Account Stash

Comments

• Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have a solution for you.

OMG, you are going to be so HAPPY!!!

b:cute

You can make another character on your account with your bound equipment and then you can level him up!!!

Sounds a little counterproductive seeing as their is a much better option which would also make PWI more money in account stash sales.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This is the most ridiculous trash I've heard all day.

1.ACCOUNT stash stone.

Not "multiple account stash stone because you decided to make two accounts so you could play both characters at the same time!" stone

Got the picture yet?

2. Ever seen the NPC known as "Mailbox"? Ever realise you can do something really cool called "send mail"?

It's what we people with one account were doing before the stones too, you know.

3. You have an advantage that I do not. I cannot, in any way shape or form, use my archer to actively help level my veno at the very same time, because they are on the same account and I cannot long in twice.

4. QQ moar, something was released for people who made their alts on one account and because you can't benefit from that you went for the "QQ NERF IT NERF IT NERF IT CAUSE I CAN'T HAVE IT" factor.
    Please GTFO now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FruityMelons - Heavens Tear
    FruityMelons - Heavens Tear Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Haha. There are oracles in game, but not ones that tell the future... Come on PWI...tell us what your implementing in a year from now.. heck, tell us 5 and 10 years from now. I want to make my characters so I can take advantage! Come on, I KNOW you know EXACTLY what you're gonna do down the road.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    This is the most ridiculous trash I've heard all day.

1.ACCOUNT stash stone.

Not "multiple account stash stone because you decided to make two accounts so you could play both characters at the same time!" stone

Got the picture yet?

And that is why I said they could create a NEW item which would link 2 accounts.
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I don't know why it still amazes me when something good comes into game and some can't take advantage of it (for whatever reason) the simple solution in their minds is to take it away from everyone.

How very, very selfish of you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    And that is why I said they could create a NEW item which would link 2 accounts.

Oh, yes of course. Let's make an item that would have to somehow link 2 completely separate accounts because a few people made multiple accounts!

I don't really see how that would be coded into the game without a mess of problems. That could require anything from sorting through accounts to seeing which use the same email (assuming you can even register with the same email, I can't remember). Or in some way link two completely different accounts and sort of put them into their own account somehow.

You are asking for ridiculous things and beyond this, completely unneeded things. If you have such a problem with it, reroll on the same account.

Why should we lose out because you made two accounts so you could play on two characters at the same time? Frankly that was a bonus in itself before the account stash, you could immediately swap tradable items from one character to another without having to rely on potentially untrustworthy people or wait an hour for the mailing system.

STFU and stop complaining.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Oh, yes of course. Let's make an item that would have to somehow link 2 completely separate accounts because a few people made multiple accounts!

I don't really see how that would be coded into the game without a mess of problems. That could require anything from sorting through accounts to seeing which use the same email (assuming you can even register with the same email, I can't remember). Or in some way link two completely different accounts and sort of put them into their own account somehow.

You are asking for ridiculous things and beyond this, completely unneeded things. If you have such a problem with it, reroll on the same account.

Why should we lose out because you made two accounts so you could play on two characters at the same time? Frankly that was a bonus in itself before the account stash, you could immediately swap tradable items from one character to another without having to rely on potentially untrustworthy people or wait an hour for the mailing system.

STFU and stop complaining.

No more unneeded than the current account stash. How is it so ridiculous to want to transfer your items to your other characters the same as people who have all their's on 1 account are able to?

So because you had a hard time transferring items before now you want to get even and have a huge advantage? You always had the option of buying yourself a 2nd computer. You just chose not to.

Also you would be surprised how many people have multiple accounts.
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    I don't know why it still amazes me when something good comes into game and some can't take advantage of it (for whatever reason) the simple solution in their minds is to take it away from everyone.

How very, very selfish of you.

Never said take it away. I said change/add new item.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    No more unneeded than the current account stash. How is it so ridiculous to want to transfer your items to your other characters the same as people who have all their's on 1 account are able to?

So because you had a hard time transferring items before now you want to get even and have a huge advantage? You always had the option of buying yourself a 2nd computer. You just chose not to.

Also you would be surprised how many people have multiple accounts.

May I say now that you are a fool.

I did not ask for an account stash stone. However, I did not argue when they brought one out because quite frankly I (and a great deal of the PWI population) it was incredibly useful.

Why should I have to buy a second computer to play the same damn game? Don't be so stupid. My apologies, but I have a life outside of Perfect World and, since I have no need for a second computer nor a laptop at this current time, your suggestion to buy a whole new computer for a new account on a game is beyond stupid and you have serious issues if you see nothing wrong with that. If you also honestly think that, I suggest you put your computers down now and go outside into a place called "the real world".

I myself DO have two accounts. However, the other one is quite simply a mule character and will never be anything more than that. So no, I wouldn't be surprised.

And you, dear, were the person complaining about how we have such a big advantage compared to you. My point was that, in counter to your own, you can actively level yourself as you have access to two computers and two accounts, and this means you can also transfer items without relying on anybody else or mail. So you should be very careful when you talk about "getting even" because you were the person talking about "you have this great huge advantage" in the first place and you make yourself look stupid when you suddenly start trying to pathetically counter the equally valid point that before the account stash stone, you had a greater advantage than players who only had one account.

This topic is a sheer waste of time. A ridiculous suggestion for somebody disgruntled because they spent however many dollars on a new computer for the game rather than using one account and now it's bit them in the ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Account stash has some serious flaws in it. It is great for the people who put all their characters on 1 single account but how about people who made a separate account for each character?

-Allows transfer of bound items where you used to need a new set for each.
    -Allows transfer of 400k exp items from 100 BH which give huge advantage in leveling a new character.

This is a huge advantage for people who made alts on the same account. If this option was available from the start that would be one thing but to change it later on is rather unfair.

Possible fixes...

-Remove the ability to transfer bound items that are untradable under normal circumstances. (will upset people who currently have stash)

-Add the ability (new CS item?) to allow the transfer between account stashes on separate accounts. Will require logins for the account you are trading to so you are only able to trade these items between your own accounts. (will increase account stash sales)

This would balance the playing field between players instead of giving a serious advantage to those that made all their characters on a single account. It is very time consuming and expensive to farm/upgrade high end equipment. Giving only certain players the ability to gear and level their new characters with minimal effort is a slap in the face to the rest of your player base.

You didn't ask for it to be taken away? This is after all the major reason you want the stash across accounts right? Otherwise, you'd just use mail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Account stash has some serious flaws in it. It is great for the people who put all their characters on 1 single account but how about people who made a separate account for each character?

-Allows transfer of bound items where you used to need a new set for each.
    -Allows transfer of 400k exp items from 100 BH which give huge advantage in leveling a new character.

This is a huge advantage for people who made alts on the same account. If this option was available from the start that would be one thing but to change it later on is rather unfair.

Possible fixes...

-Remove the ability to transfer bound items that are untradable under normal circumstances. (will upset people who currently have stash)

-Add the ability (new CS item?) to allow the transfer between account stashes on separate accounts. Will require logins for the account you are trading to so you are only able to trade these items between your own accounts. (will increase account stash sales)

This would balance the playing field between players instead of giving a serious advantage to those that made all their characters on a single account. It is very time consuming and expensive to farm/upgrade high end equipment. Giving only certain players the ability to gear and level their new characters with minimal effort is a slap in the face to the rest of your player base.

Um.... Since I started playing PWI.. which was a couple weeks maybe after Sanctuary started up, you have always been able to create 8 characters on one account. So your having created seperate accounts for each of your characters is on you, not PWI as the ability to have multiple characters on a single account has for as long as i have played PWI, been possible.

So while I might be misunderstanding what you are trying to say, the only thing I see here is that you are unhappy that your characters are on separate accounts and can't swap stuff back and forth through the account stash and you feel that PWI should punish others who used one account for multiple characters for your own mistake.

~S
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    so far as i know, there is *no* rules against having more than one account. its playing more than one on the same PC that is. players use multi accounts to be able to have one for characters they play actively, another for characters they use for storing items or selling. this is a long established practise, and i've never heard a mod or GM say it was an infraction of the TOS. if it is, i would love to have them comment on this thread, so we could all know, and adjust our gameplay accordingly

...........No.
    First...If you have two accounts...what? With two accounts, how would the Game know if both accounts were yours?Yes you could program that but it would take AWHILE. Theyd have to make an account for both your accounts! How does that even work?

Next, the bound items are YOURS, Why cant you share them between characters? Its not like your trading them to random people, its YOURS. You spent time making/Putting Money into binding notes. (That one is kinda an IMO...)

Lastly, Your end statement makes NO SENSE AT ALL. How is it unfair to the other players? The other players can do the same thing! Make their stuff and send it to other characters on their account. The only thing this effects is Players That have 2 accounts for 2 characters, which is Stupid because one account allows 8.

Thank you for your time :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    so far as i know, there is *no* rules against having more than one account. its playing more than one on the same PC that is. players use multi accounts to be able to have one for characters they play actively, another for characters they use for storing items or selling. this is a long established practise, and i've never heard a mod or GM say it was an infraction of the TOS. if it is, i would love to have them comment on this thread, so we could all know, and adjust our gameplay accordingly

You missed the whole point of this thread. Completely.

Nobody was debating on if you were allowed more than one account or not. Ever. You are allowed more than one account - probably for the simple reason it would be incredibly hard to track down accounts made by the same person, and proving that they are the same person. It's nearly impossible and PWE would get into a lot of trouble if they falsely accused people of making multiple accounts and banning them.

Also, it has been stated numerous times you are allowed to run a PWI client on more than one computer - but only one client per computer. This would also insinuate you are allowed to have more than one account.

But, again, I'm not really seeing how your post is truly relevant at all. Nobody in this thread questioned the number of accounts you were allowed to have as far as I'm aware.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You missed the whole point of this thread. Completely.

Nobody was debating on if you were allowed more than one account or not. Ever. You are allowed more than one account - probably for the simple reason it would be incredibly hard to track down accounts made by the same person, and proving that they are the same person. It's nearly impossible and PWE would get into a lot of trouble if they falsely accused people of making multiple accounts and banning them.

Also, it has been stated numerous times you are allowed to run a PWI client on more than one computer - but only one client per computer. This would also insinuate you are allowed to have more than one account.

But, again, I'm not really seeing how your post is truly relevant at all. Nobody in this thread questioned the number of accounts you were allowed to have as far as I'm aware.

Ironic how much you bash said person for not having a post that relates to the topic, since right there, you own post also does the same. Ouch.

Now grow some manners.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Ranfa - Dreamweaver
    Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you were "skilled" enough to level that many characters to such levels without oracles, simple solution would be to reroll those characters on one account. Heck, the time you've spent complaining here might have been enough to get your new Cleric to lvl 70 or so.
    Shouldn't be hard for you, you are probably used to playing 24/7 if you have that many authentic high level alts.

Look, you CHOSE to use multiple accounts at the beginning. And the future happened to have leaned towards players who chose to play without any gimmicks and they were rewarded for it. I have never seen you complain at the fact that the people who didn't have multiple accounts were at a disadvantage until Account Stash. So why are you complaining now that it's slightly more convenient to use a single account? Face it, this is not about fairness like you try hard to make it seem. It's all about what you want. This is a very selfish request.
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    If you were "skilled" enough to level that many characters to such levels without oracles, simple solution would be to reroll those characters on one account. Heck, the time you've spent complaining here might have been enough to get your new Cleric to lvl 70 or so.
    Shouldn't be hard for you, you are probably used to playing 24/7 if you have that many authentic high level alts.

Look, you CHOSE to use multiple accounts at the beginning. And the future happened to have leaned towards players who chose to play without any gimmicks and they were rewarded for it. I have never seen you complain at the fact that the people who didn't have multiple accounts were at a disadvantage until Account Stash. So why are you complaining now that it's slightly more convenient to use a single account? Face it, this is not about fairness like you try hard to make it seem. It's all about what you want. This is a very selfish request.

1st off how much "skill" does it take to log on a character for 10 minutes and do daily after 30? That is all the effort i had to put into a lot of them. Go add up all the xp from dailies for over a year and see what you come up with. Most of them dont even have that much effort put into them. Either way that is irrelevant.

Extra 400k exp/day and free equipment transferred from an existing character is only slightly convenient? Everyone has always had the option of multiple accounts and the only real advantage was in ease of trading. Nothing stopped anyone else from doing it as well so it wasnt truly an advantage. Now they changed the dynamic allowing only those who decided to keep all their characters on 1 account the ability to reuse old bound equipment as well as get a free 400k exp every day to level a new character.

I fail to see the selfishness in thinking it would be good to make a way to transfer between only your own accounts not trade to others.
  • Catsnap - Heavens Tear
    Catsnap - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    nice.....a new way for people to steal other peoples BOUND stuff.
    b:chuckle
    1. Get account info.
    2. Buy account stone.
    3. Steal everything including bound gear.
    ???
    4. Profit
    b:surrender

+1 exactly what I was thinking upon reading the first few lines of the thread
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ironic how much you bash said person for not having a post that relates to the topic, since right there, you own post also does the same. Ouch.

Now grow some manners.

Your post doesnt relate to the topic either. D8!! oh noez. but neither does this one. :3 ~
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010

Now grow some manners.

Take a good look at yourself, son, before you run around pointing the finger.

At least my off-topic response had substance in it.

Now grow some common sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    1st off how much "skill" does it take to log on a character for 10 minutes and do daily after 30? That is all the effort i had to put into a lot of them. Go add up all the xp from dailies for over a year and see what you come up with. Most of them dont even have that much effort put into them. Either way that is irrelevant.

Extra 400k exp/day and free equipment transferred from an existing character is only slightly convenient? Everyone has always had the option of multiple accounts and the only real advantage was in ease of trading. Nothing stopped anyone else from doing it as well so it wasnt truly an advantage. Now they changed the dynamic allowing only those who decided to keep all their characters on 1 account the ability to reuse old bound equipment as well as get a free 400k exp every day to level a new character.

I fail to see the selfishness in thinking it would be good to make a way to transfer between only your own accounts not trade to others.

there are many flaws here
    1. you dont get an extra 400k exp a day from the bh 100 every single time
    2. you have to get your character to 100 to actually be able to do that
    3. how is it free Equipment? you have to farm the gear your self to be able to use it the first time.
    5. you are just asking for you to have an advantage over others cause they implemented this to help out people who only use 1 account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    there are many flaws here
    1. you dont get an extra 400k exp a day from the bh 100 every single time
    2. you have to get your character to 100 to actually be able to do that
    3. how is it free Equipment? you have to farm the gear your self to be able to use it the first time.
    5. you are just asking for you to have an advantage over others cause they implemented this to help out people who only use 1 account.

1-400k token from 2nd BH
    2-not that hard anymore to get 1 character to 100
    3-free equipment for the 2nd character after you upgrade 1 set the first time
    4-guess #4 disappeared???
    5-how is it asking for an advantage? its asking for equal footing. i'd gladly transfer all my existing characters to a single account to be able to share equipment
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Sounds like you're just upset that you lost one advantage of having your characters across multiple accounts to the ones who kept their characters on a single account.

At least you're still able to use more than one character at the same time.... which is something those with singular accounts will never have. Honestly, you're not asking for equal footing. You're trying to have your cake and eat it.... and that's not how the world works. b:bye
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2010

I don't really see how that would be coded into the game without a mess of problems. That could require anything from sorting through accounts to seeing which use the same email (assuming you can even register with the same email, I can't remember).

Yep you need a second email to make a second account so i guess that puts an end to this stupid thread.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    1-400k token from 2nd BH
    5-how is it asking for an advantage? its asking for equal footing. i'd gladly transfer all my existing characters to a single account to be able to share equipment

for saying your lvl 100 you obviously dont know much about being 100 the exp stone you get is actually almost 700k from the 2nd bh and there is one you can randomly get for the first bh that is 400k also from your list you have more then 8 characters so obviously its just not possible to put them all on one account frankly put this is never getting changed so get over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Tenjai - Dreamweaver
    Tenjai - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    the idea of linking 2 accounts is beyond ridiculous and i just want to state some simple main points regarding to the 2nd account for the link without explaining too much.

1. bought
    2. ****
    3. given
    4. shared - belong to someone else (room mate, relative, gf/bf, etc).

to be able to come up with the account linking idea I think foxgrit falls under 1 of the 4 categories but mostly the 4th so he could share/sell/buy the non-tradeable stuff with his gf and vice-versa

1-400k token from 2nd BH

then remake the toon on the account that you use the Account stash stone on
  • Asmathi - Sanctuary
    Asmathi - Sanctuary Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Not sure where you are looking but I only see 1 veno on LC.

Are you really not aware that you said you have a level 100 Venomancer on Lost City and you are posting from a lvl 30 Venomancer on Lost City.

That makes TWO Venomancers on Lost City b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Past is but a mere memory. Never Regret, for it can never be changed.
  • Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear
    Fiendishkit - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Are you really not aware that you said you have a level 100 Venomancer on Lost City and you are posting from a lvl 30 Venomancer on Lost City.

I think this post just proved the OP is just making up stuff. b:shocked
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited February 2010

i have 14 venomancers on Lost City. how does this prove or disprove anything? ranging from lvl 1 to lvl 85.

account stash is great imo. but i think it was released right after the tideborn chars? most likely a lot of people would have been more apt to use the account stash had it been released before the new class. i would have totally made my assassin on the same account and used account stash to transfer gear.

had account stash be available at the start of the game, i would have grouped characters on the same account.
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    Sheets - Sanctuary Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The more people talk about something the less that the folks at PWI give a damned it seems...

!~ the Cynical Me
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i love the acct stash best thing ive bought so far.b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]