Tideborns + Rebirth 0.o

Options

Comments

• Ganden - Sanctuary
    Ganden - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You will be a last resort replacement for a Veno.

b:shocked...
  • Shade - Raging Tide
    Shade - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The party I succeeded with a couple times a couple days ago didn't seem to mind me being there, the BM absolutely loved my bloodpaint, my AoE EP makes the mobs die just that much faster, and it really isn't hard to dig beans and kill mobs, I'm always done halfway through the second boss, so that isn't an argument. However I can see several points where a veno would be better in gamma. 1) The AoE seal and AoE 79 status skill, nothing like not taking damage and giving out random debuffs to the enemies. 2) The pet = faster killing of the ? mobs. Besides those two things in gamma, any body can replace a veno.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    You forgot digging chests while killing mobs at the same time, and the tanking of the Judgements. That plus your reasons are HUGE reasons why venos would be preferred over a TB.
  • Ganden - Sanctuary
    Ganden - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    what about psychics? how we they do rebirth?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ooooo
    it be technically a Necro by only 1 hour and 19 minutes
    b:surrender

mayhaps you should try reading the thread before posting
    ._.'
    Psychic = possible replacement for DD spot.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Progrinder - Dreamweaver
    Progrinder - Dreamweaver Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I doubt the time gain on a veno vs a sin in beans farming 'll change a lot in your rb, and for what I saw psychic does do more dammage than wizzard and their stun aoe might help too even if it's risky cause huge agro using it.

Funnyer squad in delta I have been in was 4 archer 2 cleric btwb:laugh
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    They'll replace barbs as tanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    In the end though the only spot that can be easily and safely given to a TB is the veno's spot, but since there is no longer any way to get the perfect squad bonus, I'm betting we will see a large number of 3 DD (archer, archer, wiz more often than not) gammas being done because of the speed of the kill.

We did delta the other day without a barb and with a Sin. We got a little past the typical fail point in the the middle of wave 9. It actually ran very smoothly until that point. It looked like we were about to finish as well. Archer forgot to put on his HP rings.. that's our excuse. lol

Sin indeed can perform the role of the veno, as well as being an exceptional single-target DD. Think of the archers that don't quite make it in the aoe... sin did pretty well cleaning up the stragglers.

It would be fun to try unorthodox squads.

If you were to try for no barb I think
    1 cleric, 2 archer, 3 BM squad
    would have the best shot for delta.

I wonder if
    1 cleric 5 BM
    could do it (think massive stun locks and constant HF)

We almost completed a 2 cleric, 1 barb, 2bm 1 wiz party... typical wave 9 wipe. Hurt without an archer.

Finished 2 BM no wiz. Lack of Wiz AoE was a pita. 1 cleric 5bm party would fail. Not enough DD. Prefer perfect party. Two wiz combo seems like the best, as it's easiest to manage aggro.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    they wont do so well in RBs like other classes. TBs is a unfinished class after all. a TBs main roll is in a pvp setting. pvp is where they shine.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have reached lvl 71 and im very well experienced with my psychic, its time for me to start thinking about gamma, and it hit me.... Howwww will Tideborns play a role in gamma? replace bm? replace wiz? these questions need to be answered asap!

they are not meant to be replacing anyone... on top of that bonus aura = tideborns have no place whatsoever

They aren't helpful in alpha as far as I know, maybe its just me, but I rather leave the tuna fesh out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So, did they fix the bonus aura then?

But yeah, you guys have even less of a role in there than I do.
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    aoe slow
    aoe stun
    aoe reduce accuracy
    aoe seal
    aoe bleed

i think it all

hmmm pretty interesting but arent their aoes kinda small like 6-8 meter? Just wondering if it will be big enough to encompass the majority of mobs.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Sadly, it's not that hard to realize that devs simply did not think that far ahead. I doubt they even considered a TB-role in gamma, etc. They obviously focused on PvP matter, maybe more DD/AoE-axed for Psychics, but that's all.

In my opinion, no Demon/Sage skills, no gamma.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear
    GothicAngeI - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wonder if people will even bother to take them for past maps quests which are needed for culti later.
  • Gromskull - Harshlands
    Gromskull - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It's about time someone started this topic :) I just can't help myself not to reply to it
    So regarding gv, i'd have to say no to tideborn. Only the asassin would be of some help, he can run quest or gather beans and the slow atack speed can be helpfull at bdoss'. But i'd rather have 1 more DD. The faster mobs die means safer gv and less charm f. Even if i don't get enough DD i prefer a veno, for the rainbow squad bonus.
    I'm really sorry for our fellow tideborns but idk if gv is suitable. Try grinding now that is 2x. Anyway youre overpowered enough :)))) jk
  • Lady_Ruse - Heavens Tear
    Lady_Ruse - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I vouch that Tideborns be sealed off again..... So we don't have to deal with the rest of the world... and have our OWN RB Gamma's and Delta's UNDERWATER! and then we can find use for ourselves, I'm sick of this. I'M A **** TIDEBORN! Deal with it damnitb:infuriatedb:infuriatedb:infuriatedb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Epic enough.. all trolls will be under the influence of teh BAN button! ^.^
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    it doesnt seem to much of a AFK rb squad lol theres a vid

http://zoome.jp/fuente/diary/5/

looks so bad, i would never try that D:
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Milesluminis - Heavens Tear
    Milesluminis - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    For the past two days ive been trying to get into gammas, pretty much been turned down. As of now it looks like i need to at least be lv75+ before ppl wil even start considering bringing a psychic, i been thinking of dmg vs archer and bm. if i were to replace bm i could purchase speed pills and teleport incense which wouldnt make much of difrence if my genie has holly path also. to think of it my aoes do more dmg then a bm. Archer wise, i could out dmg an archer with my strong aoes. An archers aoe only does dmg, while a psychics aoe has effects+dmg.

first normal post, than why qoutet u..
    best gamma squad is Barb+Cleric+2 LA Wiz(LA coz so much dmg they deal, its not allways possible to keep aggro not even if barb+BM work as a perfect team coz sit next to each other)(or much hp AA), Archer and last but not least a BM
    why barb and cleric i dont need to explain, "but why 3dds ?!" its speed it up allot ! ur hole squad gets lesser dmg since the mobs die in 3-4secs max !
    why the BM ? may a barb say something to it ? or want me to ?! gamma got double wave a barb cant take alone, our phy def buff makes luring mobs easyer for barbs, and incrases phy def of all other party members aswell.. (i know only about one mag wave in gamma so far.. never recognized more, rest is phy)
    and we tryed last weekend the rainbow thingy.. dont works, maybe only not in gamma,
    not a guide or something, but first few waves a BM dont need to help, just DD, than do quests.. we arent much slower than a veno...

..ok, why not a fish:
    -squishi, so no luring
    -no constant aoe's, so no DD (dont come up with circle again.. never the same than a wiz/archer)
    -no heal (bloodbath isnt needed, BB heals enough, sin aoe incrased hp regen seems pretty much like a seconds lasting version of the 1h buff from cleric), so not a healer
    -quests.. well sins are fast... but what to do for rest of time with them ?! there we go... better another DD or a sec cleric for RedBall (trust me.. that roxx !)
    -dont have a "kick" skill (not that i know so far) like BM(blade tree) and Barb

{venos: nice, helpfull, brumble is good to keep aggro from DDs and minimize the dmg they recive, allways a good pick instead of 1 wiz or archer)

i wanna say something to the end... next time, if i shout in world chat for gamma, and u fish PM me "whats about a psy?" or "want a ninja-sin?" i risk the ban and flame-fry ur fishstick asses in wc about ur pokemon look-a-like skills, the lag u caused when implemented and how smelly-ugly u r !
    dont get me wrong... i like fishs in normal squads... but u rent something "needed" or usefull in a rebirth... and if u wanna know why ?! i can explain u... think about it... rebirth orders where implemented before the dev's even thought about ur class ! u r awsome DDs in PvE, ur buffs are helpfull and awsome in PvP and over all u fit in the game. but there is stuff, no1 wants u in coz u simply make no sense in squad..

...somehow that post is allrdy a flame gainst fishes again.. not ment like that over all...sry
  • __Blazin__ - Sanctuary
    __Blazin__ - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    As it is now, Tideborns are incomplete. Therefore with the current situation with not having level 79/100 skills and demon/sage skills , the Tideborns are not fit for Rebirth of any sort. Yeah it doesn't hurt to try, but in all honesty they don't have a good enough benefit to add to the squad. I would love to Rebirth, but i don't see the benefit in it if i cant help where needed to better the chances to succeed. I hope this changes with the future implement of the missing higher skills.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well, one reason I could see not letting in Tideborns would be some of the posts:

Not having demon/sage skills is why they aren't good in Gamma. Do the other classes use their 89 skills at 85 and below?

Lvl 20s tired of not being allowed into rebirth Gamma or Delta. Spiffy.

Not having lvl 100 skills being a reason they can't do Rebirth. Seriously, what?
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I say every class just gets a continues AoE.
    :D
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well, one reason I could see not letting in Tideborns would be some of the posts:

Not having demon/sage skills is why they aren't good in Gamma. Do the other classes use their 89 skills at 85 and below?

Not having lvl 100 skills being a reason they can't do Rebirth.
    Seriously, what?

You don't get sage/demon skill still 89, and that is Delta not Gamma.

As I said earlier in this thread, Sin does indeed work well in GV. We did a run 1 BM, 1 Mage, 1 Archer, 1 Veno, 1 Cleric, no Barb. Besides bloodpainting the BM and Archer (and Barb if we would have had one), they take out single target stragglers very well. We got close to the end of wave 9. Almost looked like we were gonna make it, but the archer got ported to 1k. Go figure.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

As I said earlier in this thread, Sin does indeed work well in GV. We did a run 1 BM, 1 Mage, 1 Archer, 1 Veno, 1 Cleric, no Barb. Besides bloodpainting the BM and Archer (and Barb if we would have had one), they take out single target stragglers very well. We got close to the end of wave 9. Almost looked like we were gonna make it, but the archer got ported to 1k. Go figure.

bloodpaint archer... LOL
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
    edited February 2010
    Options

Not having lvl 100 skills being a reason they can't do Rebirth. Seriously, what?

lolcat-failure.jpg
    lol....just...wow.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

lol....just...wow.

Miss sarcasm much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Miss sarcasm much?

shh
    b:quiet
    b:avoid
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • whantplay2
    whantplay2 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The rebirth of Tideborn (assassins and psychic) is the Public Quest!

I have make a Public quest with a psychic lv 61 and i have joint 2 place award also with EA, Veno and barb lv +70.
    First winner an Assassins lv 68 (little score + that me and use of my vengeance skill).

This is the truth. Other class exp into Rebirth, and Tideborn exp into PQ.
    Honower need tanker, cleric and veno into PQ to luring boss and elite.

b:bye
    perfectworldcommy.blogspot.com
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Holy ****, so those two both didn't read my post very well, only read the last page and not the one before, so didn't realise I was making sarcastic comments off of OTHER people's posts.

Making a failed post is one thing, failing while mocking a post they didn't understand; well, didn't realize they could use hyper stones on the forum for X12 failure :) Good job fruitcakes. b:victory

EDIT: Added for those who have trouble with these things:
    Sadly, it's not that hard to realize that devs simply did not think that far ahead. I doubt they even considered a TB-role in gamma, etc. They obviously focused on PvP matter, maybe more DD/AoE-axed for Psychics, but that's all.

In my opinion, no Demon/Sage skills, no gamma.

LVL 20 posting
    I vouch that Tideborns be sealed off again..... So we don't have to deal with the rest of the world... and have our OWN RB Gamma's and Delta's UNDERWATER! and then we can find use for ourselves, I'm sick of this. I'M A **** TIDEBORN! Deal with it damnitb:infuriatedb:infuriatedb:infuriatedb

As it is now, Tideborns are incomplete. Therefore with the current situation with not having level 79/100 skills and demon/sage skills , the Tideborns are not fit for Rebirth of any sort. Yeah it doesn't hurt to try, but in all honesty they don't have a good enough benefit to add to the squad. I would love to Rebirth, but i don't see the benefit in it if i cant help where needed to better the chances to succeed. I hope this changes with the future implement of the missing higher skills.

While it may be better later on, most of the discussion and lvls of tideborn is Gamma range, and lvl 100 skills have no bearing. Even in Delta, who refuses current people entry if they don't have lvl 100 skills? At least in Delta the gripe of no celestial skills would make sense; but lvl 100 skill being a bar for them?
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • BittereRache - Lost City
    BittereRache - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    did the 71-85 GV with 3 psychics, barb, wr, ep.

was no problems at all..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Blazin__ - Sanctuary
    __Blazin__ - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    While it may be better later on, most of the discussion and lvls of tideborn is Gamma range, and lvl 100 skills have no bearing. Even in Delta, who refuses current people entry if they don't have lvl 100 skills? At least in Delta the gripe of no celestial skills would make sense; but lvl 100 skill being a bar for them?

Read before u go bashing posts. I did not specify which skills was lacking for which Rebirth. I kept things general. And furthermore my point was that Tideborns are lacking skills to compete in Rebirths.