Tideborn Overpowered

Options

Comments

• Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The person that made the Winged elf OP thread is just posting to cause problems. Please have this moved to Suggestion Box.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I understand what ya are saying, tideborns sometimes to tend to be powerful, but remember that this goes for most characters. Clerics have awesome healing abbilities, wizards do alot of damage at higher levels, Blade Masters do pretty good damage, Barbs have alot of HP, Venomancers have a pet that can help them kill enemies, Archers are great at ranged attacks, and then there is what you said about psychics and assasins. The main thing here is that all classes have their own advantages, thats what makes the game fun.

No, the thing is this

Wizard spell damage without the wizard chanelling.
    Psychic chanelling is about as fast as an Archer stun shot, or venomancer scarab.except it does as much damage as a wizard sandstorm but without the 3+ second channel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Wolfgore - Heavens Tear
    Wolfgore - Heavens Tear Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:laugh QQ QQ QQand then QQ some moreeeee

PRO tips:

Fight em in the air
    Genie skills work even if stunned (Absolute Domain after they appear n stun you)
    AA and LA CANT FCKN TANK SINS DAMAGE so don't lol

And LOL there is NOTHING to nerf on sins!
    Take away their Stealth and high damage skills and you get what? A fail BM with light armor??b:laugh

Adapt or reroll a sin ROFLMAO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The person that made the Winged elf OP thread is just posting to cause problems. Please have this moved to Suggestion Box.

Maybe because there already same exact thread name on pvp pondering.

The first post of these thread was posted yesterday.
    That thread was exist longer than these one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Psssssst, I have a secret for you... You ready?

A sin can still be hit in stealth! If it gets caught in an AOE, or if the attacker's spell is channeling when stealth starts. And, Psy uses arcane armor- meaning

1. roll archer
    2. attack Psy
    3. ????
    4. profit.

If Psy uses white voodoo, damage is drastically reduced; if it uses black voodoo, it becomes even squishier.
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No, the thing is this

Wizard spell damage without the wizard chanelling.
    Psychic chanelling is about as fast as an Archer stun shot, or venomancer scarab.except it does as much damage as a wizard sandstorm but without the 3+ second channel.

I suggest you compare the damage a Wizard and a Psychic can do. Psychics deal a lot less damage with their final spells.

Maxed Red Tide (the most powerful Psychic's spell) = ~6k damage + x Soulforce over 9 seconds if bleeding triggers. Soulforce spells are greatly affected by level difference, so if the bleeding does trigger then the damage is probably close to Dragon Strike, yes.
    Maxed Earth Vector (second most powerful Psychic's spell) = 3k4 damage.

Now...

Maxed Black Ice Dragon Strike : ooooooh over 9k.
    Maxed Mountain Seize : ooooooh over 8k
    PLUS at least 100% more weapon damage involved.

NO, Psychics aren't fastchanneling Wizards and they are nowhere near them damagewise. Regarding effects on the other hand... Sure, we have to wait for Demon/Sage skills, but I highly doubt anyone of our nukes will go past 10k and tickle the 13k base damage + %wep a Wizard can deal.

Not to mention Psychics are a LOT more squishy than Wizards, we have nothing like Stone Barrier and eventhough White Voodoo pretty much halfens the damage we take, it also halfens the damage we deal. AND let's not forget that even with Black Voodoo, a Psychic could probably still not be able to match a Wizard's damage, and would be even more fragile.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:laugh QQ QQ QQand then QQ some moreeeee

PRO tips:

Fight em in the air
    Genie skills work even if stunned (Absolute Domain after they appear n stun you)
    AA and LA CANT FCKN TANK SINS DAMAGE so don't lol

And LOL there is NOTHING to nerf on sins!
    Take away their Stealth and high damage skills and you get what? A fail BM with light armor??b:laugh

Adapt or reroll a sin ROFLMAO

Rofl, so now we're going to play the game jumping 24/7 to avoid an assassin in PK mode? You're an idiot. Assassin is pumped up too much, once one hits 85, it is impossible to see no matter what level. AA/LA can't take more than a couple hits from assassin unless you're beefed with full citrines or garnets. So you want the entire PWI to convert to HA because of 1 type of avatar?
    Psssssst, I have a secret for you... You ready?

A sin can still be hit in stealth! If it gets caught in an AOE, or if the attacker's spell is channeling when stealth starts. And, Psy uses arcane armor- meaning

1. roll archer
    2. attack Psy
    3. ????
    4. profit.

If Psy uses white voodoo, damage is drastically reduced; if it uses black voodoo, it becomes even squishier.

Again, beyond making a special genie to counter them for 1 hit, what AoE does archer have to hit something invisible? If you get a genie with AoE, you're basically using a genie to fight your battle alone. Yeah.... thats gonna work great...

Races should be equal in power when using regular gear and doing regular stuff. To beat an assassin/psy you have to build special genies to counter and buff your gear to withstand hits and jump around like an idiot to fight them.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Again, beyond making a special genie to counter them for 1 hit, what AoE does archer have to hit something invisible? If you get a genie with AoE, you're basically using a genie to fight your battle alone. Yeah.... thats gonna work great...

Races should be equal in power when using regular gear and doing regular stuff. To beat an assassin/psy you have to build special genies to counter and buff your gear to withstand hits and jump around like an idiot to fight them.

You know this works both ways right ? I couldn't handle a BM, or any "physical" class for that matter, without Second Wind or Holy Path. And I'm Psychic. Tho, I don't really see what genie skill in particular is THE counter to a Psychic.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It goes both ways for BM vs Psy. Psy is heavy magic damage with low physical res. BM is heavy physical damage with low magic res. But psy can turn on reflection and reduction then boost def level and psy becomes a thorn bush. Like I said earlier, I'm at level 97 archer and when fighting a psy at level 6X, I was hitting myself with reflect damage and killing myself faster than it was killing her. 97 vs 6X should be a push over, doesn't matter whats going on there.

But the last post was more about assassins and not being able to touch them at all.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Not to mention Psychics are a LOT more squishy than Wizards, we have nothing like Stone Barrier and eventhough White Voodoo pretty much halfens the damage we take, it also halfens the damage we deal. AND let's not forget that even with Black Voodoo, a Psychic could probably still not be able to match a Wizard's damage, and would be even more fragile.
    I think Pandora's age old guide puts it nicely.

"All an archer has to do is select you and roll it's face over the keyboard and you're dead."

Tradeoff for a little slower channeling is having the highest defenses of any arcane class. I love my wizard
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Stone Barrier must be amazing. 100% physical defence increase!? that's like 400 defence to 800!!! wizards are practically tanks!*Sarcasm if you didn't pick that up* Psy is faster than a wiz as far as spells go. Lets not forget the voodoo spells. Which isn't a bad add to the class, and that much i won't complain about. But that mixed with the reflection and damage reduction... thats overkill.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It goes both ways for BM vs Psy. Psy is heavy magic damage with low physical res. BM is heavy physical damage with low magic res. But psy can turn on reflection and reduction then boost def level and psy becomes a thorn bush. Like I said earlier, I'm at level 97 archer and when fighting a psy at level 6X, I was hitting myself with reflect damage and killing myself faster than it was killing her. 97 vs 6X should be a push over, doesn't matter whats going on there.

But the last post was more about assassins and not being able to touch them at all.

You have to understand that White Voodoo doesn't make a Psychic a Barb. Even with White Voodoo on it doesn't take a lot of hits to kill us. Honestly, White Voodoo is way more useful when you want to tank magical bosses. Soul of Vengeance doesn't one shot you if you attack the Psy, get real... And Retaliation and Stunning both disappear upon a successful cast. The only "real" threat against a White Voodooed Psychic would be Soulburn, which has a huge animation, a +2sec casting time and is quite easily avoidable. Plus, White Voodoo greatly reduces our damage too.

I'm sorry to say (AGAIN), but, if you got killed by a 6x Psychic with a 97 Archer, you suck and should quit the game. You should one shot a Psychic that level and Souls shouldn't hurt you very much...
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    simple: veno bramble = nerfed, psy reflect = ... not nerfed. over powered.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    psychics stuff aint reflecting as much as bramble does i think.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    rikako wrote: »
    psychics stuff aint reflecting as much as bramble does i think.

soulburn = apparently suffers no pvp reduction
    ._.'
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ._.'

Which equals...what...about good couple thousands or so in damage? Yeah...

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • rikako
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ._.'

ah yea i remember, gosu nix killing itself awesome stuff.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ah yea i remember, gosu nix killing itself awesome stuff.
    <---reason why teh soulburn will get nerfed.
    b:chuckle
    oh mah gawd it done keeled our cash bird....and it be something free!
    we better nerf it now....or charge $50 just to learn the skill.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rikako
    edited February 2010
    Options
    <---reason why teh soulburn will get nerfed.
    oh mah gawd it done keeled our cash bird....and it be something free!
    we better nerf it now....or charge $50 just to learn the skill.

b:laugh

how many bets would you put if they change that you wont be able to reflect cash shop pets? b:cute
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    simple: veno bramble = nerfed, psy reflect = ... not nerfed. over powered.

You know... I duelled a lv 4x Wizard, and Soul of Vengeance reflected 80 on him. I got nearly 10k Soulforce.

OMG OVERPOWERED.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You know... I duelled a lv 4x Wizard, and Soul of Vengeance reflected 80 on him. I got nearly 10k Soulforce.

OMG OVERPOWERED.

er.....soul of vengeance = not overpowered....(just annoying as heck)
    it be soulburn which be the problem skill
    >.<'
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rikako
    edited February 2010
    Options
    its not the soul of vengeance but more like the soulburn skill, i think.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    its not the soul of vengeance but more like the soulburn skill, i think.

me has ninja powahs.
    >.<'
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm not sure about that, but I think Soulburn suffers a lot from level difference.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Off psy for now, we already know its stupid. How about assassin? we still can't hit it.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Off psy for now, we already know its stupid. How about assassin? we still can't hit it.

Misty Falls ring, anybody?
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    thats not what this is about at all. read a little. we can't hit them because they're invisible. I have over 7.5k accuracy. i don't have any problem hitting stuff. but they're invisible. i can't even get a lock.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Sashera - Sanctuary
    Sashera - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    My problem isn't that they can do this to people already fighting. It's that they can do this to anyone except for a barbarian, at any time, with a good chance of success and no real counter. Any other class, you can see coming on the map, and thus have at least some time in which to counter, run, whatever. An assassin simply appears, stabs you, and goes back into stealth.

well I could be wrong... but isnt the whole point of any assasin in any game (or real life) to sneak up behind unsuspecting opponents and take them down wihout anyones notice? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I agree with that part, but the assassin should just be cloaked more, I should still be able to hit it. Like level 10 cloak = 95% invisible. You can still see a blur or outlines so you can target it. THAT would be amazing.

And don't even say Tideborn isn't overpowered, I think a good 50% of all new threads since TideBorn release was complaining its overpowered. XD

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So you're relying on people like the huge moron who said that Psychics could replace Clerics because of Bubble of Life. Way to back yourself up.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric