Notice anything wrong here?

waterwalkeroni
waterwalkeroni Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
20100219230445.png
20100219230340.png
20100219230214.png

I never post on forums, but this is out of control.

There should be some kind of level cap to this. If you have not noticed already, the middle picture is of Sanctuary. The other two are random servers(one PvE and one PvP).

At this point, the faction on Sanctuary that currently holds most of the map, is too powerful. Most of the top 50 are in that faction. What happens when a faction tries for TW? Winning factions get coin for their efforts. At this point, its a monopoly. The red faction has too much land and too much coin to even be tried. Each week, the faction gives coin to its players, making them even more powerful. It is a total monopolization.

Reset maps, put a territory cap for how many can be owned, do something. There is no TW on sanctuary at this point. I've seen hundreds of people leave their faction to join the red faction because they get paid weekly a large sum of money. Other factions can't compete with that kind of power. And its only getting worse. Notice I did not include any names.

Monopolization is bad for those of you who don't know what it is.
Post edited by waterwalkeroni on

Comments

• Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LOL!!! this should be posted with the 10 territory cap in suggestion box

pictures coulda been smaller
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    GM's already implied they dont care.

I hate to break it to ya, but your efforts are futile. They simply just dont care. Sorry :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    GMs have never cared, they're pretty useless. Same goes with Admins and Moderators or whoever. Spoons was the only one worth anything.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Spoons was the only one worth anything.

I can agree with this.

PWI has taken a spot on the backburner after the intro of the expansion. Even the rest of the expansion took a special place on the back of the shelf.

They really could care less about TW. Obviously from the start, with the lack of enforcement of 'TW Rules and Restrictions'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    I miss Spoons >.<

He(or she :O think about it) was the only one to actually care/do something.

Anything else I ever got from GMs/Mods/Admins/Ect, has all been something like, "you're being rude, get off wc" or "topic closed because i'm a total **** hole". Spoons actually cared >.<

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm gonna call shenanigans on this post. Your 2 "random" servers arent very random at all. They are Raging Tide, a new server, which wouldnt have had time to build a dominant faction yet, and Lost City, which was already 100% conquerered, but the guild decided to all move to a new guild to have fun retaking the whole map. Dreamweaver and Harshalands are similar looking to Sanctuary, and Heavens Tear has the longest running power struggle between 2 very dominant guilds split down the middle. In time, the 2 you "randomly" (explicitely decided) to chose will be like the rest in ceveral months.

The GMs have already said their wont be any TW map reset. However Heavens Tear has managed to not become a complete monopoly, cause there's enough valid TWers to fill 2 guilds at minimum. Rather then complaining, there have to be at least 200 more valid TWers on Sanctuary capable of coming together if someone actually organizes them.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I agree, TW has never been a concern for PW's staff. And after all this time i must admit i've given up on Sanctuary. There are literally not even a handful of people on the server with the skill/determination to become the core of a concerted effort. Some have tried, and even achieved minor success at first. I'll say it openly, the top dog is corrupt. Much worse, it corrupts. Add the infighting, greed and apathy that seems to have taken over the high levels and all you get are a few delusional factions that are happy just to TW 10 mins for the "experience" and... Well, the rest are just rumors but everyone who's been around Sanct knows what i'm talking about.

If you want to build a strong TW faction stay away from Sanctuary. If you want to cash shop your way into owning most of the map and don't mind paying the higher ups some lip service, then by all means go ahead. It will be disapointing as far as TWing goes but very profitable.

I used to have some respect for the top faction some time ago. Not anymore. Selfishness and self complacency rule and we have in fact gotten to the worst a carebear server can become. It's not just TW, but PvP it's just as in bad a shape.

GMs will do nothing. Players will do nothing. I'll be honest enough to admit that even discussing this is completely useless. All post on this issue, including mine, are nothing but pathetic qqing.
  • Cookiecutter - Harshlands
    Cookiecutter - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm gonna call shenanigans on this post. Your 2 "random" servers arent very random at all. They are Raging Tide, a new server, which wouldnt have had time to build a dominant faction yet, and Lost City, which was already 100% conquerered, but the guild decided to all move to a new guild to have fun retaking the whole map. Dreamweaver and Harshalands are similar looking to Sanctuary, and Heavens Tear has the longest running power struggle between 2 very dominant guilds split down the middle. In time, the 2 you "randomly" (explicitely decided) to chose will be like the rest in ceveral months.

The GMs have already said their wont be any TW map reset. However Heavens Tear has managed to not become a complete monopoly, cause there's enough valid TWers to fill 2 guilds at minimum. Rather then complaining, there have to be at least 200 more valid TWers on Sanctuary capable of coming together if someone actually organizes them.
    This.
    12315151chars
    PartyAnimalb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/watch?v=WfYyBp4Ln2s Mai theme songb:laugh
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Thumbs up to darksylph, was about to say the same thing until I read thread. Don't compare your "fail tw" server to other "omg awesome tw every week" servers
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    i did the same thing, i picked two random servers and it looked alright compared to sanctuary

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Unfortunately the TW system is not set up to encourage balance or competition. Without checks or supervision it has a tendency to devolve- However the situation in Sanctuary has long been acknowledged as the worst amongst all servers.
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Honestly I find it hard to beleive that Sanctuary is incapable of getting a group of 200 people together who can compete with the top faction.

You just need one faction that is capable of bringing together the high levels who can compete with Nefarious.
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Honestly I find it hard to beleive that Sanctuary is incapable of getting a group of 200 people together who can compete with the top faction.

You just need one faction that is capable of bringing together the high levels who can compete with Nefarious.

LOL, sadly enough we really are that pathetic as a server...
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    However the situation in Sanctuary has long been acknowledged as the worst amongst all servers.

Maybe long acknowledged by the ppl on Sanctuary. Lost City was 100% taken by 1 faction. Objectively, thats even worse. Now they're just toying with the community to retake the whole map. But who knows, maybe the other guild holding alot of the cities there will grow into competition.

Every server sees the situation on their own server as signifigantly worse then just a picture of a map on another server. Because they know the history of the factions & territory holdings. They hear the rumors and drama. Objectively speaking, Sanctuary is no worse then Dreamweaver, Harshlands, or Lost City. (Yay for Heaven's Tear having competition.)
  • waterwalkeroni
    waterwalkeroni Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Look at the top 50 of the server. Most of them are in Nefarious.

And yes, I did just pick 2 other servers at random. I picked the new Raging Tide and everyone talks about how bad **** Lost City is for its PvP so I picked that to.
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010

This has been tried time and time and time again.

but in all honesty, this is a pointless thread. Nothing has changed, and nothing will change. And thats the way the cookie crumbles
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Maybe long acknowledged by the ppl on Sanctuary. Lost City was 100% taken by 1 faction. Objectively, thats even worse. Now they're just toying with the community to retake the whole map. But who knows, maybe the other guild holding alot of the cities there will grow into competition.

Every server sees the situation on their own server as signifigantly worse then just a picture of a map on another server. Because they know the history of the factions & territory holdings. They hear the rumors and drama. Objectively speaking, Sanctuary is no worse then Dreamweaver, Harshlands, or Lost City. (Yay for Heaven's Tear having competition.)

I've been on the LC server. It really is not the same.
  • Shelle - Lost City
    Shelle - Lost City Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lost City one guild won whole map. They then all left guild and gave map back. Now they are 2 guilds and have already taken a lot of that land back. They are the lite pink and orange guilds on your ss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Forsakenx
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I dont think they should cap the amount of land able to be held

But

What would be nice is if the gave lands both an income (taxes) and expenditure (maintanance). For some lands the expenditure would be higher than the income, so Factions would need to plan wisely least they find themselves paying out more than they earn.

Note: Due to no new Faction would bid on a land with an expenditure > income. This would only come into play after X amount of lands were owned

ie: Faction Y can own up to 4 lands before expenditure kicks it on the 5th land
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There was a time when Conqueror owned 100% of Lost City. 100%. The whole map was red.

Now, it's a struggle between Essence, Spectral, Kamisama and we could maybe say Ruthless and YaKuZa on a smaller plan. But I'm pretty sure that if they wanted to, Essence could own more than half the map.

It will turn around, it always does.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just ask nef nicely to give up their terrirtory.. oh no wait. They like money and power to much. I think this is potentially game breaking, isn't it? I mean if they are in the dominant faction, they can get a great supply of coins for pretty much just having all the top players and no competition. If anyone rises to threaten them, just buy them out.. wait that sounds something like what happened in that one movie with the spartans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    I'm sure there must be several factions out there capable of stepping up as a rival if they merge or something. If you want this situation to be solved so bad, you might have to let a couple of members behind, aim for the very high levels, merge 2 or 3 factions and go to battle.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm sure there must be several factions out there capable of stepping up as a rival if they merge or something. If you want this situation to be solved so bad, you might have to let a couple of members behind, aim for the very high levels, merge 2 or 3 factions and go to battle.

I think the problem was that Sanctuary had (what was it most?) of the top 50 players in the Monopolized Guild. Top 50, that is quite high I think.. and with the time they spent there they are pretty "organized". Would be nice if they at least treated the player base as like a nice overlording guild. Ya know.. like give hand outs, I know I seen a lot of them helping their low level buddies but I've yet to see a random one just go out and help alot of people that needed it if they didn't benefit slightly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Well from a certain point of view, it's understandable. If they love dominating as much as you say they do, helping people out in order to level up and eventually become stronger would be working against themselves. Eventhough, the probability that that one guy they helped might someday become strong enough to be considered as a threat to them is very low, I guess it still matches the attitude you're describing.

I don't really know what to tell you, there must be more than 50 good players on your server. Whining about it on the forums will definitly not make Nefarious any weaker anyway. Unless you can gather some kind of community on the forums and make sure they band up in game to stop Nefarious or something like that.

edit : Now that I think about it, it can be a hell of a motivation. Nefarious is obviously the #1 enemy here, so if you really care, you can try to do everything in your power to put an end to their dominion. Based on the amount of people whining, I'm sure you're not alone. No one rules forever anyway.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    To the people on page 1, who decided it was a good idea to bash GM's and mods alike:
    GM's do not create this game. The devs do. You say they don't do anything you ask, I say the DEVS don't do that. The devs are in China, our GM's can only report good suggestions to them, not actually add them. They do care, but it's not their fault if stuff like this doesn't get added, that decision lies with the devs.
    As for us mods, we only have power on the forums. How the heck do you expect us to create updates for the game? Don't say we don't care about you guys, we do everything possible to make your life on the forums better, but we can't do anything ingame.
    Leaving this open because the bashing was restricted to page 1. Start again and this thread goes bye-bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    TW-DW.jpg

Dreamweaver. Nuff Said

someone didn't compare the right servers I guess
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited February 2010
    Iirc, PH servers reset their maps for an event/tournament of some sort. b:shocked
  • ZzzKyantezzz - Sanctuary
    ZzzKyantezzz - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm smelling some change in Sanctuary soon b:cute
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There used to be two main guilds in Sanctuary, with wins passing back and forth. Until a weakening of one brought every other guild to attack the weakened guild. Which brings it to its current standing. No pity, serves all the other guilds right.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    In Sanctuary (at my time) there were 2 powerfull TW faction:

-Nefarious
    -Legendary

those two guilds were almost balanced each other (i always thought Nef had an edge btw), they were always in fight between territories and the map was likely cut in half...

then the ANNI PACKS came out again, and that was the end b:surrender

this add makes most of the Legendary member LEAVE THE GAME, so Nefarious took the opportunity and rushed to TW to an almost complete map

few other faction like Regicide, Outlaw and more then buried completely the Leg territories and we are at this point now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<