Is PW intentionally trying to kill PWI?

Options
124»

Comments

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    you're missing the point.. the point isn't to shut down the f2p it's to not give the "rich" f2p players the same exp enhanced advantages as the p2p players, if p2p players want to sell their gold for coin, great, however, if they want to use it to level, they are the only ones who should have that option
    and that just goes to show how much inequality you want. When you sell gold you forfit your rights to the shop you can acces with that gold and transfer those rights to someone else. It's not for you to decide what is done with what you sell.

That would be like me handing you a PS3 and saying all you can do is use the internet browser. It doesn't work that way.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver
    VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I would like to point out that everyone was happy with the PW model before they went crazy with their first packs, the rainbow eggs back in august. People paid cash for fashion and other luxuries, and the company seemed to survive nicely on that income, no? b:puzzled

But then with the introduction of rainbow eggs, they discovered that packs had the same effect as gambling. People would spend hundreds of dollars on rainbow eggs, because the next one could yield a Golden Lion Lord. When the GMs saw the cash flowing in, they went crazy, developing every type of pack they could imagine.

That's when they hit on another quick cash fix. The same people who had the dough to spend on effectively gambling, wanted to gain power without putting effort into it. With anniversary packs, they could get FC and Lunar weapons, and TT100 mats. But they aren't happy with that... in order to use those weapons they have to achieve the proper level, but they still don't want to put the effort into it (poor them b:cry ). Hence the introduction of HyperEXP.

I, for one, will continue the game until I get bored of it, but I see that time coming exponentially closer with each new update. I see everything I have worked towards for the past 8 months slowly (or quickly) being devalued to basically nothing. b:surrender
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ok, you spent $10 in the CS and sold it.. now, what about the lvl 90 person in a TW faction that hasn't spent any $ at all period, not a single penny, but because they own 20 territories, they get 200,000,000 coin per week *snip*
    If they buy the 10 Gold I put up I give up any and all rights as to what is down with MY money. it has been sold to them to do with what THEY please.

What if I spent $10 and later bought 40 gold? Your logic makes 0 sense.
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    rexberry wrote: »
    This alone shows how wrong you are in your ways. At the very least, you're being incredibly disrespectful by calling Waffle stupid.

Contend with you? Your defeat is in in our not stooping to your level.

First of all, I never said you were stupid. You seem to be obsessed with that word. The only problem I have with you is your disrespect and disregard for others' feelings. Yes, feelings.

Ahh so I missed a letter in through, and forgot to type a ' in what's. Again is that all you can say? Are you perfect? Have you ever typed something so fast you missed a letter? Hell, I've typed stuff so fast I've missed entire words because my mind is already ahead of my fingers.

If the best you can do to refute what I say is attack my spelling and punctuation then you really have nothing worth attacking. You can't refute my arguments so you resort to attacking one or two words misspelled or not punctuated as a basis to discount what I have said.

When you can actually refute what I have said, then I suggest you do so. Until then, you have failed to do anything but show people that you have nothing that will refute what I have said and so must resort to other means to discount me.

~Saitada
  • Zikai - Heavens Tear
    Zikai - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    From what I'm understanding, PWI is more or less killing the addiction for the non-cashshopping players, and that's why the quality players are "rage-quitting" because of what they feel is morally absurd and almost attacking them for their hard work and rewarding those others too easily.

From a psychological view, the end result would be that the only players remaining would be those that use the cashshop. Whether that's their intention or not, it just seems like that's a long way down the road with the direction they're headed.

For a simple little example, say you have to move bricks across a lawn (hypothetically). If you move all 10 bricks, you will be rewarded with dinner. But, if you move 5 of the bricks, and then pay $5, you will also be rewarded with dinner. The issue is that now they're implementing the option to just pay $10 and move no bricks and you'll still get dinner... and probably dessert. The people that have to move all of the bricks are just annoyed and mostly hurt because they might not be capable of that option and yet they work harder to earn the same (or even less) by those that don't move any.

Understandably, life isn't fair, but this is not life either. This is inevitably a game. If you're unhappy, stop playing. If you're happy, continue playing. If you're partially happy because all of the stupid random squads you get suck and you can't get anything done, then... I can't really tell you what you should do, but only suggest that you find quality friends and maybe a quality faction. If you can't find quality friends, then I'm sorry, but I'm out of ideas for you b:surrender

I too, am addicted to playing pwi, but I luckily have a great faction with reliable players. Heck, we have barbarians in barbarian training and clerics in cleric training because we're trying to teach these (surprisingly willing) players how to effectively play their class with the necessities. Of course, they do have the option to deviate their skills and builds, but we offer general guidelines and explain simple things - like heal aggro for an example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Who heals the healer?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think before we need to continue in this discussion, some facts need to be laid straight:

People who are in the large TW factions do not, in fact, have oodles of coin to play with. In fact, coin value has depreciated so much that they need to spend more and more of their TW salary into buying charms and apoc meds. if you've never TWed you wouldn't know about these expenses, seriously. Try playing a barb through a TW, (I haven't but i've heard barbs ***** during) try doing this multiple times a week, and tell me that your TW salary makes you rich. A lot of the high levels in the big factions are heavy cash shoppers anyway. Look at some of Nef barbs and archers, check out Reg's 8jun Wizard. To say that their TW salary allows them to defeat all competition is ridiculous. Especially, especially given how much coin has depreciated. If they are rich and well-geared, it cannot be solely because of their TW salary, that's all i got to say.

Another thing:
    Most people in the large TW factions are already high level. There is really no significant difference between being level 100 and being level 105. Unless they release some new content, all you have are some stat points to distribute, not even new gear to play with that's any different from level 100. If anything, hyper exp helps the rest of the server to catch up in levels. (which pisses a lot of the high levels off)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Guys, Cut the flame war ****, it's over something trivial and YES I've been reading it.
  • Falcus - Heavens Tear
    Falcus - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    tons of people rage quit when the anni packs came out.. now hyperExp, and the "anni packs on crack" (coral), I understand rewarding people for putting $ into the game, but making it so someone with money can get to level 90 in an extremely short period of time, while others who don't have the $ to spend are stuck taking 9 months to accomplish the same task, is taking things to extremes..

I mean on sanctuary, nef owns almost all the territories, therefore they have tons of in-game coin.. they purchase gold and have their whole faction at 105 by the time this event is over.. I thought there used to be a limit to how many territories could be owned by a single faction.

don't get me wrong, I've put money in myself, a decent amount (not exorbitant, but in the $300-400 range over the past year or so).. so I'm not saying it's bad to reward people for spending coin, but 24x exp? and when the 2x is over, 18x? (supposedly the hyper stacks with training scrolls).. and then allowing 1 "superpower" to control the whole map, it makes us "lowly players" a bit intimidated because even if I spent $1000 on the game each week, that wouldn't even get me close to the amount of gold nef could buy on a weekly basis.

Also, on a side note.. what's the point of having an "official announcements" category/forum if there hasn't been a single "official announcement" posted in it in the year and 1/2 that I've been playing?

To the OP's question read this and know that the new baby gets the milk. I have seen it happen so many times, Pub's get a new game and the old game slowly dies from lack of customer support and or content.

http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/General/news/Project-Empire-renamed-to-Forsaken-World-on-PWI-Weblog
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Heck, we have barbarians in barbarian training and clerics in cleric training because we're trying to teach these (surprisingly willing) players how to effectively play their class with the necessities.
    I'd love to see how you guys are trying to train the hybrid classes
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    you're missing the point.. the point isn't to shut down the f2p it's to not give the "rich" f2p players the same exp enhanced advantages as the p2p players, if p2p players want to sell their gold for coin, great, however, if they want to use it to level, they are the only ones who should have that option

Fortunately, I'm pretty certain you're the only one who has this opinion.

And you're entitled to your opinon, so I wont argue. That's all.
  • Avalon - Raging Tide
    Avalon - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think before we need to continue in this discussion, some facts need to be laid straight:

People who are in the large TW factions do not, in fact, have oodles of coin to play with. In fact, coin value has depreciated so much that they need to spend more and more of their TW salary into buying charms and apoc meds. if you've never TWed you wouldn't know about these expenses, seriously. Try playing a barb through a TW, (I haven't but i've heard barbs ***** during) try doing this multiple times a week, and tell me that your TW salary makes you rich. A lot of the high levels in the big factions are heavy cash shoppers anyway. Look at some of Nef barbs and archers, check out Reg's 8jun Wizard.

Another thing:
    Most people in the large TW factions are already high level. There is really no significant difference between being level 100 and being level 105. Unless they release some new content, all you have are some stat points to distribute, not even new gear to play with that's any different from level 100. If anything, hyper exp helps the rest of the server to catch up in levels. (which pisses a lot of the high levels off)

This is very true. TW pay looks nice on paper, but really, if you look at the charm costs and repair costs incurred from fighting it, many people actually are sustaining a cost > benefit scenario financially. For the DD classes and clerics, they might not have it as bad, but I feel bad for the barbs in TW... they pay to have people beat the hell out of them b:sad. Id say one silver - gold charm per person in TW unless your a barb, then its probably about 3-7 gold charms per TW (assuming TW is 3 hours)
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Guys, Cut the flame war ****, it's over something trivial and YES I've been reading it.
    he seemed so focused on someone lol'ing at his mistake, that he completely disregards everything else someone put down lol. its actually kind of funny.

on original topic, i had a conversation with my aunt the other day, about how she was complaining that college felt like a wasted experience. she works her butt off for 4 years, and a couple more at her job's position. she finally gets a promotion, and should be happy about the new raise right?

nope, she's pissed her friends who didnt go to college are now making way more cash than her because they knew someone, or had a better oppurtunities find their way to them.

yeah its not fair, but life is hard, get a helmet.

college can = your level or your gears. you should NOT let the fact that someone is more well off than you make you feel upset. you should feel pride that you earned your way to where you are now. look at me, i lost EVERYTHING, and started from scratch a few months ago... now im almost a demon again, and still happy i can play with a set of decent gear.

complaining isnt going to get us anywhere, so lets just deal with it, and enjoy our game.
    Fortunately, I'm pretty certain you're the only one who has this opinion.

And you're entitled to your opinon, so I wont argue. That's all.
    i've had past arguments with him before, his opinions are kind of eccentric, and VERY hard to budge, even with all the facts of your side being fairly legit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • AngelFire - Heavens Tear
    AngelFire - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    To the other poster it is true if you look at Jade and compare to pw almost 2 years old now the newer game jade has implemented pets for all every class and race for both genders better mounts better flying mounts better fashion and better graphics I don't agree with building a game around a botting system
    but its there sure jade has its faults as does every game but it sure looks like they took the ideas to improve pw and built a whole entirely new game one example all mounts land and flying can fight and support you in combat the evidence is there that money was spent form pw for jade just look for yourself
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    To the OP's question read this and know that the new baby gets the milk. I have seen it happen so many times, Pub's get a new game and the old game slowly dies from lack of customer support and or content.

http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/General/news/Project-Empire-renamed-to-Forsaken-World-on-PWI-Weblog

thax for the update time to make the switch soon from pwi to this game
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    you sir, have a good head on you. ive put him on forum black list, cant read if he puts some other kind of 'bring it on, you failure' post, quite frankly, you've summed up the entire situation quite well.

i especially liked this part,

Your failure is in being unable to accept that you made a fool of yourself in the first place. You got your feelings hurt and so decided to try and attack me because you screwed up and embarrassed yourself.

The red highlights a bit of **** for tat waffle. Capitalization and Punctuation errors. Much like you pointed out with me. Pot, meet kettle.

Have a nice day. Cupcake.

~Saitada
  • rexberry
    rexberry Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ahh so I missed a letter in through, and forgot to type a ' in what's. Again is that all you can say? Are you perfect? Have you ever typed something so fast you missed a letter? Hell, I've typed stuff so fast I've missed entire words because my mind is already ahead of my fingers.

If the best you can do to refute what I say is attack my spelling and punctuation then you really have nothing worth attacking. You can't refute my arguments so you resort to attacking one or two words misspelled or not punctuated as a basis to discount what I have said.

When you can actually refute what I have said, then I suggest you do so. Until then, you have failed to do anything but show people that you have nothing that will refute what I have said and so must resort to other means to discount me.

~Saitada

You need to re-read my post.
    It's quite simple, really.
    My main intentions are not to attack your spelling, grammar, and punctuation. I also could care less about your position on this topic, because everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
    What I'm REFUTING is your impudence and discourtesy.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    My main intentions are not to attack your spelling, grammar, and punctuation. I also could care less about your position on this topic, because everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
    is he still going on O_o;? sad...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Maybz they still celebrating the new decade?
  • Zikai - Heavens Tear
    Zikai - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'd love to see how you guys are trying to train the hybrid classes

That's not our point. If you want to run a hybrid class, then it's usually up to you to develop the appropriate build and skills necessary for the hybrid to function. There is not a clean cut way to develop a character and just toss them off the assembly line and assume they can perform their duties effectively (but there is the stereotypes nonetheless).

By the training, I'm referring to if, say, a lv15 barb asks what he should do to become a great tanking barb, then we help him out along the way until he's, say, lv80 with over 15k hp and he knows HOW to use his skills and WHEN to use WHICH skills given in any situation to hold aggro and keep aggro from any other squad member.

That is our main point, not teaching players how to play their build, but to teach them how to play necessary builds if desired.

Honestly, how hard is it to build a full mage venomancer? That's the one I rolled the first time and she's pretty functional for her purpose. Now I've rolled a cleric as my second character. She only has two attacks, but she's functional for her purpose - healing, buffing, ressing, and keeping teammembers alive.

That is what we teach if so desired. Otherwise, the players are free to build whatever they wish.

Edit: And for the record, I'd rather you just send me a private message of that question. It is completely off-topic. Of course, I could've done the same before posting this response, but I simply didn't think of it until just now, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Who heals the healer?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options

I speak my mind. I say what I think. How others feel about that is their problem. I am not, nor have I ever been politically correct. I don't believe in sugar coating anything. People are so worried about hurting some poor souls emotions, that they bend over backward to cater to idiocy. You may not like my bluntness. You may perceive it as being rude and nasty. In some cases you would be 100% correct. I don't believe in being nice to people I consider to be idiots.

~Saitada
  • Llolololoolp - Heavens Tear
    Llolololoolp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't believe in being nice to people I consider to be idiots.
    I wonder what he tells himself when he looks in the mirror then... :)
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I wonder what he tells himself when he looks in the mirror then... :)

Nice try. But I know the current limits of my own intelligence and abilities. Do you know your own?

~Saitada
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    That's not our point. If you want to run a hybrid class, then it's usually up to you to develop the appropriate build and skills necessary for the hybrid to function.

Edit: And for the record, I'd rather you just send me a private message of that question. It is completely off-topic. Of course, I could've done the same before posting this response, but I simply didn't think of it until just now, lol.
    I was refering to psychic and assassin by the way..

eh, better conversation than reading the flame war in this thread
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Nice try. But I know the current limits of my own intelligence and abilities. Do you know your own?

~Saitada
    Bro, nothing but respect for ya, but just stop. You're not going to win and it's got nothing to do with the issue at hand
  • VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver
    VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I don't believe in being nice to people I consider to be idiots.

~Saitada
    If the rest of us lived by that we'd be using a lot of expletives any time we spoke to you. b:chuckle
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If people want to waste money in the game then go ahead. I mainly just think the people that do spend hundreds of dollars are trying to boast themselves for no reason then to "win" the game then have to just reroll another character & start the process again after they get bored. Just enjoy the game as it goes along and if people want to waste their lives and money on just trying to advance some numbers on imaginary characters then whatever, don't let it effect you. If it does bug you then quit the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I dare them. In fact, I dare PWI to remove the AH altogether and make cs items untradable so that F2P players benefit in no way whatsoever from the cash shop. Then I'll sit back and watch the game quietly die off.

You *dare* them to make changes that would hurt their sales?
    Isnt that a bit silly?
    I could *dare* you to quit your well paying job. Doing so wouldnt make you brave, just stupid.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This discussion is quickly devolving into a flame war and will be locked.

Before it is, let me address some of the discussion in this thread.

First and foremost, we are obviously not trying to "kill" PWI. The introduction of the Hyper EXP function is restricted to a once per day use, and is primarily intended for casual players.

A casual player doesn't have as much time as a hardcore player, and do not experience many features in PWI as a result.

So this is where someone chimes in and says "So now a casual player who plays one hour per day can earn everything that I can because they invest in Hyper EXP!"

This is definitely not the case. Everyone here knows that the monetary or coin rewards you get from grinding for three hours is substantially greater than grinding for one.

We realize that a lot of you guys are upset over this new feature, and we're very sensitive to your feedback. If someone wishes to continue this discussion, I would urge that you do so in the Cash Shop discussion forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.