Is PW intentionally trying to kill PWI?

Comments

• Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    if wamei intention is to kill pwi i will be sadden but glad can play pw
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    A Year an ahalf later it turns up Empty like Everquest in it's old days that acted like PWI does now. Then you go WTF happened!?

Like you suggested, people moved on.

I agree with original poster and I also agree with Saitada about moving on even though I myself have put a lot of things and money into this game.

The coral thing is a bit over the top even for me I was surprised

EQ catered to the belief that they needed to be more like that blizzard game and eventually killed the game. They catered to the people that wanted it easier, faster, softer. Yes I agree with you there, that killed the game. but they had 8-9 years of a good run. I personally wish they had not opened quite so many zones with their expansions, and had kept things like hell levels etc.

~S
  • Failureeee - Lost City
    Failureeee - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I failed that post.

too lazy to make a new one.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Actually Waffle. It has been my way since day one. You are just pissy because you tried to 'prove' something negative about me, and it failed miserably because nothing you said, contradicted anything I said, but in fact backed it up.
    what point? the one that you're a narcissistic, self indulgent **** who believes hes a god among insects? why dont you take your cupcake and shove it where the sun dont shine, im sure you'd enjoy it. you have no right to post here, when all you do is sit and belittle and berate people with mindless garbage and spam. get over yourself, and consider yourself lucky your butt hasnt already been kicked out the door.

and just watch, hes going to post some snide remark thinking hes so bad; im quivering in my high tops, really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Lol you know I'm glad there are people out there that think the same way I do about this.
    Whenever I bring this subject up IG, I get flamed by the entire squad.
    Many can't think past "2X EXP, MMM! this is GUUD b:dirty" to see the detrimental effects of:
    Tons of 2x exp events (now the FB one is coming)
    Crazy Stones
    3 Bounty Hunters a day
    World Quest
    Marriage Quest
    Public Quest
    Oracles in Boutique
    Hyper EXP

And wow, coral packs? =sigh=
    Even with the polls showing that the vast majority of people who voted resent the anniversary packs, they come up with a way to re-introduce them yet again. It's like they think we wont notice that they stuffed tokens into the coral to remove the annipack stigma. I'm pretty sure most people have figured it out by nowb:worried.
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Get a part time job and work weekend nights :) then you can have an excuse to not go. b:victory

and you can say...Well i didn't go to TW so thats why you won!

lol.. I'm not talking about me.. I'm in a faction that has no desire to TW, which is perfect for me.. call me a carebear, call me what you want, but I can't see how killing a player in game and taking the items that they've either paid $ for or worked hard in game for is fun.. helping people enjoy their time, helping them get that equipment, etc.. that to me (and the rest of us in fusion) is what makes the game fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
    edited February 2010
    what point? the one that you're a narcissistic, self indulgent **** who believes hes a god among insects? why dont you take your cupcake and shove it where the sun dont shine, im sure you'd enjoy it. you have no right to post here, when all you do is sit and belittle and berate people with mindless garbage and spam. get over yourself, and consider yourself lucky your butt hasnt already been kicked out the door.

and just watch, hes going to post some snide remark thinking hes so bad; im quivering in my high tops, really.

the point is that your personal flame war with Saidata has nothing to do with the original reason for this thread.. if you want to flame him/her fine, but please, do it in "another room" not here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited February 2010

+1

honestly Sat you really do flame, troll and act like 1) you are 100% right and 2) you're the most amazing person on the face of the earth

get over yourself "Cupcake"
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    i hope they incr the lvl cap lvl soon would have thought someone would have been close to current cap lvl by now. Though it just a game if we could this in rl it would be cool
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

• Centaura - Dreamweaver
    Centaura - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I may think lvl cap will be raised in the not too distant future, since they implement this b:shutup

I agree with this its the only logical thing i can see from this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Assassin- Cold, Tough, Relentless, Brave, has a Disturbing Mix of Innocence and Violence.

-Proud Member of Vanquish
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    just because someone doesn't agree with something or complains a bit about the game play, that means they should play something from sesame street? and that's not insulting?
    If I told you to go jump off a bridge, would you do it?

and maybe you need to do some more searching. start with "Xeian - Dreamweaver" and work your way down. my views on the gameplay are well known, Sai has never insulted me for them, but there are indeed times where he gets very.. blunt
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
    edited February 2010
    i hope they incr the lvl cap lvl soon would have thought someone would have been close to current cap lvl by now. Though it just a game if we could this in rl it would be cool

join the military, you can do it in real life b:chuckle the only difference is you don't get hp and exp bars :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    If I told you to go jump off a bridge, would you do it?

it's not a matter of would I do it.. it's a matter of is the statement telling me to do so insulting or not
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    but then if they are going to increase level cap they would come out with new gear and new instances almost sounds like another expansion or mini expansion just around the corner....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Assassin- Cold, Tough, Relentless, Brave, has a Disturbing Mix of Innocence and Violence.

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    it's not a matter of would I do it.. it's a matter of is the statement telling me to do so insulting or not
    generally, it's not.
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    that is true i could but the military sound funnier is had hp and xp bar then would go to war every day. For more xp forget mission i will just grind

• skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Actually Waffle. It has been my way since day one. You are just pissy because you tried to 'prove' something negative about me, and it failed miserably because nothing you said, contradicted anything I said, but in fact backed everything I had said up. Your simply not smart enough to figure that out yet.

~Saitada

Oh, the irony.
    Do I win yet?
  • Thrasymachus - Sanctuary
    Thrasymachus - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Don't get me wrong, Sai, I know they are company and they want to make profit. Maybe you'll disagree with me, but there are some kind of rules that should be respected, like loyalty for players who spend most of their time (or at least more than others) here. I shouldn't talk about ethics, but I find exchanging people time (and life) for money very abusive and discreditable.

I disagree with this. Everybody that logs on to the game costs PWI money. They only make money when people buy zen. Anybody that doesn't buy zen isn't an asset to PWI, or the game, I don't care what level you are or how long you've been here or what faction you're in, or anything like that. You're a drain on server resources, and you're lucky the in-game economy is such that you can provide a service to people who do buy zen by farming or merchanting and thereby justify your existence somewhat to those who are paying for the game to be up. If PWI wants to put more stuff in the cash shop to encourage people to buy zen, then not only is that their right, but those who don't buy zen should be grateful PWI is making money so they can pay for their freeloading butts.

Cash shop games like this are great because they let you try the game out and decide what level of investment you want to make in the game in terms of time/money. But if you play everyday for an hour or more and have for more than a couple of months, and you don't occasionally buy zen, you are a despicable freeloading leech of a human being.
    edited February 2010
    that is true i could but the military sound funnier is had hp and xp bar then would go to war every day. For more xp forget mission i will just grind

b:laugh maybe I wouldn't have left the military if I had hp and xp bars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »
    Oh, the irony.
    Do I win yet?
    the fact he used your instead of you're and then proceeds to attempt to insult my intelligence lol?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    I disagree with this. Everybody that logs on to the game costs PWI money. They only make money when people buy zen. Anybody that doesn't buy zen isn't an asset to PWI, or the game, I don't care what level you are or how long you've been here or what faction you're in, or anything like that. You're a drain on server resources, and you're lucky the in-game economy is such that you can provide a service to people who do buy zen by farming or merchanting and thereby justify your existence somewhat to those who are paying for the game to be up. If PWI wants to put more stuff in the cash shop to encourage people to buy zen, then not only is that their right, but those who don't buy zen should be grateful PWI is making money so they can pay for their freeloading butts.

Cash shop games like this are great because they let you try the game out and decide what level of investment you want to make in the game in terms of time/money. But if you play everyday for an hour or more and have for more than a couple of months, and you don't occasionally buy zen, you are a despicable freeloading leech of a human being.

But but im not a leechb:cry

edited February 2010

I agree with most of this.. however, if they are going to give items that increase the amount of xp you get, they should be cash items only, not items that can be purchased with coin in-game, especially when they are giving that in-game coin out in droves to the "power players" (I mean, owning 10 territories is 100,000,000 coin per week) how many "gold" can be purchased using the coin they were given? without having to spend a single cent on Zen of their own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    that what happend to hellgate london not enough ppl paid to play game and it went under, if recall correctly. I miss hellgate london b:cry i was there for it last moments before dissapear as a online game

• Varscona - Sanctuary
    Varscona - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2010

you're an ignorant moron. anyone who buys anything cash shop related, whether with zen or in-game gold, contributes to the company. has it occurred to you that the gold people sell has to come from somewhere? where does it come from? oh right someone had to charge zen for that. creating such a demand for in-game gold contributes to the company. if i buy charms, mounts, and dragon orbs the company gets money. now STFU and sell more gold noob.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010

What point? Lets see. The point where I said I fraps my game play, and then go though it and delete whats not needed for keeping and save the rest on my backup drives?

You tried to say that I said I frapsed my game play and saved everything on my terrabyte backup drive. But you conveniently forgot to post the part where I said I went through my fraps files and deleted what wasn't needed, and only kept what was needed for whatever, to try and prove your point that I was lying about frapsing my game play.

When I showed where what you said was in fact only a 'portion' of what I had said, it made you look bad. Now your butt hurt about it.

You also tried to say I said I was a woman in a wheelchair or something, when in fact I have always said I was a guy. I demanded that you prove I said that. You had to resort to saying it was based on some in game conversation and nothing I had posted on the forums.

Yet cuppycake... one of my very first posts on these forums, stated I was a guy. Every post where my gender has come into it, has stated I was a guy. So your allegations again got shoved down your throat. And you were embarrassed.

So, while I might in fact be an ****, I can back everything I say on these boards up... but you on the other hand... can't.

Now... as for being self indulgent... Why yes, I am. I have worked hard in my life, I personally think I deserve to indulge in whatever I want to. I don't see a problem with that.

Lets see... as for being Narcissistic... hmm I really don't think that is the case. A Narcissist is only concerned about themselves. I am actually very concerned about a lot of people, and am very helpful both in game, and in life. The issue you have with me is I don't tolerate stupid people very well. Thus I don't tolerate you very well. And that hurts your 'wittle fewins' and makes you cry.

When you have a clue Waffle... You might be able to contend with me. But because you don't, the only thing you will succeed in doing is embarrassing yourself further.

~Saitada
  • Fritigern - Lost City
    Fritigern - Lost City Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    PWI is a business after all.
    Like all companies, they try to find that sweet spot where they can squeeze the most coin out of it's customers without pissing them off.
    I imagine they try all sorts of things till they find the "Holy Grail" of sales items.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2010
    you're an ignorant moron. anyone who buys anything cash shop related, whether with zen or in-game gold, contributes to the company. has it occurred to you that the gold people sell has to come from somewhere? where does it come from? oh right someone had to charge zen for that. creating such a demand for in-game gold contributes to the company. if i buy charms, mounts, and dragon orbs the company gets money. now STFU and sell more gold noob.

actually, you're not thinking the whole thing through.. it's true that the G being sold came from someone purchasing zen, but, I don't think the ones using in-game coin should get the same rewards as someone charging zen.. i.e. enhanced exp items should only be available to people that are spending zen they themselves charged, as opposed to being available to someone who opened a coral and got a frostcovered sign of force and was able to sell it for 30M in-game let them use that in-game coin to purchase G which allows them to buy angels, or clothing, or even mats, but not enhanced EXP items... that's my point
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »
    Oh, the irony.
    Do I win yet?

Yeah yeah I typed a bit fast and put your instead of you're. Ever make a mistake? Or are you 100 percent perfect? Oh and if you had half a clue, you would know that I have never denied having issues with contractions. They mess with my head. A person having an issue with contractions, isn't stupid. They have an issue with a couple words in the English language. Or will you say Albert Einstein was stupid because he was unable to tie his shoes?

Yeah that's what I thought.

~Saitada
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    enhanced exp items should only be available to people that are spending zen they themselves charged
    so cash shoppers should have more of an advantage than they ALREADY do? Thanks for making that clear, now I have a reason not to like you.
  • Pervera - Lost City
    Pervera - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    PWI is a business after all.
    Like all companies, they try to find that sweet spot where they can squeeze the most coin out of it's customers b:shockedwithout pissing them offb:shocked.
    I imagine they try all sorts of things till they find the "Holy Grail" of sales items.
    b:bye

Yes, if it was without pissing them off. Actually all that happens due last months hits new f2p players so apparently it hits the whole ingame community. Try to start up with EP from scratch not pumping any cash from your main char then youll see how hard is to save up for charms not mentioning any wings that are better than +1.
This discussion has been closed.