Tideborn Overpowered

Comments

• volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited February 2010
    I think most people think they're op because they're so strong without spending anything, while every other class only gets op after they spent a ton of money.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    volst wrote: »
    I think most people think they're op because they're so strong without spending anything, while every other class only gets op after they spent a ton of money.

This is also true. What then if they will have God gear?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm in full support to NERF souls for psys and NERF sin's DPS.
  • Avalon - Raging Tide
    Avalon - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wizard has horrible physical defence(arcane) but has high elemental hit, so wiz is like a double edged sword.

This is off topic but I just have to say... lolwut? Ever hear of a little thing called Stone Barrier? Yeah, its a nifty little mage skill that doubles their physical defense. And non fail mages use physical def accessories... and refine them... thus gaining phys def.

On topic. I had my first real encounter with other psys and sins yesterday in TW. Psy soulburn hurts like hell if you don't see it, I threw an ironheart at a guild member to keep him alive and I ended up killing myself doing so b:surrender. Other then that though, a psy rolls over and dies fairly quickly since they have no def boost besides white voodoo and if they use that, they wont be killing anyone.

Sins though... sins I do not like. I was stunned and killed by the same like 2 sins about 30 times during the TW because I couldnt see them and so I would get teleport stunned and die. However, as I died, often times my squad members would drop the sin too. They are squishy and they truly are king in 1v1, but in group PvP, they are more like suicide bombers. They go in, kill the AA or LA, and then they die. As for HA, I find it hard to see a sin killing a HA character of a similar level and level of gear and refining in a 1v1 situation. Pics or it didn't happen so they say. And duels don't prove anything besides the lack of understanding of how the game works.
  • _Whisper_ - Raging Tide
    _Whisper_ - Raging Tide Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You know... I'm going to get flamed for this... But duels mean nothing for determining the power of a class. "Liek OMG, I totally PWN'd this Brab in a dool!!11eleven!" Yeah... In a real fight, the barb would have a charm, would be using pots, and you'd get bent over the nearest object and violated. I can defeat barbs in duels, but those same barbs whoop my **** in PK mode.

As for squishy classes? Sins are physical attackers. OF COURSE they're going to poke holes in the squishies... As for an Archer getting beaten down by a Sin? Durrrrr. Ya think? You guys are the sniper class, not the hit taking class. The only difference between you and a caster is you wear cardboard instead of paper.

Now... VS Psychics? Let's compare them to the closest class... The wizard. The only real differences? A. No fire damage, B. An AoE heal as opposed to a single target. A caster is a caster is a caster. Be it Wizard, or Cleric, or Psychic, I think we're all aware of the fact that, hey... MAGIC HURTS!

Basically, what this all sums up as is this. "OMG! There's liek, these totalllllllllllllllly new classes! No1 has written a guide to liek, pwnzor them yet... They must be OP!!1111Eleven. PANIC AND NERF!!!! roflcoptor."

For those of you who didn't read all that, I'll give you a summary..... LRN2PLAY, STFU, and realize there's actually a thing called balance in this game. That means.... YOU'RE ACTUALLY GOING TO LOSE SOMETIMES!

this chick just became my hero, just said everything I wanted to say.

The tideborns as all other classes HAVE WEAKNESSES OMG. Now how about you take some time and LEARN THEMb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/skyeuser/Whispercopy.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I got my Fishy Gills, And my Flippy Floppy's. Im a fish on land, no one can stop mehb:chuckle
  • Zexion - Raging Tide
    Zexion - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    For the record, Whisper's attacks are painful. he one shotted me a lot last night b:sad
    If you would please, allow me to interject with an interjection into your conversation which requires, an interjecting. For if I'm to understand correctly and correctly understand the present situation, which I may or may not understand correctly, then it seems that you all don't make sense at all.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This made me think of the current situation immediately.

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/223
    edited February 2010
    This made me think of the current situation immediately.

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/223

that made Me RoflStomp so hard xD
    [SIGPIC]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/skyeuser/Whispercopy.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I got my Fishy Gills, And my Flippy Floppy's. Im a fish on land, no one can stop mehb:chuckle
  • Aindrias - Sanctuary
    Aindrias - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    When is the Tide nerf update? b:sad
    Not soon surely, Devs dont really read peoples suggestions b:cry

the tide nerf update was when they first came out, now the tide are stronger and have more no running skills
    [SIGPIC]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/7/7/1/3/2627713LpOLv.png[/SIGPIC]

I am an Assassin short and stout, Here is my dagger I'll make you spout, When I watch your blood gush I scream and shout, Run you noob or I'll QQ you out. :3
  • Vorawrcious - Harshlands
    Vorawrcious - Harshlands Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yes, all you assassin class must trade in your daggers and fight with giant Q-tip.

Seriously, we need new potion or ginie skill called white powdered balloon, You throw powder and it covers all invisibles with white powder so you can see.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    To be fair, there are imbalances with other classes too. Some of it comes to how strong a class is at different stages of the game. For example, phoenixes rule mid levels no questions asked. At later levels, other classes begin to invest a lot more in their gear, and let's just say, there are now ways to survive 9x phoenixes. However, I'll be damned if you try to claim the phoenix doesn't **** any robe, LA's face 5x-7x just by itself.

The problem is that devs are faced with balancing PvE, solo PvP, group PvP, and all this at different level ranges. It's unimaginably complicated. I think a sub-forum with intelligent threads (no QQmoar *** posts) from experienced players of all classes on class balancing would be interesting. It'd be pretty fun, hopefully filled with maths, damage checks, and PvP tests. It's just that a lot of people derail threads into something **** and irrelevant.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LOL WE HAVENT SEEN A THREAD LIKE THIS SINCE PHOENIXES CAME OUT.

just because something killed you does not make it over powered. it means you dont fully conceptualize a strategy on how to kill them yet. these things can easily die in a number of hits, theyre pathetic lol.

i suggest you go find
    A. anti (insert status effect) pots at apoth
    B. anti (insert status effect) genie skills
    C. utilize wings of grace/winged shell should they try and close in for a kill.
    D. your close range moves, IE lightning ones, are the ones that will surprisingly do the most damage on these things. (LA unbuffed has embarassing mdef after a thundershock)

try it :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Malayshion - Lost City
    Malayshion - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    LOL WE HAVENT SEEN A THREAD LIKE THIS SINCE PHOENIXES CAME OUT.

just because something killed you does not make it over powered. it means you dont fully conceptualize a strategy on how to kill them yet. these things can easily die in a number of hits, theyre pathetic lol.

i suggest you go find
    A. anti (insert status effect) pots at apoth
    B. anti (insert status effect) genie skills
    C. utilize wings of grace/winged shell should they try and close in for a kill.
    D. your close range moves, IE lightning ones, are the ones that will surprisingly do the most damage on these things. (LA unbuffed has embarassing mdef after a thundershock)

try it :)

A. Awareness pots, only available if you own Raging Tides, and don't work if sin has maxed buffs.
    B. Debuff, or aoe something around you
    C. Doesn't work if they stun you long enough to make effect wear off :/
    D. Usually pk sins are invisible, so you have to aoe something near you still >_>
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    A. Awareness pots, only available if you own Raging Tides, and don't work if sin has maxed buffs.
    B. Debuff, or aoe something around you
    C. Doesn't work if they stun you long enough to make effect wear off :/
    D. Usually pk sins are invisible, so you have to aoe something near you still >_>

no they go invis and wait til wings of grace wears off lol...cuz you can't be stunned...you could always use that opportunity to run to safe haha.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i saw one of their reward gold daggers had 30 dex bonus b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lol Tech this is so very true my psychic pwns everything but um...

dejavu much? http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=614001
    rofl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I suggest they make archers less gimped endgame instead of nerfing the new classes b:chuckle.

Tideborns doesn't seem very overpowered at all compared to lets say 99+ barbs and wizards.

Pretty sure a sin will have problem even ticking a 100+ barbs charm, than dies to Armageddon or onslaught crit. Im sure he will also die to a hell fist BM in about 3 sec after occult ice + hell spark. Pretty sure a sin will also get 1 shoot by 99 wizards like all other La armor users with 3 vit. And killing a heavy veno with a nix on you isn't easy either. My sin is only lvl 8x so im no expert, but beside the fact that you can annoy the **** out of ppl with stealth, gets a second chance with deaden nerves and can back stab, the dmg isn't really that outrageous and neither is the dps compared to fist/claw users. Sins will never be able to kill cash shop Bms or barbs unless they get some crazy lvl 11 skills.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:chuckle I had a good laugh with some of the things some people posted. And about that excitable fellow starting all the mock threads i wonder if he realizes his name means buttler...

To all those uberpro leet players who seem to think this is not an issue, cool, some actual arguments would have worked somewhat better but i guess people used to ridicule have a feeling they should get even once in a while...
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    but beside the fact that you can annoy the **** out of ppl with stealth

That for me is what is going to cause the most QQ and OP threads... Sins waiting till people are fighting then stabbing them in the back when they are nearly dead from stealth
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    wtf? wasnt so many ppl saying how much sins suck and how they dont want them in parties or w/e? and now that we established that they dont suck we have a "tideborn is OP" thread?

u guys have to be BSing. actually ima just lol at this thread and walk away. not gonna get involved this time.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    no ranged chars already do that lol...

i've seen 2 ppl fighting it out at W arch then out of nowhere a ****ing BIDS fall on them and they both fall flat
    edited February 2010
    wtf? wasnt so many ppl saying how much sins suck and how they dont want them in parties or w/e? and now that we established that they dont suck we have a "tideborn is OP" thread?

u guys have to be BSing. actually ima just lol and this thread and walk away. not gonna get involved this time.

*claps for the post and quotes for truth* People are just mix emotional, QQ is the name of the game xD

• Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:chuckle I had a good laugh with some of the things some people posted. And about that excitable fellow starting all the mock threads i wonder if he realizes his name means buttler...

To all those uberpro leet players who seem to think this is not an issue, cool, some actual arguments would have worked somewhat better but i guess people used to ridicule have a feeling they should get even once in a while...

actually it's a position in the catholic church. it means chamberlin (spelling?) in Italian. :p. I made this char after watching Angels and Demons.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    actually it's a position in the catholic church. it means chamberlin (spelling?) in Italian. :p. I made this char after watching Angels and Demons.

Yea dude, you might want to look chamberlain up in a dictionary...

Edit; And actually it is not so much a postion within the Catholic church, just the head of the pope's household (ie buttler).
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:victory
    Yea dude, you might want to look chamberlain up in a dictionary...

oh... XD well, I'm a Cleric, so I do take care of/look after things. :P

EDIT: I picked it mostly cause it sounds cool and I liked the guy in Angels and Demons
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    *kicks Forums* Stupid quotes not working :(
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    That for me is what is going to cause the most QQ and OP threads... Sins waiting till people are fighting then stabbing them in the back when they are nearly dead from stealth
    My problem isn't that they can do this to people already fighting. It's that they can do this to anyone except for a barbarian, at any time, with a good chance of success and no real counter. Any other class, you can see coming on the map, and thus have at least some time in which to counter, run, whatever. An assassin simply appears, stabs you, and goes back into stealth.

Yes, you can use awareness potions. Where does the average, or even above-average, player get them?

Yes, you can use anti-stun potions. They do no good after the fact, have a long cooldown, and only last 20 seconds. The assassin can force stealth and wait for it to wear off.

Yes, you can use a genie skill to remove the stun. The assassin uses another stun, or goes back into stealth.

Yes, you can blindly AOE any time you suspect an assassin is in the area. That still requires a target, and foreknowledge.
    I suggest they make archers less gimped endgame instead of nerfing the new classes b:chuckle.
    No kidding. I want skills that don't suck. Not sure I agree with "instead of", but it would be very nice to actually be able to kill people around my level without being a huge cash shopper.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    this chick just became my hero, just said everything I wanted to say.

The tideborns as all other classes HAVE WEAKNESSES OMG. Now how about you take some time and LEARN THEMb:chuckle

Balance in multiplayer is always fun.. the winning side never admit it's strengths, and the losing side overblow any weakness.
    My problem isn't that they can do this to people already fighting. It's that they can do this to anyone except for a barbarian, at any time, with a good chance of success and no real counter. Any other class, you can see coming on the map, and thus have at least some time in which to counter, run, whatever. An assassin simply appears, stabs you, and goes back into stealth.

Yes, you can use awareness potions. Where does the average, or even above-average, player get them?

Yes, you can use anti-stun potions. They do no good after the fact, have a long cooldown, and only last 20 seconds. The assassin can force stealth and wait for it to wear off.

Yes, you can use a genie skill to remove the stun. The assassin uses another stun, or goes back into stealth.

Yes, you can blindly AOE any time you suspect an assassin is in the area. That still requires a target, and foreknowledge.

No kidding. I want skills that don't suck. Not sure I agree with "instead of", but it would be very nice to actually be able to kill people around my level without being a huge cash shopper.

You are so right, therefore, QFT.

There's no effective counter against a sin unless, they are of 20 levels lower than you, or you simply has got damn good instincts.

That is why I have said before, 99% of the time when a sin drops on you, you are most probably dead. Except for a barb and maybe BM, ALL other classes, which is 65% on the battlefield gets dispatched by the sin and dies after.

Archers on the other hand, unable to drop anyone decent unless with heavily cash shopped.

WTF is this balance?
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    We all know Tideborn is overpowered. Its obvious. All the abilities they have are at full power and overwhelming. Even the Veno bramble is nerfed in battle. Not for psy though, they're stuff is just stupidly overwhelming.

*Move to Suggestions... Wrong location*
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There is no need to make a thread about each race saying each is overpowered. Threads merged and moving to Lower Depths as spam.

The duplicate "Winged Elf overpowered" thread deserved Lower Depths. But this Original "Tideborn are overpowered" thread was a serious post that the OP had asked several times to be moved to the suggestion Forum. The Winged Elf thread trolled this thread and it worked and you completely snuffed the serious issue that was being addressed in this Thread. Please read threads before Lower Depth'ing them, as this one had a real message and issue to be addressed.

p.s. duplicating this post in other thread with word changes.