Is PW intentionally trying to kill PWI?

Options
FionaCattail - Sanctuary
FionaCattail - Sanctuary Posts: 405 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
tons of people rage quit when the anni packs came out.. now hyperExp, and the "anni packs on crack" (coral), I understand rewarding people for putting $ into the game, but making it so someone with money can get to level 90 in an extremely short period of time, while others who don't have the $ to spend are stuck taking 9 months to accomplish the same task, is taking things to extremes..

I mean on sanctuary, nef owns almost all the territories, therefore they have tons of in-game coin.. they purchase gold and have their whole faction at 105 by the time this event is over.. I thought there used to be a limit to how many territories could be owned by a single faction.

don't get me wrong, I've put money in myself, a decent amount (not exorbitant, but in the $300-400 range over the past year or so).. so I'm not saying it's bad to reward people for spending coin, but 24x exp? and when the 2x is over, 18x? (supposedly the hyper stacks with training scrolls).. and then allowing 1 "superpower" to control the whole map, it makes us "lowly players" a bit intimidated because even if I spent $1000 on the game each week, that wouldn't even get me close to the amount of gold nef could buy on a weekly basis.

Also, on a side note.. what's the point of having an "official announcements" category/forum if there hasn't been a single "official announcement" posted in it in the year and 1/2 that I've been playing?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
Post edited by FionaCattail - Sanctuary on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    tons of people rage quit when the anni packs came out.. now hyperExp, and the "anni packs on crack" (coral), I understand rewarding people for putting $ into the game, but making it so someone with money can get to level 90 in an extremely short period of time, while others who don't have the $ to spend are stuck taking 9 months to accomplish the same task, is taking things to extremes..

I mean on sanctuary, nef owns almost all the territories, therefore they have tons of in-game coin.. they purchase gold and have their whole faction at 105 by the time this event is over.. I thought there used to be a limit to how many territories could be owned by a single faction.

don't get me wrong, I've put money in myself, a decent amount (not exorbitant, but in the $300-400 range over the past year or so).. so I'm not saying it's bad to reward people for spending coin, but 24x exp? and when the 2x is over, 18x? (supposedly the hyper stacks with training scrolls).. and then allowing 1 "superpower" to control the whole map, it makes us "lowly players" a bit intimidated because even if I spent $1000 on the game each week, that wouldn't even get me close to the amount of gold nef could buy on a weekly basis.

Also, on a side note.. what's the point of having an "official announcements" category/forum if there hasn't been a single "official announcement" posted in it in the year and 1/2 that I've been playing?
    we see this same kind of rant daily, kinda wont make a difference, gets people at each others throats over who likes and dislikes it, then thread lock.

/thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • andysocks
    andysocks Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The don't care about the players; they only care about the players' money.
  • Fielyla - Sanctuary
    Fielyla - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    mhmm something like that
  • Reane - Sanctuary
    Reane - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Id honestly say no. Idgaf about what pw does with its cash shop. I have yet to charge a dime on the game and im progressing quite fine. cash shop is for the pvpers and the "easy riders" (i know not everyone fits into one of those catagories, so dont flame me)... anyways, i play the game because its fun and i dont NEED cash shop to have fun. After all, its only fair that those who contribute to the life of the game gain advantages, so cash shop away if ya want :P
    Reane-archer-82
    HeavensRage-blademaster-65
    HeavenSorrow-venomancer-74
    Abby_G-assassin-57
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    Centaura - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    andysocks wrote: »

^ im afraid this is the concept of pwi nowb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Assassin- Cold, Tough, Relentless, Brave, has a Disturbing Mix of Innocence and Violence.

-Proud Member of Vanquish
  • Taedal - Heavens Tear
    Taedal - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I've been wondering this same question myself lately, with the amount of new daily quests, oracles in the cash shop and now this hyper exp... it's as if they're trying to rush everyone to their endgame for some reason. What happened to the days where you used to have to work for your levels and gears?
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

They are a business. They are in this to make a profit, not hold your hand and play patty cake. If you don't like how they run the game then I suggest you leave and find something more suited to your play style and desires. Something from Sesame Street maybe?

~S
  • FionaCattail - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Id honestly say no. Idgaf about what pw does with its cash shop. I have yet to charge a dime on the game and im progressing quite fine. cash shop is for the pvpers and the "easy riders" (i know not everyone fits into one of those catagories, so dont flame me)... anyways, i play the game because its fun and i dont NEED cash shop to have fun. After all, its only fair that those who contribute to the life of the game gain advantages, so cash shop away if ya want :P

like I said, I agree that they should get some kind of "bonus" but what I don't agree with is the fact that people who start the game tomorrow and pay cash could be your level, or mine, by the end of the day..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We could all learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names (like chartreuse), and all are different colors....BUT they ALL exist very nicely in the same box!
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yup, TW will be broken with 1 faction ruling all. We will have lvl 105 after the week. If the stones are ridiculously priced, cashshoppers will definitely benefit.

Those in the 100s before this will feel like.....well....sad.... <____<

I dont know honestly, the GMs are having a hard time for some reasons.

Spoons left.

Will this game be around for another year? That is your call to make...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Agreed this Game is starting to lose its concept because of ' greed' which in the long term will make alot of people quit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Assassin- Cold, Tough, Relentless, Brave, has a Disturbing Mix of Innocence and Violence.

• maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Lol name me one profitable business that cares about the customers rather than money. They are profitable for a reason lol.

Also; it's kinda funny how many people have stated that they will "ragequit" yet PWI never seems to slow down. Hmm...
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Yup, TW will be broken with 1 faction ruling all. We will have lvl 105 after the week. If the stones are ridiculously priced, cashshoppers will definitely benefit.

Those in the 100s before this will feel like.....well....sad.... <____<

I dont know honestly, the GMs are having a hard time for some reasons.

Spoons left.

Will this game be around for another year? That is your call to make...

At This rate it might not it might be depending what happens....

• KimiMai - Sanctuary
    KimiMai - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It's sad really. Enough to make you wonder what's going on. So many questions, so few answers.
    Bored now....
    edited February 2010
    Options
    They are a business. They are in this to make a profit, not hold your hand and play patty cake. If you don't like how they run the game then I suggest you leave and find something more suited to your play style and desires. Something from Sesame Street maybe?

~S

c'mon Sai.. no need to insult someone to try and get your point across.. my point isn't the fact that they are trying to make money.. they are a business, they make money, that's great.. it's the fact that the regular players are having to suffer because of it.. and that the ones "in power" on the servers are just getting ways to become more powerful without having to spend a dime of real coin... they should do something that differentiates cash shop and non-cash shop stuff.. like if I buy zen, I can get hyperExp, but if I use in-game coin to buy gold, I can't.. that at least makes it fair to the point that in order to "power level" you actually HAVE to spend cash as opposed to the power factions that get 10,000,000,000 per week and can buy all the gold they want to get the items to make them more powerful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bleek - Lost City
    Bleek - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

~S

Sweet, the first troll. When did I say I didn't like how they run the game? I was just stating that they didn't care about the players. Think before you post please.
  • loonytoones
    loonytoones Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hell, I wanted a Herc cause I love doing dungeons solo. Made like 50M, I was so close and now I guess gold prices will rise lol. **** this!
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    c'mon Sai.. no need to insult someone to try and get your point across.. my point isn't the fact that they are trying to make money.. they are a business, they make money, that's great.. it's the fact that the regular players are having to suffer because of it.. and that the ones "in power" on the servers are just getting ways to become more powerful without having to spend a dime of real coin... they should do something that differentiates cash shop and non-cash shop stuff.. like if I buy zen, I can get hyperExp, but if I use in-game coin to buy gold, I can't.. that at least makes it fair to the point that in order to "power level" you actually HAVE to spend cash as opposed to the power factions that get 10,000,000,000 per week and can buy all the gold they want to get the items to make them more powerful.

As for one faction owning the entire map i hope Conqueror set a code of ethics to disban or let go of land after complete conquest

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    c'mon Sai.. no need to insult someone to try and get your point across..
    its been his way since last may when he decided to come back to the forums to insult people. surprised one of these administrators hasnt banned his **** yet.
    As for one faction owning the entire map i hope Conqueror set a code of ethics to disban or let go of land after complete conquest
    they DID conquer everything rofl, they let it all go the same weekend haha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Centaura - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hell, I wanted a Herc cause I love doing dungeons solo. Made like 50M, I was so close and now I guess gold prices will rise lol. **** this!
    There not going to rise, there going to skyrocket!

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    its been his way since last may when he decided to come back to the forums to insult people. surprised one of these administrators hasnt banned his **** yet.

they DID conquer everything rofl, they let it all go the same weekend haha.
    sometimes he's just over-blunt. But I don't feel he's insulted people intentionally.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Kazamatt - Dreamweaver
    Kazamatt - Dreamweaver Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

~S
    Don't get me wrong, Sai, I know they are company and they want to make profit. Maybe you'll disagree with me, but there are some kind of rules that should be respected, like loyalty for players who spend most of their time (or at least more than others) here. I shouldn't talk about ethics, but I find exchanging people time (and life) for money very abusive and discreditable.
  • Mallabu - Sanctuary
    Mallabu - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If you don't like how they run the game then I suggest you leave and find something more suited to your play style and desires.~S

A Year an ahalf later it turns up Empty like Everquest then you go WTF happened!?

Like you suggested,

I agree with original poster the coral thing is a bit over the top even for me I was surprised

It's only been about a year an a bit (1 year anniversary) and already their reputation is going down the ****.

I'm strongly reconsidering continuing and posts like Saitada just confirm yea it's time to move on.
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    A Year an ahalf later it turns up Empty like Everquest in it's old days that acted like PWI does now. Then you go WTF happened!?

Like you suggested, people moved on.

I agree with original poster and I also agree with Saitada about moving on even though I myself have put a lot of things and money into this game.

Fennin Ro is actually still very populated. There are dead zones because everyone goes to the "hot zones."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I say more power to those who want to buy their way to the top, they will never have the experience that those who have actually played the game have. They may have "the" best gear with "the" best refinements and shards, but what they lack is actual knowledge of what they have spent their real life money to obtain and while doing so they have kept PWI in business. Soon those that have boutiqued their way to the top will become bored with the game and leave, leaving those who have the patience and determination to actually play the game behind. So get out your credit cards all you level 1 folks and I will see you at 105 next week, then 2 months from now I wont see you at all b:pleased and PWI thanks you for fattening up their wallets while you was here
  • Gve - Sanctuary
    Gve - Sanctuary Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    pwi or pwe has to listen to wamei (they made the original pw), they decide want info come out. Or what is going to be release here is my best guess i am assuming they decide it like spoon said once. "We release info as we get it" but this is my best guess i do not work for pwi nor have interest in working for them. I like being the outside better much more fun to watch
    hell gate london rocks best fps game ever wanting hell gate ressurection out this year

Status-semi afk log on when i want
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    maocchi wrote: »
    Lol name me one profitable business that cares about the customers rather than money. They are profitable for a reason lol.

IHOP.

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Actually Waffle. It has been my way since day one. You are just pissy because you tried to 'prove' something negative about me, and it failed miserably because nothing you said, contradicted anything I said, but in fact backed everything I had said up. Your simply not smart enough to figure that out yet.

As for this game. As I said it is a business. It is here to make money. Businesses don't make money by catering to people that don't pay them. They make money by catering to people who do. If this simple concept is hard for you to understand, I am sorry. But that is just how it is.

Like I said, if you don't like it. I suggest you take yourselves lock stock and barrel to another game where your desires are catered to, rather than the paying customers. When the game fails because their are not paying customers, just leeches, you can QQ on their forums about how unfair it is.

Soo.....

suckitup.jpg's

~Saitada
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I may think lvl cap will be raised in the not too distant future, since they implement this b:shutup
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
    edited February 2010
    Options
    sometimes he's just over-blunt. But I don't feel he's insulted people intentionally.

just because someone doesn't agree with something or complains a bit about the game play, that means they should play something from sesame street? and that's not insulting?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I may think lvl cap will be raised in the not too distant future, since they implement this b:shutup

Ok...then what?

They alrdy ruined the 100+ instance....

Waiting for Warsoul packs ijs...b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
This discussion has been closed.