R9 or Nirvana?

Options
_SparkPlug_ - Heavens Tear
_SparkPlug_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Cleric
Hi Guys / Girls.

I've got $1450 to spend on my gear.

Some people say to go full R9 is not worth it. And that I should mix/match it with Nirvana gear to get better channeling or somehting? Everyone has their own opinions but I just don't want to waste my money.

Could anyone please help me shed some light on this...
I'm on HT server. b:pleased

(I'm a mix player...I do TW and just some PVE--not really hardcore PVP)
Post edited by _SparkPlug_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I just don't want to waste my money.

Donate to charity then. At least that won't be 1.4k on pixels...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Sounds like you want defensive gear then.

G16 is the better option for the defensively minded player. You get same defense levels as r9 and better defenses; furthermore, in place of the r9 belt, you can get an entirely-physical defense belt such as Warsong Belt, to further defend against the archers (and ocassionally sins) who will mostly target you in TW.

Make sure to equip a physical defense ring, highly refined, in place of 2 magic rings. The setup I use is a sign of frost: chaos, and r9 ring. If you don't wish to get r9, you could use, say, a Sky Cover and Cloud Stir, both nicely refined.

I'd also STRONGLY suggest a r8 reforged weapon for defensive/healing-only purposes (TW) in addition to a g16 weapon. Acceptable r8 reforge weapons would be either high defense level, or one with Purify Spell on it.

If you can afford it, Jades of Steady Defense in armor are the best. If not, Garnet Gems (physical def) are probably the way to go for TW; Citrine Gems (hp) are possibly better for pve, but for the gear you are getting, PVE will be a non-issue; your gear will be more than good enough for 99% of pve applications.

I had r9 on my cleric prior to the introduction of g16. Given the option I'd likely opt for g16 over r9, due to the superior defensive qualities. It is acceptable for clerics to give up some attack lvls if it comes with a defensive gain, because attack lvls do not affect the strength of your heals.

Cheers,

Azzazin

PS: I know its a PK guide but you might find some information you find useful in my on-going guide to cleric pk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • _SparkPlug_ - Heavens Tear
    _SparkPlug_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Thank you very much.

G16 it is. b:pleased
  • Willbert - Dreamweaver
    Willbert - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It is acceptable for clerics to give up some attack lvls if it comes with a defensive gain, because attack lvls do not affect the strength of your heals.

Cheers,

Azzazin
    .[/URL]

Everything was nice until you said this. This is 100% incorrect. Magic Atk levels does affect how strong your heals are.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Everything was nice until you said this. This is 100% incorrect. Magic Atk levels does affect how strong your heals are.

Lol... Let me help you http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1515851 . You are welcome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Magic Atk levels

Maybe if such a stat existed. ''Normal'' attack levels, however, do not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Maybe if such a stat existed. ''Normal'' attack levels, however, do not.

Don't tell me my attack levels are not magical b:cry now I feel as ordinary as everyone else