What happened to this game?

Options
Airyll - Dreamweaver
Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
edited February 2010 in General Discussion
No, really. What happened to it?

The general "community" sort of spirit that was around before all this Raging Tide fiasco was nice. Yes, it wasn't the best and it wasn't the most noticeable, but it was there. Before the new BH system, before the expansion.

For example. The old BH. I remember that when it first started it was all the rage, and then people settled into it. People who didn't necessarily need the bosses would help you with them, because they could and they liked to. Random squads weren't such epic failures filled with oracle noobs.
For example, my veno's BH39 today wasn't even really a BH.

Joined a squad with a 53 veno and 59 psychic. All good. I go to start clearing since both of them are advertising, and check my friends list. An archer joins. Nice, nice. Then, suddenly within five minutes, the archer and veno ditch for a new squad. Well hey, it happens... We get a 69 veno join the squad. She then invites a 53 BM and another 70 Herc veno. We then get a cleric. S'all good, squad's sorted and the first few caves are already cleared. Then... it starts.

The BM begins to demand buffs. Repeatedly. He's like a broken record, demanding buffs without a please in sight every few seconds. What's funny is that the cleric is nowhere near him (cleric joined late and had a way to run) and he won't wait for the cleric either. "Buff buff buff I need buffffffffs". Eventually, the rest of the squad wait for the cleric to catch up, and he buffs them. Does this BM give a thank you after his obnoxious demanding for buffs? Of course not.

The rest of the BH up until first boss Farren goes quite nicely. Herc veno points out a Herc is not a barb and if people spam attacks, it will lose aggro. Understandable warning given the oracle noobs and the attitude of the BM in the squad. Farren goes without a hitch, and.... wait what's this? The two other venos dropped squad? I point out that everybody in this squad excluding the venos is going to need Calcid and Trioc. The Herc veno's response?
"I was only there to help a faction member."
... I'm pretty sure he'll still need the other bosses too, once he turns this one in, I point out. Oh, wait, nope, she was talking about the other veno! A level 69 veno who needed Farren.
Not unheard of I suppose, if you can leave FBs that long you can probably leave a BH that long too... somehow... maybe. I don't know. Either way, I ask if they would kindly stay to help the rest of the squad with the rest of the BH. The response?
"Idc"

Before the expansion, sale of oracles and other things, the game was hardly ever like this. Yes, a few people had a bad tendency to "use and abuse" squads - but it was far rarer than it is today. People had the nice habit of a please and thank you when asking for and getting buffs. And many people I remember were nice enough to stay for a full dungeon run, regardless of if they needed the bosses or not, because it was generally a nice thing to do and everybody appreciated it. (I also had the habit of sometimes paying these people for their help, because I certainly appreciated it.)

tl;dr: You shouldn't be so lazy and should read the whole damn thing. That aside, it's kind of sad to see how this game has changed over the course of a few months.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Airyll - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I agree with you on this one, the game has changed yes...
    friends are asking me for help all the time, for bosses quests for spiritual culti bosses, because there's no one who will help them b:sad they're all doing their bh.
    another friend sometimes asks me to help on trioc, me and another veno help then :) though we both don't need trioc. No cleric, no barb, just two veno's without hercs and a sin ^^ exploding mobs come close to killing us sometimes but it's fun :)
    I love helping people, it's sad to see that some people forget about how nice it is to help people out and get a thank you b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Makes me glad im on a old server >.>;;

so far on sanc. there hasnt been too much of those kinda things, memorable enough for me to be pissed and remember.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I agree with you on this one, the game has changed yes...
    friends are asking me for help all the time, for bosses quests for spiritual culti bosses, because there's no one who will help them b:sad they're all doing their bh.
    another friend sometimes asks me to help on trioc, me and another veno help then :) though we both don't need trioc. No cleric, no barb, just two veno's without hercs and a sin ^^ exploding mobs come close to killing us sometimes but it's fun :)
    I love helping people, it's sad to see that some people forget about how nice it is to help people out and get a thank you b:sad

I understand you pain. As a cleric, I don't have enough time between helping my guildies with BHs and Boss killing to do my quests b:cry
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's scenarios like this that have me seriously considering moving to a Pvp server. I may have to reroll, but I can at least entertain myself away from the level addicted idiots who have no idea how to play.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's scenarios like this that have me seriously considering moving to a Pvp server. I may have to reroll, but I can at least entertain myself away from the level addicted idiots who have no idea how to play.

Until you get oneshot by the level addicted (cash shop addicted) idiots. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    There are people that just care about themselves, not necessarily noobs. I've seen a couple of people who wouldn't even let someone join their squad for a boss. Does it really hurt to right click and press invite?

Compassion seems to be a thing of past, especially with this new BH. I always stay for full BH runs despite not needing all of the bosses, because it just seems like right thing to do according to my standards. But then there are some people that just leave when they have what they need. I understand that these BH runs take a LONG time but you are not the only one who's going through it so why not help others who are in the same situation as you? Thankfully the people I befriend are usually very compassionate people so I don't make an **** of myself by inviting them to FB's and BH's.

And I'm sure there are lot more nice players still around. I would hope you were just unlucky.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I met some people in BH 79 which they didn't know what mats is used for wines for BH 79!!! She was level 89!!!b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    meh We live in such a pressure to lvl these days more and more people become selfish which in result will lead to helpfull people to become more selfish to being selfish is a spreading virus which few can ressist in this community.
    I myself wished this didnt have to be but it is a fact and I am selfish myself at certain points

The community has changed there is more greed everywhere its a shame i must admit but I am part off the problem to but then again nearly everyone is part off this problem with no greed you will end up broke these days

We can only hope the community restores but it seems very unlikely
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • _vincent - Dreamweaver
    _vincent - Dreamweaver Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm sure the game started to downgrade when there was a Zen sale, Charm Pack sale, and Battle Pet Pack sale at the same time. Then after that, Chest of Coins in cube were introduced which made gold prices go up, etc etc.

Sum it all up, one bad sale\pack after another made the game go downhill.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    that's the funny thing. pressure to level increases with ease of leveling? wtf?

people need to ****ing get their priorities straight. wtf are they leveling for? is it to play? or to level moar?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

people need to ****ing get their priorities straight. wtf are they leveling for? is it to play? or to level moar?

I don't know. If people are competing with one another to have/be/get the best I personally think they missed the idea behind what it means to 'Play a Game'.

Myself, I'm wanting to get to level 80 so I can max out some skills on my pets. After that, if it takes me another 6 months to get to 81, i'm in no hurry. I enjoy the GAME. And playing it with my wife.

~S
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm sure the game started to downgrade when there was a Zen sale, Charm Pack sale, and Battle Pet Pack sale at the same time. Then after that, Chest of Coins in cube were introduced which made gold prices go up, etc etc.

Sum it all up, one bad sale\pack after another made the game go downhill.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind bad sales are to blame for some of it. Personally, snobbish behaviour increased with the anni packs, but at the same time we all learnt to live with the cash shoppers. Generally, they are the minority, and even then not all cash shoppers have a bad attitude. In fact, I can name several who are quite pleasant the majority of the time.

It's the oracle sale and the new BH system that's done the worst, IMO. See below.

I'm in agreement here. I hit 85 a while ago, and have since stayed at 85 so I may teach a few friends and guildies how to do RB. Several of these friends are venos - I've noticed a lot of venos being kicked out of squads lately because they are "No longer efficient in RB".

Another great way of showing the new selfishness of the game: several RB acquaintances of mine will drop an RB squad if you invite a veno. Because sweet heavens, an extra 20k off their charm is just so terrible. It's a shame to see a class get so beaten on simply because there's suddenly no more bonus beans. Venos did a fine job beforehand, and I've been kicked out of many an RB squad at this point for fighting in defence of venos and their place in RB.

People want to get their own levels so badly they're overlooking everybody else and are happily being picky-choosy about who they squad with and are very squad abusive these days. Which as you said... is funny given how suddenly easy it is to level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EAU_VIVE - Sanctuary
    EAU_VIVE - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Take a breath.

What is the goal of your post.

Did you reach your goal.

Listen that..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG3PIIxECwk

wow so cool now adapt your self

This is virtual.

You try to sculpt the wind.
    Miaooo frrr frrrr.

Let me eat a magic hempster.

Take a breath and have fun.

Virtual Love Virtual
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lolwhut?

I didn't even bother clicking the link, on the simple assumption that based on your lack of anything related to the actual post, and your previous posts... the link is useless and you're a troll. =3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EAU_VIVE - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yep a post so poor like this one is a house of troll plss pass me pillow.
    Miaooo frrr frrrr.

Virtual Love Virtual
  • EAU_VIVE - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    MM one things il want to know ..did you get zen or other retribution each time you said troll or qq or moar or whathever all this strange contraction ..naa this is just like a dog who bark you said hit and you like to hear yourself.. woow listen il bark so over the others.
    Miaooo frrr frrrr.

Virtual Love Virtual
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Absolutely nothing happened to the game this has to do with the time in which you get on. As a general rule of thumb people 15 and under will be rude as is natural. Planing around that and not trying to get a BH done right after school solves that. Night time playing has some abrasive characters but not nOoBs day time playing has NoObs but generally nicer people play at this time.(night and day are based on the server time.)

This has always been the case since the first x-mas. With time so limited sometimes it hard to get done what you need to get done. I think you just were unfortunate and got some less caring people. As this thread clearly proves its a isolated incident. ^^ don't get too down about it.

EAU_VIVE please don't double post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AinaMizuako - Sanctuary
    AinaMizuako - Sanctuary Posts: 1,041 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Personally, I'm leveling so I can get my level 80 avatar here. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    oh look, i'm inactive again.

b> leviciti b:cry
  • Vintersun - Sanctuary
    Vintersun - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't know. If people are competing with one another to have/be/get the best I personally think they missed the idea behind what it means to 'Play a Game'.

Myself, I'm wanting to get to level 80 so I can max out some skills on my pets. After that, if it takes me another 6 months to get to 81, i'm in no hurry. I enjoy the GAME. And playing it with my wife.

~S

Same here I play because I enjoy the game I set my personal goal and don't feel stressed to get to highest level. Thats why I can't understand the point of oracles and stuff that make you level faster, what is so fun with getting to the highest level? nothing will happen then. I think others should try to set their own goals, reach them in as much time as it takes and consider helping others. PWI is about making friends and having fun so why try to avoid that?
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)Gotta Love Bunnies!
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hai Ayrill!

Yeah I actually agree with you, community's gone downhill. I mean, we even have a specific example in this thread.

I understand there's selfish people and horrible players in every game, but everytime I settle for a squad these days, it happens. I remember doing a BH51 as my cleric and the BM in the party demanded buffs - the dude was out of my radar range 'cause I was the last one in. When I got there, about 20 seconds later, everyone was fighting and he was meditating. Another BM (why do I always team up with fail BMs?) wouldn't wait till the veno pulled, rushed in mobs, attacked one outta three, then I wouldn't heal him because I didn't wanna die... and of course, he yells at me. "Where are the heals???" Left without a word as well, but I didn't miss him. Was like this all the run.

But yeah, everytime I play a cleric people PM me for buffs... especially the party's fighting. "Huh look I'm healing here" won't shut 'em up. Happened to me in the 59 I ran 2 days back. Actually the same archer refused to clear (I should have listened to myself...) then demanded the boss pulled. Our barb (a guildie) gave in and pulled.Rright after, archer aggroes the mobs he didn't wanna kill. Squad wipes. "Yeah that's teach him..." Well that'll teach me too. I run the squad? Everything in it dies: patrols, extra mobs on our way, possible aggro ones... better be safe than sorry. And once again, this one leaves without saying a word.

I'm guessing I'm just unlucky because some of the best times I've had were in BH... and in TT. I was in a 3-1 the other day, gawd our drops sucked, we had to get an archer to help us with timed boss (3 clerics, 1 barb, 2 BMs)... But no one went nuts, no insults, no begging for buffs, no major problem...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    And that's why I rerolled on HL. Fails in squad are pked and fed to Jewel.
  • KPowS - Sanctuary
    KPowS - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    hmmmmm....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so PW is more like that other blizzard game thats popular, and went to the casual player... so what? they may be fairly inexperienced and can be arrogant, but this rant sounds rather arrogant, as if you are better than them.

this forum is starting to sound like /b/, full of wanna be trolls spouting the same unfunny garbage they think is entertaining (i.e. QQ moar, sarcastic comments, idiotic one liners; the equivalent of the meme that wont die.) and the oldf**s who cry about what they think the game used to be.

occasionally, you'll find an intellectual here, who has a valid point, but its usually drowned out with idiocy and name calling by the complaining crowd who generally disagrees.

if anything has changed, its this forum, and the way people behave, not the game... its the same wonderful one i started a year and a half ago. have fun leaving your rants and anonymous defamation of players, it really doesnt change anything, nor does complaining make the community better :].

just remember:
    YOU GUYS ARE THE CANCER HURTING PW, NOT ANNI PACKS =D
    edited January 2010
    Options
    so PW is more like that other blizzard game thats popular, and went to the casual player... so what? they may be fairly inexperienced and can be arrogant, but this rant sounds rather arrogant, as if you are better than them.

this forum is starting to sound like /b/, full of wanna be trolls spouting the same unfunny garbage they think is entertaining (i.e. QQ moar, sarcastic comments, idiotic one liners; the equivalent of the meme that wont die.) and the oldf**s who cry about what they think the game used to be.

occasionally, you'll find an intellectual here, who has a valid point, but its usually drowned out with idiocy and name calling by the complaining crowd who generally disagrees.

if anything has changed, its this forum, and the way people behave, not the game... its the same wonderful one i started a year and a half ago. have fun leaving your rants and anonymous defamation of players, it really doesnt change anything, nor does complaining make the community better :].

just remember:

And you are one of them.
    This is your words.
    "dont listen to this, its either bad trolling or a not so bright person...
    "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    And you are one of them.
    This is your words.
    "dont listen to this, its either bad trolling or a not so bright person...
    says she who is telling a PVP server player to turn PK mode off....

if youre going to pull quotes from other threads, at least make sure they make sense. either contribute to my points, or offer a counter argument. if you cannot provide either, go away.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    says she who is telling a PVP server player to turn PK mode off....

if youre going to pull quotes from other threads, at least make sure they make sense. either contribute to my points, or offer a counter argument. if you cannot provide either, go away.

Yes, but I told I'm not sure if is she on PVE, or PVP servers. I told I think, that she is on PVE. But it wasn't true. But you automatically called me not bright person and trolling. You are exactly the same kind of person on which you complained.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes, but I told I'm not sure if is she on PVE, or PVP servers. I told I think, that she is on PVE. But it wasn't true. But you automatically called me not bright person and trolling. You are exactly the same kind of person on which you complained.
    im complaining? no, its called going on a tirade. seriously, just stop posting, you are doing nothing but spamming with off topic garbage because you were offended in another thread.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    im complaining? no, its called going on a tirade. seriously, just stop posting, you are doing nothing but spamming with off topic garbage because you were offended in another thread.
    See? These people like you doing community bad. Without respect to each other. Without respect to their opinion, without tolerance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rainex_ - Lost City
    Rainex_ - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

andy, please define tirade, and define complaining. what is it that makes your comment a tirade, and makes the op's comment a complaint?
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    tirade: a speech of violent denunciation, a long, angry or violent speech; a diatribe; A section of verse concerning a single theme; a laisse

complain: general use, a complaint is an expression of displeasure, such as poor service at a store, or from a local government, etc

they arent the same thing, this forum has a hard time filtering the two in their brains :\