Assassin's Killing Guide

Options
Sharian - Raging Tide
Sharian - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Assassin
Well, as you can read, i want to make a guide that can help once and for all assassins to know how battle efficiently every class in the game. So i want to ask your help. Every assassin here that has dueled a specific class can please post his/her strategy, the entire mechanics of the duel, play style used by both of duelists and of course combos that has been effective. I'll try to do this by my own as well. Let's post here and i'll edit the first post as long as you tell us your experience. It is appreciated if you can describe as more particulars as you can in order to understand what assassins can or cannot do in different situations. Good Luck and thanks to everyone for the collaboration.

Blademasters:

Wizards:

Archers:

Clerics:

Barbarians:

Venomancers:

Assassins:

Psychics:
Post edited by Sharian - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Barbarians:

Unless it's a fail barb with no charm, just go into stealth and go away. Pick a target you can actually kill.
  • Super_Trout - Dreamweaver
    Super_Trout - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Don't know much about PK fights, but for duels:

Any magic class it's best to open with Deep Sting to interrupt their channeling and sleep them so you can spark/finish buffing/whatever.

If you spark your spike skills, robes usually go down in a couple shots (I've 2/3 shot robes in their 6x's)

All you really have to watch out for is a veno, or a friend of a veno who got their bramble. Puncture wound>Deep sting works well for tacking on a lot of damage without feeling too much pain.

Archers are fun, tackling slash to keep them in place and keep them in melee range so they do half damage except for their metal attacks. I don't have much experience with them, having only dueled one so far, others can give you better info than I can.

As for barbs and BMs, I don't know about the higher levels, as it just gets exponentially harder to kill them as you level. >.>
    But for the ones I was dueling a few levels ago, I beat them by incapacitating them to death. Puncture wound>Deep sting(let the bleed run dry)>Tackling slash>get out of melee range>all of your ranged attacks>repeat.
    I highly doubt it would work in the higher levels, but it was just peachy for those idiots. b:surrender

Assassins, I would imagine it's all about who hits first. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Killermate - Harshlands
    Killermate - Harshlands Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    In open PvP, keeping Chill of the Deep up (I'll start calling this skill "CoD" to save time) the most efficient way to kill. That is why i have being an azz about ppl thinking about using bows for PvP. It just fails with -100% attack rate and we have a 15 sec CD tele skill.

While buffed with CoD and DDing on LA/HA, it's important to use your skills correctly so there is no time wasted with no DPS/bad DPS input (auto attacking with CoD or waiting for cool downs) . One way to dominate fights is by making ppl know they can't just stand there and tank your dmg. Make them have to constantly move as this can be used for both offense and defense. We are great at chasing ppl down after all.

Twin Strike, despite of being our first skill and several ppl recommend not leveling it, is one of our main dmg management skills.
    Just like BMs need to use lower level skills to maximize dmg between stunning skills during stun-locks, Twin Strike provides quick DPS that you can put into any skill chain and prevent yourself from having all other skills on CD.
  • Mizore_P - Sanctuary
    Mizore_P - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I Dueled only once with a cleric so as soon as battle started he started spamming ironheart,so you have to use puncture first and then deep sting,while you do a bit of dmg with the puncture wound the ironheart is still regenerating hp to the cleric,so as soon as i deep stinged her i sparked and used all my hard hitting spells and he was dead.
    So basicly stealth>shadow jump(if not already in the clerics melee range)>puncture wound>deep sting>spark>rib strike>slipstream and then maybe throat cut to finish him for good.But this might not work with clerics who run away
  • BaddgirlxD - Dreamweaver
    BaddgirlxD - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I Dueled only once with a cleric so as soon as battle started he started spamming ironheart,so you have to use puncture first and then deep sting,while you do a bit of dmg with the puncture wound the ironheart is still regenerating hp to the cleric,so as soon as i deep stinged her i sparked and used all my hard hitting spells and he was dead.
    So basicly stealth>shadow jump(if not already in the clerics melee range)>puncture wound>deep sting>spark>rib strike>slipstream and then maybe throat cut to finish him for good.But this might not work with clerics who run away

yeah clerics normally kite so you need to freeze first.
    stealth>doublespark/spark>extremepoison>tackling slash.. at this part if that attack dealt near than half hp.. try a slipstream strike for a final KO if not.. try bleed then slip xD (remember to have chill of the deep on all the time and when your about to strike.. activate deaden nerves just incase :P)
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Don't know much about PK fights, but for duels:

Any magic class it's best to open with Deep Sting to interrupt their channeling and sleep them so you can spark/finish buffing/whatever.

If you spark your spike skills, robes usually go down in a couple shots (I've 2/3 shot robes in their 6x's)

All you really have to watch out for is a veno, or a friend of a veno who got their bramble. Puncture wound>Deep sting works well for tacking on a lot of damage without feeling too much pain.

Archers are fun, tackling slash to keep them in place and keep them in melee range so they do half damage except for their metal attacks. I don't have much experience with them, having only dueled one so far, others can give you better info than I can.

As for barbs and BMs, I don't know about the higher levels, as it just gets exponentially harder to kill them as you level. >.>
    But for the ones I was dueling a few levels ago, I beat them by incapacitating them to death. Puncture wound>Deep sting(let the bleed run dry)>Tackling slash>get out of melee range>all of your ranged attacks>repeat.
    I highly doubt it would work in the higher levels, but it was just peachy for those idiots. b:surrender

Assassins, I would imagine it's all about who hits first. b:shocked

in duels assasins can stealth at the count down.. then while in stealth buffing themselves and strike with sparked attacks :P
    for BMs and barbs.. just kite them around with a bow? i did that to a barb and he got pssed xD
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I cannot wait to see the face some massive barb drop down from the clouds and Armageddon the area with massive dmg and crits that 1 shot everyone while the sin stands there after focused made them take 1dmg and nerves is still up going b:question did I miss something??

Anyway...

BM and Cleric often share the same traits in trying to shut you down and immobilize you. Maze steps comes in handy heavily when trying to avoid sleep or stun. If it's available always keep it in consideration whether charging in or even part way through a fight. It has a reasonably long cooldown however so make a decision wisely.

If the cleric spots you and starts stacking up IH, the bleed/sleep/nuke works fine, but if you notice that purple glow, you need to click maze steps and be ready to regain your chi.

For bm, most will use a stun off the get go, generally bc they miss earlier on you can survive it and hammer on them then hit maze steps about 8-15 sec in to make sure that your dmg stays constant during that last stretch.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Shardyn - Harshlands
    Shardyn - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    When Assassins start to hit level 90+ I would imagine that Clerics and Wizards are going to have yet another target painted on them. I saw a level 88 Sin 2 shot a 95 cleric yesterday. Kinda scary..

FFS GMs, fix my forum Avatar! >.<
  • Super_Trout - Dreamweaver
    Super_Trout - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    When Assassins start to hit level 90+ I would imagine that Clerics and Wizards are going to have yet another target painted on them. I saw a level 88 Sin 2 shot a 95 cleric yesterday. Kinda scary..

Yeah, In duels when I was mid 4x, I was able to 2-shot 6x AA, and nearly 3-shot a 7x cleric, but then he used cyclone and I lost. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    that 9x must've been an unbuffed cleric...or a poor cleric. lol
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    usually when im up against arcanes or archers i just go into stealth then tele to them and use tackling slash so they cant run. i then put them to sleep with deep stink before they can get a spell off and then spark up. after that fight is over in 2-3 hits almost always for me. 1 hit if i get a crit.

squishies like wiz/archers/clerics/psys usually go down in 4 hits or less even when 10 lvls higher then me. i however will go down alot faster then they will go down most of the time which is why i try to minimize the dmg done to me by going into stealth and using sleep (and when i get higher it will be my stun skills) and maximize dmg on them by using tangling mire and sparks and such to try and kill them before they can even touch me.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i then put them to sleep with deep stink before they can get a spell off

lolol your farts are so bad they knock people out?! b:shockedb:shocked
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lolol your farts are so bad they knock people out?! b:shockedb:shocked

LMAO!!!! b:chuckleb:laugh
  • UltraStatic - Raging Tide
    UltraStatic - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Unless it's a fail barb with no charm, just go into stealth and go away. Pick a target you can actually kill.

i have killed quite a few barbs thank you
    It wasn't me!
    [SIGPIC]http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu307/StarChieff/UltraSonic-1.gif[/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of the WHO DAT NATION!!!
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i have killed quite a few barbs thank you

notice he did say uncharmed/fail barbs.
    also barbs 10-20 levels lower than you don't count.
    real barbs = b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blide - Lost City
    Blide - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Soo... My tactics...find a target, get into stealth, buff myself(Blood paint,Chill of Deep,MOST IMPORtANT=Focused mind)than get next to the target get out of stealth with tackling slash than a fast puncture wood Rib strike,Slipstream and puncture again...and than put him into sleep...the enemy will die in his wounds.Barbs at your lvls are not soo hard because Its like you are an archer who is not kiting soo just stand your ground put him into sleep/seal/stun and he will surley die and thanks to Focused mind you will have x% chance to Avoid EVERY attacking skill... a veno 2 sparked spell hit 1 on me :D,cute isn't it?It all depends on you...and remember STEALTH IS A MUST
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted

To every assassin class mate...always focus your minds b:chuckle
  • wolfyyy
    wolfyyy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    No 90ish squishies in RT server has ever survived more than 3 hits from me.

3 hits will mean that non of the hits are crits.

More than often, a high level Headhunt ( w/ max CoD ) that crits, will 1 hit any squishies for me.

As for barbs, I don't think many sins out there has ever tried micro'ing genie skills while dueling. Stacking A high level tangling mire ( -40% phy def +- for 12 sec ) with extreme poison ( receive 20% more damage for 10 sec +- ), can anyone even imagine how painful its gonna be for an opponent to be de-buffed that way? My headhunt deals about 1.5k damage for a normal attack against a barb of the same level. If it crits, it'll be about 3k - not counting the de-buffs just yet.

Sins have Mazing Step, an ability that makes them immue to stun for 10 seconds. Top that up with a maxed focus mind ( 25% evasion against all attacks ) and a natural high phy attack evasion, it'll be really difficult to stun lock a sin.

All of us keep ranting about how OP a barb and BM would be at endgame. But no one has ever seen an endgame sin just yet. Sins have a neat set of abilities. Any pro sin user with quick reaction time will totally own at endgame.
  • Kriticalhitz - Raging Tide
    Kriticalhitz - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Soo... My tactics...find a target, get into stealth, buff myself(Blood paint,Chill of Deep,MOST IMPORtANT=Focused mind)than get next to the target get out of stealth with tackling slash than a fast puncture wood Rib strike,Slipstream and puncture again...and than put him into sleep...the enemy will die in his wounds.Barbs at your lvls are not soo hard because Its like you are an archer who is not kiting soo just stand your ground put him into sleep/seal/stun and he will surley die and thanks to Focused mind you will have x% chance to Avoid EVERY attacking skill... a veno 2 sparked spell hit 1 on me :D,cute isn't it?It all depends on you...and remember STEALTH IS A MUST

ehemm... Clerics... plumeshell
    BMs... stun
    venos.. bramble hood
    Wizards... that move thing (forgot its name b:cry)
    Psycics.... lv 59 stun
    barbs.. (which sin goes for this anyway? >.>) arma
    archers.. winged shell

how are you gona win with all these defences!! O:!! b:chuckle

anyone thats 8x+ will react immediately.. you need to keep them locked so that they dont get away :<
    (throatcut + headhunt helps alot :D) teh problem is throatcut has long castime compared to others :<
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    For Arcanes and LAs, I've used:
    (Stealth) > Shadow Tele > Puncture > Deep Sting > Inner Harmony > Head Hunt > Rising Dragon Strike > If opponent still alive, Throatcut+Spark Burst 1 > DD skill.

If timed and chained correctly, they'll be QQing that they couldn't do anything for a long period of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    if youre having trouble killing anything other then a BM or barb. you should probly reroll, sin is not the class for you. and at lower lvls (50 or so) i was actually beationg barbs my lvl no problem. but no so much after 70-80. but my favorite barb victory was waiting in an instense for the rest of the party the barb sends me a duel request. im 80 hes 86...so eh, why the **** not give it a try. besides charms dont count in duels so i actually stand a sliver of chance. i decide to go with maximum DPS and pray he doesnt stun me. double spark during count down, inner harmony, power dash, reg hit. he throws down perdition and misses so theres half his life. a small army of double sparked crits later i win :) i wouldnt relie on that stradegy though. not many people are to dumb to forget about stun
  • Blackmail - Raging Tide
    Blackmail - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ehemm... Clerics... plumeshell
    BMs... stun
    venos.. bramble hood
    Wizards... that move thing (forgot its name b:cry)
    Psycics.... lv 59 stun
    barbs.. (which sin goes for this anyway? >.>) arma
    archers.. winged shell

how are you gona win with all these defences!! O:!! b:chuckle

anyone thats 8x+ will react immediately.. you need to keep them locked so that they dont get away :<
    (throatcut + headhunt helps alot :D) teh problem is throatcut has long castime compared to others :<

I had to get at this...

If a cleric barriers, we disappear.
    If a veno brambles, we sleep and bleed and disappear.
    If a wiz blinks, we "blink" twice.
    Psys can stun, sins can stun more. Psys are squishy. Need I say more?
    Barb generally = death, unless he crits for a 1 (I've seen it happen, and lost duel while lmao).
    Archers = LOL!! What kind of archer survives against a sin attack?

It's easy to say what a person CAN do, but the outcome depends on the situation itself. There's always a hypothetical.

For example... what if a barb can't hit me? I dodge all his hits and the ones he does land does 1 damage thanks to FM? There's no way a barb can win!

As candy-coated as it sounds, it's absolute bullchit. Even blind barbs can find our **** and put their foot in it.
  • Kriticalhitz - Raging Tide
    Kriticalhitz - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I had to get at this...

If a cleric barriers, we disappear.
    If a veno brambles, we sleep and bleed and disappear.
    If a wiz blinks, we "blink" twice.
    Barb generally = death, unless he crits for a 1 (I've seen it happen, and lost duel while lmao).
    Archers = LOL!! What kind of archer survives against a sin attack?

It's easy to say what a person CAN do, but the outcome depends on the situation itself. There's always a hypothetical.

For example... what if a barb can't hit me? I dodge all his hits and the ones he does land does 1 damage thanks to FM? There's no way a barb can win!

As candy-coated as it sounds, it's absolute bullchit. Even blind barbs can find our **** and put their foot in it.

b:surrender some archers do survve aginst sin attcks <_<

P.S I HAS TO LEVEL!!! -.-"
  • Becca_Line - Harshlands
    Becca_Line - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Dear, You plume shell when your a cleric... First thing you should do. Im Lvl 78 Cleric as you can see and when i plume shell not even a barb can 2 shot me. If i didn't plume shell a sin could kill me in 5 seconds.
  • Accel - Raging Tide
    Accel - Raging Tide Posts: 673 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If the psy is skilled, then you will be a dead sin. You have to learn how to counter their souls b:surrender
    b:surrender some archers do survve aginst sin attcks <_<

P.S I HAS TO LEVEL!!! -.-"

nabnabnabnab
    You can't see me b:avoid.
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Archers = LOL!! What kind of archer survives against a sin attack?.

lol you count archers out too easy sure we have low hp and at close range we do half dmg but we have a few of the best defence skills in the game WoG (invinsible while casting, immune to movement impairing effects, reduce all dmg by 30%), wing shell (obsorb X amount of phys/mag dmg). When a archer has both up for that period of time your gonna do very lil dmg to them and thats all the time they will need to bust out a thundershock and if they have thunderstorm that combo will take you down real fast and if it dont kill you (it probly will) they finish you with lightning strike. so plz dont think archer have no way to defend against a sin yes it is hard but it is possible
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XLusca - Heavens Tear
    XLusca - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol you count archers out too easy sure we have low hp and at close range we do half dmg but we have a few of the best defence skills in the game WoG (invinsible while casting, immune to movement impairing effects, reduce all dmg by 30%), wing shell (obsorb X amount of phys/mag dmg). When a archer has both up for that period of time your gonna do very lil dmg to them and thats all the time they will need to bust out a thundershock and if they have thunderstorm that combo will take you down real fast and if it dont kill you (it probly will) they finish you with lightning strike. so plz dont think archer have no way to defend against a sin yes it is hard but it is possible

well in this little scenario the sin would have deaden nerves up so your genie will only tick the sins charm and if your not stunned/sealed then your getting hit by something nasteh lol
    edited February 2010
    Options
    well in this little scenario the sin would have deaden nerves up so your genie will only tick the sins charm and if your not stunned/sealed then your getting hit by something nasteh lol

this maybe true but the archer still survived the atks which was the point i was trying to make the person i quoted seemed to be under the impression that an archer has no way to survive..... besides you havent seem my genie xD its a monster.... wow that may seem a bit arrogant but my genie does do quite a bit of dmg(lvl 10 Tstorm + 93 dex) this genie was made to max Tstorms dmg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    this maybe true but the archer still survived the atks which was the point i was trying to make the person i quoted seemed to be under the impression that an archer has no way to survive..... besides you havent seem my genie xD its a monster.... wow that may seem a bit arrogant but my genie does do quite a bit of dmg(lvl 10 Tstorm + 93 dex) this genie was made to max Tstorms dmg

a good sin can indeed kill an archer before he has a chance to attack. and to your monster genie i say this. i highly doubt your finger is on the Tstorm hot key. so when i pot out of stealth and stun you. it will take a full half second or so for your brain to realize "oh im getting attacked by a sin" another half second or so to go click or hit your T storm skill. and becasue youre stunned and havent had a chance to metal debuff me its not going to one shot me.

if you didnt have a charm....youre a dead archer. if you did have a charm. well...you might get lucky
    edited February 2010
    Options
    a good sin can indeed kill an archer before he has a chance to attack. and to your monster genie i say this. i highly doubt your finger is on the Tstorm hot key. so when i pot out of stealth and stun you. it will take a full half second or so for your brain to realize "oh im getting attacked by a sin" another half second or so to go click or hit your T storm skill. and becasue youre stunned and havent had a chance to metal debuff me its not going to one shot me.

if you didnt have a charm....youre a dead archer. if you did have a charm. well...you might get lucky

b:chuckle actually my finger is always on the Tstorm hot key whenever I'm pking or dueling. As soon as i come under atk if i cant or don't think i can pull off the metal debuff i hit the Tstorm hot key (Tstorm is right next to my hp pot hot key) sry but i really <3 my Tstorm........ and I'm to stubborn to believe that wont pwn so i guess I'm kinda biased twards Tstorm XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle actually my finger is always on the Tstorm hot key whenever I'm pking or dueling. As soon as i come under atk if i cant or don't think i can pull off the metal debuff i hit the Tstorm hot key (Tstorm is right next to my hp pot hot key) sry but i really <3 my Tstorm........ and I'm to stubborn to believe that wont pwn so i guess I'm kinda biased twards Tstorm XD

you would be much better off with something to break you out of stun, or even something that would stun me. although Tstorm MAY tick my charm. (which i doubt with tout the metal debuff on) if still going to kill you before you move