YukiChana - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Frankie you are seriously evil b:shedtear
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Strawberry_
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I was in it, had lots of fun running around shooting things. Took part in 4 or 5 kills on Brigand Transient, got a Sleeves of Sea Captain mold drop (out of 3 or 4 molds that dropped from him total). Also took a few shots at Hooli, Firefox, and Fats.

Then helped take out Reclusive Spikewing. Most of the work was done by Kylin, and no drops from him sadly.

Finally, spent a good 40 minutes figuring out how to kill Demonic Tyrant, a Nirvana boss. Thanks to Sezan for pointing out the method, and that Takoda barb (Anhksomething) for tanking it. Only dropped one nirvana palace chest though, and Bain from Kylin dropped an Armageddon on the group waiting to try to get the drop. Not sure who wound up with the loot.

All in all, it was a fun hour and a half. Lost a fair bit of XP, and died a bunch both to PKers and unfamiliar bosses, but still, it was a nice break from the usual. Also, I got a couple of GM resses b:thanks
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    Sheets - Sanctuary Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well its a step in the right direction....

!~ me
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The biggest event fail of all time. Woke up at 8am just to get 1 hit by a 40+ meter AoE. Hercs and Barbs were dropping like flies.

The ONLY drop out of the entire event was a pair of golden axes with level req of 115. You guys really thought this one through.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I was in it, had lots of fun running around shooting things. Took part in 4 or 5 kills on Brigand Transient, got a Sleeves of Sea Captain mold drop (out of 3 or 4 molds that dropped from him total). Also took a few shots at Hooli, Firefox, and Fats.

Then helped take out Reclusive Spikewing. Most of the work was done by Kylin, and no drops from him sadly.

Finally, spent a good 40 minutes figuring out how to kill Demonic Tyrant, a Nirvana boss. Thanks to Sezan for pointing out the method, and that Takoda barb (Anhksomething) for tanking it. Only dropped one nirvana palace chest though, and Bain from Kylin dropped an Armageddon on the group waiting to try to get the drop. Not sure who wound up with the loot.

All in all, it was a fun hour and a half. Lost a fair bit of XP, and died a bunch both to PKers and unfamiliar bosses, but still, it was a nice break from the usual. Also, I got a couple of GM resses b:thanks

My sin has a ring you made. =D

And I never did find out where the hell I was supposed to go.b:cry
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Tech, can you believe our 100+ barb with over 20k hp got one hit?
    :(
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    Sezan - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Anytime, I noticed he was runewolf straight away, with a faster channel and a wider AoE b:chuckle
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010

That spikewing has a chance to drop herc/nix or ani pack flying mountsb:shocked
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    We actually tanked one of those Demonic Dialectics. Got a flawless turqoise shard. Yippie.

*Demonic Dialectic uses super duper mega ultra uber aoe* It's super effective!
    b:dirty
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Yeah lol!!! that was funny. At that point I just turned around.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Reivi - Sanctuary
    Reivi - Sanctuary Posts: 742 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    may i do a suggestion to the GMs concerning an event.

Is an event really interesting if your only option as a player is diyng time and again ?

ye, thats the option on a hardcore ruleset game, wich PWi isnt ( or somebody mislead me to begin with)

This is the kinf of event I dont participate in, no interest

so you did get 2 different zones for different players? but they get mixed...

Wouldnt it have been easier to open up "Forest ruins event" fo 1 to 50 players?

and lets say "asura's road" ( the ring besides dribbling springs) for the 50 +

The entrance of each instance would have been restricted to the levels required.

and ..its an EVENT, (evenement, once in a while, once in a lifetime,) for everybvody pleasure, and enjoyement, and losing Xp isnt anything enjoyable (everyone could buy Dolls, but its like pointing a gun to someones head saying, buy it or i shhot you ... )

on everygame i played ( and they count on more than 2 hands) on any event, XP loss was deactivated.

and the rewards were non essentials,nor importants loots
    ie = a flag, wich doesnt permits you to do any damage when equiped; or a rainbow pigment (give 5 or 10 since its the requirement for any fashion) wich will give this winner, participant, to feel he has achieved something, participate in any way .

Even if De Coubertin said : L important est de participer (The only thing of importance is to be here) you dont do it if you know you will lose 15 days worth of work.
    I look at all the trollers, and Pvpers.. and know they wouldnt have lasted 30sec on Camelot.

Rules= Know your enemy (players and NPCs) gives you more chances to survive.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    We actually tanked one of those Demonic Dialectics. Got a flawless turqoise shard. Yippie.

Sry for double post but this needs it.

Super effective? ROFL, its like playing Pokemon all over again

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
    edited February 2010

Hell yes it was.
    I mean damn, an actual world boss didn't hit for so much.
    At one point, an AoE hit me for 37k.
  • Kiyoshi_Soma - Sanctuary
    Kiyoshi_Soma - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LOL!! 115 LvL req? You got to be kidding me. Well that better be an event hint that their about to raise the level in the game. >.> You do know it is meant to go higher right? ANYWAY....the event sucked but what can we do. Nothing rly. Let's just hope they are more creative as well as a smidgen more generous next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    I really hope they make up for this.
    Maybe 2x for another week again.
    And a discount on hyper exp stones.
    That's the event I want.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    All the people who complain about the exp loss:
    It's clearly stated in OP that there will be exp loss. You knew it, you were warned, but you still went anyway. You really don't have the right to complain about it. Sorry.
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2010
  • milsa
    milsa Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    oh well, the basic idea of this event was nice but I have to say that the execution was a complete failure.

Let me get into the details.

First of all it was good that it was against mobs and no pk-stuff. But I wonder why there were only bosses? It meant that you fought for a long time and some other people kill it and got all the drops. So in the end you got nothing. Why not include mobs similar to normal wraith attacks?

The area was big enough, lag wasn't a real issue. It would have been much better if the system of public quest would have been used here. That way everyone would have gotten something in the end.

The way it was done here ended in frustration for more than 90% of all participating people.
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Im not sure how the 50 and under event went, but im fairly certain they were all FB bosses, anything that spawned that was lower lvl were like fb 59, and 99 i deff saw. my cleric got his bh done :o and our friend part of his chrono XD. i didnt see if there were others about. BUT what that means is they are were all doable :3 if u were like OMG A BOSS LET ME DD WITH NO CLERIC OR PARTY DURRRRRRR like most of us were :D
    edited February 2010
    Why did I even for a moment listen to tech? The drop was a Nirvana chest while other bosses dropped an occasional mold, shards, or crappy coin. Less drops than the North Arch Wraith attack, more deaths, shorter time span.....but in the end as bad as it was it was kinda funny to see a billion and one people die all at once. : P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    milsa wrote: »
    oh well, the basic idea of this event was nice but I have to say that the execution was a complete failure.

Let me get into the details.

First of all it was good that it was against mobs and no pk-stuff. But I wonder why there were only bosses? It meant that you fought for a long time and some other people kill it and got all the drops. So in the end you got nothing. Why not include mobs similar to normal wraith attacks?

The area was big enough, lag wasn't a real issue. It would have been much better if the system of public quest would have been used here. That way everyone would have gotten something in the end.

The way it was done here ended in frustration for more than 90% of all participating people.

You should be a GM.
    Your idea about how it should be like PQ is great.
    edited February 2010
    Im not sure how the 50 and under event went, but im fairly certain they were all FB bosses, anything that spawned that was lower lvl were like fb 59, and 99 i deff saw. my cleric got his bh done :o and our friend part of his chrono XD. i didnt see if there were others about. BUT what that means is they are were all doable :3 if u were like OMG A BOSS LET ME DD WITH NO CLERIC OR PARTY DURRRRRRR like most of us were :D

They got mobs 80+
    EDIT: Sorry for the double post.
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, the xp loss bit is pointless to cry over. I shoved all my xp into a Genie. She is now full and happy. As for everyone else it was stated before hand, there are such things as Guardian Angels, wait 5 years for a res, or just not go.

Besides, there are plenty of other things to cry over. : P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    how do people die? you run when tyrant talks and come back.. cant see how you can die on that? keep dieing in fcc as well?
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yeh, pretty fail event but I guess at least they tried *shrug*
  • Amsel - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
  • Pjjj - Sanctuary
    Pjjj - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yay for lose exp and lag events
    when is the next one?
  • Sezan - Harshlands
    Sezan - Harshlands Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The channeling speed is much faster than normal
    Can't you see he talks 2 times before he uses it?
    Can't you see he bugs aswell and goes off early?
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wow, 5sec stun, +1m range :P

It's a nice thing, appart from the lvl :P
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've done it myself.. lol, easy to run away if you know what you do..