Patch Preview 1/20/2010

Comments

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I want to remind people that flaming is against the forum rules. While we definitely want to hear your opinions, please don't argue with other users if you both disagree on something specific.

We're going to reopen this, please be respectful of your fellow community members.b:victory
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    So you remove all the info and valid disucssion about lunar...

LAME
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited January 2010
    So you remove all the info and valid disucssion about lunar...

LAME

If you have an issue with how a forum issue is handled, please PM me directly.b:victory
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No duration increase for Assassin's Bloodpaint?

That sucks.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    nothing about all soul skill of psychic ?
    blue number not updating other then range or mp cost

nothing about rainbow part gv ?
    more bean if u have all class in your party
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Should we be getting this tonight, then, hopefully? b:cute Too early to see if there's gonna be maint or not, but I'm excited for this and hoping to have it this week. Seem like its gonna happen? b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Lol, I hope archers can use daggers with this patch.

I need me some decent close range damage. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited January 2010
    Should we be getting this tonight, then, hopefully? b:cute Too early to see if there's gonna be maint or not, but I'm excited for this and hoping to have it this week. Seem like its gonna happen? b:thanks

Don't get your hopes up, I doubt that everything in this patch preview will be added in a single patch.b:victory
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Don't get your hopes up, I doubt that everything in this patch preview will be added in a single patch.b:victory

Ooooh, gotcha. b:cute Well hopefully we can get the fitting room in pretty quickly and soon at the least. X3 That's the biggest thing I'm looking forward to. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • u235
    u235 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No duration increase for Assassin's Bloodpaint?

That sucks.

+1. eatswithspoons since you guys increased the duration of psychyc abilities AND made them more powerful (can use both now) why don't you consider increasing Bloodpaint duration? It wouldn't be more powerful at all but would free us from the annoyance of having to recast it 20 times per quest. I don't know if the staff plays the game but this particular thing is VERY annoying.
  • AndyNagato - Lost City
    AndyNagato - Lost City Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    yay for lunar being made somewhat easier!
  • Juggernaut - Harshlands
    Juggernaut - Harshlands Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Fixed a graphical issue with Barbarian's Spark Eruption.

Care to explain what what wrong with it? I've never noticed any issues with using any kind of Spark Eruption..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    yay for lunar being made somewhat easier!

LOL trolling more?

Lunar will be easier to do, and getting Lunar green will be easier. Making lunar gold will become harder and almost require purchasing tokens/chips/coins for gold mats. Lunar gold doesn't drop so much now, but they're removing Sori and nerfing the drop rates and increasing the chip cost for tinders too. So Lunar will be farmable with veno's soloing with hercs, they'll end up selling more legendary pets, selling gold mats and taking the hard work of farming gold without paying real life cash almost impossible. Great news indeed! :\
  • OzryeL - Dreamweaver
    OzryeL - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    WoooW and has no one complain about having no Sage / Demon skills .... I guess we can wait for them for long .b:bye

Im 84, don't know witch path i will take, cannot plan it and it's ruinning my game play .
    How long does people will have patient ? i wonder ...its sad.
    And i am a patient guy ..an exception b:pleased
    i am really worried looking at the changes that still have to be done in the game...we have no events gears ..no full TT...no full Lunars...no Drops ..most higher lvl **** weapons....etc
    b:cry
    NB: if i missed an official post about lvl 11 skills timeline, can you plz post it here
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    if gm have not deleted our post some of us asked where are our demon sage skill and 79 skills already but finding it in 14+ page is .. well gl ;)
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence

• Vell - Heavens Tear
    Vell - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    LOL trolling more?

Seems like he's baiting to me, just ignore.
    Lunar will be easier to do, and getting Lunar green will be easier. Making lunar gold will become harder and almost require purchasing tokens/chips/coins for gold mats. Lunar gold doesn't drop so much now, but they're removing Sori and nerfing the drop rates and increasing the chip cost for tinders too. So Lunar will be farmable with veno's soloing with hercs, they'll end up selling more legendary pets, selling gold mats and taking the hard work of farming gold without paying real life cash almost impossible. Great news indeed! :\

Indeed. The ONLY thing I would have suggested was to allow porting to different valleys from the start. Maybe start at 1, port to 3, or port to 5. The biggest issue anyone had with Lunar was the length of time. And that's the only thing they should have addressed.

Sure it was hard, but have you really looked at the gear? Better than TT99. So by all measures it should be harder than TT3-3.
  • Hitori_Hanso - Sanctuary
    Hitori_Hanso - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    WoooW and has no one complain about having no Sage / Demon skills .... I guess we can wait for them for long .b:bye

Im 84, don't know witch path i will take, cannot plan it and it's ruinning my game play .
    How long does people will have patient ? i wonder ...its sad.
    And i am a patient guy ..an exception b:pleased
    i am really worried looking at the changes that still have to be done in the game...we have no events gears ..no full TT...no full Lunars...no Drops ..most higher lvl **** weapons....etc
    b:cry
    NB: if i missed an official post about lvl 11 skills timeline, can you plz post it here

I guarantee you that a lot of Tideborn stuff didn't get put into game because the developers didn't expect so many people to buy their levels with oracles. But while you're waiting for your 79, 89+ skills, learn how to play your class since you don't learn by doing oracles. I mean really, a 90+ Assassin on Sanctuary server already. If you expect me to believe that anybody 80+ that is Tideborn that didn't oracle, you've got another thing coming.
  • Pixye - Dreamweaver
    Pixye - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    WHAT? Did they decide to make Psy even MORE OP?

GREAT :D ----> Sarcasm...lets just ALL REROLL a psy to show them :D
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I guarantee you that a lot of Tideborn stuff didn't get put into game because the developers didn't expect so many people to buy their levels with oracles. But while you're waiting for your 79, 89+ skills, learn how to play your class since you don't learn by doing oracles. I mean really, a 90+ Assassin on Sanctuary server already. If you expect me to believe that anybody 80+ that is Tideborn that didn't oracle, you've got another thing coming.

<--- 81 assasin alt. not oracle guy. BUT i do play a lot.. i havent spend my time 100% effective. if i had i could be 85-88 no oracles, but again i cant work without breaks. a 9x yes pretty much oracled. but ppl do actually 8x no oracles to now XD.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • omgwtfbbqhax
    omgwtfbbqhax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    <--- 81 assasin alt. not oracle guy. BUT i do play a lot.. i havent spend my time 100% effective. if i had i could be 85-88 no oracles, but again i cant work without breaks. a 9x yes pretty much oracled. but ppl do actually 8x no oracles to now XD.

I don't know what's more sad. A lvl 8x character without oracles in 1 month or a lvl 8x character with oracles.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    both Xd but more if u oracled :s

• _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    3 mil to enter team mode? is this a joke?
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I hope there is fix for magic shell coming as well as Aegis spirit.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hmm... I have to say, I take back all of the stuff I said about you guys changing Lunar. I'm gonna look forward to a change and make the best of it. And I'm glad we can get capes from there now =)

Keep up the good work guys! And please say Lunar will be open really really soon, I wanna try it out :P
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Ehee - Lost City
    Ehee - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hmm... I have to say, I take back all of the stuff I said about you guys changing Lunar. I'm gonna look forward to a change and make the best of it. And I'm glad we can get capes from there now =)

Keep up the good work guys! And please say Lunar will be open really really soon, I wanna try it out :P

and the chip cost is more then cube necklaceb:laugh
    me gush you.
  • AngelPhoenix - Heavens Tear
    AngelPhoenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Suureee, everythings good good~
    only problem ^-^
    NPCs ARE TALKING IN CHINESE.

I was bored and i started kiling npc animals near the Zoologist, normally it would reply back in ENGLISH, but it replied back in chinese saying "Who dares to kill my creatures"..

THe other day i was doing bh51, i killed the guardian of pride, and i expected an english "The secret door is open..." but rather i got a chinese reply

City of Abomination NPC world chat announcements are all in chinese

I mean, Even the PUPPIES and HORSES are talking in chinese! (i've seen pups barking in chinese and horses neigh in chinese..yes)

wahh T_T everythings so chinese-ified xD

Edit: Im not picking on the game, nor insulting chinese stuff ._. i AM chinese..its just fustrating to see people in WC saying stuff like "Oh god its chinese, what has the pwi we know turned into!? DX" or sumthing..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~MysticAve is Recruiting ^^ b:victory~
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    only problem ^-^

I was bored and i started kiling npc animals near the Zoologist, normally it would reply back in ENGLISH, but it replied back in chinese saying "Who dares to kill my creatures"..

THe other day i was doing bh51, i killed the guardian of pride, and i expected an english "The secret door is open..." but rather i got a chinese reply

I mean, Even the PUPPIES and HORSES are talking in chinese! (i've seen pups barking in chinese and horses neigh in chinese..yes)

Good work meaning with Lunar :P Although it is pretty funny that Duke was speaking in Chinese after maint was done. I laughed so hard cause I was like.... OMG NOWAY!!! xD

But um i'm sure the GMs know about the Chinese stuff by now. No doubt will be fixed next patch. Or at least we can hope it will be next. Who knows what they might have planned though. Anywho's I'm out. Gonna get me some more skills before they re-open Lunar again >:)

Peace out and happy gaming everyone!
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
    edited January 2010
    and the chip cost is more then cube necklaceb:laugh

It's funny how some people will get bent over and reamed and just say ty.
  • OzryeL - Dreamweaver
    OzryeL - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    only problem ^-^

Edit: Im not picking on the game, nor insulting chinese stuff ._. i AM chinese..its just fustrating to see people in WC saying stuff like "Oh god its chinese, what has the pwi we know turned into!? DX" or sumthing..

ignore those usually spamming WC with weird comments ...
    its nice to see those chinese words, makes me wanna learn chinese, this is so nice b:thanks
    Anyway, GMs knows and will fix it soon ...
    Must admit, that the patch we just got gives me hope about tideborn fixes..
    I leave in a stressfull world when thing have to be done so quickly...
    In time things always get fixed, its a game to relax after all..
    When chinese patchs fixing all little bugs that doesn't stop us from enjoing the game wil be done, we will get them ..
    Also GMs / Scripters of PWI does a great job improving /adapting patch for us and improve the game play ...Great job guys b:victory
    Peace b:thanks
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    have a question-

"- A Fitting Room has been added to the Cash Shop. Players can now preview fashions as well as different colors prior to purchasing them."

...why is it that my veno can access this, but my lower level alts cant?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart