Patch Preview 1/20/2010

Comments

• Vell - Heavens Tear
    Vell - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Instance Changes - Lunar Glade

Single Player Mode - Players can attain shards, fragments, and crystals through this mode. No quest pre-requisites are necessary to enter.

Single mode has always been there, just needed to complete a quest first before now. Have always dropped frags and crystals too. Not sure what they mean by dropping shards now. What level of shards? Only bosses? Still a lot of unanswered questions on this preview.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited January 2010
    I don't like the 900 second duration on the voodoos. 60 seconds is fine.

If they're gonna keep it, can they at least add in a disable/turn off feature for the skill?
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It better not cost 3mil to do trophy mode too... but logically it seems like it would too which would just suck.
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Well Frost and Lunar gear is going to be in the cash shop thats just something we're going to have to deal with. But I as well as many other I know and it seems many other on the different servers would still like to be able to farm and craft the weapons. I would spend time and many runs in frost if I knew that the mats would drop and I could get an aquadash eventually. But as of now the most reliable way to get it is to farm DQ from mobs and sell till you work up to 30-35 mil and buy it from a cash shopper. I understand the company wanting to make money and putting high lvl gear in the cash shop in order to do that. But can it be changed so that we can still farm for it. If people want to do an exp instance with a squad they can run RB. Though the exp is nice I would like to be able to get the gear for which the instance was origionally madeon my own merit rather than just paying some obscene amount for it.b:surrender

trophy mode for some loer fbs toob:thanksb:thanksb:thanks

personally I like that the buffs for psys are going to last longer but yea there should be some kind of self purge skill since both voodoos have a negative effect as well as the positive one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Khalfani - Harshlands
    Khalfani - Harshlands Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    How do you use the auto-sort mode for the inventory?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=459842
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i see no mention of naked'ness fix in there sigh -_-

lucky for some b:chuckle

topic.. Uhm yea 3m for team mode seems maybe a bit high.
    Btw increasing Psyhics buff, but assasin bloodpaint is still gonna be so little. sigh.. else heard china made it 30 min.

im corious what multi-exp can be XD
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lucky for some b:chuckle

topic.. Uhm yea 3m for team mode seems maybe a bit high.
    Btw increasing Psyhics buff, but assasin bloodpaint is still gonna be so little. sigh.. else heard china made it 30 min.

im corious what multi-exp can be XD

yea i saw that post too abt china making it 30 min for bloodpaint. if PWI does that i might lvl my sin a bit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nimh88
    nimh88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This is how multi-exp will work from what I understand:

There will be a stone in cash shop that you can buy.

Buy 3, you get 4x exp for 3 hours.
    Buy 4, you get 6x exp for 2 hours.
    Buy 5, you get 12x exp for 1 hour.

After that, you will get normal exp. for 3 hours.

After that, you will only get 10% of normal exp. for the rest of the 24 hr. period.

So if I buy 5 at 8:00am, I will get 12x exp from 8am to 9am. Then from 9am to noon, I will get normal exp. After that, from noon to 8am the next morning, I will only get 10% of normal exp.

These stones do stack with exp. scroll, and only work with killing mobs, and do not work in FF.

People who do not have much time to play everyday will like these stones.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    nimh88 wrote: »

After that, you will only get 10% of normal exp. for the rest of the 24 hr. period.

So if I buy 5 at 8:00am, I will get 12x exp from 8am to 9am. Then from 9am to noon, I will get normal exp. After that, from noon to 8am the next morning, I will only get 10% of normal exp.

These stones do stack with exp. scroll, and only work with killing mobs, and do not work in FF.

People who do not have much time to play everyday will like these stones.

Holy **** if thats true. grind for 1 hour at 12x + 50% wtf LOL

12-16k exp pr mob ROFL
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It better not cost 3mil to do trophy mode too... but logically it seems like it would too which would just suck.

Trophy Mode is 600k to enter. It was done with a squad not too long ago...It was INSANE!! But a lot of fun and charm burn to the max!! We wanted to try again but the NPC's for them have been missing for about a week (we did it about a week and a half before) b:surrender
    nimh88 wrote: »

Hmmmmm......Good for a fast grind...but can you imagine 3rd Map b:shocked

<---- Curious as to why all of a sudden leveling has become MUCH easier then it used to be. There is essentially no more grind. *thinking*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    <---- Curious as to why all of a sudden leveling has become MUCH easier then it used to be. There is essentially no more grind. *thinking*

higher levels = more money in pwi's pockets

charms alone do this <_< you know how many charms you go through at higher levels vs lower levels..

+ more higher levels = more people aiming to get pack gear (yes I know the packs are gone now, but we all know theyll be back in a month or less.)
  • StormChaos - Heavens Tear
    StormChaos - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Single mode has always been there, just needed to complete a quest first before now. Have always dropped frags and crystals too. Not sure what they mean by dropping shards now. What level of shards? Only bosses? Still a lot of unanswered questions on this preview.

Yes I know single mode has always been there, but from how the new one is worded they will remove the pre-req of doing to squad mode first to open it.

Im not sure how I feel about the reduced drops and 3mil fee but removing the need to do squad mode to open solo mode is great imo
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    - A Fitting Room has been added to the Cash Shop. Players can now preview fashions as well as different colors prior to purchasing them.

Does this mean that Cash Shop buyers can now choose the color of their Boutique items? It always seemed odd to me that Boutique buyers, who mostly buy Zen and thus support the game financially, have to deal with "random" color selection while those who grind coin (play for free but don't support the game financially) and buy from the Auction can preview items and get the color of their choice. Allowing Cash Shop buyers to choose a color would seem a good thing to me (more incentive to buy from Boutique which results in more Zen purchases and potentially higher exchange rate for coin-to-Zen thus preserving the purchasing power of those who financially support the game).
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    - A Fitting Room has been added to the Cash Shop. Players can now preview fashions as well as different colors prior to purchasing them.

Does this mean that Cash Shop buyers can now choose the color of their Boutique items? It always seemed odd to me that Boutique buyers, who mostly buy Zen and thus support the game financially, have to deal with "random" color selection while those who grind coin (play for free but don't support the game financially) and buy from the Auction can preview items and get the color of their choice. Allowing Cash Shop buyers to choose a color would seem a good thing to me (more incentive to buy from Boutique which results in more Zen purchases and potentially higher exchange rate for coin-to-Zen thus preserving the purchasing power of those who financially support the game).

what would be the use for dyes then? thats just another way devs charge us (**** us over imo)
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    WE FEAR CHANGE
    we_fear_change.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    1. The preview said the Leader must pay 3 million coins. Equally split I believe that amounts to ~500k per squad member if a full party of 6.
    Good lord... there will be alot of excess drops along the way to make mats and unneeded green lunar gear to fund a run IF especially what you say is true about tending to need a good static for lunar. There should be no reason why you would be flat broke, if at all only for the non statics.

2. We choose the date that is best for everyone, so as not to be interrupted. Just as you have the choice to go TT then Nirvana. Why is there something wrong with a choice to make a date instead of being spontaneous? What does that mean anything is wrong? Just because it doesn't fit your logic and we don't think like you do?
    see above.
    Nirvana is shorter cause more people do it... and you only need like 100 pieces or some such to upgrade an equip.
    i LOLed. Unless you meant for us to buy it.
    1. Having a full lunar run now, and having to grind 500k per run. Will equal out the same in wasted time. (By making it shorter this run probably saved alot more than 500k of charms or meds for some pple. Also you can make profit to fund these runs if your not greedy)

2. Never once said a faster lunar run is bad, just easier is boring. Does not give satisfaction of working hard. (no comment)

3. Not everyone has money to throw around, I am not a cash shopper, I have a family to feed, instead of buying pixel items. (you dont need to be a cash shopper, just need to be versatile in thinking)

The whole fight about this is the price, if they make it 300k, or like warsong 2 mirage per person. Then it will be better. I am done with this thread, if you want to argue more, reach me on heavens Tear. (lol 300k understandable, altho TT3-x costs more than 2 mirage each, what makes you think theyll make it cheaper for a place where you get a gear 1 grade higher. If you want to QQ moar, reach me on Santuary)
    qqqqqqqqqqqq
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    what would be the use for dyes then? thats just another way devs charge us (**** us over imo)
    The dyes you can buy do not represent all the colors you can get... there are some colors that can only be achieved by buying an item from the Cash Shop and "hoping" you get that color (i.e., there is no equivalent dye; there's a shade of a blue and a dark green I can think of off the top of my head that there's no dye for but which I have items of that Boutique-only color).

I don't think allowing Cash Shop buyers to choose a color would elminate the incentive to buy dyes, but why should the people that financially support the game have "random" colors while those who do not support the game can choose a color? Admittedly, a Cash Shop buyer can just convert their gold to coin and wait for an item in the color of their choice to become available at the Auction, but clothing items in the Auction are usually cheaper than the Boutique for a given coin-to-gold exchange rate. Why wouldn't PWI prefer that Cash Shop buyers buy the more expensive items straight from the Boutique rather than convert to coin and buy cheaper at Auction? If we had color choices in Boutique, this might happen more frequently than it does now.

Just some musings... no data except my own buying habits! :p
  • BraveHeart_ - Dreamweaver
    BraveHeart_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    higher levels = more money in pwi's pockets

charms alone do this <_< you know how many charms you go through at higher levels vs lower levels..

+ more higher levels = more people aiming to get pack gear (yes I know the packs are gone now, but we all know theyll be back in a month or less.)
    I agree completely and I know some who have said it before. I think since there's no significant wave of new players coming in with the expansion (mostly just older players rerolling) they have to milk the old players base who are determined to keep on playing. And the faster you start reaching lvl 90-100 the more you will realise how much more it will cost you to sustain your char at that lvl.
    I am a Demon Axe/Fist BM and proud of it. b:victory

Played for 4 months between 09.21.09-01.18.10

Then quit playing a game that I had grown to hate every day. b:bye
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The dyes you can buy do not represent all the colors you can get... there are some colors that can only be achieved by buying an item from the Cash Shop and "hoping" you get that color (i.e., there is no equivalent dye; there's a shade of a blue and a dark green I can think of off the top of my head that there's no dye for but which I have items of that Boutique-only color).

I don't think allowing Cash Shop buyers to choose a color would elminate the incentive to buy dyes, but why should the people that financially support the game have "random" colors while those who do not support the game can choose a color? Admittedly, a Cash Shop buyer can just convert their gold to coin and wait for an item in the color of their choice to become available at the Auction, but clothing items in the Auction are usually cheaper than the Boutique for a given coin-to-gold exchange rate. Why wouldn't PWI prefer that Cash Shop buyers buy the more expensive items straight from the Boutique rather than convert to coin and buy cheaper at Auction? If we had color choices in Boutique, this might happen more frequently than it does now.

Just some musings... no data except my own buying habits! :p
    Hear hear.

I wouldn't have problems with dyes if clothes didn't take so many of them to be dyed. So if I buy a shirt from the catshop and I don't like the fact that it's purple, my only option is to collect 21 bloody dyes of the same colour to dye it to a colour that I actually like. 21 dyes? Are you kidding me? A typical dye goes for around 300k! You expect me to spend 6.3mil coins just to achieve my fashion needs that should have been achieved the moment I paid for the darn thing?

Imagine a clothing store where you aren't allowed to choose the colour you want. Fashion is fashion for a reason. You are SUPPOSED TO CHOOSE coordination that you are comfortable with. This isn't a bloody gamble.
  • Lyve - Sanctuary
    Lyve - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I'm just curious because I didn't see it anywhere, but is this patch currently active. The title reads as though it is a patch put out on 1/20/2010, and sounded to me like a few people are commenting on it, but I have no fasion preview in my boutique. Might anyone be able to clarify this for me, I iz confoozed. b:surrender
    edited January 2010
    I'm just curious because I didn't see it anywhere, but is this patch currently active. The title reads as though it is a patch put out on 1/20/2010, and sounded to me like a few people are commenting on it, but I have no fasion preview in my boutique. Might anyone be able to clarify this for me, I iz confoozed. b:surrender
    i dont think its fully active yet. Because from what i read it was some upcoming patches?
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010

The date signifies the date this was published, nothing is live yet as it is a preview of things to come. b:victory
  • Lyve - Sanctuary
    Lyve - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Thank you Deciptistar and Spoons for the quick response and clarification. b:thanks
  • Mivi - Lost City
    Mivi - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    3000000 coins fee to do a 1/3 (?) of lunar: is a lot

an hh requires 3 substances >_<
    a warsong requires 12 mirage, 2 for each member
    and a lunar 3mil
    maybe bosses was to strong
    so why not reduces theyr strong and respective drops only?
    why introduce a so high fee? and break the istance into 3 pieces?

lunar gold requires also gold mats from hh, 4 for each gold equip
    i dont think those change make the crafting of the lunar gear more easy for the player
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    May we have a hint as to the release date of this patch?

Kinda surprised no one brought this up but I know lots of us have neo deity scrolls waiting to be used during the 2x drop at the start of February.

If the patch is supposed to go live before that time, it would be nice to know :p
    b:dirty
    edited January 2010
    lunar gold requires also gold mats from TT, 4 for each gold equip
    i dont think those change make the crafting of the lunar gear more easy for the player
    fixed. welcome to PWI.

And the gold mats from TT. After the last 2x drop week, they because super cheapo and dont even sell good i think.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    fixed. welcome to PWI.
    Nobody cares.

And personally I think this isn't a horrible idea, but it depends on how they change the instance. Any money sink is welcome, the economy is too f***ed up right now.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
    edited January 2010
    Nobody cares.

And personally I think this isn't a horrible idea, but it depends on how they change the instance. Any money sink is welcome, the economy is too f***ed up right now.
    learn2quote b:chuckle oh wait u dont care lol
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    actually with all the events some have accumulated a lot of chips...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Okay there has been more then enough arguing in here. While I don't like closing stickys in this case I will do it and speak to eatwithspoons when he comes in to have a look at all this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]