Patch Preview 1/20/2010

Options
eatwithspoons
eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Our very own GM Xarfox has just released a preview of the upcoming patch!

http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=6481

Check it out!
Post edited by eatwithspoons on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wooot!
    yay
    previews~
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meeplk - Harshlands
    Meeplk - Harshlands Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yesh me got first postb:victory

edit: ninjad by hamster nuuuu! b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

magic mmmb:dirty
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Multi exp thing sounds interesting, as does trophy mode. Are you guy planning on adding trophy mode to other instances as well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Multi exp thing sounds interesting, as does trophy mode. Are you guy planning on adding trophy mode to other instances as well?

Trophy mode is already available for FB99 Abaddon and Seat of Torment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Smobo - Heavens Tear
    Smobo - Heavens Tear Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Trophy mode is already available for FB99 Abaddon and Seat of Torment.

I know, but if you look at pwdatabase.com, theres a smorgasbord of capes for other instances, including fb69, 89s, and such. And if I'm not mistaken, also a way to combine lesser capes into better capes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "People who quote themselves in their signatures are silly. I mean, they can just make up whatever **** they want, and since they said it in their siggie, its a quote." - Smobo
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Instance Changes - Lunar Glade
    - Removed Neo-Deity Mode.
    "Ouch" for some pple lol

Go find that 1 metal essence ast. ;d

The fashion preview sure does help for everyone tho. Even if its just window shopping its good entertainment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited January 2010
    Options
    "Ouch" for some pple lol

Go find that 1 metal essence ast. ;d

The fashion preview sure does help for everyone tho. Even if its just window shopping its good entertainment.

I dunno what if nirvana has nice set bonuses :S... and the new instance might be easier to farm the mats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I dunno what if nirvana has nice set bonuses :S... and the new instance might be easier to farm the mats.
    ast.......... how many lv99 gear do you have and each gear needs 100 stones for only the 1st stage forge ;/
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Aww.. and here I thought they were gonna add trophy/success mode for lower fbs.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Finally, a fitting room!

I was this (---) close of suggesting one in the suggest forums.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Preview mode in Boutique is smexy :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ast.......... how many lv99 gear do you have and each gear needs 100 stones for only the 1st stage forge ;/

I don't think the ornaments can be nirvana'd so the answer is only 2. 200 stones can be done in a couple of months if we can actually go into the stupid instance. Why are you saying that is a large number while at the same time you are still doing WQ to get to lvl 102? b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Mutli-EXP sounds interesting.

Don't play a TB, especially not psychic, so I have no idea how the changes to their buffs/debuffs/skills/etc. is going to work out.

Trophy mode sounds interesting.

Fashion preview in the boutique... about time too, dammit!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    everything sounds very good to me keep up the good workb:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Check it out!
    hmmmmmb:chuckleb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

Check it out!

Now this is some good stuff, keep up the good work! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    Signako - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    So whats the point of Lunar Glade now? So let me get this straight, I can either level to 99-100 and pay 3 subs per run to do TT3-2,3-3 to get TT99 Gold, or I can pay 3mill for per run to get Lunar pieces, where the monsters are now easier.

Hey I have a better Idea here me out Devs/GMs. Delete Lunar, but here is the kicker, put all of it in Cash Shop, you already put the weapons and rings, inside the anni packs so its not going to hurt. When players were beating Lunar, and starting to really do good inside it, you change it. So not only do you have to pay for charms, refines, res scrolls etc. Now you have to pay 500k to go in it? What about clerics who are buying charms to keep up RB/BB, now they have to pay 500k too. What about the Barb? So it comes down to what everyone is saying. Play for free, but pay to win.

For those of you saying that i can merchant that much etc. I don't have time to leave my cpu on 24/7. I have lost all faith in Perfect World Entertainment, good way to make something that was worth working your butt off for, useless. Then again I should have noticed this when you was putting Oracles in the cash shop. Making sure Money$ is better than hard work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Knight is sworn to Valor. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His words speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I don't think the ornaments can be nirvana'd so the answer is only 2. 200 stones can be done in a couple of months if we can actually go into the stupid instance. Why are you saying that is a large number while at the same time you are still doing WQ to get to lvl 102? b:angry
    couple months........ D:
    So whats the point of Lunar Glade now? So let me get this straight, I can either level to 99-100 and pay 3 subs per run to do TT3-2,3-3 to get TT99 Gold, or I can pay 3mill for per run to get Lunar pieces, where the monsters are now easier.
    Not easier, just less harder b:chuckle theres a reason why not many wanted to do lunar glade
  • Pervs - Lost City
    Pervs - Lost City Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lunar Packs - 5$
    Twilight packs -5$
    Frost packs -5$

A chance to get any 5 items belonging to each instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Not easier, just less harder b:chuckle theres a reason why not many wanted to do lunar glade

But for those of us that do want to do it and had a dedicated squad, this update just makes our work in the past for nothing. I prefer WORKING for my gear. Much like some people prefer buying it or buying the mats for it.

We all have our preferences and this just makes all our current efforts and past efforts a waste.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lunar Packs - 5$
    Twilight packs -5$
    Frost packs -5$

A chance to get any 5 items belonging to each instance.

it burns~~
    DX
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    couple months........ D:

Lunar Glade is very easy if you know how to fight the monsters inside, and know what the bosses do, and how to beat them. Making them easier, makes all past effort useless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Knight is sworn to Valor. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His words speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.
  • HitsTwice - Raging Tide
    HitsTwice - Raging Tide Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wow, the new content sounds awesome b:laugh
    Native Pride
  • Vell - Heavens Tear
    Vell - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Sig and River are right, Lunar glade really wasn't as hard as everyone thought it was. The real problem was that few people really KNEW anything about Lunar glade. My biggest issue with Lunar has been the armor... it receives no bonuses like the TT99 gear, yet it is harder to achieve. This was just another turn off from Lunar runs IMO. That's what they should of changed. Not a weaker instance, but STRONGER armor to create an incentive.

Or as someone mentioned on the preview blog, let us warp ahead to valleys instead of always starting at Aqua. Maybe use the soulgems to warp, that way we have to earn the right to warp by actually running the instance. But really, 3 MILLION coins to enter? Why?
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    interesting :o
    fash preview YUM !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Lunar Glade is very easy if you know how to fight the monsters inside, and know what the bosses do, and how to beat them. Making them easier, makes all past effort useless.
    But for those of us that do want to do it and had a dedicated squad, this update just makes our work in the past for nothing. I prefer WORKING for my gear. Much like some people prefer buying it or buying the mats for it.

We all have our preferences and this just makes all our current efforts and past efforts a waste.
    Thats like me saying i want the previous 8hr+ Frost Covered City runs back, the one before the revamp, cause i ran it in the past with dedicated squads and now current pple dont. An this is like when no one knew which order of boss to kill too.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thats like me saying i want the previous 8hr+ Frost Covered City runs back, cause i ran it in the past with dedicated squads and now current pple dont.

To be honest, I DO want those back too. But its not gonna happen. They said FF was a place to level, not really focus on gear.

Lunar, in my research was more gear oriented than leveling. The mobs are relatively easy, like Signako says, after you learn the methods with which each needs. And lately, we've found we can skip half the valleys mobs and get done quicker. That's how we got to Crisium and to Relic of Wind, we skipped mobs instead of killing everything. The Shoveal valley (Insularum) is the hardest valley, get through that and its almost a cake-walk. We never had any issues getting through valleys, just took so long and by the time we reached Crisium, we were either too tired, or people had to leave for RL issues.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Thats like me saying i want the previous 8hr+ Frost Covered City runs back, the one before the revamp, cause i ran it in the past with dedicated squads and now current pple dont. An this is like when no one knew which order of boss to kill too.
    seems like they're doing quite the same as FF but now to LV. in other words, a lot easier but unrewarding in terms of drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
    edited January 2010
    Options
    To be honest, I DO want those back too. But its not gonna happen. They said FF was a place to level, not really focus on gear.

Lunar, in my research was more gear oriented than leveling. The mobs are relatively easy, like Signako says, after you learn the methods with which each needs. And lately, we've found we can skip half the valleys mobs and get done quicker. That's how we got to Crisium and to Relic of Wind, we skipped mobs instead of killing everything. The Shoveal valley (Insularum) is the hardest valley, get through that and its almost a cake-walk. We never had any issues getting through valleys, just took so long and by the time we reached Crisium, we were either too tired, or people had to leave for RL issues.
    Maybe PWI is trying to be also working class friendly by compromising with shorter instances than dumping everything in boutique cause pple QQ? Cause im pretty sure if you live with a family, work, take a bath, and eat breakfast/lunch/dinner, unless you hermit yourself in your room and prio game over family/friend interaction, its very unrealistic to do such an instance over and over to get your gear. College days? hell ya i had all that time for sure. Now? Not unless i seriously give up every single daily
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Maybe PWI is trying to be also working class friendly by compromising with shorter instances than dumping everything in boutique cause pple QQ? Cause im pretty sure if you live with a family, work, take a bath, and eat dinner, unless you hermit yourself in your room and prio game over family/friend interaction, its very unrealistic to do such an instance over and over to get your gear. College days? hell ya i had all that time for sure. Now? Not unless i seriously give up every single daily

So having to pay 3mill per run, helps? It pretty much tells me, grind more, or use real life $ to pay for every run, or becoming a farmer. Either way its still wasting your life in lunar, but now you have to farm/grind for 3mill as well as charms etc, unless you want to waste real money on charms >.>. I rather use that money on feeding my family, or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]