Is PW intentionally trying to kill PWI?

Comments

• Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    if you don't like it. I suggest you take yourselves lock stock and barrel to another game

The trouble with the "If you dont like it leave" solution is thats what usually happens and you end up like Everquest is now. The Everquest forums were full of posts like yours in '93.

You post assumes that the number of people leaving will never be enough to hurt the game, which is pretty overconfident given past history with MMO's.
    EQ catered to the belief that they needed to be more like that blizzard game and eventually killed the game
    I think EQ killed itself about the time of OOW expansion, or perhaps one earlier, which was just before WOW came out. I believe the dumbing down of the game has if anything extended the life it would have had otherwise, if it had continued along the path it was treading in 93.
    Given WOW's success, it's a rather odd argument that becoming more like wow is going to lose your playerbase. I think its pretty widely accepted now that MMO's are going to sink or swim according to how they treat their casual players, since casual players form the overall bulk of your playerbase.

Not to say that there isnt room for an MMO which is tough and slow, but i think such a developer might have trouble getting investment capital.
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i love reading this post best chat ever
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want
  • Kazamatt - Dreamweaver
    Kazamatt - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I disagree with this. Everybody that logs on to the game costs PWI money. They only make money when people buy zen. Anybody that doesn't buy zen isn't an asset to PWI, or the game, I don't care what level you are or how long you've been here or what faction you're in, or anything like that. You're a drain on server resources, and you're lucky the in-game economy is such that you can provide a service to people who do buy zen by farming or merchanting and thereby justify your existence somewhat to those who are paying for the game to be up. If PWI wants to put more stuff in the cash shop to encourage people to buy zen, then not only is that their right, but those who don't buy zen should be grateful PWI is making money so they can pay for their freeloading butts.

Cash shop games like this are great because they let you try the game out and decide what level of investment you want to make in the game in terms of time/money. But if you play everyday for an hour or more and have for more than a couple of months, and you don't occasionally buy zen, you are a despicable freeloading leech of a human being.
    Since that's the matter of opinion, I won't try to convince you. But there is other thing worth mentioning: balance. It's obvious that cash player should have little advantage. But when it comes too far, whole system is ruined. Now: on one hand you have players who bought their way on top and will get bored eventually, on the other frustrated players, who'll leave the game. You can say that non paying part of community is insignificant in the eyes of big company, but they still need them. If they need non paying part of comunity, they're not leeches. When there is nothing to get, and nothing to achieve, all you can do, is help other or quit. And if the playerbase will shrink, guess what they'll do?

Maybe I'm wrong, but when you see two more upcoming games from PWE, you have to start thinking about possibility, that they've decided to abandon this project and don't care to much, only milk playerbase as much as possible. I just like PWI, and I don't want to be forced to leave it soon.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You post assumes that the number of people leaving will never be enough to hurt the game, which is pretty overconfident given past history with MMO's.
    then PWE should take notice of the opinions of the players and change their policies and ideas of what "A Perfect World" is
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Once again, posts and threads made during maint amuse me. Please, everyone, continue with your incessant racket...
    b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The idea that PWE would intentionally try to "kill" its own game is pretty ridiculous, but I'm willing to keep this thread up for people to discuss what they like or don't like about what we do.

Let's just move away from the name-calling and aggression, all right?
  • Avalon - Raging Tide
    Avalon - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I disagree with this. Everybody that logs on to the game costs PWI money. They only make money when people buy zen. Anybody that doesn't buy zen isn't an asset to PWI, or the game, I don't care what level you are or how long you've been here or what faction you're in, or anything like that. You're a drain on server resources, and you're lucky the in-game economy is such that you can provide a service to people who do buy zen by farming or merchanting and thereby justify your existence somewhat to those who are paying for the game to be up. If PWI wants to put more stuff in the cash shop to encourage people to buy zen, then not only is that their right, but those who don't buy zen should be grateful PWI is making money so they can pay for their freeloading butts.

Cash shop games like this are great because they let you try the game out and decide what level of investment you want to make in the game in terms of time/money. But if you play everyday for an hour or more and have for more than a couple of months, and you don't occasionally buy zen, you are a despicable freeloading leech of a human being.

And you are what is called a troll. Insults to people just don't make you look that good in my opinion.

Moving on to the actual topic, I've basically had to resign myself to accept that it is now a pay to win game. Its not the level buying that bothers me really, if people want to spend 380 dollars to level some pixels from 30-80 then that is their choice. What bothers me, is that this game is indeed having the life choked out of it by all this. I played Sanctuary basically from the get go, I played Harshlands when it started, left when all the cash shop stuff started up, and now I'm playing Raging Tide (Came back for tideborns, wanted a fresh start without oracles... we saw how well that worked...). Every time I log in, I see less and less people, my friends list has tons on it, but some of those names never light up anymore. I think it hurts new players coming into the game too, people run bhs all day so they can't help the new people out, and then when bhs are done, people now will go into FC and hyper exp for an hour or so, and then basically either go live in TT or go lag West Archosaur some more in catshop form.

The other thing that bugs me is the lucky packs... why nirvana mats? That instance was added a month ago... ok, a month and a half ago, I digress, it's basically brand new. I doubt people are gonna bother farming it now... which means less to look forward to endgame for many people.

Here's what I don't get. When you level like that, what do you truly have in the end to say for it? You have no funny boss stories to look back upon and smile about, you have no one on your friends list, and you get to the end of a game that has no endgame content. If you play a PvE server, what is there anymore for you? You spend all that money... but what does it get you? On a PvP server, you can join in the PvP action, I admit, that is incentive for many but still, you miss out on the lowbie level pk tensions and fun.

*The above is a giant wall of text.
  • callias
    callias Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    you're an ignorant moron. has it occurred to you that the gold people sell has to come from somewhere? oh right someone had to charge zen for that. creating such a demand for in-game gold contributes to the business. if i buy charms, mounts, and dragon orbs with in-game coin the company gets money. now STFU and sell more gold noob.

you must be really really really stupid.
    the company gets the money yes, but some of the money goes to the server, to be able to have them up for us and the rest of it probably goes in to their pocket.
    Either way, they have to make money to keep this game up and make money for them selfs since this game is their job
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    so cash shoppers should have more of an advantage than they ALREADY do? Thanks for making that clear, now I have a reason not to like you.

no, I'm talking REAL cash shoppers, not people who buy gold using in-game.. I believe that people that are spending money and therefore keeping the game running should be rewarded, I mean think about it, without them, there would be no game, period.

on a side note, the fact that you don't like me because I think people who spend money to help keep this game alive should be rewarded is honestly irrelevant to me.. I didn't write this thread to necessarily be liked, because I know that there are tons of people on these forums who don't understand mellifluous behavior, it was to see how many people believed that all this "power leveling" stuff was making the game unfair to the ones who have been playing it for a long period of time and didn't have those advantages when we were lower levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
    edited February 2010
    The idea that PWE would intentionally try to "kill" its own game is pretty ridiculous, but I'm willing to keep this thread up for people to discuss what they like or don't like about what we do.

thank you frankie, I've been trying to stop the flame war since the beginning.. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • AngelFire - Heavens Tear
    AngelFire - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Saitaida first off i have come and read the forums in the past few months,
    and I have to agree with several others, You are an arrogant self centered egotistical flamer, troll and you think this entire game and the forums revolves around you. I particularly don't care how many thousands of real dollars you have spent on this game or how intelligent you truly think you are, the basic fact is this is a free to play MMO and its about the community of players who play the game for fun and entertainment not who can get to endgame each new update. You may think that you and the few hundred other paying players are keeping this game going and the company in business but your sadly mistaken, this game is already complete has been for 4 almost 5 years in Asia.
    The developers send the coding over to this an American translation company or subsidiary if you will who do nothing more than instruct the program to activate the translated code. The majority of us are correct here, in stating that the company is not listening to our concerns we all love this game and would not be here playing if we didn't lord knows there are 100s if not thousands of free to play games in the world market with new ones everyday. The fact that this company has two free to play games and two more in development as well as one paid fully published game is evidence that they are in no financial strain, but the real fact remains that this is a free to play mmo it was advertised and fully promoted as such, and the majority of players would like the bugs fixed and the sales to be stifled as in this country and many others in the world the economy is shot, and for many Americans looking for a job daily with no success or working in a dead end job this game provides stress free source of entertainment so they don't go out and rob a bank or kill someone to pay the bills or perhaps sell themselves into slavery all real occurrences trust me. we have just as uch right and reason to be here and play for free the difference is that were here for the sole entertainment and enjoyment of socializing with others dealing with the same problems in life. I am happy that you were fortunate to have avoided what most of the country faces, but please don't forget all that wealth and power and material possessions could be taken from you in an instant and no one would even care show some compassion or least appear to to all the players who don't even have credit cards or the extra 10 dollars to buy a zen card and think for just a minute how you would respond to your own comments it you were just like the rest of us.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The trouble with the "If you dont like it leave" solution is thats what usually happens and you end up like Everquest is now. The Everquest forums were full of posts like yours in '93.

Not really Foxx. All MMO's die. I still abide by the 'if you don't like it leave' ideal. I can't really put it in words tbh. I just think that when people are unhappy with something, they should show that by leaving. THAT makes a bigger impression than constant QQ about it.

Another game I used to play banned me for questioning a forum mod. I basically stated I thought they were out of control and locking/deleting threads that were perfectly viable and in the correct section and shouldn't have been locked. None of these threads were by me, or posted in by me btw. I wasn't rude or nasty in my statement either. I actually got banned from their forums for doing that. I shut down my 4 game accounts and left the game.

Leaving makes a bigger impression than staying and whining about whatever people don't like. In a f2p game the leeches that leave don't really make any impression, but the paying customers that leave do.

~Saitada
  • KimiMai - Sanctuary
    KimiMai - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Thank you, Frankie, although amusing for a brief time, the flame war was becoming annoying at best. It's good to see that you do not shut things down when people try to discuss things that they like or dislike.
    Bored now....
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    When you have a clue Waffle... You might be able to contend with me. But because you don't, the only thing you will succeed in doing is embarrassing yourself further.
    one of these player's has a gold mine within their sig:
    Dont argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

so, before i allow you to do the above, i wont even dignify your irrelevant bs with a response and leave you with this little gem.

dont give yourself so much credit, you were never a player to begin with. the only thing that would embarass me more would be to continue arguing with someone below my intelligence level.

if you really get your lulgasms off telling off and insulting other players, be my guest, you wont be missed when you're kicked to the curb. go around feeling like you win, we all know thats how you justify your miserable existance, thriving off the brown nosing of the little sheep who put their '+1' under you. if the same people whom you insult, think you're hilarious, that speaks volumes of how bad this community has devolved.

in the immortal words of someone who actually can put me in my place without insulting me, redmenace:

'Have fun foaming at the mouth!'

:).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Tabitan - Raging Tide
    Tabitan - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    actually, you're not thinking the whole thing through.. it's true that the G being sold came from someone purchasing zen, but, I don't think the ones using in-game coin should get the same rewards as someone charging zen.. i.e. enhanced exp items should only be available to people that are spending zen they themselves charged, as opposed to being available to someone who opened a coral and got a frostcovered sign of force and was able to sell it for 30M in-game let them use that in-game coin to purchase G which allows them to buy angels, or clothing, or even mats, but not enhanced EXP items... that's my point

Ahh, I really get what you're saying. ^^ Some people have to use real money to buy the Hyper Exp because they dont have enough in-game coin where as all the other people who are considered rich in the game, just have to use in-game coin to buy the gold for the Hyper Exp. That's really a shame. =( Kind of unfair, even.

If that was the case, all you'd have to do is join a TW faction, get some portion of money from the wars and buy your own Hyper EXP with the newly acquired in-game coin that can the be exchanged for gold. I think, as well, that Hyper Exp stones should only be accessible through paying real money for it.
  • Foxx - Heavens Tear
    Foxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    that what happend to hellgate london not enough ppl paid to play game and it went under, if recall correctly. I miss hellgate london b:cry i was there for it last moments before dissapear as a online game

Yet even the hellgate london forums were full of people using the "If you dont like it leave argument". Sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for.
  • Varscona - Sanctuary
    Varscona - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    callias wrote: »
    you must be really really really stupid.
    the company gets the money yes, but some of the money goes to the server, to be able to have them up for us and the rest of it probably goes in to their pocket.
    Either way, they have to make money to keep this game up and make money for them selfs since this game is their job

L2READ way to miss the point. durrrrr
    edited February 2010
    Ahh, I really get what you're saying. ^^ Some people have to use real money to buy the Hyper Exp because they dont have enough in-game coin where as all the other people who are considered rich in the game, just have to use in-game coin to buy the gold for the Hyper Exp. That's really a shame. =( Kind of unfair, even.

If that was the case, all you'd have to do is join a TW faction, get some portion of money from the wars and buy your own Hyper EXP with the newly acquired in-game coin that can the be exchanged for gold. I think, as well, that Hyper Exp stones should only be accessible through paying real money for it.

EXACTLY!!! Yeah! someone else finally gets it! b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    actually, you're not thinking the whole thing through.. it's true that the G being sold came from someone purchasing zen, but, I don't think the ones using in-game coin should get the same rewards as someone charging zen.. i.e. enhanced exp items should only be available to people that are spending zen they themselves charged, as opposed to being available to someone who opened a coral and got a frostcovered sign of force and was able to sell it for 30M in-game let them use that in-game coin to purchase G which allows them to buy angels, or clothing, or even mats, but not enhanced EXP items... that's my point

Uh....what? So in other words take the last tiny hint of F2P thats left in PWI and crush it?

I dare them. In fact, I dare PWI to remove the AH altogether and make cs items untradable so that F2P players benefit in no way whatsoever from the cash shop. Then I'll sit back and watch the game quietly die off.

PWI make a massive profit off the AH. It's the main incentive for nearly anyone charging zen. Easy way to turn your real like cash into in-game coin. With that option removed zen sales would literally plummet.
  • Kenichiiii - Sanctuary
    Kenichiiii - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It's a business. Most all games start off as being more "fair" to the non-cash user. Eventually, they add things that are "better" and that bring in millions more in profit. It doesn't kill the game, but it changes it for older players.

In the end, the company ends up with millions more in profit and many new players. Things like anni packs are added because it is beneficial to the company and as long as it's done properly, not damaging. Not to mention, it's necessary for the company and the game itself to keep moving forward.

PW does a very good job at getting you to level up fast, for their benefit but still-- you shouldn't be complaining as it's free.

Quit complaining about others having more than you, here's a tip: someone out there will always have more then you.

PW is by far still a very fair game to play. They let you buy gold wwith coins, you get a free shop, and they level you fast.

To everyone who is still whinning: sorry you can't have it all for free. Go play another game and realize everything PW gives you for free.

I played MapleStory since beta and it was great for free, they hardly even had a cash shop. I wouldn' even compare MS now to what it was back then. It's hardly even the same game, but if you were to look at the profits and accounts, they're going to be much higher. How many friends from beta still play out of the hundreds? One. It's cycles of players that bring profits.

Anyway srrry for my rambling, rlly nothing else to do at this hour
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    no, I'm talking REAL cash shoppers, not people who buy gold using in-game.. I believe that people that are spending money and therefore keeping the game running should be rewarded, I mean think about it, without them, there would be no game, period.

They are rewarded, it's called a CASH SHOP. they choose to sell their gold then we should be able to use that gold WE buy for anything THEY can. it's as simple as that.

I can spend $10 sell for 4million coins re-buy gold at a cheaper rate and load up on anything I want. or I can save up 4million coins, buy 10 gold and resell it higher, make a profit and buy gold when the price drops. either way, I'm contributing to the market, I deserve to be able to spend the gold I acquire in any way I see fit.
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Yet even the hellgate london forums were full of people using the "If you dont like it leave argument". Sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for.

i miss hellgate london was a great game rip in my lvl35engineer (give him a 10 gun salute finally)
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want
    edited February 2010
    Uh....what? So in other words take the last tiny hint of F2P thats left in PWI and crush it?

I dare them. In fact, I dare PWI to remove the AH altogether and make cs items untradable so that F2P players benefit in no way whatsoever from the cash shop. Then I'll sit back and watch the game quietly die off.

PWI make a massive profit off the AH. It's the main incentive for nearly anyone charging zen. Easy way to turn your real like cash into in-game coin. With that option removed zen sales would literally plummet.

you're missing the point.. the point isn't to shut down the f2p it's to not give the "rich" f2p players the same exp enhanced advantages as the p2p players, if p2p players want to sell their gold for coin, great, however, if they want to use it to level, they are the only ones who should have that option
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rexberry
    rexberry Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    What point? Lets see. The point where I said I fraps my game play, and then go though it and delete whats not needed for keeping and save the rest on my backup drives?
    Now... as for being self indulgent... Why yes, I am. I have worked hard in my life, I personally think I deserve to indulge in whatever I want to. I don't see a problem with that.
    The issue you have with me is I don't tolerate stupid people very well. Thus I don't tolerate you very well. And that hurts your 'wittle fewins' and makes you cry.
    When you have a clue Waffle... You might be able to contend with me. But because you don't, the only thing you will succeed in doing is embarrassing yourself further.
    ~Saitada

This alone shows how wrong you are in your ways. At the very least, you're being incredibly disrespectful by calling Waffle stupid.

Contend with you? Your defeat is in in our not stooping to your level.
    A person having an issue with contractions, isn't stupid. They have an issue with a couple words in the English language. Or will you say Albert Einstein was stupid because he was unable to tie his shoes?

Yeah that's what I thought.

~Saitada

First of all, I never said you were stupid. You seem to be obsessed with that word. Nor did I say that I get everything right 100% of the time. The only problem I have with you is your disrespect and disregard for others' feelings. Yes, feelings. I've worked hard too, very damn hard to get into a prestigious university - but I'm still humble and respect others, no matter what level of intelligence they posses.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    one of these player's has a gold mine within their sig:

so, before i allow you to do the above, i wont even dignify your irrelevant bs with a response and leave you with this little gem.

dont give yourself so much credit, you were never a player to begin with. the only thing that would embarass me more would be to continue arguing with someone below my intelligence level.

if you really get your lulgasms off telling off and insulting other players, be my guest, you wont be missed when you're kicked to the curb. go around feeling like you win, we all know thats how you justify your miserable existance, thriving off the brown nosing of the little sheep who put their '+1' under you. if the same people whom you insult, think you're hilarious, that speaks volumes of how bad this community has devolved.

in the immortal words of someone who actually can put me in my place without insulting me, redmenace:

'Have fun foaming at the mouth!'

:).

If the best you can do is attack my misuse of the contraction your instead of you're. *shakes head* I notice you didn't comment about what I wrote about you trying to say I said something that I didn't and how wrong you were from the get go on it.

Seriously Waffle... you need to stop while you're behind, the only thing you are doing is embarrassing yourself. b:laugh

~Saitada
  • Thrasymachus - Sanctuary
    Thrasymachus - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Depending on server prices, 100 million coin will probably buy at least 200 gold. Almost certainly not more than 800 gold (variance of 200k-500k for gold prices). And that 100 million has to be divided by the faction members, so it's not like everybody in the faction gets 100 million coins. And gold doesn't appear out of thin air just because you go the auction house and have a bunch of coins. Someone has to buy it first, and be willing to sell it. Coins don't matter since they're constantly injected into the game with random drops. Only gold matters, because that's what gets cash shop items into the game, and how much gold exists, and thus how much cash shop stuff ends up in game is entirely in the player's hands because gold is only made by buying zen.

Players buying gold is how all those tokens got into the game letting themselves and others get all that OP gear, it's how oracles and hp/mp charms and mounts and advanced flying gear get into the game, and it's how these new hyper exp stones will get into the game. Without a lot of these packs and events, a lot of gear that now exists wouldn't, and couldn't be realistically farmed, a lot of characters wouldn't be as highly leveled as they are, a lot of materials wouldn't be worth as much. While you can argue about whether what's offered in the cash shop is good or bad, you can't argue that more gold in the economy provides a balancing effect between those who can afford to spend a lot of money to buy zen and those who have a more limited allowance for entertainment.

Everybody benefits from more gold being injected into the game economy, PWI benefits from greater zen sales, and players benefit from cheaper in-game gold prices and cheaper cash shop items. Players who don't buy zen, those who think they're 'clever' because they found a way to farm or merchant all their in-game expenses, are the reason gold prices are so high. All they do is generate coins and mats and suck up gold. They are a drain not only on PWI's server resources, but are also an inflationary drag on the in-game economy. I've advocated in the past for a gold sale to help counter these inflationary effects, but the real solution would be for every player who plays every day and has for the past two months to drop $20 every month or so and buy zen.

You people who think that playing a game entitles you to keep playing at other's expense are deluded.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    The idea that PWE would intentionally try to "kill" its own game is pretty ridiculous *snip*
    Wouldn't be the first I've seen. but look how many games are being added, PWI is being all but ignored. There's no bug fixes, just more sales to soak out what can be before sending people to the next game in line.

Do you not see this side of things that many of us do?
  • angelcrisis
    angelcrisis Posts: 0
    edited February 2010
    I don't really agree too. Yes, having such events can sometime spoil the game when some players get so strong that they gets all the drops and loots from bosses. But then, here, we enter our own instances with no worries abt loots been stolen by other much stronger players. I've not pump in any cash into this game yet but still get to enjoy it pretty well.

For example, in TT, u gather 4 or more of ur best friends, gather the mats required and then u'r off to some very decent equipment. If u need more coins, do the same, gather friends, sell the mats off and earn urself some good coins. Again, even there are tons of strong players out there going after TW, u can choose not to go into that. If u do decide to venture that area, then u have to be up for the challenge.

If you have the cash to burn, by all means, burn it ^.^ get urself to high level within weeks. If u don't have the cash, like me, just enjoy this free game and have fun ^.^

Be thankful, my friend. There's some games out there that only allow u to level to maybe 70 and u will have to buy their cash item in order to proceed. PWI is already way better in that sense.
    edited February 2010
    They are rewarded, it's called a CASH SHOP. they choose to sell their gold then we should be able to use that gold WE buy for anything THEY can. it's as simple as that.

I can spend $10 sell for 4million coins re-buy gold at a cheaper rate and load up on anything I want. or I can save up 4million coins, buy 10 gold and resell it higher, make a profit and buy gold when the price drops. either way, I'm contributing to the market, I deserve to be able to spend the gold I acquire in any way I see fit.

ok, you spent $10 in the CS and sold it.. now, what about the lvl 90 person in a TW faction that hasn't spent any $ at all period, not a single penny, but because they own 20 territories, they get 200,000,000 coin per week and with that coin, they are able to purchase 500G (at 400k/G) and buy a bunch of the hyperExp stuff for their faction, so that come the next TW, all of their faction is now lvl 105 and they can just take over all of the map in 1 weekend..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    rexberry wrote: »
    This alone shows how wrong you are in your ways. At the very least, you're being incredibly disrespectful by calling Waffle stupid.

First of all, I never said you were stupid. You seem to be obsessed with that word. Nor did I say that I get everything right 100% of the time. The only problem I have with you is your disrespect and disregard for others' feelings. Yes, feelings. I've worked hard too, very damn hard to get into a prestigious university - but I'm still humble and respect others, no matter what level of intelligence they posses.
    you sir, have a good head on you. ive put him on forum black list, cant read if he puts some other kind of 'bring it on, you failure' post, quite frankly, you've summed up the entire situation quite well.

i especially liked this part,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
This discussion has been closed.