What happened to this game?

Options

Comments

• AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    and since it more than likely wont be read due to being a page behind from that spammer:
    so PW is more like that other blizzard game thats popular, and went to the casual player... so what? they may be fairly inexperienced and can be arrogant, but this rant sounds rather arrogant, as if you are better than them.

this forum is starting to sound like /b/, full of wanna be trolls spouting the same unfunny garbage they think is entertaining (i.e. QQ moar, sarcastic comments, idiotic one liners; the equivalent of the meme that wont die.) and the oldf**s who cry about what they think the game used to be.

occasionally, you'll find an intellectual here, who has a valid point, but its usually drowned out with idiocy and name calling by the complaining crowd who generally disagrees.

if anything has changed, its this forum, and the way people behave, not the game... its the same wonderful one i started a year and a half ago. have fun leaving your rants and anonymous defamation of players, it really doesnt change anything, nor does complaining make the community better :].
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I love this game. I love my friends, and I absolutely love my faction, which I helped create.

There are quite a few RUDE people out there. It's so upsetting to see people who think they can demand things from other people. I, and a few friends of mine, decided to help a veno do her fb59, and she needed a couple of quests done before she reached 59. So, being the nice people we are, we said we'd help her. Most of the time, she was very bossy, and told all of us how to do our jobs, which, (might I proudly add) was very unnecessary and even insulting, since we all have played for a while and know how to do our jobs. She eventually demanded that our archer give the speed buff AT the bh boss we were doing, and he didn't want to, because she was being so bossy, so I had to tell her that maybe saying please might help, so she finally said please and thank you, and he buffed us with the unnecessary buff.

Then, when we were finally ready to pull our hair out, I mean, run her fb59, she decided to go afk and take a shower, which was very frustrating for us, especially for our tank who was exhausted and had been woken up by my because I had (wrongly) assumed we were finally ready. She didn't even apologize for all the inconvenience.

In the fb59, she repeatedly freaked out about us, and I finally snapped and told her (in the nicest way I could) that we really DID know what we were doing, and we wouldn't let her, or any of us, die. She finally backed off (unfortunately, that was by the 3rd boss -_-). Then she insulted how slow my clerics were (and me, because I was going slow to make sure we didn't lose them - I had one Following me).

*sigh*

But overall, I think most people are decent and kind, and I love Sanctuary. I've met a lot of awesome people who I wouldn't trade for the world.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hi Airyll,
    I always love seeing you post on the forums; because you always have a point. Yes lately it seems that a lot of people feel the pressure to level... Because it is so easy you feel like there is something wrong with you or your dedication if you don't.
    But honestly there is a simile solution. Keep the people you enjoy close to you, either in your faction or on your Friend's List. And focus on having fun. You're a great player and a great person, even if you probably wont say the same for me. I don't like seeing you bothered by poopoo heads!
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Let's keep the fighting out of this thread, guys. Don't be the very reason I posted this topic, yeah? =D

Oh, and hiya Xan!!!
    so PW is more like that other blizzard game thats popular, and went to the casual player... so what? they may be fairly inexperienced and can be arrogant, but this rant sounds rather arrogant, as if you are better than them.

Arrogant? Where did this sound arrogant?
    My apologies if you thought it did, but you're misinterpreting my OP if you think that. I was not saying I was better than these people, I was saying that their attitudes absolutely stank - and are a far cry from attitudes that people used to have in this game.

If I wanted to sound arrogant, I would have pointed out how much the BM failed in his aggroing of many thousands of mobs and then wondering why he nearly died when the mobs began to explode as the rest of the squad killed them. Or how the replacement 73 wizard couldn't make his mind up between wanting me on my veno alt to pull or a squishy psychic to pull with his genie despite the fact he couldn't catch mobs to save lives and nearly killed me several times because of such.
    this forum is starting to sound like /b/, full of wanna be trolls spouting the same unfunny garbage they think is entertaining (i.e. QQ moar, sarcastic comments, idiotic one liners; the equivalent of the meme that wont die.) and the oldf**s who cry about what they think the game used to be.

I'm 17. I don't believe that is classed as an "oldf**" as you so put it.

Secondly, please quote where I actually came out and said "QQ moar" in my OP, an idiotic one liner (which you so kindly left at the end of your own post, actually) or some sarcastic comment. Once you've actually done that, feel free to call me out on saying these things.

This isn't me crying about what I think the game used to be, this is me pointing out that with numerous sales to help people level super fast without needing to squad or learn their class, we have had in influx with people with ****ty attitudes - making squads a far cry from what they used to be.

And hi Euphy! You posted while I was writing this. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Arrogant? Where did this sound arrogant?
    My apologies if you thought it did, but you're misinterpreting my OP if you think that. I was not saying I was better than these people, I was saying that their attitudes absolutely stank - and are a far cry from attitudes that people used to have in this game.
    misinterpretation on both sides then, see these:
    I'm 17. I don't believe that is classed as an "oldf**" as you so put it.

Secondly, please quote where I actually came out and said "QQ moar" in my OP, an idiotic one liner (which you so kindly left at the end of your own post, actually) or some sarcastic comment. Once you've actually done that, feel free to call me out on saying these things.

they were a generalization about the stereotypes about people in general here.
    these players are people who think themselves 'trolling pros' and do nothing but post obnoxious garbage equivalent of foaming at the mouth.

an oldf** is an internet term refering to more veteran members of a community, i.e a poster starting in sept 08 compared to one starting this january. these people sit and complain about anything that comes into the game, good or bad.

i for one, read the post as a complaint, and quite frankly a majority of this forum is complaining. it gets on my nerves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • LingBanamu - Lost City
    LingBanamu - Lost City Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Makes me glad im on a old server >.>;;

so far on sanc. there hasnt been too much of those kinda things, memorable enough for me to be pissed and remember.

I have one from Sanctuary that really stuck. This was before the new bh system. I was on my veno helping out an bh51 run; I had already done my bh for the day, so I was just there helping. The squad was being advertised as a bh51 squad, and a couple of people were invited for wyvern. Before we even started the run, it was asked if we were going to run wyvern too. One member of the squad, the barb, said that yes we were going to. The instant Fushma died, the person who had started the squad left. By the time the next guardian of the pride was dead, the barb had left along with one of the clerics.

So, it was me, another veno, and a cleric. We get to wyvern and discover that my magmite can't tank Wyvern, the veno's barb alt couldn't tank with the cleric healing(he put up BB and the barb died when he got amped), and I couldn't tank with the cleric healing me(I gained aggro after the barb died, I was in foxform and did pretty well for a while). I brought in my cleric and revived the party. Wyvern was sitting down on the barb and me, so I revived my veno and took off running and told the party I would kite him while they got buffed up and ready for when I got back. When I got back, the barb grabbed aggro and the cleric was using IH but not purify. I pull my cleric over in time to purify and take over on healing. Finally, we killed him, and he dropped a mold.

If the original party Had stayed, the run would have went 10x smoother than what it did. But, they baited the person who needed wyvern to stay by saying, yes we'll kill him too, then leave when they are done with their boss. It's just really fustrating when people do that, and makes things inconvenient for the people who are ditched. Anyways, I'll end my rant here before I go on too long.

-Ling
    I've moved to LC, perhaps permanently. Goodbye Sanctuary, I know that nobody there knows me. :D
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i for one, read the post as a complaint, and quite frankly a majority of this forum is complaining. it gets on my nerves.

Fair enough. I misinterpreted part of that post, but still - I didn't start this game in 08 and I'm in no way a veteran of it. I still don't fall into the category I was being lumped into. =)

Also, I hate to be blunt, but if it gets on your nerves... don't read those posts.
    Hell, if you want to do something about it, post a happy post complimenting every aspect of this game you absolutely love and spread some joy.

You're complaining as much as I am otherwise. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    O.o
    something happened to teh game?
    D:
    oh noes

well me reasons for leveling be that me enjoy leveling and with to see all teh contents this game has to offer.
    although me has strategically slowed down me exp gain by nearly 70%-80%. (mainly to farm monies...)
    ._.'
    cat...hamster.....be so wrong in so many ways.
    b:shedtear

well me really never had the problem with people leaving runs only after getting the boss they needed. (occasionally would happen but most had a good reason...say need to do something important in real life, etc etc)
    o.o'
    and me personally would state which boss me needed (especially during the old BH system) like...fushma and would choose to stay to help for Wyvern as well.
    b:surrender
    so me just going to chalk this one up to one of the traveling horde of mmorpg jumpers who play dozens of them yet still wonder why they hate every single one without realizing it's them that be making their own experience bad.
    b:chuckle
    ya.....them traveling hordes do really exist.
    b:surrender
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No, really. What happened to it?

The general "community" sort of spirit that was around before all this Raging Tide fiasco was nice. Yes, it wasn't the best and it wasn't the most noticeable, but it was there. Before the new BH system, before the expansion.

For example. The old BH. I remember that when it first started it was all the rage, and then people settled into it. People who didn't necessarily need the bosses would help you with them, because they could and they liked to. Random squads weren't such epic failures filled with oracle noobs.
    For example, my veno's BH39 today wasn't even really a BH.

Joined a squad with a 53 veno and 59 psychic. All good. I go to start clearing since both of them are advertising, and check my friends list. An archer joins. Nice, nice. Then, suddenly within five minutes, the archer and veno ditch for a new squad. Well hey, it happens... We get a 69 veno join the squad. She then invites a 53 BM and another 70 Herc veno. We then get a cleric. S'all good, squad's sorted and the first few caves are already cleared. Then... it starts.

The BM begins to demand buffs. Repeatedly. He's like a broken record, demanding buffs without a please in sight every few seconds. What's funny is that the cleric is nowhere near him (cleric joined late and had a way to run) and he won't wait for the cleric either. "Buff buff buff I need buffffffffs". Eventually, the rest of the squad wait for the cleric to catch up, and he buffs them. Does this BM give a thank you after his obnoxious demanding for buffs? Of course not.

The rest of the BH up until first boss Farren goes quite nicely. Herc veno points out a Herc is not a barb and if people spam attacks, it will lose aggro. Understandable warning given the oracle noobs and the attitude of the BM in the squad. Farren goes without a hitch, and.... wait what's this? The two other venos dropped squad? I point out that everybody in this squad excluding the venos is going to need Calcid and Trioc. The Herc veno's response?
    "I was only there to help a faction member."
    ... I'm pretty sure he'll still need the other bosses too, once he turns this one in, I point out. Oh, wait, nope, she was talking about the other veno! A level 69 veno who needed Farren.
    Not unheard of I suppose, if you can leave FBs that long you can probably leave a BH that long too... somehow... maybe. I don't know. Either way, I ask if they would kindly stay to help the rest of the squad with the rest of the BH. The response?
    "Idc"

Before the expansion, sale of oracles and other things, the game was hardly ever like this. Yes, a few people had a bad tendency to "use and abuse" squads - but it was far rarer than it is today. People had the nice habit of a please and thank you when asking for and getting buffs. And many people I remember were nice enough to stay for a full dungeon run, regardless of if they needed the bosses or not, because it was generally a nice thing to do and everybody appreciated it. (I also had the habit of sometimes paying these people for their help, because I certainly appreciated it.)

tl;dr: You shouldn't be so lazy and should read the whole damn thing. That aside, it's kind of sad to see how this game has changed over the course of a few months.
    Uh, the community is still there and nice, you just are now looking at things negatively. And if you notice the forum is primarily a place for QQing (this is the status quo for pretty much every game) which is why you see so much whining, whereas those who actually enjoy the game spend most of their time IN the game rather than here.

It is not uncommon to come across idiots or a-holes in the game, it never has been, but to suggest that people's general kindness and helpfulness has declined would be in complete contradiction to my own experiences, especially in squads. Your post is very much akin to people who declare previous decades were inherently better for whatever reason regarding society. When you find yourself pining and nostalgic is when you need to probably have a break from the game, just as those overly nostalgic for previous decades already had their break from reality.
  • lymphocyte
    lymphocyte Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I agree with you. but there still are some nice helpful people. Take a bh59 i did a couple weeks ago. There was only 4 people in the squad including myself. They need zimo and qianji. I needed qianji and drake. and they said they would do drake afterwards so i stayed with them and we killed zimo first even though i didnt need it. then qianji and gluttinox and drake. they played their classes well and became my friends :) wish i had more squads like that

and on Lost City alot of the squads end up killing eachother after the bh lol :O
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dont pay any attention to AndyNagato the troll. i think its Magikrap
    how is expressing your opinion make you a troll? dont be obnoxious.

[PS] dont pay any attention to lymphocyte the troll, i think it could be magikrap with those whole propogandas against the word r@pe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    rule: only do dungeon stuff with reputable guildies and/or good friends.

suggestion: play 2 charcters at a time - 1tank and 1 healer. have another friend play BM and 1 DD. Or any combo works. You need less people for double the power.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • Irrianna - Harshlands
    Irrianna - Harshlands Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i put a cat-shop today and i was shouting my items
    i was looking the same ppl for 2 or more hours trying to get in 1 squad to do
    their BH and i wonder: so many ppl with the same bosses and no one can help them?
    or even their factions?
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The new BH's are a pain and are stressing everyone out like crazy. I'm serious. More than a few times I get asked to do quingzi and I'm thinking "sure, np, hop on BM and few aoe's and done in 5 mins". Except of course they need him three times. And suddenly you end up dropping an hour on helping a daily. And I find myself thinking "oh ****, do I have to...". BH39 people WILL die. It's a very hard cave and you can reach 50 in two to three days. Not everyone is an alt, some players are still learning the ropes and extremely inexperienced. BH59 seems to take 2-3 hours no matter what. Mainly with squad organisation. You WILL NEVER get a full Bh59 squad to stay for all 3, someone will ALWAYS leave. Sometimes the entire squad leaves and you're stuck for hours finding a squad for a boss few people have yet. BH69, inevitably someone want's to do pole/nob together or pulls nob when we need pole or vice versa. When there's a wine fee involved, you're talking arguments. Bh79/89...gets better. Experienced players. But there's still a wine fee involved and a lot of players are on a tight time schedule trying to cram all their dailies and rb/frost.

The whole fail-squad thing is 70% born from people stressed out from hours a day wasted on bh that they're ready to snap at each other at the slightest error. It certainly hasn't helped the community atmosphere one bit. I like the exp, but to be honest...I look back at the old days of no bh and leveling being an accomplishment and players who tried all sorts of fun things and helped people for the sake of it and were actually loyal and dedicated to their faction and developing with it.....and kinda miss those days. =/
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No, really. What happened to it?

The general "community" sort of spirit that was around before all this Raging Tide fiasco was nice. Yes, it wasn't the best and it wasn't the most noticeable, but it was there. Before the new BH system, before the expansion.

For example. The old BH. I remember that when it first started it was all the rage, and then people settled into it. People who didn't necessarily need the bosses would help you with them, because they could and they liked to. Random squads weren't such epic failures filled with oracle noobs.
    For example, my veno's BH39 today wasn't even really a BH.

Joined a squad with a 53 veno and 59 psychic. All good. I go to start clearing since both of them are advertising, and check my friends list. An archer joins. Nice, nice. Then, suddenly within five minutes, the archer and veno ditch for a new squad. Well hey, it happens... We get a 69 veno join the squad. She then invites a 53 BM and another 70 Herc veno. We then get a cleric. S'all good, squad's sorted and the first few caves are already cleared. Then... it starts.

The BM begins to demand buffs. Repeatedly. He's like a broken record, demanding buffs without a please in sight every few seconds. What's funny is that the cleric is nowhere near him (cleric joined late and had a way to run) and he won't wait for the cleric either. "Buff buff buff I need buffffffffs". Eventually, the rest of the squad wait for the cleric to catch up, and he buffs them. Does this BM give a thank you after his obnoxious demanding for buffs? Of course not.

The rest of the BH up until first boss Farren goes quite nicely. Herc veno points out a Herc is not a barb and if people spam attacks, it will lose aggro. Understandable warning given the oracle noobs and the attitude of the BM in the squad. Farren goes without a hitch, and.... wait what's this? The two other venos dropped squad? I point out that everybody in this squad excluding the venos is going to need Calcid and Trioc. The Herc veno's response?
    "I was only there to help a faction member."
    ... I'm pretty sure he'll still need the other bosses too, once he turns this one in, I point out. Oh, wait, nope, she was talking about the other veno! A level 69 veno who needed Farren.
    Not unheard of I suppose, if you can leave FBs that long you can probably leave a BH that long too... somehow... maybe. I don't know. Either way, I ask if they would kindly stay to help the rest of the squad with the rest of the BH. The response?
    "Idc"

Before the expansion, sale of oracles and other things, the game was hardly ever like this. Yes, a few people had a bad tendency to "use and abuse" squads - but it was far rarer than it is today. People had the nice habit of a please and thank you when asking for and getting buffs. And many people I remember were nice enough to stay for a full dungeon run, regardless of if they needed the bosses or not, because it was generally a nice thing to do and everybody appreciated it. (I also had the habit of sometimes paying these people for their help, because I certainly appreciated it.)

tl;dr: You shouldn't be so lazy and should read the whole damn thing. That aside, it's kind of sad to see how this game has changed over the course of a few months.

um anni packs is what ruined this game.it took away the fun of earning your gear,weapons,and other stuff.The lvling oracles thing ruined the fun of owning a grind spot.Which would start up big pk fights.That was really fun back in the day.If u werent there or apart of it then u really missed out.On the true fun of this gameb:thanks
    edited January 2010
    Options
    um anni packs is what ruined this game.it took away the fun of earning your gear,weapons,and other stuff.The lvling oracles thing ruined the fun of owning a grind spot.Which would start up big pk fights.That was really fun back in the day.If u werent there or apart of it then u really missed out.On the true fun of this gameb:thanks

._.'
    me tried to kill the people at oracle spots...
    and for some weird reason me knew like every 8 out of 10 of them there.
    b:sweat
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    um anni packs is what ruined this game.

Despite the fact anyone with this opinion gets shot down by the "QQ-Moar brigade", I have to admit QFT b:surrender
  • Irrianna - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    personaly after all the posts here i dont think i try to do bh
    before lvl 70 i can lvl up with the stone quest to. im not in hurry to lvl up fast
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    im jus saying if u like watching over your shoulder every 10 seconds while grinding or getting a party to go do lunar or hh or what ever then yes anni packs ruined that part of the game.But if your one of those fat lazy turds that eat hot pockets and **** in a bucket then go ahead and buy as many anni packs as u want and dont play the true meanie of the game lolb:laugh
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ._.
    me like looking over me shoulder it makes for interesting battles.
    58% chance to get tokens
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    good thats a good magichamstab:chuckle
  • Irrianna - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    im the type of person who likes get everything after personal hard work
    and i think to thats the meaning of the game. also the packs arent going to be
    forever in item mall right?
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    they will always come back.hehe i notice they came back under a different name lol so funny
  • Irrianna - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i have start playing this version again after a loooooooooooooooong
    time (i was lvling my char in the other version) and i dunno what happen in this version all this time. the bh here isnt removable right?
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Makes me glad im on a old server >.>;;

so far on sanc. there hasnt been too much of those kinda things, memorable enough for me to be pissed and remember.

There is a little of that going on as I still haven't found a squad for my 20x3 as well as my Veno's fb51.I was playing my archer joined a squad to kill chin and died went back to the village flew back and when I got there they already kill it and all left me.

I much preferred this game before BHs even came around even those out at the bluff aren't squading anymore.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    But if your one of those fat lazy turds that eat hot pockets and **** in a bucket

Thats why they made the game easier ... aimed at the American market b:chuckle
  • Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear
    Fuyukoneko - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I fully agree with all of this. To make an example on the insanity people have to lvl, I had a friend who I knew for a *long* time. We were in the same guild since lvl 30s -- and we've more or less stayed in the same factions as we lvled up. I even kept him on after he supposedly 'quit'.

So here we are, around lvl 96 where he just went flipping nuts on trying to get to 100. He'd ask me for help on TTs and never respond back to me after I agree to it; after, i realized he just tries to find the highest lvl clerics possible. I'm like: fine, it's somewhat understandable, even if it is downright rude and obnoxious.

Then one day, I ask him for help on a failed FF run [I rarely ask him for help, but it was a desperate situation]. He responds with a smiley face, and I ask what that means, and why does he never give me a clear answer.
    >>He says that he is spending every precious second trying to get to 100. And god forbid any one of those seconds is wasted on saying no.

Needless to say, I deleted him promptly. I know this is a game, and the people you meet here are peripheral at times. But jesus, for someone you've interacted with for a year (much less just met) -- there is a degree of courtesy that must be shown. I know of countless people who have taken the time to help me, and I appreciate it immensely. I appreciate it enough to help others, and not use them as stepping stones to scrape the mud off my boots.

So for all you self-center **** out there, do us a favor.

Don't ask for help. Don't ask for friends. Just play your game alone and gain whatever satisfaction you get from watching your pixel-precious characters die.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Then one day, I ask him for help on a failed FF run [I rarely ask him for help, but it was a desperate situation]. He responds with a smiley face, and I ask what that means, and why does he never give me a clear answer.
    >>He says that he is spending every precious second trying to get to 100. And god forbid any one of those seconds is wasted on saying no

Wth O_o

What exactly does he gain from being level 100 anyway? He'll have no real friends left by the time he gets there. Probably one of those sad idiots who looks at popular lv100's and believes "If I reach lv100, I'll be instantly popular, have tons of friends, be uber strong and pwn everyone below 99, and get automatic invite to the best factions and instance runs!"

He'll have a nasty surprise in a few levels. -.-
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wth O_o

What exactly does he gain from being level 100 anyway? He'll have no real friends left by the time he gets there. Probably one of those sad idiots who looks at popular lv100's and believes "If I reach lv100, I'll be instantly popular, have tons of friends, be uber strong and pwn everyone below 99, and get automatic invite to the best factions and instance runs!"

He'll have a nasty surprise in a few levels. -.-

win again b:kiss