Fantastic racism?

Options
Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
edited March 2010 in General Discussion
I was in two BH squads today, and there's this guy hanging around the head hunter looking for squads that has a hatred for tideborn, apparently. Our leader invited him, and he accepted. Then he said something like, "I won't squad with tides" and left. It was me and an assassin, I think. I was invited into another squad earlier and as soon as I accepted, he leaves.

So...who else has met asses like this? He still hasn't gotten a squad, and he won't get one anytime soon. Every full squad now has at least one Tideborn in it.
Post edited by Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i've never encountered this

pretty fail people imho ijs
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • Avye - Lost City
    Avye - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i've never encountered this

pretty fail people imho ijs

I'm not helping you anymore, Mr. Sushi D:<

Yeah, I haven't gotten to BH level yet so we'll see then, but so far if I've needed a boss, I haven't had any tideborn racism going on. I've heard about it though.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Just left those kind of people . . b:surrender
    He hurt his own self . . hurt him self because of hatred. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Why use racism? Classes aren't people. He hates TB a good few people hate TB its not racism its simply someone' opinion of a class (which is computer generated not an actual person, race, religion or culture). Yes, i know its played by people but the actually character isn't a person.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Why use racism? Classes aren't people. He hates TB a good few people hate TB its not racism its simply someone' opinion of a class (which is computer generated not an actual person, race, religion or culture). Yes, i know its played by people but the actually character isn't a person.

Tideborn are a race inside the game. Therefore, it's racism (ingame racism, but racism nonetheless).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't think it's racism. It's the fact that there are so many fail tideborns or oracle ones ruining the game.

b:chuckleOOps i'm staarting a flame in this thread.
  • Alexenokin - Lost City
    Alexenokin - Lost City Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm not helping you anymore, Mr. Sushi D:<

Yeah, I haven't gotten to BH level yet so we'll see then, but so far if I've needed a boss, I haven't had any tideborn racism going on. I've heard about it though.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQ

but wai D:?
    I have officially "won the game"... Actually, I decided it was time to leave.
    Joined sometime in March of 2009 - right after Dreamweaver opening.
    Retired on March 16, 2010... 1 year later...
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yep... one fail veno who blamed the tideborns in squad for her dying multiple times (despite the fact that none of us were near here), and her saying that the whole tb race was weak and awful. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I agree the guy's a looser but people are throwing terms like racism all too easily.
  • Avye - Lost City
    Avye - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQ

but wai D:?

Cause you're a fish b:scorn
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I agree the guy's a looser but people are throwing terms like racism all too easily. It's not like there's anything you could compare it to irl. I mean people with out of date hairstyles and better dance moves don't just come from the south and start taking over other people's jobs...

Maayyybe he has encountered soo many fail TBs that he got sick of them. Lol srry i'm just saying that. I've encountered so many of them myself. I wanted to help several BH29s and you know what else happened hehe.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I agree the guy's a looser but people are throwing terms like racism all too easily.

I am still laughing at your original post.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    10 characters...
  • GSnipes - Raging Tide
    GSnipes - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    this one is weird...racism, lmao, well it is tru LOADS of fail TB people and the fact that they now make up more than a gud percent of pwi is kinda lame, also i hav gotten killed many time due to sins cuz in bhs they think they pro an shout
    *OMG I AM PRO WATCH ME GO INVISY BY BOSS!!* and some are lazy like those i do TT with b:chuckle
    My Arrows shall block out the sun
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    To those talking about the use of the word racism: as Aadi rightly said, the Tideborn are a race in-game, and therefore the hate on Tideborns could be classes as racism. Frankly however, it's nothing serious, and nothing too offensive. Because you know, we don't have real life fish people who can turn into mermaids running around assassinating monsters and shooting off spells at things.

In other news: a lot of people are like this, and yes in the end they only strive to slow themselves down. However, not everybody is doing it to be an ****. Some people are doing it because the sheer amount of fail TBs they have squadded with far outweighs the good TBs they have squadded with and thus, they are trying to avoid further failures.
    I, personally, dislike the TB classes. I have seen too many failures, all of them claiming that they're all so awesome and then wiping squads and blaming everybody but themselves. I know that there are people out there who can play their class but they are outweighed by the failures, the oraclers, the noobs and the TBs with the bad attitude for me to really care. I won't drop squad if a TB comes along but you can bet I'll prepare for the worst.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I personally have found that a lot of people toss around the word Racism for stuff it has nothing to do with at all.

Racism at it's core is the dislike or hatred of a person solely based on their race.

It doesn't have anything to do with disliking someone for being stupid, or for being a failure at something, or for being unable to do something you can do easily.

All to often people mistake simple hatred or dislike of an individual, or behavior or attitude as racism, when it isn't.

Example:

I have no issues with anyone because of their Race. I have big issues with people over their attitudes. I have been called a racist by an individual because I disliked them due to their attitude, yet one of my very good friends and a person I trust implicitly, is of the same racial background as the person calling me a racist.

Were I a racist it wouldn't matter to me how good a person they were or were not, I would dislike them simply for their race. Fortunately I wasn't raised to dislike people for their race, but for who they are.

So when people start tossing around the Racism card, what they are really doing is trying to distract people from the real issue, more often than not, because the word Racism is so charged with negative meaning it has become a catchall for anyone that dislikes someone, regardless of what the REAL reasons they dislike someone for.

~S
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

thats like saying just bcuz he hates black people doesnt mean he's racist -.-
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Racism at it's core is the dislike or hatred of a person solely based on their race.
    But what about if people just hate the word itself?

It seems to me that some of the responses in the thread are equating in-game racism with real-life racism, simply because the word itself triggers some sort of auto-response mechanism in their brain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited February 2010
    Options

thats like saying just bcuz he hates black people doesnt mean he's racist -.-

You idiot. Black people actually exist, they are real, they are real people, see where im coming from with the real parts? Tideborns are a computer generated class not a living and breathing person.

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    But what about if people just hate the word itself?

It seems to me that some of the responses in the thread are equating in-game racism with real-life racism, simply because the word itself triggers some sort of auto-response mechanism in their brain.

I agree it does trigger a gut response in a lot of people. Unfortunately, most don't seem to have any real clue about what the word itself actually means, so they attribute it to behaviors that are not even related to it because it puts others on the defensive right off the top.

I dislike someone because they constantly mess up and are unable to do the job I hired them to do. When they are called on their performance, they try to shift the blame for their inability to do their job, onto others. I fire them.

They call me a racist.

Now where in my dislike of them for their inability to perform their job, and their inability to take responsibility for their own mistakes, does any sort of racism come in?

Especially as three other employees are from the same racial background as the person in question, and I have no issues with them, or their work, and am in fact friends with them as well.

What I see is a person who wants to throw the racism card around, to hide their own failings and to blame others for their inability to do work they claimed they could do, and was hired to do.

Yet... because I fired them for their inability to do the job they were hired to do, according to them I am a racist.

b:shocked b:surrender

~S
  • Dustins_ALT - Harshlands
    Dustins_ALT - Harshlands Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    assassins characters look like smart asses imo so I hate TB ////wrist Q_Qb:angryb:angryb:angry

PS: Jerry springer is on Monday night raw kick **** ~_^
    pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d5665672759051ef

^ my barbs built, full buff in tiger.b:bye

I'm not going to troll anymore T_T
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Im bored.

Me too b:chuckle.

• Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    assassins look SEXY b:dirty
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    you should totally make a ticket for hate crime
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I was in two BH squads today, and there's this guy hanging around the head hunter looking for squads that has a hatred for tideborn, apparently. Our leader invited him, and he accepted. Then he said something like, "I won't squad with tides" and left. It was me and an assassin, I think. I was invited into another squad earlier and as soon as I accepted, he leaves.

So...who else has met asses like this? He still hasn't gotten a squad, and he won't get one anytime soon. Every full squad now has at least one Tideborn in it.
    **** those lung-breathers. We don't need'emb:victory
    Tideborn is a race, not a class. Hence racism.
    I don't think it's racism. It's the fact that there are so many fail tideborns or oracle ones ruining the game.
    That's how racism works. A few members of a race do something unlikable, and people start blaming it on the entire race.
  • __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver
    __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That's how racism works. A few members of a race do something unlikable, and people start blaming it on the entire race.

No. That's discrimination, not racism.

Racism is simply hating or feeling superior because you're of a specific race. To a racist, there IS no underlying cause for hating someone other than that regardless of how they try to justify it.

"I'm better than you because you're a fish."
  • AmorrosColt - Sanctuary
    AmorrosColt - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Maybe it has to do with him getting owned by an Assassin in PVP (I didn't read the full posts, not sure if this was mentioned), what class was this guy anyway, he may just be jealous because of there hits, I have a friend that's an Assassin, he could do 6.7K criticals at level 40... Or maybe it's just a bad aggro stealing experience in BH, not really sure, hope you don't run into more people like him. Oh, one more thing, what was his name?
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Jesus, people this is pathetic. Your all taking about racism towards a computer generated race and whats even worse is your deadly serious. Im outta here because wow, i though id seen some stupid people in my time but this beats all of it hands down.

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Jesus, people this is pathetic. Your all taking about racism towards a computer generated race and whats even worse is your deadly serious. Im outta here because wow, i though id seen some stupid people in my time but this beats all of it hands down.

These actually very simple. b:surrender
    A human playing a mmo as certain race, unfortunately people on that mmo was hostile to that race.

New player get knowledge that playing these race was not a good idea, because people will hate you = racism.
    Therefore people will avoid playing these race, makes more reason to not playing the race. (in game with race vs race war)

Just like how some people hate people with black skin because they black = racism. (not me not me x.x i am not racist)
    I have other example on my place . .
    People here hate chinese people (but not openly in public), people here can hate you just because you has a chinese blood . . and i dunno the exact reason they hate chinese . .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • AmorrosColt - Sanctuary
    AmorrosColt - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

But yet, when you have people being asses about a new race that owns to the point where people won't squad with them ingame, keep in mind there are people you need in stuff like BHs, It makes the game un-enjoyable...

For example: BHs are very hard at there set levels, unless you have a cleric or 2, if you don't have those, you'd need a certain class at level 70+ and then, you barely ever get good drops, so...