• yesme
    yesme Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i love sushi b:dirty
    its a free game b:pleased
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I've run into this a few times. But it's not racism in the cases I've seen. Always either people who don't know what use Tideborns are in a squad, or cuz they are QQing about Tideborn 'being OP' which is a load of ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    These actually very simple. b:surrender
    A human playing a mmo as certain race, unfortunately people on that mmo was hostile to that race.

New player get knowledge that playing these race was not a good idea, because people will hate you = racism.
    Therefore people will avoid playing these race, makes more reason to not playing the race. (in game with race vs race war)

Just like how some people hate people with black skin because they black = racism. (not me not me x.x i am not racist)
    I have other example on my place . .
    People here hate chinese people (but not openly in public), people here can hate you just because you has a chinese blood . . and i dunno the exact reason they hate chinese . .

LOL racewar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    (...)
    People here hate chinese people (but not openly in public), people here can hate you just because you has a chinese blood . . and i dunno the exact reason they hate chinese . .

well, sry but ur related to devs.. ijs..

anyway, every post in this topic kills my braincells and dont make any buzz'
    somebody close it plz x(
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well back to the OP, that was seriously not cool behavior. Seeing as you're lv.53 I really doubt they thought you were a "zomg fail orc noob, squd wipe fur shur." The Tideborns who went through the trouble to oracle are level 85+.
    In my own experience the Tideborn I've leveled with are all excetionally skilled. To be fair they've mostly been the alts. of talented and friendly players. I would hope that this reaction the the Tideborn dies down. Even it if it isn't as serious as real world racism - which it totally isn't - it does not foster a good attitude. And yes, there are younger people playing this game (I might still sorta count o.O). Are these the mannerisms you want to pass along? They might follow your example in a real world situation, with much more serious repercussions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Jesus, people this is pathetic. Your all taking about racism towards a computer generated race and whats even worse is your deadly serious. Im outta here because wow, i though id seen some stupid people in my time but this beats all of it hands down.
    It's not pathetic or stupid at all. You have some balls to come in here and flame people for discussing fantasy ****.

It's racism. Not IRL racism, if that's what you're trying to compare it to. The two ideas are incomparable. It might be a computer generated race, but it's no less "fantasy racism". Do you even comprehend what was discussed here, or even have an imagination at all? Don't post any more of that **** until you do.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    *Goes and buys some Beer and fires up the corn popper*

~S
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited February 2010

~S

:o share
    gnjj
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited February 2010

~S

b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked

Make a troll post you nab. Dont just sit and watch. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Veldrak - Raging Tide
    Veldrak - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    On my server I saw a faction recruting 20+ (No Tideborn) That and the QQ about Tideborn being so OP. People need to DIAF, each race has its strengths and weaknesses, Tideborn are powerfull damage wise, and psychics have nice support abilities, though they are glass cannons, thats their weakness. Heavy armor classes can pwn psychics. Depends on build, and how you play. Certain classes out do others, but have weaknesses against other classes, so stop the QQ. And if anyone deserves the nerf bat, its venomancers... jk
  • Adalynne - Sanctuary
    Adalynne - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It seems that most people in this thread are a bit too concerned about the use of the term "racist" when what the OP was mainly commenting on is people's attitudes toward TB players. As far as that goes, I have noticed a few people in the Sanctuary server with that attitude, but as far as Tideborns go, I like having them in squads. Things get done a lot faster, and I have only encountered one or two that don't know what they are doing. It actually seems that lately, most of the fail squads I've been in have been problematic because of venos that have no idea how to pull and clerics that want to tank physical mobs. Just today I was in a squad with a terrible veno who didn't buff her herc at all until she pulled the boss (and she used reflect too when she did) and of course ended up pulling everything. This happened more than once. There has definitely been an air of fail lately, and it has been evident in all classes. Tideborns I think just get the brunt of it because their race emerged around the same time that it became absurdly easy for people to level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and heartbeats.
  • FapFapFap - Raging Tide
    FapFapFap - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I hate fishies, fishies are OP even if they get oneshotted by a barb or easily killed by a nix-veno and all my friends who started playin fishies aren't my friends anymore. Playing a new class in this onlinegame makes u a fkin fishie which is nothing more than a worm under my boots and trust me, I know who is a fishie-player whenever I see him outside, doesn't matter if ure black or white I just know if ure a fishie and u can consider urself as dead if I meet u somewhere in this world. And even if we don't meet in this world, God is on my side and will deny u the entree to heaven once u have created a tideborn on any of ur accounts.

Oh, i just recognized this black tanga flatters my genitals, don't u think so too? b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Answer is simple its either

A ) Grow up

or

B ) Turn off the comp and go get some fresh air

Cus certain people in this thread take things wayyyyyy to serious for a GAME
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This still isnt racism how ever you look at it, its a game ffs. I think some people need to go take a step outside, feel the sun and breathe some fresh air because all the time at the computer has killed off your common sense.
    It's not pathetic or stupid at all. You have some balls to come in here and flame people for discussing fantasy ****.

It's racism. Not IRL racism, if that's what you're trying to compare it to. The two ideas are incomparable. It might be a computer generated race, but it's no less "fantasy racism". Do you even comprehend what was discussed here, or even have an imagination at all? Don't post any more of that **** until you do.

No its deffinately pathetic, like you. I have some balls, well yeah i do but mainly common sense.

It is not racism its a ****** computer game, can you be racist to shaun the sheep? or Pokemon aswell? 'OMG i hate Pikachu'. 'Dude don't be so racist'! Sound pathetic yet? Its not me that cannot comprehend it is you, your life of never leaving your computer or going outside has confused your brain into think that things you play on your computer a real.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Imo, ppl dont know how to use tideborns in their squads, therefore they call them useless. Tbh they are not and i feel pitty for those who think so.
    They never had the patience to lvl up a TB and check its utility. One day when they will get owned by a TB will be like wth they are OP! lets make a TB and kick everyone... but by that time most of TB will be highlvl so they will have to whoracle their way up to 90 and will be skillless coz of powerlvling and not being able to learn the class.. therefore again will call TBs as uselles and hate them more ... i wouldnt call this racism but ignorance
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This is a pretty interesting topic-- one that could really only be involved in a very social MMO like PWI. I like the discussion, but I'd like to remind you all to try your best to keep your posts constructive rather than insulting.

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked

Make a troll post you nab. Dont just sit and watch. :P

Discussions about Racism are not something I consider troll worthy. It's a topic that, as long as people can be level headed in, I think is a good thing to discuss.

~S
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ah, you new guys just need to wait until more classes come out.

Your existence has taken the heat off of us veno's b:thanks
    edited February 2010
    Ah, you new guys just need to wait until more classes come out.

Your existence has taken the heat off of us veno's b:thanks

Shhhh don't remind the long term haters b:chuckle.

• Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I hope you learned a lesson here! You should have used the term "hatred", cause now people are debating over the word "racism" rather than the true subject of the topic, which is kind of idiotic.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
    edited February 2010
    I hope you learned a lesson here! You should have used the term "hatred", cause now people are debating over the word "racism" rather than the true subject of the topic, which is kind of idiotic.

Do you know what is even more idiotic? People are actually being serious about racism to a computer generated character, i know, i know its pathetic right b:surrender.

If anything it would be discrimination but even then its still only a computer generated group of pixels, so not real. People mainly dislike TB simply because 80+ oracle'd and 90% dont know how to play their character. This is the same reason why i stay as far away from wizards as i possibly can, i dont think ive ever squadded with an awesome wizard, 90% of those i have had the misfortune of squadding with are a complete let down so i just stay away from them altogether now b:laugh.

• Tekril - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    This still isnt racism how ever you look at it, its a game ffs. I think some people need to go take a step outside, feel the sun and breathe some fresh air because all the time at the computer has killed off your common sense.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FantasticRacism

You're Dead set on comparing it to real racism. It's racism, plain and simple. It's just fantasy racism. You can tell the difference between fantasy and reality, can't you?
    No its deffinately pathetic, like you. I have some balls, well yeah i do but mainly common sense.
    Excuse me? Who the hell do you think you are calling someone talking about a damned game pathetic? The one who's pathetic is you for getting butthurt about other people refering to something as what it is. It's pretty ignorant as well.
    It is not racism its a ****** computer game, can you be racist to shaun the sheep? or Pokemon aswell? 'OMG i hate Pikachu'. 'Dude don't be so racist'! Sound pathetic yet? Its not me that cannot comprehend it is you, your life of never leaving your computer or going outside has confused your brain into think that things you play on your computer a real.
    "Pikachu" is a species of Pokemon. Not a human character. I'm assuming "shaun the sheep" is of a similar nature(don't know who that is)

And what the hell is your problem assuming I never leave my computer? Mister level 88. Just because you can't understand why we're using a certain word?!? Besides, your arguments are feeble if you have to resort to personal attacks. Can't defend the "it's not racism" without that, huh? lol, pathetic.
    This is a pretty interesting topic-- one that could really only be involved in a very social MMO like PWI. I like the discussion, but I'd like to remind you all to try your best to keep your posts constructive rather than insulting.

I don't take kindly to insults, Admin.
    Discussions about Racism are not something I consider troll worthy. It's a topic that, as long as people can be level headed in, I think is a good thing to discuss.

~S
    Better grab some more popcorn Sai.
    Do you know what is even more idiotic? People are actually being serious about racism to a computer generated character, i know, i know its pathetic right b:surrender.
    That's the thing. WE'RE NOT TREATING IT SERIOUSLY. It's fantasy racism. It's a computer game. We're not getting insulted by it or anything. It's pretend. That's all.
    If anything it would be discrimination but even then its still only a computer generated group of pixels, so not real. People mainly dislike TB simply because 80+ oracle'd and 90% dont know how to play their character. This is the same reason why i stay as far away from wizards as i possibly can, i dont think ive ever squadded with an awesome wizard, 90% of those i have had the misfortune of squadding with are a complete let down so i just stay away from them altogether now b:laugh.
    Wizard is a class, not a race. It's not the same thing. Well, unless you take it seriously.
    edited February 2010

You're Dead set on comparing it to real racism. It's racism, plain and simple. It's just fantasy racism. You can tell the difference between fantasy and reality, can't you?

Excuse me? Who the hell do you think you are calling someone talking about a damned game pathetic? The one who's pathetic is you for getting butthurt about other people refering to something as what it is. It's pretty ignorant as well.

"Pikachu" is a species of Pokemon. Not a human character. I'm assuming "shaun the sheep" is of a similar nature(don't know who that is)

And what the hell is your problem assuming I never leave my computer? Mister level 88. Just because you can't understand why we're using a certain word?!? Besides, your arguments are feeble if you have to resort to personal attacks. Can't defend the "it's not racism" without that, huh? lol, pathetic.

I don't take kindly to insults, Admin.

Better grab some more popcorn Sai.

That's the thing. WE'RE NOT TREATING IT SERIOUSLY. It's fantasy racism. It's a computer game. We're not getting insulted by it or anything. It's pretend. That's all.

Wizard is a class, not a race. It's not the same thing. Well, unless you take it seriously.

It isn't racism though. Racism isnt a joke or anything its a serious term. People use it for anything now adays though including a race on an mmo.....

Im not getting butthurt, i just think its pathetic people are trying to bring serious matters such as racism in an mmo and people like you are dumb enough to follow.

TB are a species/race in PW so your point about you can be racist to a mmo class and not a pokemon is poor.

Yes, im level 88 thanks for pointing that out i almost forgot i leveled b:thanks.

It wasn't a personal attack, you got butthurt about it not me, i said it as a generalisation.

It isn't racism, why can you people not understand that? Some people don't like TB (mainly because of the amount of idiot TB there are), it isnt racism they just simply don't like you. I still cant believe im posting here i can feel my IQ slowly draining away everytime someone argues you can be racist on a computer game....

• Tekril - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    It isn't racism though. Racism isnt a joke or anything its a serious term. People use it for anything now adays though including a race on an mmo.....

Im not getting butthurt, i just think its pathetic people are trying to bring serious matters such as racism in an mmo and people like you are dumb enough to follow.
    Excuse me for not being PC, but "racism" is just a word. Just like "race". Tideborn is a fictional race in the Perfect World game, and with any race, fictional or not, racism is discrimination against or a feeling of superiority above another race. It's not a term to specifically be used IRL.

And there's no pathetic person here. We have imaginations, so we can immerse ourselves more in the game world. We know the line between fantasy and reality though, rest assured.
    TB are a species/race in PW so your point about you can be racist to a mmo class and not a pokemon is poor.
    Pokemon aren't humanoid. The races of Perfect World are humanoid races. The only things that could technically be racist against Pokemon in the Pokemon world are other Pokemon. And even that don't count, because Pokemon are divided into species, not races.

Besides, MMO classes =/= MMO races.
    Yes, im level 88 thanks for pointing that out i almost forgot i leveled b:thanks.
    Uhhh... y-you're welcome? o.o
    It wasn't a personal attack, you got butthurt about it not me, i said it as a generalisation.
    I'm far from butthurt. I'm merely pointing out your logical fallacy for saying that fictional races can't be involved in racism.
    It isn't racism, why can you people not understand that? Some people don't like TB (mainly because of the amount of idiot TB there are), it isnt racism they just simply don't like you. I still cant believe im posting here i can feel my IQ slowly draining away everytime someone argues you can be racist on a computer game....
    It's racism because they are races. Being fantasy races does not negate the fact that it's still racism. It's simple fantastic racism. I will link the page to you again, since you seemed to ignore it.

boo4u wrote: »
    i dont blame him...have u seen the tb's in fashion or them in our modern armor..they are savages i say..now the females can be used for breeding..kill the males
    If we don't kill you firstb:sin
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just because most people suck at playing a tideborn doesn't mean they all do. I would normally suggest that everyone use common sense but most of the playerbase don't have any.
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Just because most people suck at playing a tideborn doesn't mean they all do. I would normally suggest that everyone use common sense but most of the playerbase don't have any.
    Those are wise words. Though a lot of people can't see past generalizations of any sort.
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Those are wise words. Though a lot of people can't see past generalizations of any sort.

I wouldnt wanna squad with a fish person either... I mean theyre fishies b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    boo4u wrote: »
    i dont blame him...have u seen the tb's in fashion or them in our modern armor..they are savages i say..now the females can be used for breeding..kill the males

barack-obama.jpg
    I like how this guy thinks.b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    I wouldnt wanna squad with a fish person either... I mean theyre fishies b:chuckle
    Fair's fair, right? I mean I wouldn't want to squad with any hairless apes. b:sinb:beatenup
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Most don't want to squad with TB's because most TB's used oracles to get their levels, and can't play their damn class.
    Honestly, I don't mind.
    If I'm in a BH and I have a good barb that can hold agro, I'll deal with it.