Notice anything wrong here?

Options

Comments

• Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Dreamweaver and Harshalands are similar looking to Sanctuary

You're calling shenanigans because we have 3 servers in this sorry state and not just 1.
    I think you just reinforced what he was trying to say.
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Look at the top 50 of the server. Most of them are in Nefarious.

And your point is?

Are you trying to say the top 50 of a server should not be allowed to be in the same faction?

The whole idea of a TW faction is to be as strong as you can be. →FacePalm←
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

That is the idea and how it should be. However, PW is now incredibly easy to level in and the newer players who are playing rather than the older generation who just had CS/WQ have came under the impression it is now their right to be able to do well in TW. They have been handed everything else so they should get into the top TW factions aswell.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That is the idea and how it should be. However, PW is now incredibly easy to level in and the newer players who are playing rather than the older generation who just had CS/WQ have came under the impression it is now their right to be able to do well in TW. They have been handed everything else so they should get into the top TW factions aswell.

Eventually big factions might have to have a PK tournament to find new members b:shocked

Actually, that sounds kind of cool...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Eventually big factions might have to have a PK tournament to find new members b:shocked

Actually, that sounds kind of cool...

That sounds cool to me aswell xD. They would have to organise it well though so it doesn't end up crazy b:chuckle.

• AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I LOVE Essence's faction icon. b:cute

And Raging Tide's map is so pretty. QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Really? Do me a favor and look on the Lost City threads when Cq owned the whole map. I don't even see how gold sellers could be tied into this. A former guild leader of mine who wont be named, basically said he could get cash for tw gold..never did it thank goodness but yeah..that would be only benefiting him and wont mess up the servers economy. Ohh gold sellers not illegal ones...got it...anyway. Go to LC forum, scroll back a few pages and find threads labeled "omg cq is messing up economy". They never did, not like Dai gave ALL of the salary away to everyone( only get paid if you go to TW that's 80 people max and I think back then max salary was 3mil?... that's no where near close the amount that the guild got weekly) Yes it was easier to buy things with gold...but people where not stupid enough to buy overpriced gold like gold for 900k. Just because you have money doesn't mean you have to be stupid with it.

ya... doubt its 3mil. im in calamity, we dont own the whole map and im getting 5mil.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    And your point is?

Are you trying to say the top 50 of a server should not be allowed to be in the same faction?

You're missing the whole point. On Sanctuary its just, "Lets see how many people Nef can kill today." There is no one else that has that kind of power. The only time someone beats Nef is when they let them win because they just took over 4 more pieces of land and will take over the land they lost next week.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You're missing the whole point. On Sanctuary its just, "Lets see how many people Nef can kill today." There is no one else that has that kind of power. The only time someone beats Nef is when they let them win because they just took over 4 more pieces of land and will take over the land they lost next week.

Then they are clearly the best TW faction. You cant stop the best being the best you can only try and become the best yourself, but if you do that people will QQ about that faction and the cycle will repeat itself.

• wtvdie
    wtvdie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Then they are clearly the best TW faction. You cant stop the best being the best you can only try and become the best yourself, but if you do that people will QQ about that faction and the cycle will repeat itself.

well obviously. whoever is in first is always hated. ive seen so many ppl bash calamity. when i ask why, its cause they are asses for not giving ppl money. which really isnt a good reason. lol
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    pretty much a terrible comparison.. first server is completely new so obviously a major dominating faction couldn't possibly emerge yet and the last server is a dumb comparison too as the whole map was red but the guild disbanded and reformed to have fun tw. with so many people 100+ now if you can't beat a guild 1v3 you are doing something wrong.
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I agreee the situation in Sanctuaty is getting out of hand... iv only ever been in 2 TW's myself (believe it or not we lasted much longer against nef than we did Legendary) and that was far before nef took the map too. from what my brother tels me Nef only gets paid from a mere 10 teratories that they own so one begs the question why do they have to have the whole map? for the free teleportation i guess... its no wonder they are so powerfull they can do WQ in 10 min or less and not cost them a cent :/

my only hope is that the GM's say "right Nefs had there fun they own the whole map, lets have a clean slate and let some little guys have a chance shall we?"

bahaha I crack myself up b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options

Ok, let me put this in easier terms for you.

Nef owns most of the map. Most of top 50 are in Nef. Best players on Sanc + Best items on server = Win.

You propose that a better faction will come along. The longer Nef is in power, the more money it gets and the greater the gap gets. Each week they can buy better items and upgrade their gear even higher. Its called monopolizing in the general terms.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Apparently I have been misunderstood. Nothing specifically against you Tech. You have your views and I have mine. Just because we are on the opposite ends on some one them does not make either one of us right or wrong. I just stated that I am surprised an individual who constantly calls the Dev's, GM's, and Mods worthless, good for nothings, and so on and so forth has not been banned yet. Then I stated that the banning procedure is completely biased. I said that because another individual mentioned another mmorpg on the forum one time, ONE TIME, and got banned. Never got a warning beforehand or anything. Now I'm sorry, but that was wrong and totally uncalled for. I see people constantly mention other games and only get a warning.

So to clarify my previous statements: To not ban an individual who constantly trash talks the powers that be, and to ban an individual for something others simply get a warning for, without even being given a warning beforehand, is biased.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I agreee the situation in Sanctuaty is getting out of hand... iv only ever been in 2 TW's myself (believe it or not we lasted much longer against nef than we did Legendary) and that was far before nef took the map too. from what my brother tels me Nef only gets paid from a mere 10 teratories that they own so one begs the question why do they have to have the whole map? for the free teleportation i guess... its no wonder they are so powerfull they can do WQ in 10 min or less and not cost them a cent :/

bahaha I crack myself up b:chuckle

Nah teleport is on 1 hour cooldown. So on LC when the map was reset by CQ, lots of people wanted 1k teleport, 1 for the pots and also, it gets you East Barrier village which is last book on wq. I liked having the whole map because if there was a pk battle or something, you could quickly get to it. Also, having Town of Arrivals is really handy for HH teleport.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • FootStep - Sanctuary
    FootStep - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    tl;dr the whole thread, just the first few pages.
    I'm gonna call shenanigans on this post. Your 2 "random" servers arent very random at all. They are Raging Tide, a new server, which wouldnt have had time to build a dominant faction yet, and Lost City, which was already 100% conquerered, but the guild decided to all move to a new guild to have fun retaking the whole map. Dreamweaver and Harshalands are similar looking to Sanctuary, and Heavens Tear has the longest running power struggle between 2 very dominant guilds split down the middle. In time, the 2 you "randomly" (explicitely decided) to chose will be like the rest in ceveral months.

Exactly what I was thinking...
    And yes, I did just pick 2 other servers at random. I picked the new Raging Tide and everyone talks about how bad **** Lost City is for its PvP so I picked that to.

That's not picking at random, that's using information you know to decide upon the servers that might make the best example.
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nah teleport is on 1 hour cooldown. So on LC when the map was reset by CQ, lots of people wanted 1k teleport, 1 for the pots and also, it gets you East Barrier village which is last book on wq. I liked having the whole map because if there was a pk battle or something, you could quickly get to it. Also, having Town of Arrivals is really handy for HH teleport.

wait so... if i were in Nef and i went to the teleportation master in lost city and said teleport me to archosaur, id have to wait another hour before i could use the teleportation service for free again O.o?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wait so... if i were in Nef and i went to the teleportation master in lost city and said teleport me to archosaur, id have to wait another hour before i could use the teleportation service for free again O.o?

the free teleports arent exactly the way alot of people think it uses your hourly teleport skill to teleport yourself you go to map territories then you click your land you wanna teleport to then the town name and wait the channeling and poof your in that town.

also someone said they only get paid for 10 lands that is incorrect you get paid for every single territory you own and i know cause i was in calamity till i left.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Lupumid - Sanctuary
    Lupumid - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    actually just last night nefarious got beat by regicide. it was like a 3 hour war but they came out on top
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Candeh_Love - Sanctuary
    Candeh_Love - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I am so not gonna read through all these pages but to sum it up, I think it goes like this:
    1.Q.Q Nef owns 99% of the map in Sanctuary
    2.Q.Q others don't stand a chance
    3.Q.Q they all are cash shoppers and/or insanely rich from all the TW-ing
    4.Q.Q just for the sake of Q.Q-ing

So what? Can you do anything about it?Will anyone do anything about it? "reset the servers teritory map" Yeah, right, like that's gonna happen *rolls her eyes* And no, I'm not in Nef.

So if you can't do anything about it and you can't think of anything to do about it and/or you won't do anything about it than Q.Q-ing over a lost cause then the hell is this thread having so many pages?o.o

I don't like what's going on no more than others but if we just whine about it things aren't gonna change, not now, not in 6 months or a year.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    \
    I don't like what's going on no more than others but if we just whine about it things aren't gonna change, not now, not in 6 months or a year.

Q.Q is part of life . . if you human you Q.Q b:laugh
    then you Q.Q trying to stop the other from Q.Q ing . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Candeh_Love - Sanctuary
    Candeh_Love - Sanctuary Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Q.Q is part of life . . if you human you Q.Q b:laugh
    then you Q.Q trying to stop the other from Q.Q ing . .

Oh so wait a second! So if I Q.Q to stop others from Q.Q then maybe we can work this as a strategy!
    Lets all Q.Q instead of TW-ing ;o We'll get the lands from Nef in a heart beat with all the Q.Q-ing that goes around.

Woohoo! Perfect solution! Nef won't stand a chance against the Q.Q League! Omg now I wanna make a faction called like that xD
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    On Dreamweaver, Calamity has been dominating for a loooong time now. They own most of the map, they got the best gear and highest lvls and what not.

So, really, who cares ?

I go to TW with my faction, and granted, we get our a... handed over to us sometimes, and sometimes it's just fun to last more then 30-40 minutes.
    We go in there for the experience and the FUN.

There's no point in whining over some fac owning all the lands. Just level up and get yourself great gear, get into a nice fun fac and wait till the dominating ones are bored and leave or wait till you can kick their butts yourself.

Just remember this : "Ooh, our fac dominates the server" doesn't mean squat to anyone who realizes it's just a game. So why whine about it. I only have respect for those that are nice & fun, not for those that dominate anything. And i've seen a LOT of players become arrogant once they're high lvl or own some lands. Pathetic really.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ok, let me put this in easier terms for you.

Nef owns most of the map. Most of top 50 are in Nef. Best players on Sanc + Best items on server = Win.

You propose that a better faction will come along. The longer Nef is in power, the more money it gets and the greater the gap gets. Each week they can buy better items and upgrade their gear even higher. Its called monopolizing in the general terms.

You read my post wrong b:surrender. What i said was sarcasm as people now think they have a right to everything as the game in incredibly easier than in the past. The best are their because its the best faction and the top 50 players have spent alot of time and no doubt spent thousands on the game. So why shouldn't they dominate the map and earn a fortune.

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You read my post wrong b:surrender. What i said was sarcasm as people now think they have a right to everything as the game in incredibly easier than in the past. The best are their because its the best faction and the top 50 players have spent alot of time and no doubt spent thousands on the game. So why shouldn't they dominate the map and earn a fortune.
    ignore tech he has a bad habit of posting things that are extremely wrong like his bow damage example earlier this week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Poeple are just lazy and want GM to fix PLZ, instead of actually co-ordinating attacks and working with rest of the server.

Its fully possible for a server to take down 1 dominating faction tho, learn to triple attack dammit. Actually you can have more than 3 attacks each WAR period as well, that was reveled when CQ gave up all land. They had 5 guilds attacking same time, since pretty much every faction on the server was trying to get free land, there wasn't enough free slots. So they got up to 5 wars at the same time - which is contrary to what the rules states with only 3 attack wars same time.

Problem is hard work and co-ordinating stuff, really isn't something everyone wants to do during spare time when playing a video game b:surrender. Its easier to ask for re-sets and QQ than spend loads of time preparing triple attacks with other factions/working on TW strategy's/merge with other high lvls etc. So a dominating faction will in most cases have it pretty safe since no one has the energy to devote entire weeks for TWs.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    QQQQ >.>
    that kinda map happens when pple cant stick together in one fac, loyalty or not. One thing happens, pple give up on the fac. Another thing happens, they jump to the winning team. Something else happens, they build their own fac. Then they all wonder WTF happened to the map. I say pple just dont have the endurance and patience.

To every action there is a REaction, aka cause and effect.

The dominant factions are not to blame, its not like they have any member limit bonuses over 200+. Yes they may have an advantage atm but hell their not gods. Just too many pple jump facs before its strong enough to take the dominant ones, then they go and blame the strongest faction to cover up their weak wills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MeatPopcicle - Sanctuary
    MeatPopcicle - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Enforce these and things will change. Here are the TW rules from PWI's own wiki.

Declaring War

In order to declare war on a territory, there are certain requirements that must be met by your guild.

Rules for Declaring War:

1. Your guild can only attack one territory per week.

2. If your guild currently does not own any territories, then you can only declare war on Tier 3 territories.

3. If your guild already owns territories, then you can only declare war on territories that are adjacent to your existing territories.

4. In order to declare war on a Tier 2 territory, you must already own at least two Tier 3 territories and at least one of your territories must be directly adjacent to it.

5. In order to declare war on a Tier 1 territory, you must already own at least three territories and at least one of your territories must be directly adjacent to it.

6. If your guild already owns a Tier 1 territory, you are not allowed to declare war upon another Tier 1 territory.

(Note: This rule is currently bugged, but will be fixed in the near future.)

(Territories which are colored grey indicate that your guild does not meet the war declaration requirements for that given territory.)

Every major city is a Tier 1 territory and Nef owns 4 of the 5. This is exploiting a bug.

I don't do TW and I really don't care who owns the map, but I do care about abiding by the rules. If the GMs/devs care about people pulling mobs through walls, then they should care about this too.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't do TW and I really don't care who owns the map, but I do care about abiding by the rules. If the GMs/devs care about people pulling mobs through walls, then they should care about this too.

Your fighting for a lost cause, when spoons left so did all hope that they would spend more time helping and caring and less time on thinking of new pack ideas.

• Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Enforce these and things will change. Here are the TW rules from PWI's own wiki.

(Note: This rule is currently bugged, but will be fixed in the near future.)

GMs don't give a **** about its community.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com