Disable click to move?

Options

Comments

• mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    frankly click move doesn't make sense in this game. its all good to alt + click a location and fly there, and no one's asking to remove that, but in normal combat clicking somewhere wrong can get annoying - esp if the mob runs fast, like those in TT, or the mobs in fb59 that goes WOOSH up a cliff and you end up running to the cliff wall instead. its just a little something that may improve game play, nobody is bawwing over it (except for whoever wanted to leave). hell, i got to lvl 70 tolerating it.
  • Black_fall - Heavens Tear
    Black_fall - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I use click to move a lot. But when fighting, I always hold my finger over the S key, just in case I miss click. I hate running into a mob wehn I was trying to pull one baddie out (w/ a bow).

I think having both is the best option. Just have to alter your play style a bit to fit it.
  • Enina - Heavens Tear
    Enina - Heavens Tear Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I use click-to-move a lot, too. If you use WASD, you always move according to how the camera points. Click-to-move moves you to a set of coordinates, ignoring which way the camera points - which lets me run at a place, while still being able to look around without slowing or changing direction.

But, that said, I, too, would love a click-to-select-only option, such as holding control or shift down while clicking. Dunno how many times I've run at Golden Edges instead of targetting them...
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I use click to move a lot. But when fighting, I always hold my finger over the S key, just in case I miss click. I hate running into a mob wehn I was trying to pull one baddie out (w/ a bow).

I think having both is the best option. Just have to alter your play style a bit to fit it.

I use the same method. By now I don't even have to think about it. If my click misses the target and I start to move, I don't take more than one momentary step forward before I'm back in position.
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • StellarAshes - Heavens Tear
    StellarAshes - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    wasd is required for games those have fastpaced actions, such as wow. click-move is nono, which can easily disrupt your micro as one misclick could result in moving forward instead of selecting the target. you might end up dying fast if you are a ranged class and your target is melee. but pw is somewhat slowpaced, so I guess clickmove is fine here...

In another game, many (though admittedly not all) top GvG (basically endgame PvP in the game) players use click to move as the path algorithm is quite good, which means that you will arrive at where you click faster than you would with WASD, and you can also kite better with click-to-move, which is very important in PvP in that game.

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with click-to-move. I think the main issue is that you can only target something by clicking on it. Anyone past 7x can tell you clicking on those thin swords were a pain, or if you were the Veno in TT, clicking on those blazingly fast mobs through a door is also pretty much a pain. So I think it's not the click-to-move that needs to be fixed/disabled/whatever, they should just add new ways of targeting like many suggested, be it highlight on the minimap, or use keys.
  • Wei - Heavens Tear
    Wei - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    In WoW, you can turn on click-to-move as well, but 99% pvpers don't ever use it. Guess why? You kite better with WASD. In situation when click-to-move is really better than WASD (which is very rare), you can juse hit auto-run. Imo, WoW's control is far supieror than PW's

Anyway, I'm not trying to advertise WoW here, (it has it's own problem)we are just asking for turning off click-to-move.
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    why not just use both function? I use both WASD and click to move. WASD when i'm on my mount in archo and while grinding. Click to move when i'm on the air or when i'm lazy to use WASD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ogmund
    ogmund Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    There should certainly be a toggle switch which allows players to turn off click-move. It would keep many people happier and yet cause no issues to those who don't need it.
  • Yunaeck - Heavens Tear
    Yunaeck - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I never really realized how many random left clicks I made in the game world, until I could not disable click to move lol... I also am a little annoyed with no tab targeting, unless I have some option checked that I should not.
    I have not been able to find where to bind keys. I have a very specific routine/control layout that I use for games like Warhammer and WoW and I would really love to be able to translate those to here. However, I am unable to find anything related to key bindings, targeting preferences etc. Are these options not in the game? Or am I just overlooking them... Other than that I can see myself becoming easily addicted to this game, just a few things holding me back from it at the moment.

After scanning over most of the thread I guess these options are just not in the game, but please someone tell me they are.
  • Theotus - Heavens Tear
    Theotus - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    JYou really need to read all posts. PW USES WASD! It also uses click to move, so now I ask, what's your problem with a game that uses both movement feature?

Also, for those who are upset about clicking to attack mobs, I understand your dilemma, and it would be nice to have something like auto target implemented. BUT, click to move shouldn't be disabled, especially if you were to auto target a mob that you don't want to attack, I know having an auto target feature would reduce a lot of my clicking mistakes. But we shouldn't remove the movement features currently in use.

And also(I keep forgetting to add things, haha) double clicking a mob attacks the target, but if you only single click, it only selects the target. :-)
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I use the click to move alot... When I'm bored of using both hands.. And when I capture images for moviesb:chuckle

I think about mis-clicking on mobs it would be better to get something implemented where you can click a button and it selects a mob nearby, another click means next mob nearby... No more mouse mis-clicking...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    lol I only use the "W" button to move, and to turn I hold right click and rotate the screen b:pleased
  • Yunaeck - Heavens Tear
    Yunaeck - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    JYou really need to read all posts. PW USES WASD! It also uses click to move, so now I ask, what's your problem with a game that uses both movement feature?

That you don't have the CHOICE to disable one or the other? I don't think anyone wants to take click to move out of the game. People would just like to have a little more CHOICE in their control layouts.

Why do people keep saying this over an over" IT HAS BOTH BLAHBLAHBLAH" I don't think anyone who has complained about click to move wasn't aware of that. Some people would like a little more CHOICE in their controls as in not having two completely different styles of movement turned on at the same time. A Toggle feature would be really sweet, because there are times when each has its advantage.
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    I'm alright with click to move. In fact, it's instinctivly my primary method of navigation. While doing the snake isle race or navigating through an area with countless players everywhere if I can't click anywhere I result to WASD movement (along with holding down the right mouse button and moving the mouse to turn).
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Proposal:
    To click-to move to a location on the map, change it to ALT+click, i.e. the current auto-pathing system on visual terrain. Not holding ALT will only allow you to click click-able objects just as mobs, people/NPCs, herbs, etc. When you move long distances, a quick holding of ALT isn't hard. I often find myself holding ALT when travelling but forgetting that auto-pathing only works on the map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Proposal:
    To click-to move to a location on the map, change it to ALT+click, i.e. the current auto-pathing system on visual terrain. Not holding ALT will only allow you to click click-able objects just as mobs, people/NPCs, herbs, etc. When you move long distances, a quick holding of ALT isn't hard. I often find myself holding ALT when travelling but forgetting that auto-pathing only works on the map.

I hate that idea since 99% of the time I click to move. Why should I have to press extra keys to move? IF anything, make it so holding crt-click would make it so you do not move, and just select clickable items.. Or just make it so the current shift+click does not make your character move.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Options
    Proposal:

Alt-Click allows you to click through mobs, and it would be annoying to have to alt-click to move while kiting mobs and trying to cast spells at the same time.

So...NO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • madigital
    madigital Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Installed. Found out I couldn't DISABLE click to move. Unistalled.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    madigital wrote: »

Good for you. This thread is months old, you know?

necro

Oh, and that's undoubtedly one of the stupidest reasons for not trying a game that I've heard.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Undercurrent - Harshlands
    Undercurrent - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I would not play a game that didn,t allow click to move. WSDA nice for certain situation but 99% of time i click to move.

Not sure whats to complain about when you can choose whichever you prefer since both options avaliable.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I hate click to move. Every last person I've known hates click to move. I have never seen a single person to like it. Why do free games insist on being click to move? Hasn't WASD become the norm.? Is there a way to disable click to move?

Necro thread ftw

~S
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    My wife prefers click to move over using the WASD keys because she gets motion sick when using the WASD keys.

So.. looks like there is at LEAST a single person who likes it.

Also, last time I checked, using the WASD keys was enabled in this game *goes and looks again* Yup, sure are.. what are you smoking?

~S

Saitada, that person quit back in April of '09...b:surrender

Also, necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Also, necro.

I already said that but no one listened.b:cry
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

I didn't see yours. I'm sorry b:cry

But in response to your post...I uninstalled HKO because it had ONLY click-to-move...is that bad? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Yeah. I realized that as I started reading through the thread, came across one of my own posts, then went /facepalm. I guess that is what I get for looking for something to troll. b:laugh

~S
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ohh well.

6a00d8341c581e53ef010536bbe3df970b-800wi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yeah. I realized that as I started reading through the thread, came across one of my own posts, then went /facepalm. I guess that is what I get for looking for something to troll. b:laugh

~S

How could you, uncle. b:angry
    inb4lock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Shazaaam - Lost City
    Shazaaam - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    necroers XD

oh no im necroing too o.o
  • cydvx
    cydvx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    madigital wrote: »

Best comment on this thread, you save me 3go of download thanks!!

are you serious, a clic-to-move game in 2010? Where is the strategy, and boss fight? right click on it and wait until he's dead? coooooollll

You should put that in sticky so every new players will know

have fun kids with your free mmo
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Click to move, not attack. Besides, maybe 5% of the population uses only click to move for moving. Lrn2WASD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric