the big strong faction. More 100+ characters than other PWI server mostly because there is a reason to be 100+ and compete. I myself have been playing here since October 2008 and I still enjoy the game plenty.

RAWR! I'm a tiger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Pads = So they dont get hurt.
    Helmets = They remain mentally stable.
    Massive biceps = steroids.

Rugby is alot harsher than american football and rugby players get to protection except a gum sheild. American football is still bloody violent though.

You have no idea what you're talking about you sissy.
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

ohhh well that is very true b:surrender
    believe it or not though several people on our server have tried to co-ordinate a combined attack against Nefarious... its not physically possible because no-one seems to be desperate enough to try and take a chunk of the map :|

needless to say if factions tried to allie against a "commomn enemy" so to speak what dyou thinks gonna happen if Nef ever did get wiped off the map? theres gonna be one faction that rises above the rest and we begin our cycle once again. I say theres no solution to this argument an we should al just go back to the game b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    Kuschel - Lost City Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Or you can stop complaining and work toward getting better EQ.

Then fight back.

It happens, just stop complaining.
    No hiding in room 32 NPC.

b:bye
  • eastenders
    eastenders Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Gms do care, i have been helped several times when i played my veno, FrankieRaye is awesome! but you know they only have a certain number of them to all the servers and imagine all the people with problems calling them for help. its no wonder they dont always help everyone

and as for TW i have played HT for a long time and as others have stated large guilds come and go, ownership of land changes a lot. i personally dont do tw because of the times for me being in the uk. i play to have fun so i really dont take notice of TW
  • Abominus - Sanctuary
    Abominus - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Another reality that factions face is that a lot of the times you can assist and train people to make a token effort at mounting some sort of challenge, but as soon as some of the people you've invested in reach the appropriate level, they'll bolt for the dominant faction if it accepts them...as stated before everyone wants to be with a winner. This is all done through the internet, so you never really know anyone's true intentions coming in. The dominant faction gets a steady supply of high powered individuals basically placed in their laps, with more being produced in hundreds of factions throughout the server.

That being said, I do think we need to look inwards for a solution to this issue on Sanctuary as opposed to looking for help from the Powers That Be.

Edit: As an aside, I commented to a friend the other day that I've seen more "Congrats on LVL 100" passed out in WC in these past two or three weeks than I have since my entire year and a half playing the game...though the reasons behind this may be controversial in and of itself, one perhaps unintended effect may be that some factions are now able to breed and retain higher level people themselves and mount a challenge, no matter how feeble it may be. That or the dominant faction simply makes the LVL requirement 100+ in which case we're in deeper. It'll be interesting to see which way the server goes.
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The system is perfect, it works 100% The reason you have guilds completely dominating the map is because they worked their butts off for it fair and square. How dare you lazy whingers cry and complain that everything's so unfair and demmand guilds/GMs to give you land handed to you on a silver platter just because you don't feel like putting in the effort the other guilds did.

I cannot find a single piece of sympathy for any of you. Get higher levelled, work/farm/buy/whateverthefrick your gear and get your act together in working towards a solid loyal guild consisting of players with the same goal as yourself. It's only as hard as you make it.

To say the GMs don't care is a blatant lie. Everytime i've spotted a fake bid they've been quick to act upon it and investigate/ban the dummy guild where nessecary.

Oh by the way, Enrage and Tao weren't built in a day.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
  • _azure_ - Sanctuary
    _azure_ - Sanctuary Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Being a former member of nef I can agree with a few ppl on this thread, vinat for one. Nef by far is the dominant guild of the server and yes has the top 50 of the best players in the server, HOWEVER ppl can change at the drop of a hat. There used to be players in Nef that I had a lot of respect for, that were decent honest players until either their lvl changed them, their position in the guild or their general attitude to other players regardless of lvl or commitment.

Truthfully I've seen members come and go from nef by how people are treated, some harshly, others with disrespect whether people leave, are kicked or just don't feel like TW is worth playing even if it's the top guild holding majority of the land in nef.

Honestly I only hold a handful of players within Nef as good decent people, possibly about 10 of them, Templar being the most decent person I know of because regardless of his lvl or how powerful a barb he is, He's done a lot of things for ppl in and out of nef and actually cares for this friends.

But as far as TW and nef goes, as I said a have a lot of respect for a handful of decent players who haven't turned out arrogant and up their own **** BUT at the sametime after how I was treated last time I have no interest in joining nef again or any other guild for that matter because trust and respect is a hard thing to come by in this game nowadays.
  • jessios
    jessios Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Kinda funny that Sanc's main faction is the same color as Lost City's main faction.

This was our TW map about a month+ ago..

2009-11-1719-08-26.jpg

The GM's said they were going to reset territory maps (I didn't really believe it). So that guild said they'd just do it themselves and they didn't defend while everyone took bits and pieces.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    jessios wrote: »
    Kinda funny that Sanc's main faction is the same color as Lost City's main faction.

This was our TW map about a month+ ago..

2009-11-1719-08-26.jpg

The GM's said they were going to reset territory maps (I didn't really believe it). So that guild said they'd just do it themselves and they didn't defend while everyone took bits and pieces.

Actually the GMs said they in fact were not planning to reset the TW maps at all. I think it was something like;

"At this time we have no plans for a TW map reset."

So i dont know where you got your reset info from, but it has never been planned.