Disable click to move?

Bryle - Sanctuary
Bryle - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
I hate click to move. Every last person I've known hates click to move. I have never seen a single person to like it. Why do free games insist on being click to move? Hasn't WASD become the norm.? Is there a way to disable click to move?
Post edited by Bryle - Sanctuary on

Comments

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Click to move > WASD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adensem - Heavens Tear
    Adensem - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You do know wsad can also be used right? You don't have to use your mouse/touch pad to move...
    We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abondoned; struck down, but not destroyed. b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    edited April 2009
    You do know wsad can also be used right? You don't have to use your mouse/touch pad to move...

You do know I just said "click to move > WASD", right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bryle - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Click to move is horrible. I'm tired of every time I click something I'm going in a completely wrong direction. This is a good game. One of the best free games out there but the controls are just horrible. It's just so supremely horrible control system that it's ruining the game really really fast.
    edited April 2009
    Click to move is horrible. I'm tired of every time I click something I'm going in a completely wrong direction. This is a good game. One of the best free games out there but the controls are just horrible. It's just so supremely horrible control system that it's ruining the game really really fast.

Do you mean when you try to target a mob you mis-click the mob?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • keyshey
    keyshey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Click to move is horrible. I'm tired of every time I click something I'm going in a completely wrong direction.

hmmmm...
    maybe there's a problem w/ how you click b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bryle - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    I hate click to move. It's not very accurate. The movement is clunky at best. The whole moving random directions mid jump thing is pretty ****. I don't like wow, and I understand games for not wanting to be like it. But for the love of god at least copy their movement system. It works this doesn't.
    edited April 2009
    I hate click to move. It's not very accurate. The movement is clunky at best. The whole moving random directions mid jump thing is pretty ****. I don't like wow, and I understand games for not wanting to be like it. But for the love of god at least copy their movement system. It works this doesn't.

Um, yes, it does work.

I just clicked to move my character halfway across the map in the instance, and alt-tabbed to the forums! b:pleased

If I had to use WASD to do that, I wouldn't have posted this just now. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bryle - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Point to click is horrible. This is a decent game but it just goes to show how a horrible control scheme can ruin it. It has a horrid amount of customization to your controls. Your forced to use point to click. Turning sucks. There seems to be a lag between clicking a NPC and actually getting a menu to pop up.

I'm leaving this ****ty game. I guess point to clicks are just so much easier to make cause it seems to be so hard it's not worth the effort of just putting in movement controls that make sense and work.
    edited April 2009
    Point to click is horrible. This is a decent game but it just goes to show how a horrible control scheme can ruin it. It has a horrid amount of customization to your controls. Your forced to use point to click. Turning sucks. There seems to be a lag between clicking a NPC and actually getting a menu to pop up.

I'm leaving this ****ty game. I guess point to clicks are just so much easier to make cause it seems to be so hard it's not worth the effort of just putting in movement controls that make sense and work.

Bye bye, don't let the door hit on on the way out. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XPapewaiox - Lost City
    XPapewaiox - Lost City Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Um, you can use WASD to move your character. Pretty easy to do, just press and hold one of 'w', 'a', 's', or 'd' and watch your character run in a direction!

You also have the option of moving with your mouse. For those too stupid to use either one, please /quit and /uninstall.
  • Mr_jingle - Sanctuary
    Mr_jingle - Sanctuary Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Maybe there should be an option to disable it for those who don't want it but please don't let the feature to click to move be removed from the game. I hate to hold down a button to move all the time on the keyboard, and I am sure I'm not the only one.
  • KallenHapti - Sanctuary
    KallenHapti - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    wow please
    i am left handed and i hate click to move too
    BUT it's 10 times better than NOT having custom controls
    i'll quit the game if i have to use WASD with my right hand
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Banned TB hairstyle made my Kallen cry b:sad
    Training my new wizzie. Current status lvl5X. b:pleased
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Buh Buy baby.

Don't let the door slap you in the nether parts on your way out.

One less dumb **** to worry about guys.

Thank god something small pissed them off and made them leave early on because they were not able to adjust. Least we won't haffa listen to them QQ anymore b:laughb:laugh

~S
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    OK, I think the OP is having a temper tantrum and ignoring the fact that having both systems is the best option of all (except we do need an option to shift-click or something in order to make sure we DON'T move), but I do think that the fact that you can't customize the controls is a great big, "GO AWAY!" sign to many new players.

I almost gave up before I started when I realized there was no mouse-invert option. In fact, I did give up. But then a couple of days later I was thinking about it and realized I was acting just like my dad who refuses to learn new ways to do things and instead gets mad and goes on rants about the rest of the world not doing things the way he is used to doing them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If OP was a troll, congrats to you.

If OP was genuinely too stupid/ignorant to realize both click to ove and wasd are in this game so people can choose which to use, or even use both if/when it suits them, then glad you went ahead and quit. Nobody will miss you.
    edited April 2009
    truekossy wrote: »
    If OP was a troll, congrats to you.

If OP was genuinely too stupid/ignorant to realize both click to ove and wasd are in this game so people can choose which to use, or even use both if/when it suits them, then glad you went ahead and quit. Nobody will miss you.

OP isn't a troll.

Agree with second paragraph I do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fedxp - Lost City
    Fedxp - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Buh Buy baby.

Don't let the door slap you in the nether parts on your way out.

One less dumb **** to worry about guys.

Thank god something small pissed them off and made them leave early on because they were not able to adjust. Least we won't haffa listen to them QQ anymore b:laughb:laugh

~S

*stiffled giggles* b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Perpetual w00tage...b:sin
  • Advent_fox - Sanctuary
    Advent_fox - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    it's funny really, all I really ever use is "click to move"

why does everyone hate it??

I think it works absolutely great, probably wouldn't play the game if they didn't have it
  • Vulpix - Lost City
    Vulpix - Lost City Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, now that OP is gone!
    PARTAY!!!

I'm gonna click to move over to the punch bowl!!
    *dances by clicking*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TY _Bloody_Fox_ for the sig ^_^
    I think venomancers are a pretty cool guy, eh mances the venom and doesn't afraid of anything.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I would say click to move with a mouse is better when playing a Cleric as you click where you want to go as long as you raise you camera angle up 45degrees.This is better than using wasd for kiting.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Eliathel - Lost City
    Eliathel - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I mean click to move was great!!! ITS GREAT! On WOW I had to keep pressing the stupid button to move! So annoyingg!
  • BridgetF - Heavens Tear
    BridgetF - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Click to move is ok and useful in some situations. To run endlessly, just click the sky in front of you. You're going to run till you bump into the next obstacle ;)

A run key would be nice though. You just press R (like 'Run') once and your character runs until R is pressed again. No abusing the poor W key anymore.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I just lost 5 chips in the Cube because of this. I clicked to target the final mob, but missed and ended up running towards it. By the time I got the camera turned around, double-clicked on the teleport master to run back, then had to double-click again to finish the quest because apparently clicking on something under the chat window will make you move but won't talk to an NPC, time had expired.

It would be really nice to have a key which let you click-to-target, but prevented you from moving. NWN also had the click-to-run and click-to-target interface, but holding down shift when clicking would disable the click-to-run. So you could target without fear of accidentally running somewhere you didn't want to go.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I prefer to click to move. Just point where you want to go and it goes there by itself. Can chat or check other things while you are running to the selected place. It only doesn't work in overcrowded places (Archosaur). There I choose to press W and move camera view so I would run to the needed place :P

One think I dislike is "click to move" is when you want to click on target and misclick it as it moves too fast or is too thin. The result sometimes really hurts...
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I hate click to move. Every last person I've known hates click to move. I have never seen a single person to like it. Why do free games insist on being click to move? Hasn't WASD become the norm.? Is there a way to disable click to move?

I'm only quoteing one of the op's post but all lead me to this conclusion.
    WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!!!
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Foxy_licious - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_licious - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    move to click FTW FoXy loves it so it will stay there for ever
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [XxX][I don't have to justify the way I live my life][XxX]
  • Wei - Heavens Tear
    Wei - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    wasd is required for games those have fastpaced actions, such as wow. click-move is nono, which can easily disrupt your micro as one misclick could result in moving forward instead of selecting the target. you might end up dying fast if you are a ranged class and your target is melee. but pw is somewhat slowpaced, so I guess clickmove is fine here...

anyway, I'm a veno. A bm would still laugh at me whenever I misclick and move forward to him/her instead of run away and kite him >.> i've been trying hard to find a way to disable click-move. I got no luck so far :/

And did you wow players even realize that you can auto-run your char in wow? you dont need click-move to be lazy!
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Whats the point of this? You can use wasd.
  • Wei - Heavens Tear
    Wei - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Whats the point of this? You can use wasd.

You cant be so serious. you still dont understand what we are asking for... or is it just because it doesnt affect you mouse clickers?

We are asking for disabling the clickmove, not adding the wasd. we knew wasd was there, always.

And I want my char's movement 100% well controlled by my right brain, not by some random mistakes made by my left brain when I acutally intend to select one of the targets. It can be really frustrating sometimes.